Sarasota Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Good hospital to work for, but it is rare to be hired for anything but prn positions. Good luck on benefits, but the pay compensates for it.
Overrated
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Urgent CareJanuary 7, 2017
I found jealous workers, gossip, employees not wanting to work as a team and ineffective management. What was even worse, nurses talking about a patients medical issues in the exam room to other employees which is against HIPPA. Several employees holding the bathroom door handle so another employee could not get out of the bathroom. A kindergarten environment instead of a professional environment. Communication is extremely poor among management. Work 12 hour days with no breaks not even to eat.
Training poor, went from 6 days to 4 days and cram everything and expect employees to know everything the first day on the job.
Pros
one free lunch
Cons
over rated employer, see above
Employees are great, upper management is not
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 22, 2016
I love the people I work with, but the management at the director level and up leaves much to be desired. They are very deceitful and play favorites, at least on the unit where I work. I have worked on other units where it was not so bad, but the favoritism seems to be everywhere.
Pros
great benefits, great people to work with
Cons
Poor upper leadership, need to focus more on patient care and the people who provide it
Very good place to work
Patient Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 21, 2016
I liked it a lot. This hospital is a very nice place to work at. I would highly recommend that anyone should apply here. Good coworkers, good boss, flexible scheduling.
Pros
fun
Cons
not not-fun
Great Compeny
Medical Assistant- Psychiatric Safety Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 15, 2016
Great place to work. Good culture. Decent Pay. Room for advancement. Good Management. Diverse work group. Good hospital!!
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Private pay is better than at the hospital for may positions
ok place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 10, 2016
people you work with are great..... Management is more about numbers than caring for patients. Breaks are bare minimum. You are lucky if you get to eat after being there 8 hours
Pros
co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Busy and fun workplace
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 14, 2016
I have never had a more fun job than working in the emergency room at sarasota memorial. We work hard, and never really have a quiet day, but the teamwork is phenomenal and we have a great team.
RN Surgical Services
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 14, 2016
Surgical Services is a difficult discipline to learn and takes many years to perfect. In the beginning, it was a tad difficult to "fit in." Some employees were territorial and no very accepting of a new employee. If one preserves, it turned into one of the greatest accomplishments of my career.
Pros
The diversity of all the different specialities.
Cons
Sometimes had to finish caseload much later than expected.
customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  saraotaNovember 2, 2016
Great facility great faculty between the on hands staff & mangers this company excels at customer service how ever without educationa & certification in medical it is really hard to expand & grow into a life long career
Pros
exellent customer service
Cons
must have certvaction & degree in medical
Productive and laid back employer
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 31, 2016
The people I worked with were some of the hardest working people in my working history that I've had the pleasure of meeting. Great group of people to work with through the stress of hospital work.
Sarasota - Patient Reg. Rep (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 24, 2016
once you're offered benefits, you're pretty much set.
They are very flexible with scheduling and everything is done by the books.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
Great facility to work and advance in.
Respiratory Unit Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 16, 2016
Family oriented facility, with a group of team players. Working on Medicare/Medicaid, Plastic Surgery, Med. Surg., TBI's, Trachs, Vents, Peg tubes ,IV's, PT/INR draws. The hardest part of my job is when a patient passes away and the best part is when my vent patient patients are able to go home without a vent, trach or peg tube and knowing that i was a part of a team that helped get them to that point.
Pros
independent working and problem solving fostered
Very productive work ethics
Registered Nurse, Emergency Room Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 3, 2016
I always enjoyed being part of the team at this institute. There was always a team plan and everyone always worked together to get the job done.
Pros
TEAM PLAYERS
Cons
HIGH ACUITY PATIENTS
Can be a fun place to work
Psych tech (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Could be a very good learning experience for someone that wants to be in health care fund helping others but management it's not fair to workers not honest when things are done there's no warning it's just done that's not good half the time I don't think you see you know what's going on
Pros
Good lunches
Cons
Get brakes
fun dun
Patient Registration (per diem (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 12, 2016
I really don't feel like explain myself just try and do it own your own your would like it and I think this over view is dumb I dint have time for that. but your may love the place
Its a job
Central Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 6, 2016
unless you a trained professional in the medical field, you are looked down upon but others. Support staff in this hospital is not appreciated by Doctors or nurses.
I love working here
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 4, 2016
I started as a graduate nurse here and I absolutely love it. I feel my needs are met as a nurse and they truly care about the well-being of the staff members here.
Pros
patient-nurse ratios
Cons
cafeteria food
Sarasota Memorial
Patient Safety Attendant (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 14, 2016
Sarasota Memorial is a nice place to work. Management works with you and your schedule and everyone comes ready to work hard for the patients.
Good place for learning above CNA position.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 18, 2016
Nice and good place for work, good coworkers, excellent costumer serves, good lunch and cafeteria, l learning to much in this hospital above CNA.
Pros
Good insurance
Productive and fun place to work
outpatient service Rep (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 8, 2016
Sarasota Memorial Pain Care Center is a very interesting and fun place to work. It is a fast paced environment which includes the use of multi system productivity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sarasota Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location