Sarasota Memorial Hospital

Sarasota Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

greta place to work
pct cna (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 10, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: expensive the food
Busy all the time but my co workers are great , team players always willing to help. The doors of the managers always open when you need
Great place to work. Team work
Floor manager, Sharon Hamilton (Former Employee), float poolJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: none
Charge nurses very helpful. Team work among staff. Hardest part long hours but typical for nursing. Best part Nurse / Patient ratio and very qualified nurses assistance on every floor.
Favorite job ever
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 2, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Sarasota Memorial Hospital. All of the staff had such a positive attitude. A typical work day started collecting supplies, being assigned to a section, and figuring out which patients were nurse or lab draws. It was very easy to follow the standards and guidelines they enforced. The only reason I don't currently work there is because I was hired for a seasonal position. It has been my favorite job so far and would go back if given the opportunity.
Typical
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 21, 2015
A good place to gain experience- dont stay too long- they wont like you to increase your education. Stay away if you want to gain more education
Productive and fun place to work
ER Tech (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Education reimbursement
Cons: 12 hrs shift
I worked in the emergency room and it is always busy from the time the 12 hrs shift started.learned a lot and hope to be given the opportunity to work ER again absolutely loved it.
decent place to work
cart tech (Current Employee), Sarasota Memorial HospitalMarch 9, 2015
I have no complaints. I come in do my work and go home. Management leaves me alone to do my work in peace so I'm happy. Wish they paid me more, that's pretty much my only beef.
Overwhelming job
RN (Current Employee), SRQFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: pay is good for fl, lower than tampa area though, 1 day paid time off a month
Cons: won't match your 401b contribution unless you stay 5 years, rns and pcts have too many patients
I'm an RN and I think we have too many patients. I take a 20 minute lunch break at about 3 PM, when I'm lucky. Otherwise I starve. When I have a lazy PCT, I get out of work a half hour late.

My typical day starts when I arrive 1/2 hour early to wade through the terrible electronic medical record to try to figure out what I need to do today (unpaid, they won't pay us to come in early, but it's impossible to do the job without this heads-up). Then they regularly change a patient when my shift starts, so I end up behind right away (didn't look that one up). Then I see the patients, and go on the Great Med Hunt because the machines are empty, or the patient is on something weird that we don't have stocked. Don't get me started on the docs, they're nasty. Thankfully, their PA's and NP's are usually nice.

Once I get some experience, I'm moving back up north to a UNIONIZED hospital. We are overworked here. I'll have to pay $5,000 for breaking the contract, though. They enslave RNs to contracts, that's the only way they can hang onto them.
Good company
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoyed my tenure at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. I worked there for 17 years and met a lot of people. It was a good experience.
Great Hospital
RN (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: happy place, nice location, beaches
Cons: high census, lots of elderly
Nice hospital, friendly staff, managers actually help out when needed and concern is shown for employees and patients. people smile.
like the job just needing something closer to home
MST/CNA/HUC II/CMT (Current Employee), FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: gained skills
Cons: diving hour and half to work
great place to work. exceptional staff to work with. gained skills in taking care of CVICU/ICU/NPCU pt's. Very busy and fast paced with the ability to juggle desk work as well as patient care duties. IE: bathing, monitoring pt heart rhythm.
I really enjoyed this job
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), 1700 South TrailJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: everything
This was A wonderful experience for me I am very upset with myself for not keeping this one.
I worked in patient registration and the biggest problem is management .
Patient registration dept (Former Employee), SarasotaDecember 7, 2014
Pros: pretty good pay
Cons: poor management and favoritism.
working conditions are extremely stressful. The main focus is on collecting money not cultivating patient satisfaction. The issue is bad management and misdirected priorities. A new management team could breathe some new life into the pat reg dept. I would stay away from here!!
Sarasota Memorial Hospital great place to work. Supportive staff
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLDecember 3, 2014
Pros: can advance
Cons: low pay
My typical day at work is reviewing Observation patients and determining if they can meet inpatient status, then notifying Physicians that their patient meets inpatient status. I will then review patient flags for core measeures and apply banners if applicable. Then I will review all patients and determine if they still meet criteria for continued stay based on Milliman or Inter-Qual. I will speak with Social Worker and or Care Coordinator and discuss patients ongoing issues, placement issues and or difficult placement.
Hospital was very fair to the employees
Patient Registration/Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLNovember 24, 2014
I enjoyed my years at the hospital. Seeing and helping patients is so rewarding.
Patient care tech
Cna- mst (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 12, 2014
Pros: food at cafeteria
Cons: short breaks, 12hr, only 2cnas per unit
Great place to work if your a nurse who's making the big bucks and they don't do as much as we do which sucks we should get the bucks not them, we as CNAS have to do all of the things we get like 15 patients they get like 6. How awful this hospital is not for CNAS 12 hr shift is not okay for CNAS you will kill your self. # only 30 min break, you don't get help, only 2 CNAS PER DAY! This is impossible to do both units when other cna is on break! #awful
SMH is a big friendly bunch
Patient registration representative (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 2, 2014
As in every workplace there are pros and cons. Pros are SMH will genuinely look like they are happy to gain you as an employee, training is extensive and hands on. ER, where I am at, can be at times overwhelming, but you are independent in sense you work on your own and can set your own priorities. Cons is you are being micro managed. Even though you are on your own, the little constant no's to every way you look are unbearable. When at work I want to be treated like a responsible adult and it feels like I'm seen as a child.

The team is great, everyone friendly and helpful. I've definitely learned the importance of a team and importance of communication within it. There are possibilities to advance but not a whole lot within the department I'm in.Therefore, its probably best for someone who's not looking for far reaching advancement. Team lead is probably the end of line. Which is not a whole lot higher in pay.

Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing someone in distress smile because you've been there for them to make them feel at ease.
Productive work place
Health Unit Coordinator / Psych Tech / C N A (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: loved helping patients
Cons: short breaks, management
Nice company to work for, no much advancement, needs better management.
Extremely talented co-workers
Unit Secretary/PCA (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 25, 2014
Pros: 3 day work week
Cons: sad when the day did not go well with what were were hoping for in outcome
Answer phones directing them to the best individuals to answer the calls. Helping doctors locate much needed documents. Being able to multitask with answering phones, intercom, doctors request for labs or missing records and answer worried patients family members questions was always a challenge but felt great at the end of the day when everyone involved gave cudos to eachother for a job well done
work was intrusting
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Sarasota, FL 3437August 11, 2014
Pros: i hated working 12 hr shifts
Cons: no
I was a CNA on a Telly floor i did patient care work as a CNA that it
Relaxed, office environment with productive processes in place.
Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2014
Well respected professionals call Sarasota Memorial their workplace. Everyone treats everyone with the utmost respect and helps each other out the best they can.

1 2 3 4