Saratoga Bridges

Saratoga Bridges Employer Reviews

Former Nursing employee
RN (Former Employee), Malta, NYJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: wonderful group of clients to serve
Cons: terrible pay scale
The most satisfaction with this job comes from working with the developmentally disabled population. The pay is well below the average nursing salary and the expectations are occasionally to work additional hours.
Good workplace, concern for burn out
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee), Clifton Park, NYDecember 27, 2013
Management is stressful with punch in/punch out, even with salaried staff. The population served is challenging.
Pleasant place to work
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 13, 2013
I enjoyed the personal satisfaction of seeing the progress made by the developmentally disabled adults on a daily basis
Saratoga Bridges a Dayhab Review
Dayhab Assistant (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 28, 2013
Pros: fullfilling work, good managment, good benefits, great experiences
Cons: low pay, possibility of being injured, sometimes a stressfull environment
The day was fast paced. It would start off with small tasks that residents performed that were monitored by staff. Later in the morning some form of class, or job related activity was performed in a few different groups led by staff. This taught you hands on different jobs from farm work, to folding clothes, and how to teach a class.

The management – more... at my job site was fantastic. Very fair, and balanced. She was also very knowledgeable, and both a friend if needed, and a good boss always!

All co-workers would lend a hand to each other. The occasional bit of drama would happen, but it was usually sorted out quickly, and quietly.

The hardest part of the job was being pulled in a few directions at once. One resident may be starting a possible violent situation, while another may be teasing another resident. All while you are expected to complete daily tasks, and paperwork for billing. Also the pay was very low for the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling a "family" feeling with your residents, and (some) co-workers. Having an enjoyable boss, and management team helped as well. Learning many different jobs with the residents, and having great experiences with them, and the company as a whole was wonderful too. – less
Great job
Maintenance (Former Employee), Ballston Spa, NYMarch 10, 2013
If you can fix a wide variety of things then this job is good for you
Not a good atmosphere
Staff (Former Employee), Clifton parkFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: on site pe and to, speech.
Sexual harassment a big problem, management literally turned their heads. Clients seem low on the importance totem pole, and only gain attention during fundraisers or state visits. staff members, no matter how hard they work are totally replaceable. There are other agencies that are more respectful to the consumer, I would look into them.
nice people to work with, but admin values money over people
Medicaid Service/Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Ballston Spa, NYJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay, long hours needed to complete work
worked there for 26 years and after salary was capped 6 years ago, neither I nor other long term employees felt valued
not for profit agency provides services to adults with Development Disabilities
Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Day Habilitation New York StateAugust 25, 2012
Pros: good benefit and insurance plans, multiple sites for transfer, quality direct care staff
Cons: no flexibility in scheduling or hours, paper documentation system, rigid hr department, protection of ineffective managers, ignores valid concerns and fails to remedy ongoing staffing shortages
This agency has a good reputation in the community but every employee is well aware of the shortcomings of the particular programs and the desirable locations to work whether residential or day hab. Management is ineffective at motivating and retaining quality employees while great at keeping those who are mediocre at best. Eventually everyone leaves – more... and turnover within our site is currently at 1 every 10 days. Staff are very stressed and always short staffed. Expectations for paperwork are unreasonable given the total lack of time to complete it. I currently do not feel that the good pay rate and benefits are worth the stress that is occurring on a daily basis. – less
The clients I worked with were a joy to be with
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Ballston Spa, NYAugust 1, 2012
Pros: enjoyable clients
Cons: poor management
Most my coworkers were great to work with and really cared about the clients. The clients I worked with I fell in love with. Things that shouldn't happen happened and were reported to management and just a slap on the wrist would happen. That discouraged me in the values that the people worked there had.
Was a rewarding, but tough job
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Saratoga, New YorkJune 7, 2012
The work was tough, but rewarding. Staff tried to help each other out, but managment was not so good. I learned in this job how to multi task, how to deal with a lot of stress.
Good pay for what you do at times
Sr. Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 25, 2012
Pros: working with the employees, fact that you were helping people
Cons: not having enough time to get work completed
The department I worked in was a close knit group of people. There wasn't a high turn over rate. The management was the ones who changed a lot. I had three supervisors in 5 years. The hardest part was getting all your work done in the 35 hours they gave you so there fore I worked a lot of hours off the clock so not to have poor reviews on myself.