Sapphire Energy is a venture capital backed company developing next generation biofuels based on recent advances in metabolic engineering. The company’s focus is the commercialization of high performance, low cost, and low carbon footprint biofuels that are direct replacements for conventional gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel.
We seek a motivated Associate Scientist to join our Evolution group in San Diego, CA.
- PhD in cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology, or related field is strongly preferred or a MS degree plus the knowledge and skills acquired through a minimum of 5 years’ relevant industry experience.
- Experience in cell culture techniques and genetic manipulation.
- Experience and training in population genetics and/or bioinformatics is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to participate in interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to fulfill certain weekend duties.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy on complex problems.
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise through scientific literature.
- Demonstrated success in research and development in collaboration with others on projects.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, execute, troubleshoot and interpret experiments.
The Associate Scientist reports to Group Leader / Staff Scientist.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, execute and interpret experiments for research programs.
- Investigate, create and develop new methods and technology for project advancement.
- Work within a team in order to achieve departmental milestones.
- May be responsible for the work of other lower level personnel.
- Responsible for accurate scientific research, documentation of results and the evaluation/analysis of data.
- Work within a matrix organization to complete projects and meet corporate goals
- Support and maintain Sapphire’s commitment to environmental stewardship, personal and process safety.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Sapphire offers very competitive compensation packages including bonuses and equity, as well as full benefit packages which include health, dental, vision insurance, 401k, and paid time off. To apply, please visit our Career Center at http://www.sapphireenergy.com/sapphire-renewable-energy/
Indeed - 13 months ago