Sarasota Memorial Hospital

Sarasota Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Extremely talented co-workers
Unit Secretary/PCA (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 25, 2014
Pros: 3 day work week
Cons: sad when the day did not go well with what were were hoping for in outcome
Answer phones directing them to the best individuals to answer the calls. Helping doctors locate much needed documents. Being able to multitask with answering phones, intercom, doctors request for labs or missing records and answer worried patients family members questions was always a challenge but felt great at the end of the day when everyone involved – more... gave cudos to eachother for a job well done – less
work was intrusting
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Sarasota, FL 3437August 11, 2014
Pros: i hated working 12 hr shifts
Cons: no
I was a CNA on a Telly floor i did patient care work as a CNA that it
Relaxed, office environment with productive processes in place.
Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2014
Well respected professionals call Sarasota Memorial their workplace. Everyone treats everyone with the utmost respect and helps each other out the best they can.
Great working conditions
Sonographer (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 10, 2014
A variety of General Ultrasound exams are performed daily. The technologists are fun and helpful.
Pedal to the Metal
Interventional Radiology RN (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: awesome physicians
Cons: rarely do you get breaks, eat standing at the door of the procedure room and rarely a break to relieve yourself
Extremely disorganized, poor management, but if you can work around that.... the co-workers for 65% of the time are very professional and helpful. Our Physicians are the greatest and I love working with them!
Recently hired too many unskilled workers so as for that, much to much talk goes along with workers who feel insecure! Environment is much to – more... busy for appropriately training staff. No education or competencies are required for any RN or Tech?? Concerning at best, and it has been verbalized many times by the staff members.

The worst part of the position is dealing with Managers who have been there 30+ years and are extremely controlling, disrespectful, and sometimes just degrading!
The best part of the job is working with 3 awesome Interventional Radiologist who know what they are doing, are on a first name basis with you and respect you and your opinions.
The CEO resigned and I believe that as new blood is brought into the facility things can work their way up.
Typical working days start at 6am and end around 7:30pm. Our call teams work one week on... and 6 weeks off, We all love that.
If you are very experienced and have a strong backbone, you can survive the working conditions. – less
great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 10, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: n/a
I went to radiology school at Sarasota Memorial Hospital and worked there until 1974 when I moved back to Boston and in 1989 moved back to Sarasota and was employed there again
Role as Invasive Cardiology Nurse
Invasive Cardiology Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: enjoyable position
Cons: extensive call time
Worked as staff nurse in invasive cardiology (cardiac cath lab). This was a challenging position I was in before the birth of my child. I left when I became pregnant for the safety of the child.
enviromental aide
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 1, 2014
I like this job because everything seem to be in order all the time. I learned that accuracy is very important. The coworkers there were very down to earth people. The hardest part about the job was dealing with some of the bosses. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people everyday.
Horrible Management/ No team work
Phelebotomist/ CNA (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: saying you work for sarasota memorial
Cons: bad team work, negative coworkers, bad management, favor ism
A typical work day consists of drawing am labs, after run you ether are assigned to a section of the hospital or you are working receiving specimens in the lab. I really enjoyed my job and was very good at it. I liked that everyday was a new experience , unfortunately lack of team work and very very bad management as well as starting at 5am and not – more... getting a break sometimes until 10:30 or 11am made me decide to look elsewhere. – less
A well run hospital where employees matter!
Director, Medical Staff Services (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 11, 2014
Quality and Customer Service are key components to making this hospital so successful. Employees are encouraged to be involved in decisionmaking in most all aspects of the hospital.
Many employees have been there for decades as the atmosphere is good, the benefits are good and the buildings and campus are well maintained and comfortable. It's a GREAT – more... PLACE to work! – less
Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Environmental Aide 1 (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: hospital was a good place to work
Cons: was only a prn job
I cleaned and sanitized discharge rooms, cleaned nurses stations, made hospital beds, worked cleaning the emergency room and restocked supplies.

I enjoyed working there. The people were very nice to work with. My coworkers, worked very hard,
Great Place if you love helping others and like working in a fast pace enviroment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: i always worked with great cna
Cons: patient load
Very busy long days at work. I learned a lot when i worked at the hospital. The management usually stayed on top of things. Most co- workers were helpful. The hardest part about the job was the patient load. The most enjoyable part about this job was that i met a lot of people. i loved working on my floor even though it was it challenging. i also enjoyed – more... learning new things about healthcare. – less
Productive work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: management
Challenging
Positive environment
ability to work independently
flexible shifts
Productive,Educational
Registered Nurse, ICU (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 3, 2014
A typical day at work included getting report on my patients for my shift, then completing my duties required throughout my 12hr shift. This was my first job as a nurse, it was hard to start out in the ICU, but I would never change it. My coworkers for the most part were helpful, some looked down on me for being a new grad. The manager was not the best – more... I have ever had. The hardest part of my job was gaining the respect of my coworkers and gaining their confidence. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I made it to the ICU as a new grad. – less
enjoyed working there
Med tech II (Former Employee), Sarasota,FloridaOctober 22, 2013
Pros: utilize my micro skills
able to utilize my microbiology skills including routine micro,virology,mycology,afb,and QC. Also taught MT students
Nice hospital to work for
LPN II (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: magnet hospital
Cons: very large hospital.
Entire staff is helpful, and work as a team. Advancement is encouraged and easily attainable.
if opportunity allows, i would return as a traveler or work prn
Vascular, urology, ENT, OB/GYN (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: great location to work
Cons: "lounge lizards" lacking in being a the patient advocate
Case loads were productive
Travelers were well recieved and appreciated by the doctors and some staff
Enjoyed interacting with the doctors during the cases
Overall not happy with the atmosphere
Private (Former Employee), sarasota,flAugust 30, 2013
Private.Overall not happy with the atmosphere at this hospital. Too much drama/politics.
Wonderful work place
PATIENT RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 10, 2013
I had a great time working for Sarasota Memorial Hospital/First Physicians Group.
Awesome place to work.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 31, 2013
Great place to work and do great work!

Provide high-level administrative support to the Director, Patient Financial Services, Executive Director, Revenue Cycle, department Managers, along with 60+ employees.

1 2 3