SARA Companion Services Inc.

SARA Companion Services Inc. Employer Reviews

DISREGARD CURRENT OFFICE EMPLOYEE RATINGS
CNA (Former Employee), NYAugust 16, 2012
Pros: not too many
Cons: no benefits, no hours, no perks, same pay as everyone out there.
What do you think theyre going to say.
They are current full time company employees.
Their jobs depend on getting business.
Not CNAs and HHAs like us.
They work in the office.
Tripled there work force???.. Yeah, from 2 to 6 people.
Over 700% more business...Yeah from 2 clients to 14 in 3 years..
Why deceive people?

Lashiqua – September 14, 2012

They always try to make themselves look better and bigger than they are.

Overall a very good agency to work for
HHA (Current Employee), NYCJuly 31, 2012
Pros: good amount of work, very friendly
Cons: located in nassau county, im from bronx
I have been with the SARA for over 5 months and we have no problem at all. When my mother pass, no problem get time off and the send nice flowers. Always call with case to offer me.
Family Type Environment
Coordinator (Current Employee), Corporate HeadquartersApril 18, 2012
Pros: friendly work environment
Everyone is always willing to assist everyone else. Each department understands the value of the other departments and work hand in hand to provide the absolute best care possible for clients. Upper management has an open door policy and they are always receptive to suggestions and ideas

Lashiqua – September 17, 2012

When you work for the main office your job depends on bettering their poor image and trying to get clients. They will say and do anything to achieve that. what are they suppossed to say?? Please.

Try answering the phone
hha (Former Employee), Valley StreamMarch 26, 2012
Cons: not enough work .
Youre not the only game in town my friends.
Other companies actually have clients.

Coordinator – April 18, 2012

Our main office lines are forwarded to a client care coordinator, so even on nights or over the weekend, someone is always available to assist via the telephone.

Better companies, benefits and training elsewhere.
CNA (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYFebruary 12, 2012
Pros: not many
Cons: read review ..cheapness
As a CNA I have found that other companies offer better training, actually have hours for you and you receive benefits.
SARA DOES NOT HAVE BENEFITS.

BrianP – August 27, 2012

We have researched and offered multiple different insurance plans for our caregivers. Since NY State Insurance Laws require that more than 50% of the eligible employees enroll in the plan, and 70% rejected the plan, we are unable BY LAW to implement a benefits plan. When and if the caregivers decide by a simple majority that they would like to enroll in a group plan sponsored by SARA Companion Services, Inc, we will be more than happy to have the large group specialist come back to our conference room and set-up the plan/enrollment. We simply can not force people to opt-in, they must voluntarily come to a simple majority.

Not as professional as others
CNA (Former Employee), Valley StreamDecember 26, 2011
Pros: n/a
Cons: not enough work for us
They just seemed to needy for clients. Perhaps they dont have all that many,

Coordinator – April 18, 2012

SARA has tripled its internal workforce and the company as a whole has experienced over 700% growth in the past calendar year. While we happily welcome all new clientele, we are certainly not "needy" as you claim.

I think this company really take into consideration their employees feelings.
Coordinator (Current Employee), Valley StreamAugust 16, 2011
Pros: caring and approachable, good pay
Cons: i have to work
I think this company really take into consideration their employees feelings and their personal well being. I feel they are one of the best companies I've worked for.

Monique – December 27, 2011

They dont have benefits, dont have vacation, sick days, retirement or 401k, Most places Ive worked at offer all these benefits and other perks. NOT SARA COMPANIONS! Check around especially with LIJ/NORTH SHORE

Coordinator – April 18, 2012

They are a wonderful organization to work for. From the moment I interviewed I was treated with the highest level of respect and warmth. Anytime I have had a personal need, the company always accomodates me with time off to handle anything that may arise. A++