Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center

Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center Employer Reviews

Excellent Health Care Facility
SURGICAL SERVICES SYSTEM SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILMarch 23, 2014
Pros: feeling valued and appreciated
The best job experience I've had in my life is at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center. It is an excellent health care facility offering many services to our 7 county area.
I love my department and management, I feel secure and valued.
Works around school for the most part
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILDecember 16, 2013
Supervisors want to know how they are doing and when you tell them your opinion they don't like you anymore and make it difficult to work.
Medical Internship in Speech-Language Pathology
Graduate Intern (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILAugust 21, 2013
It was a rewarding experience as graduate internship in speech-language pathology at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center. Due to the number of staffed SLP's and variety of client base, I learned many different treatment approaches, report writing styles, and techniques for patient education. I interacted with inpatients, outpatients, family members of – more... patients, Early Intervention, and Home Health Patients. Initially, it was a challenge adjusting to having 6 supervisors. However, overall, having multiple supervisors was a great part of the internship experience. The feedback and suggestions from each supervisor helped become more educated in the field of Speech-Language Pathology. – less
learned alot of new medical information
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 12, 2013
Pros: my patients were like family to me and i treated them as such
Cons: most days no breaks, managment wasn't always there for the long term employees
doctors were easy to get along with and some loved to teach you as you were assisiting them.
Enjoyed most of my co-workers they were great to be around others always wanted to see how much trouble they could cause!
Management wasn't always there for the long term employee
sometimes made it rough on them.

Loved helping people to get back in good health – more... or to at least have a better quality of life.. – less
Flexible Hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJune 27, 2013
Great place to work while going through school. Excellent training, Benefits could be better. Hardest part of my job was having to stick newborns for stat draws.
Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN/SECRETARY (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILMay 5, 2013
I really enjoyed my time at SBLHC. The organization is great and they truly care about their patients and employees. I enjoy the fact that i get to help people everyday and make a difference in their life's.
workplace
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 2, 2012
Pros: going home
Cons: going to work
I would have to take care of more sick people nightly that I was told in orientation due to not enough staff ever. The staff was hateful and the job was never enjoyable.
I enjoyed doing the client billing.
Client Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILMay 1, 2012
When I accepted this position nothing had been done for 5 years except for printing and sending out bills and posting payments. It was a disaster. There were so many delinquent accounts and accounts with billing errors. I took on the challenge of getting these accounts back in order and getting them up to date on payments.
Clean, sterile workplace.
ER REG CLERK, MED RECEP, MED RECORDS (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILMarch 21, 2012
Pros: rewarding work
Cons: no room for error at any time.
Accuracy, dependability are a must. Once trained, not difficult. Can get hectic a lot so requires the ability to keep oneself composed.