Sapa

Sapa United States Employee Reviews

Artist Paradise
Member (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TexasApril 6, 2015
if you love acting this is the place to be. Everyday is something new and exciting for the whole acting community that is currently active.
Sapa
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Sidney, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits, set hours per week, overtime
Cons: short breaks, overtime varies, co-workers cant be trusted
A normal day at work would consist of starting at 6 a.m. when I enter the factory I have to find out what has to be done that day and I would be stuck anywhere in our department. I learned how to mange my time. Also I learned how to produce mass quantities of product in a very short amount of time. The management at Sapa is overpowered. They only talk to you when its on their time. Other than that its hard to talk to them or find them when you need them. The hardest part about my job was not knowing what i would be doing day to day and having to be told what other people are doing wrong and trying to keep it quiet while I try to fix their mistakes without them knowing it. In my opinion I did not have a most enjoyable part of time.
I injoy doing produdtion work and working with my hands also troubleshooting i never miss work or call in sick i worked 12 hour shifts 5 days a week
Fabrication Worker and packer (Former Employee), Yankton South DakotaFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: benifts, profit sharing, paid holidays
Cons: short breaks
I worked 2nd shift at SAPA 6pm to 6am. I worked with cutting and punching also packing of metals. I learned how to work good with others and run company machinery. And getting orders done on time. My shift lead man was very helpful if there was a problem. The only thing I did not like about my job is being so far away from my son. That is why I moved to Las Vegas and looking for work. I think the hardest thing about the job is the 12 hour shifts. The longer a worked there the better I got at my job. I have done construction of garages before also the installing and repairing of residential garage doors and openers. I would like the chance to work for you. Thank you for your time.
productive and safe work place
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee), Delhi, LAJanuary 8, 2015
reviewing and filling orders and teaching others the job. co-workers where great, was a great learning expierince. I liked being held responsible and being able to grow as a worker and person.
No Comment
Administrator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 1, 2015
Sapa Louisville location was excellent employer; however, due to curtailment of production in 2009 and recent merger, business decisions were made at the corporate level to close the Louisville location. Sapa no longer operates in the area.
Productive and fun place
Overhead crane operator and forklift operator (Former Employee), Delhi, LaAugust 5, 2014
Pros: long breaks, good work environment
Cons: hot during the summer, cold during the winter
Sapa Extrusion is a very nice place to work its very laid back and the money is good. You have three different shifts and they work around your schedule.
shipping
Freight Handler (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 29, 2014
I packed lineal aluminum...although a heavy job...it was very rewarding... hardest part is the heat and the most enjoyable was my coworkers...
good place to work
Assistant extrusion operator/Mill worker/Janitor (Former Employee), Cressona, PAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: good money good benefit
Cons: long hours hot
long day leaned differ job in the plant able to talk to management about problem good people to work with long hours hot in summer having fun with other people . free steak free stuff from vender at job fair
not fun
Engineering/Supervisory (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2014
overworked and underpaid. 24-7 operation. no holidays, weekends or time off.
all about production
Head Packer (Current Employee), Delhi, LANovember 6, 2013
Pros: benefits, hours, 401k plan
Cons: management, short breaks, poor organization, no time off
8-10 hour shift including weekends
Fast Paced production plant
Good Benefits
Below average management
Great employees
not good advancement
VERY FAST PACED JOB
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 11, 2013
Pros: great money, good benefits
Cons: layoffs
GREAT JOB. LOTS OF MONEY TO BE MADE I FYOU WORK HARD. EVERYBODY WORKS AS A TEAM.
A professional place to work
Metal Buyer of Indiana (Former Employee), Elkhart, INMay 11, 2012
Every day brings new problems to solve and to learn from. Using all of my management skills to improve the company's goals. Working with great people and having a good team work ethic. Firing people is the hardest part but is apart of management duties. Hiring qualified people and awarding them for a good job.
Great Equal Opportunity Employer
Portland OR (Former Employee), WarehouseNovember 3, 2011
Pros: steady workflow
Cons: high stress level occupation
Willingness to provide the opportunity for career advancement in a high volume, high demanding equal opportunity employer group

About Sapa

Covering the gamut from snacks to aluminum-based building systems, Orkla is a conglomerate engaged in producing aluminum and aluminum – Read more

Sapa Salaries