Sarasota Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

fast pace job
PHLEBOTOMIST TECH 1 (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day of work would be either being on the floor and drawing blood from patients, or in the lab receiving specimens and processing them. It is a very very fast pace job' especially during season and not easy to get sed to at first! ive learned a great deal, from patient care, to learning something new in the health system. I would say the hardest part of the job is exposing yourself to cdiff, mrsa, etc. (of course we take precautions.) i love it here, Im just looking for a new job because i need the benefits and its taken years and still nothing so im thinking of somewhere new...
Pros
a great way to gain experience
Cons
takes way too long to get benefits
Nice place to get experience!
Phlebotomist Tech III (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Nice place, very good co-workers, good managers. Good opportunity for someone with no experience, they are very helpful with new employees. Do your work and you are in peace.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Lot's of stress
Overall great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Overall I'd say its a great place to work and I love it. Great culture of care and benefits. I work on a great unit with awesome support and management. This year though, the hospital as a whole did a lot of hiring for the busy season and now some of us are actually losing hours, as opposed to last year when we were all picking up some great over time. They will hopefully see the unrest and frustration in their full time employees though and make some changes soon.
Great Place to work
Certified Registered Nurse Infusionist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 27, 2017
I do not have anything bad to say! Management is great, coworkers are team players. Benefits are exceptional. It is a great place to work.The hardest part is the politics that come with a hospital environment and the long days.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Working at Sarasota memorial hospital was a great work enviornment. The co workers were great. It also showed me that the medical field was for me
Great learning experience
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Great learning experience with great leadership.

Compiled, processed and maintained medical records in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system
Reviewed records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations
Maintained and operated a variety of health record indexes and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store and analyze information
Good
Radiologic Technologist PRN ARRT Certified (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 22, 2017
It was a good company to work for. Sufficient training, supportive management. Great co-workers. Pay was comparable with other RT jobs in the area.
Pros
flexible
Cons
It's busy, rarely any down time
amazing hospital!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 17, 2017
normal day was morning rounds and drawing blood threw the day, staying in a certain section of hospital watching that area for the day. most enjoyed part was there food they have 2 cafes and the best hospital food ive ever seen!
Pros
amazing cafe
Cons
staying on your feet all day, cant go back to lab had to stand all day.
Great Hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Good hospital to work for, but it is rare to be hired for anything but prn positions. Good luck on benefits, but the pay compensates for it.
Overrated
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Urgent CareJanuary 7, 2017
I found jealous workers, gossip, employees not wanting to work as a team and ineffective management. What was even worse, nurses talking about a patients medical issues in the exam room to other employees which is against HIPPA. Several employees holding the bathroom door handle so another employee could not get out of the bathroom. A kindergarten environment instead of a professional environment. Communication is extremely poor among management. Work 12 hour days with no breaks not even to eat.
Training poor, went from 6 days to 4 days and cram everything and expect employees to know everything the first day on the job.
Pros
one free lunch
Cons
over rated employer, see above
Employees are great, upper management is not
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 22, 2016
I love the people I work with, but the management at the director level and up leaves much to be desired. They are very deceitful and play favorites, at least on the unit where I work. I have worked on other units where it was not so bad, but the favoritism seems to be everywhere.
Pros
great benefits, great people to work with
Cons
Poor upper leadership, need to focus more on patient care and the people who provide it
Very good place to work
Patient Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 21, 2016
I liked it a lot. This hospital is a very nice place to work at. I would highly recommend that anyone should apply here. Good coworkers, good boss, flexible scheduling.
Pros
fun
Cons
not not-fun
Great Compeny
Medical Assistant- Psychiatric Safety Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 15, 2016
Great place to work. Good culture. Decent Pay. Room for advancement. Good Management. Diverse work group. Good hospital!!
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Private pay is better than at the hospital for may positions
ok place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 10, 2016
people you work with are great..... Management is more about numbers than caring for patients. Breaks are bare minimum. You are lucky if you get to eat after being there 8 hours
Pros
co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Busy and fun workplace
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 14, 2016
I have never had a more fun job than working in the emergency room at sarasota memorial. We work hard, and never really have a quiet day, but the teamwork is phenomenal and we have a great team.
RN Surgical Services
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 14, 2016
Surgical Services is a difficult discipline to learn and takes many years to perfect. In the beginning, it was a tad difficult to "fit in." Some employees were territorial and no very accepting of a new employee. If one preserves, it turned into one of the greatest accomplishments of my career.
Pros
The diversity of all the different specialities.
Cons
Sometimes had to finish caseload much later than expected.
customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  saraotaNovember 2, 2016
Great facility great faculty between the on hands staff & mangers this company excels at customer service how ever without educationa & certification in medical it is really hard to expand & grow into a life long career
Pros
exellent customer service
Cons
must have certvaction & degree in medical
Productive and laid back employer
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 31, 2016
The people I worked with were some of the hardest working people in my working history that I've had the pleasure of meeting. Great group of people to work with through the stress of hospital work.
Sarasota - Patient Reg. Rep (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 24, 2016
once you're offered benefits, you're pretty much set.
They are very flexible with scheduling and everything is done by the books.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
Great facility to work and advance in.
Respiratory Unit Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 16, 2016
Family oriented facility, with a group of team players. Working on Medicare/Medicaid, Plastic Surgery, Med. Surg., TBI's, Trachs, Vents, Peg tubes ,IV's, PT/INR draws. The hardest part of my job is when a patient passes away and the best part is when my vent patient patients are able to go home without a vent, trach or peg tube and knowing that i was a part of a team that helped get them to that point.
Pros
independent working and problem solving fostered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sarasota Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location