Sarasota Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Smh review
Board Member (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 12, 2017
Excellent Hospital. Extremely well ran and superior patient care. Top-ranked in the nation on multiple levels of care. Magnet nursing hospital. Highly recommended place for employment and patient care.
not bad
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 5, 2017
I work or the nursing home. overall not a bad place to work. could improve in some areas. plenty of hours to pick up. good overall environment. 8 hour shifts
Nice place to work
Patient Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota FloridaJune 18, 2017
Over all loved working there and would recommend to others. Hard time with breaks, but overall good place to be employed. Not sure what else your like me to say.. I enjoyed my job.
Cons
Hard to get lunch breaks
Excellent Internship Experience!
Cardio-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Internship (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 4, 2017
At SMH as an intern I gained the experience I needed to successfully continue my career as an Exercise Physiologist in the department of Cardiac Rehab.
it has its good points
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 18, 2017
the people are the reason to work there. some long time management need to be replaced. New management brings hope. competitive pay with good benefits
SMH is not what it seems. Great hospital, but not great to staff
RN ICU (Current Employee) –  Sarasota County, FLMay 11, 2017
SMH has earned great awards, and has strong nurses to earn this reputation. HR only supports management, not the regular staff. Very much a good-old-boy mentality in promoting staff. Promotions run rampant with favoritism, and there is a serious age discrimination with older staff.

Young RNs are favored here, and certain departments are run in a young, sorority favoritism spirit. I'm disappointed that there is no fair play and professional courtesy, despite the false reputation as such. Management & HR need to be seriously reviewed and swept clean in order to bring back a supportive, honest, warm culture that supports great nursing, not just the flavor of the month.

Salary for RNs are lower than the going rate. Very disappointing.
Great work place
Patient Care Transporter (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 28, 2017
Great working place I meet a lot good people by working in different areas of the hospital. Helping patient get ready for testing or surgeries or when their going home
Pros
the food different people
Cons
a lot walking
summary
Tele Rn (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 21, 2017
Recommends
Positive Outlook
I worked at Methodist Hospital full-time (More than a year)
Pros
Very comprehensive benefits, flexible hours and very nice people
Cons
Open 24 hours a day, so you might work night shift
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work!
opportunity for advancement
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 18, 2017
able to purse other educational opportunities;develop friendships;adequate salary and benefits, room for grow in career ladder and educational opportunities presented
Reviewed
Staff Registered Nurse, Cardiovascular Thoracic (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 3, 2017
Sarasota Memorial Hospital is one of the best places Ive ever worked as an RN. It fosters teamwork. Resources are always available, Scheduling was always flexible.
Pros
Coworkers and location
Cons
Pay
ggreat job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 24, 2017
Great place to work, provides lots of education, support, and good management team. Currently work in the ER which can be stressful, lots of support from co-workers.
Pros
great support
Cons
no lunch breaks
Love them
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 16, 2017
This was an amazing company to work for. Great staff, the management was great, team work was amazing. They also made it very easy to obtain help and information about furthering your education.
Being a hospital, it was a very fast paced career.
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 14, 2017
In my position here I had many people above me and it made it a hectic work invironment. As to be expected in a Hospital. They pay was okay and the benefits were average.
Room for advancement
Multi Skilled Tech (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 14, 2017
I loved working for SMH, at times the work was stressfull, but we worked as a team. They will help advance your career if you plan on continue your education.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
short breaks, even if your were able to get a break
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 13, 2017
Flexible hours and varying shifts.
Positive workplace culture and environment.
Organized management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with new people and the flexibility of work hours/shifts.
Pros
Hours/Shifts
excellent place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 8, 2017
Although the Laboratory Management Team changed while I was employed, the changes were for the best. This company provides job advancement and opportunities for its employees.
Pros
excellent benefits and job culture
Cons
5 year management turnover rate
N/a
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Good place, high cost of living. Good docs...beaches are close...people are ok...one of the few teaching magnet hospital in the country....have a good time
fast pace job
PHLEBOTOMIST TECH 1 (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day of work would be either being on the floor and drawing blood from patients, or in the lab receiving specimens and processing them. It is a very very fast pace job' especially during season and not easy to get sed to at first! ive learned a great deal, from patient care, to learning something new in the health system. I would say the hardest part of the job is exposing yourself to cdiff, mrsa, etc. (of course we take precautions.) i love it here, Im just looking for a new job because i need the benefits and its taken years and still nothing so im thinking of somewhere new...
Pros
a great way to gain experience
Cons
takes way too long to get benefits
Nice place to get experience!
Phlebotomist Tech III (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Nice place, very good co-workers, good managers. Good opportunity for someone with no experience, they are very helpful with new employees. Do your work and you are in peace.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Lot's of stress
Overall great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Overall I'd say its a great place to work and I love it. Great culture of care and benefits. I work on a great unit with awesome support and management. This year though, the hospital as a whole did a lot of hiring for the busy season and now some of us are actually losing hours, as opposed to last year when we were all picking up some great over time. They will hopefully see the unrest and frustration in their full time employees though and make some changes soon.