Sapp Bros., Inc. Employee Reviews

Worst Management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOJanuary 24, 2018
I loved my co workers, but if you want a job that makes you feel less of a person this is it. The management is horrible, they love to speak down to you and cuss at you. I have never had such bad management until having this job. You can barely move as the cameras are always being watched from their desk to home. Your lucky if you get a lunch, let alone time off.
Pros
Discount lunch, gas and dribks
Cons
Management, days off, time off
Seriously
Server/Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 29, 2017
I miss this job and I love the people I worked with ...I would definitely work here again I had to relocate only reason I left ..I would recommend this job to anyone it's a great company
Pros
Great people great benefits
Cons
New management on lower level
Sapps
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Percival, IANovember 22, 2017
Worked very many holidays, most weekends, hardly any time to do other things and ask for time off and sometimes worked long days, poor management, and lack of vacation and sick days.
Fast passed, detail orientated
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 16, 2017
long hours but enjoyable with no days being the same, dangerous atmosphere with fuel products and driving conditions.
Management doesn't always communicate well
Experience in all external fields
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IANovember 12, 2017
The only good things about working at this place are the fact you get experience in other traits for a career, and that you get food and gas discounts.
Pros
experience
Cons
no break, poor management, short staffed
Beware of your every move you make at this job. Good or bad doesn’t matter. You’re being watched at the job site and at their home.
Service Writer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MONovember 6, 2017
Very Poor Management! Likes to scream at employees in front of Customers and fellow employees. Management likes to make customers feel uncomfortable. Disrespectful to his mechanics in person and in front of customers. Watches your every move on camera in his office and at home. Would never recommend this job to anyone. Beware of your every move if you plan on putting your app in.
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Percival, IAOctober 12, 2017
I loved this job. Was one of my favorites of all time. Awesome coworkers and bosses. Fast paced, energetic, fun. Amazing environment to be in with the right people.
Pros
Great pay, Fun coworkers
One of my most favorite jobs ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 27, 2017
Loved it here, the crew I was able to work with was the best! We would have plenty of fun, but when needed we buckled down, pulled together and got the job done. We all had each others backs and there was no question on loyalty or if any one of us wouldn't show up. I really do miss working there, I think had things been different I would have stayed for life.
Pros
The people I worked with and the company took care of you.
Cons
Some times the shifts could get to be long and overwhelming.
Work hard but nobody else does, constant bickering and drama, employees are beyond slow. Only a few people know what to do.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fremont, NESeptember 21, 2017
It's a very discombobulated place. Nobody on any other shift takes initiative. There are employees who don't care about anything. Everything goes empty.
Pros
Lunches, discounts, and nice management.
Cons
Short breaks, lack of educated employees, and system goes down almost every week.
Great customers, Poor retention rate
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 21, 2017
I love the customers (for the most part) and what I do, but there is so much drama that sometimes I feel like I'm back in high school. We go through staff like no other, sometimes losing 2-3 people a month and mangement is unable to hire new people to train until the workers who are left are on the edge of quitting because of the stresses of being so understaffed. Training is kind of a joke, especially on second shift because the managers leave, the shift is short staffed, and so the people on the shift are unable to fully train a new hire for 2-3 months after they are there (if they last that long).
Pros
Discount on restaurant food, discount on gas
Cons
sometimes no breaks/lunches, drama, short staffed
Ok job poor communication
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NESeptember 18, 2017
Good job easy to learn. Need more pay for the things you have to work around. Good equipments. Good advancement opportunities. Need better communication on the job.
Poor Management
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSJuly 12, 2017
Deny lunch, but force you to still clock out and work. All of management knows this is against the law, but does nothing about it, yet they close the car wash down to accommodate lunches. Pay is average, but not worth the harassment doled out by staff. Zero training which is odd for a company that's been around so long. Dirty environment but not given proper tools to clean.
Pros
Free drinks after you buy the cup
Cons
Management, Foul language/attitudes/denied lunch
Retail.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJune 6, 2017
It's alright. If you're not management they treat you like dirt under their boot. Wages low but it's retail. Benefits are lousy but again, retail. Love the customers and co-workers. Which is what keeps you there until you can't take the disrespectful drama from upstairs anymore.
Pros
Half off lunches and gas discount.
Cons
Lousy management. Low wages. Low benefits.
Alright work place with no real way to move up
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSApril 25, 2017
Low pay and rushed to do jobs always busy and hard labor the people there are not to bad to work with all are nice. If they got rid of commission pay and just paid you a decent wage hourly it would not be bad but they will not, good place to work if you'd like to loose weight in the summer.
Pros
50% off at A&W and discounted fuel
Cons
Wage, management, work environment
Its pretty fun
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAApril 16, 2017
Its fun to work there, small group of guys. All other staff are nice and easy going. Schedule is weird but mostly 8hr shifts. If you don't like people maybe nlt for you
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Lower pay
It just wasn't for me
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Percival, IAMarch 30, 2017
My days consisted of cleaning shower, cleaning the store top to bottom , and hourly bathroom cleanings. I did have a great team workers with me and probably the best manager I've ever had.
Working at Sapp Bros Service center, I was taught hands on for diesel track trailer trucks
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSMarch 25, 2017
During my Time at sapp bros service center, i was taught hands on to work with Diesel Tractor trailer Rigs. While Working i learned alot due to i had never worked on semis only automobiles and 2 stroke motors.
enjoyed some of the people i worked with
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Percival, IASeptember 20, 2015
Sapp bros. was a good place to work at. i did enjoy some of the people whom i worked with. the best part about the job was working on trucks. fixing something that is broken and making it run again
Pros
customers and seeing different styles of trucks
Cons
health and safety
I loved my job and was saddened when I had to quit to relocate with my Husband.
Bookkeeper/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEAugust 3, 2015
A typical day at work was collecting driver's paperwork so I could balance fuel gallons each morning, checking timeclock to be sure all employee's punches were correct and turning time in every 2 weeks to payroll, answering employee's questions about insurance policies/procedures, staying in close touch with my manager so I could assist him, I generated new Excel spreadsheets to help in tracking fuel and oil sales/deliveries. I learned a lot from my manager who trained me in accounting skills. I was respected in that company, and I respected my co-workers. We had fun and it always seemed to be around lunch or ice cream.
Pros
I learned alot about Excel spreadsheets, and I was able to put my troubleshooting abilities to good use every day.
Cons
not much room for advancement