Saratoga Bridges Employee Reviews

Stressful job
Day Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saratoga County, NYOctober 25, 2016
Although I enjoyed working with the residents, it was often a difficult environment to work . I would not recommended this for a long term position
Pros
short work hours
Cons
difficult work
Very rewarding job.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 21, 2016
Working with the consumers is the best part of this job, not only do you become familiar with their individual needs and wants, they become family. Very high demanding job, but the rewards are what make it all worth it.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 26, 2016
I love my job the pay is what makes it hard. The job was enjoyable, the tasks were somewhat easy to understand. There were very high expectations, but they lacked the support and pay. People were positive but it became harder as we started to lose employees overall wonderful job just need something more.
benefits
Cons
pay
Productive and enjoyable at times.
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYOctober 16, 2015
We helped people with doing more for themselves. I enjoyed taking the folks on outings. I liked seeing them smile it made my day better just knowing that the folks had fun. I miss the folks.
Rewarding work
Residential Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYOctober 14, 2015
Working in this organization was wonderful. I grew very attached to the patients I cared for. Administering their medications, helping bathe them, cooking their meals. The coworkers where a team. The hardest part was it was a behavioral home, so we would have to restrain them.
Pros
Wonderful staff
A place that shows no loyalty to its dedicated employees.
Residential Habilitation Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYSeptember 16, 2015
I have just seen many people who have worked there for many years get treated poorly and get no consideration in their positions;
Pros
I like my schedule.
Cons
Even though I am supposed to be able to get a meal break I don't.
Excellent employment oppurtunity
Residential Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYAugust 27, 2015
Excellent team atmosphere, great clients with amazing compensation packet for full time employees. Very fulfilling job helping others in need.
Benefits
Cons
Short staff
Fun place to work
Residential Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ballston Sta, NYAugust 26, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work and learn so much about the abilities of individuals with disabilities and their daily struggles. Very positive upbeat working environment.
benefits
Cons
always short staffed
Excellent place to work for
Resident Manager II (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYJune 12, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Saratoga Bridges. The people I worked with were amazing, and the management was incredible. Communications were clear, and the teamwork was off the charts.
rewarding place of employment
residential counselor (Former Employee) –  saratoga springs nyMay 20, 2015
i wish to not write a review due to my experience upon leaving the agency. my 13 years there was very rewarding. my days were always kept busy. the management was for most part easy to get along with.
It is fine working at Bridges
CDL Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYMay 16, 2015
The culture here is one of a kind. Finely managed by our transportation director. . Typical day at work is picking up and entertaining consumers and driving them to their destinations. Wheelchairs, management of consumers.,
Pros
Working with people with developmentally challenges very rewarding
Cons
noen
Decent company
Crisis Intervention Specialist/ Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 23, 2015
Bridges is a decent company to work for. It is not the best nor the worst agency to work for in the field of human services. Some companies are more focused on the individual needs of the people the agency serves. Bridges however seems more focused on the needs of the staff.
Love my job
Residence Counselor (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYFebruary 5, 2015
I love the folks I work for they make coming to work worth it every day. I have learned patience and understanding. I love the people I work with. I love to help others.
Internship
Day Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 24, 2014
This was an internship and I never had employment with them. I learned a lot and enjoyed my time with the clients.
Former Nursing employee
RN (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYJanuary 31, 2014
The most satisfaction with this job comes from working with the developmentally disabled population. The pay is well below the average nursing salary and the expectations are occasionally to work additional hours.
Pros
Wonderful group of clients to serve
Cons
Terrible pay scale
Good workplace, concern for burn out
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYDecember 27, 2013
Management is stressful with punch in/punch out, even with salaried staff. The population served is challenging.
Pleasant place to work
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 13, 2013
I enjoyed the personal satisfaction of seeing the progress made by the developmentally disabled adults on a daily basis
Saratoga Bridges a Dayhab Review
Dayhab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 28, 2013
The day was fast paced. It would start off with small tasks that residents performed that were monitored by staff. Later in the morning some form of class, or job related activity was performed in a few different groups led by staff. This taught you hands on different jobs from farm work, to folding clothes, and how to teach a class.

The management at my job site was fantastic. Very fair, and balanced. She was also very knowledgeable, and both a friend if needed, and a good boss always!

All co-workers would lend a hand to each other. The occasional bit of drama would happen, but it was usually sorted out quickly, and quietly.

The hardest part of the job was being pulled in a few directions at once. One resident may be starting a possible violent situation, while another may be teasing another resident. All while you are expected to complete daily tasks, and paperwork for billing. Also the pay was very low for the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling a "family" feeling with your residents, and (some) co-workers. Having an enjoyable boss, and management team helped as well. Learning many different jobs with the residents, and having great experiences with them, and the company as a whole was wonderful too.
Pros
Fullfilling work, good managment, good benefits, great experiences
Cons
LOW pay, possibility of being injured, sometimes a stressfull environment
Great job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYMarch 10, 2013
If you can fix a wide variety of things then this job is good for you
Not a good atmosphere
Staff (Former Employee) –  Clifton parkFebruary 28, 2013
Sexual harassment a big problem, management literally turned their heads. Clients seem low on the importance totem pole, and only gain attention during fundraisers or state visits. staff members, no matter how hard they work are totally replaceable. There are other agencies that are more respectful to the consumer, I would look into them.
Pros
on site pe and to, speech.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saratoga Bridges. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8