Sapa Employee Reviews

Rhythmic routine
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, INNovember 1, 2017
Nice pace of work. Nice paycheck. Lots of nice and helpful coworkers. Better for single people who don't mind to be away from home all the time. Normally work 12 hours Monday - Friday. At least 8 hours Saturday and Sunday
Pros
great paychecks
Cons
never home
their own world
Saw Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, INOctober 20, 2017
very hot, no training, seemed to not care if you run scrap all day. No body really wanted to help. ask for more training they would send you to go look for someone to help you
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no life outside company, work forever
Company closed
Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 23, 2017
Company closed do to foreign competition. Good people but no future do to company's moving out of united states. Not much more to say but they closed.
Pros
Go9d work
Cons
Closed
Hardworking, advance quickly
Fulltime Aluminum Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDSeptember 19, 2017
Even though you may advance quickly in this company, it is a very stressful job. They require you to do a lot of overtime so you never really had any family time. But it had quite a few good people working there. My typical work day consisted of working a very hot and humid environment, and working with some very dangerous equipment
fast paced work
Shipping Supervisor/Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INAugust 23, 2017
I learned a lot about shipping and receiving and how to load trucks.. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat. Co workers were easy to get along with and offered support and help when needed.
Good place
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 21, 2017
Learned machining here. I had a great manager who was patient. Steady hours and ok pay. People are very nice and encouraging. Just place is getting a little older now needs updayed.
Pros
Good pay and management
a job
Laborer Worker (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJuly 26, 2017
nothing to great to tell about this facillity maybe other facilities are better. pay is ok jobs are hard but you get ample breaks. the problem lies in the management no comunication and the plant manager has no clue about managing.
Pros
breaks
Cons
managment
Strong Core Business
Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2017
Strong Financial Shared Services and production areas. Demanding ERP project oriented work environment. Global footprint requires travel and non-standard meeting times to accommodate Asian colleague work day.
Pros
Excellent compensation and health care.
Cons
Facilities are not up to date
Good pay for senior maintenance techs
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 27, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Sometime days no maintenance calls or quick 5 minute fix calls, which makes for a long day. CNC's can be nasty to work on. Cramped with sticky bacteria infested coolant
Sapa Horrible
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, INJune 25, 2017
I worked at sapa almost a year put my everything into that place 12 plus hours a week 6-7 days. I was let go from there for making a decision that benifit my self and fellow co workers at the time. My supervisor was young and had no experience and was not good with people. If he was in a bad mood most of the time he took it out on me. Management is horrible there. They have no people skills at all. They don't treat there employees fair or with respect all they are worried about is pushing metal down every ones face. It's an extremely hot work environment and if you have a family that depends on you. Sapa is definitely not the place to be!
Pros
Pays good with benefits
Cons
You have to destroy your mind and body to get good money, I lost my family dedicated myself to sapa
Managment very unprofessional
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMay 30, 2017
Was told that they do not lay off and within 5 months I was laid off with no option of getting hired back. I worked 12-15 hours a day, 6-7 days a week without being compensated for all of the overtime.
A productive fast pace job
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAMay 7, 2017
Very good company with good benefits. But very hot and fast pace company. Really good safety program and good management. Hardest part about the job is staying hydrated. The most enjoyable part was the holiday parties. I learned how to operate machinery 10 ton cranes hoist and H ovens.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Very hard work and hot
Productive workplace
Forming Operator (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLApril 7, 2017
Comfortable work space. Always something to learn every day. My coworkers were very friendly and the manager was very fair and willing to help the workers
A really good place to work.
Helper m (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTApril 5, 2017
Learned how to mix paint and how to actually paint and build up materials, hardest part of the job being in the same spot for hours because your back starts to hurt.
Good work environment.
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Sapa was a great place to work. Many friendly co-workers and a safe, clean facility with exceptional benefits and the opportunity to try for new jobs and advance in the company.
Place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Parchment, MIOctober 25, 2016
It was a good place to work. Coworkers were friendly and the atmosphere was conducive for working. Overall a good company.
SAPA has treated me very well and is a great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Yankton, SDJuly 5, 2016
I started at SAPA as a Grade 1 saw helper and worked my way up to become the Maintenance Manager. SAPA has given me many learning opportunities to better myself.
productive
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 24, 2016
job wasn't bad it was just that they didn't let you know you were working over till the last minute. stayed busy but people didn't want to work just wanted to talk
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
drama
Great Location
Sushi Chef/Bus Boy/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2016
The location was ideal to ensure a busy fast paced work day! I was able to learn how to be a sushi chef and I loved it!! The people were very friendly as well!
Productive, learn new things daily
Extrusion Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 29, 2015
Very hands on work place. You have to work at a certain pace level
Very important that you meet your numbers and quotas for the day.