Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center Employee Reviews

Terrible management in food service
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 1, 2018
In the food service department there are too many managers and not enough workers. Management is lazy and does not offer to help. None of the managers are properly trained to be in the position they are in. Not sure how they have worked there for so many years. Complaints made to HR are ignored and not followed through on. No accountability for their actions.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Terrible pay, poor management in food service, hard work with no help
Management needs to learn what the employees actually do.
Certified Medical Coder CPC (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILDecember 7, 2017
Management is quick to blame workers for management issues. A new computer system has pushed workers beyond their abilities with minimal help or recognition.
Poor Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILNovember 12, 2017
When you work in a health care field and are sick you should not be at work. During my time at Sarah Bush Lincoln I was really sick and even the doctors that were there said I should not be there but my supervisor would not let me leave. Finally around the time of shift change she told me to go home but then counted it against me and I got wrote up for it.
Excellent work place with great people and benefits
RN (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 13, 2017
This is a great place to work. They review our salaries every year and along with our raises we get other increases to remain competitive with other facilities. This is a clean facility with friendly staff and excellent benefits.
Pros
benefits and retirement
Cons
it is still work :)
Great Place
Surgical First Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 11, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time at the "Bush." Super friendly administration, my Boss was easy to work with, the call was always fair. Compensation was very fair.
Pros
goos learning experience
Cons
Middle of a corn field
Run far, far away from this department
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 5, 2017
Most departments within the organization seem to be fine. The one I worked in was awful. There was an atmosphere that encouraged people to stab each other in the back. Several of my coworkers experienced physical symptoms related to the anxiety of working there.
There are three supervisors and a director over the billing department. Only one of the supervisors is a decent human being. The other two are horrible people that seem to think the employees are their minions. The director has no people skills. They create fiction in their employees' personnel files to get rid of people they don't like. It is a truly horrible environment.
However, if you can get hired in a different department than the one I worked in, it can be great. They offer ample vacation time and decent benefits.
Pros
ample vacation, payroll deduct lunches
Cons
terrible management
Good Place
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed my internship at Sarah Bush Lincoln Medical Center. I worked there for 3 months 40 hours a week. They had reasonable expectations. The staff is welcoming and willing to help with any questions I had.
Secure Job
OBSTETRICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 19, 2017
If only my love of the medical field ran as deep as it does for my true passion I would have stayed in this position longer. This job was everything to me. It taught me so much about life and responsibility and it truly was a rewarding job. I loved the people I worked with and formed a family there. I think the hardest part was doing everything that the job entailed for what little pay they started me at. And by everything I mean EVERYTHING. I was as important as scrubbing in for c-section deliveries and handing off the blade to begin surgery to having a nurse demand that I take out the trash in one of her rooms when she walked right passed it with open arms. So like every job it has its ups and downs but everyone I know on this floor are lifers-- so that's something to be said. This is a 12-13 hour shift so be prepared for long hours and only a 30 minute break-- and sometimes when your the only tech and there is a delivery during your "break" you wont get one. That's the medical field for you though so you either have to be all in or get out.
teaches values
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 14, 2017
Excellent values and mission statement . Good at training, good benefits including health, life, and dental insurance as well as 401K match and paid time off.
The hospital was pretty hectic at times and then other days things could run very smoothly.
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 12, 2017
A typical day ran as this: In the morning around 4am the morning draws would start. This process could take up to 7am depending on how many draws or if the phlebotomists had any problem draws.
I learned not to get to confident in yourself.
Management seemed to have a very different outlook on things then did the actual working laymen.
The culture as a whole is either feast or famine, but I think that is the same of any hospital. There was usually always something that could be found to do though.
The hardest part of my job was all of the different personalities on a daily basis.
The most enjoyable part of my job was drawing blood, that is what drew me to Sarah Bush in the first place.
Pros
I was able to do what I liked to do and what I enjoyed.
Cons
To much diversity and not enough consistancy.
great place to work
MLT Generalist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 6, 2017
I loved my job at Sarah Bush. My coworkers were professional and worked well together. I only left because of the drive, and I couldn't relocate closer.
Great enviroment
Surgery Suite Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 4, 2017
It was a great hospital that really cared for the employee. Patient centered. Working in a specific physicians office did drain a person, because staff became very clickish.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits
Cons
very clickish
Reimbursement Associate (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, IL 61938February 3, 2017
Enjoyed working at Sarah Bush LIncoln, most of my coworkers were great to work with. Enjoyed helping people solve their insurance problems. It is a good place to work.
Pros
good pay, good company
Cons
some back stabbing in depts.
Friendly Environment
Graduate Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 21, 2016
Many personable and easy to get along with people work there and patient care was always a priority. It is truly a top-notch organization to be affiliated with.
Typical Health Not-for-Profit Structure
Adult Daycare Health Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 10, 2016
Many fields and cultures of departments working well together with great daily Town Hall communication aspect along with good in house hierarchy of job advancement.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Eliteness
Productive/stern workplace
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 29, 2015
Productive/stern workplace. Your experience will be based on your specific job function, environment and manager. I worked in the ER. It was hectic, stressful and the doctors are stuck up, mostly.
Pros
Insurance package.
Cons
Pay.
Same as Crossroads Cancer Center
Director of Radiation Oncology (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 15, 2015
It was the same group I worked for. Just starting out my senior coworker would go out of his way to review cases with with me and help my study for the board exam (which I passed).
Pros
Great Palce to Work
Cons
Long Hours
Care Partner
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILAugust 23, 2015
Each day at Sarah Bush was different. But I truly enjoyed helping those that needed and wanted my help no matter how big or small the problem was. I always put my patient's first and held up the mission and values of the hospital.
Great people interaction and great culture
Clinic Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the public, doctors and other personnel. Loved knowing my list of responsibilities, my start and end time and the details of my position. Co-workers were amazing as well as other staff members. A lot of nights I would work past my scheduled time off so finish a task so I could start fresh the next morning. Wish I would've stayed longer at this position but due to health complications at that time I was not able to. Really learned a lot and caught on quickly to their software and requirements.
Pros
Knew expectations, responsibilities and schedule. Interaction with several individuals
Cons
Had to leave too early due to health complications
X
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 30, 2014
I worked there 10 years ago, I'm sure things aren't the same.