Sarasota Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Public Safety Officer
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 24, 2016
This is NOT a security job. Hospital Police Force ! Taser certification, firearms training. Hands on physically restraining aggressive individuals. Work hand in hand with Medical Staff and Law Enforcement. However, pay does not reflect responsibilities or hazards.
Pros
PTO, Training with Law Enforcement
Cons
Low pay, no respect, promised pay increase rescinded
lacks ability to adapt to changing landscape
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 7, 2016
Worked for outpatient services. Patients are "snow birds" from up north. Demanding and inpatient. Overall culture is damp and stagnant. Hospital needs younger and more visionary leadership.
Pros
location
Cons
HCA and UHS (for profits) eating their lunch.
Exemplary work place, knowledgeable & proactive environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 24, 2015
We self schedule our hours, we self schedule our patients, we move swiftly with good productivity (103%), we learn and share new information daily during lunch breaks, management is very supportive, co-workers are professional and caring, the hardest part of the job is seeing a patient decline, the most enjoyable part of the day is seeing a patient progress home .
Pros
flexible hours, self scheduling, excellent benefits including PTO (paid time off)
Cons
chart reviews, inability to meet plan of care at times (missed visits)
Amazing Team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 25, 2016
Awesome group of people to work with. Also, a lot of resources available that make you job easier. Enjoying my time there.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Only 12 hour shifts for nurses
Great coworkers there all family.
patient registration (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 29, 2015
It was so much fun working in the ER department, I got along great with every single coworker there. The hardest part of the job there was trying to collect copays, deposits etc.
Pros
Overtime was allowed.
Cons
Short breaks.
I like working there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 12, 2015
I love the people i work with it is a great place to work. The hardest part of my job is I work nights and it seems like patients get more confused at night. So with confused patients its hard to get them to understand where they are and why.
Trauma Center and ER work, very fast paced and great
Paramedic/Multi Skilled Technician/Trauma Team (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 12, 2015
My favorite job of all time. I loved my peers and management. I always felt valued as an employee and my opinions always mattered. I loved the Trauma Center experience and valued what each Dr brought to the table.
More than ten years ago and is probably no longer relevant
PEDIATRIC NURSE (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 14, 2015
I was an LPNII This was my first nursing position. I learned a great deal from my internship and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was learning on the job (at times). The best part of my job was seeing the children get better and be able to go home.
Pros
ability to advance my career
Fast Paced
LPN II (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 24, 2016
Great learning experience, Observation Unit is very fast paced. High turn over of patients. Great team work. Low patient to nurse ratio.
not the picture the painted as far as job culture goes
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 19, 2015
great place to work if you are a nurse or above. Otherwise the culture stinks and people are regarded as replaceable. dis not feel as if i was ever doing enough in the eyes of management.
Pros
pto time
Cons
management
Great place to work!
Registered Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Very fun hospital, employees are great, and management very good. This was a great place to gain experience in the anesthesia department pharmacy.
Pros
Great co-workers, fun environment, motivating management
Stayed busy
Transpoter (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FlSeptember 30, 2015
Transported ill patients throughout the hospital. Assisted lost guest with directions. Safely moved patients from stretchers to tables and beds.
Pros
Stayed busy
Cons
full time benefits were not given until 6 months
productive work environment
Full time (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 6, 2015
Nice overall environment to work in very high paced and all work material available when needed. Team based atmosphere with friendly staff and management.
Favorite job ever
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 2, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Sarasota Memorial Hospital. All of the staff had such a positive attitude. A typical work day started collecting supplies, being assigned to a section, and figuring out which patients were nurse or lab draws. It was very easy to follow the standards and guidelines they enforced. The only reason I don't currently work there is because I was hired for a seasonal position. It has been my favorite job so far and would go back if given the opportunity.
Great place to work. Team work
Floor manager, Sharon Hamilton (Former Employee) –  float poolJuly 9, 2015
Charge nurses very helpful. Team work among staff. Hardest part long hours but typical for nursing. Best part Nurse / Patient ratio and very qualified nurses assistance on every floor.
Pros
Great people to work with
greta place to work
pct cna (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 10, 2015
Busy all the time but my co workers are great , team players always willing to help. The doors of the managers always open when you need
Pros
great people
Cons
expensive the food
Sarasota Memorial Hospital great place to work. Supportive staff
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 3, 2014
My typical day at work is reviewing Observation patients and determining if they can meet inpatient status, then notifying Physicians that their patient meets inpatient status. I will then review patient flags for core measeures and apply banners if applicable. Then I will review all patients and determine if they still meet criteria for continued stay based on Milliman or Inter-Qual. I will speak with Social Worker and or Care Coordinator and discuss patients ongoing issues, placement issues and or difficult placement.
Pros
can advance
Cons
low pay
I worked in patient registration and the biggest problem is management .
Patient registration dept (Former Employee) –  SarasotaDecember 7, 2014
working conditions are extremely stressful. The main focus is on collecting money not cultivating patient satisfaction. The issue is bad management and misdirected priorities. A new management team could breathe some new life into the pat reg dept. I would stay away from here!!
Pros
pretty good pay
Cons
poor management and favoritism.
like the job just needing something closer to home
MST/CNA/HUC II/CMT (Current Employee) –  FLJanuary 16, 2015
great place to work. exceptional staff to work with. gained skills in taking care of CVICU/ICU/NPCU pt's. Very busy and fast paced with the ability to juggle desk work as well as patient care duties. IE: bathing, monitoring pt heart rhythm.
Pros
gained skills
Cons
diving hour and half to work
Productive and fun place to work
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 27, 2015
I worked in the emergency room and it is always busy from the time the 12 hrs shift started.learned a lot and hope to be given the opportunity to work ER again absolutely loved it.
Pros
Education reimbursement
Cons
12 hrs shift