Sapa Employee Reviews in United States

Sapa
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 24, 2015
A normal day at work would consist of starting at 6 a.m. when I enter the factory I have to find out what has to be done that day and I would be stuck anywhere in our department. I learned how to mange my time. Also I learned how to produce mass quantities of product in a very short amount of time. The management at Sapa is overpowered. They only talk to you when its on their time. Other than that its hard to talk to them or find them when you need them. The hardest part about my job was not knowing what i would be doing day to day and having to be told what other people are doing wrong and trying to keep it quiet while I try to fix their mistakes without them knowing it. In my opinion I did not have a most enjoyable part of time.
Pros
great benefits, set hours per week, overtime
Cons
short breaks, overtime varies, co-workers cant be trusted
productive
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 24, 2016
job wasn't bad it was just that they didn't let you know you were working over till the last minute. stayed busy but people didn't want to work just wanted to talk
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
drama
Great Location
Sushi Chef/Bus Boy/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2016
The location was ideal to ensure a busy fast paced work day! I was able to learn how to be a sushi chef and I loved it!! The people were very friendly as well!
great experience
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Manpower) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 9, 2015
They gave me a chance while I was still in college. Because of SAPA I gained the necessary experience to persue a career in industrial maintenance. I have nothing bad to say about this company at all.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Overtime
Great people and enviroment
FORK TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day was on a fork truck or combi lift loading machines. I learned about new machines and parts we distributed. Our management was great, easy to talk to. Co-workers gave me 110 percent and I returned it. Keeping up it the demand of parts. Learning new things.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
long days
all about production
Head Packer (Current Employee) –  Delhi, LANovember 6, 2013
8-10 hour shift including weekends
Fast Paced production plant
Good Benefits
Below average management
Great employees
not good advancement
Pros
benefits, hours, 401k plan
Cons
management, short breaks, poor organization, no time off
Very fast paced job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 11, 2013
Great job. Lots of money to be made I fyou work hard. Everybody works as a team.
Pros
great money, good benefits
Cons
layoffs
Productive, learn new things daily
Extrusion Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 29, 2015
Very hands on work place. You have to work at a certain pace level
Very important that you meet your numbers and quotas for the day.
good place to work
Assistant extrusion operator/Mill worker/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cressona, PAMarch 3, 2014
long day leaned differ job in the plant able to talk to management about problem good people to work with long hours hot in summer having fun with other people . free steak free stuff from vender at job fair
Pros
good money good benefit
Cons
long hours hot
I injoy doing produdtion work and working with my hands also troubleshooting i never miss work or call in sick i worked 12 hour shifts 5 days a week
Fabrication Worker and packer (Former Employee) –  Yankton South DakotaFebruary 14, 2015
I worked 2nd shift at SAPA 6pm to 6am. I worked with cutting and punching also packing of metals. I learned how to work good with others and run company machinery. And getting orders done on time. My shift lead man was very helpful if there was a problem. The only thing I did not like about my job is being so far away from my son. That is why I moved to Las Vegas and looking for work. I think the hardest thing about the job is the 12 hour shifts. The longer a worked there the better I got at my job. I have done construction of garages before also the installing and repairing of residential garage doors and openers. I would like the chance to work for you. Thank you for your time.
Pros
benifts, profit sharing, paid holidays
Cons
short breaks
Productive, organized
Fabrication and Trafficking Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cressona, PAJune 1, 2015
My department as a whole is very organized, productive, and thrives well together. We work together wonderfully, and support each other. I was hired strictly as temporary employee, just for the summer.
A very hot environemnt
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St Augustine, FLApril 19, 2015
I worked in a warehouse with no central air or heat. I learned how to operate several machine. I learned how to be a draw bench operator, saw operator, and crane operator.
Pros
I worked day shift
Cons
Climate control
Artist Paradise
Member (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TexasApril 6, 2015
if you love acting this is the place to be. Everyday is something new and exciting for the whole acting community that is currently active.
A professional place to work
Metal Buyer of Indiana (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 11, 2012
Every day brings new problems to solve and to learn from. Using all of my management skills to improve the company's goals. Working with great people and having a good team work ethic. Firing people is the hardest part but is apart of management duties. Hiring qualified people and awarding them for a good job.
No Comment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 1, 2015
Sapa Louisville location was excellent employer; however, due to curtailment of production in 2009 and recent merger, business decisions were made at the corporate level to close the Louisville location. Sapa no longer operates in the area.
productive and safe work place
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delhi, LAJanuary 8, 2015
reviewing and filling orders and teaching others the job. co-workers where great, was a great learning expierince. I liked being held responsible and being able to grow as a worker and person.
Great Equal Opportunity Employer
Portland OR (Former Employee) –  WarehouseNovember 3, 2011
Willingness to provide the opportunity for career advancement in a high volume, high demanding equal opportunity employer group
Pros
steady workflow
Cons
high stress level occupation
Productive and fun place
Overhead crane operator and forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Delhi, LaAugust 5, 2014
Sapa Extrusion is a very nice place to work its very laid back and the money is good. You have three different shifts and they work around your schedule.
Pros
long breaks, good work environment
Cons
hot during the summer, cold during the winter
not fun
Engineering/Supervisory (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2014
overworked and underpaid. 24-7 operation. no holidays, weekends or time off.
shipping
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 29, 2014
I packed lineal aluminum...although a heavy job...it was very rewarding... hardest part is the heat and the most enjoyable was my coworkers...