Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center Employee Reviews

Typical Health Not-for-Profit Structure
Adult Daycare Health Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 10, 2016
Many fields and cultures of departments working well together with great daily Town Hall communication aspect along with good in house hierarchy of job advancement.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Eliteness
Same as Crossroads Cancer Center
Director of Radiation Oncology (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 15, 2015
It was the same group I worked for. Just starting out my senior coworker would go out of his way to review cases with with me and help my study for the board exam (which I passed).
Pros
Great Palce to Work
Cons
Long Hours
Great people interaction and great culture
Clinic Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the public, doctors and other personnel. Loved knowing my list of responsibilities, my start and end time and the details of my position. Co-workers were amazing as well as other staff members. A lot of nights I would work past my scheduled time off so finish a task so I could start fresh the next morning. Wish I would've stayed longer at this position but due to health complications at that time I was not able to. Really learned a lot and caught on quickly to their software and requirements.
Pros
Knew expectations, responsibilities and schedule. Interaction with several individuals
Cons
Had to leave too early due to health complications
learned alot of new medical information
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 12, 2013
doctors were easy to get along with and some loved to teach you as you were assisiting them.
Enjoyed most of my co-workers they were great to be around others always wanted to see how much trouble they could cause!
Management wasn't always there for the long term employee
sometimes made it rough on them.

Loved helping people to get back in good health or to at least have a better quality of life..
Pros
my patients were like family to me and i treated them as such
Cons
most days no breaks, managment wasn't always there for the long term employees
Productive/stern workplace
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 29, 2015
Productive/stern workplace. Your experience will be based on your specific job function, environment and manager. I worked in the ER. It was hectic, stressful and the doctors are stuck up, mostly.
Pros
Insurance package.
Cons
Pay.
Excellent Health Care Facility
SURGICAL SERVICES SYSTEM SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 23, 2014
The best job experience I've had in my life is at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center. It is an excellent health care facility offering many services to our 7 county area.
I love my department and management, I feel secure and valued.
Pros
Feeling valued and appreciated
Care Partner
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILAugust 23, 2015
Each day at Sarah Bush was different. But I truly enjoyed helping those that needed and wanted my help no matter how big or small the problem was. I always put my patient's first and held up the mission and values of the hospital.
Medical Internship in Speech-Language Pathology
Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 21, 2013
It was a rewarding experience as graduate internship in speech-language pathology at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center. Due to the number of staffed SLP's and variety of client base, I learned many different treatment approaches, report writing styles, and techniques for patient education. I interacted with inpatients, outpatients, family members of patients, Early Intervention, and Home Health Patients. Initially, it was a challenge adjusting to having 6 supervisors. However, overall, having multiple supervisors was a great part of the internship experience. The feedback and suggestions from each supervisor helped become more educated in the field of Speech-Language Pathology.
Flexible Hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 27, 2013
Great place to work while going through school. Excellent training, Benefits could be better. Hardest part of my job was having to stick newborns for stat draws.
I enjoyed doing the client billing.
Client Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 1, 2012
When I accepted this position nothing had been done for 5 years except for printing and sending out bills and posting payments. It was a disaster. There were so many delinquent accounts and accounts with billing errors. I took on the challenge of getting these accounts back in order and getting them up to date on payments.
Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN/SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 5, 2013
I really enjoyed my time at SBLHC. The organization is great and they truly care about their patients and employees. I enjoy the fact that i get to help people everyday and make a difference in their life's.
Productive and exciting environment to work in.
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 6, 2014
Is a fast paced environment, but also a great learning environment. There is always encouragement to learn and grow as a team and as an individual within your own position. Managment is down to earth, intelligent and encouraging individuals.
Clean, sterile workplace.
ER REG CLERK, MED RECEP, MED RECORDS (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 21, 2012
Accuracy, dependability are a must. Once trained, not difficult. Can get hectic a lot so requires the ability to keep oneself composed.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
no room for error at any time.
workplace
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 2, 2012
I would have to take care of more sick people nightly that I was told in orientation due to not enough staff ever. The staff was hateful and the job was never enjoyable.
Pros
going home
Cons
going to work
Works around school for the most part
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILDecember 16, 2013
Supervisors want to know how they are doing and when you tell them your opinion they don't like you anymore and make it difficult to work.
X
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 30, 2014
I worked there 10 years ago, I'm sure things aren't the same.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center Reviews by Location