Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service, a growing beverage wholesaler and distributor in the capitol district, is adding wine and liquor products to our peerless portfolio of domestic and imported beer products which includes iconic brands such as: Budweiser, Yuengling, Michelob, Labatt Blue, and Stella Artois. Our beers are complimented by a diverse array of flavored-malt beverages, ciders, and non alcoholic beverages. The Wine and Spirits Sales specialist will be challenged with optimizing sales execution of new wine and liquor products by developing account relationships, shelf position, and distribution. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assists the Director of Sales with the development and implementation of wine and liquor sales projections for the monthly sales plan.
- Achieves sales objective and performance standards indentified in sales plan.
- Call on assigned accounts according to schedule approved by Director of Sales and Area Sales Manager.
- Adheres to all sales standards (per sales manual) example: P.O.S., rotation etc.
- Attends sales functions (meetings, promotions, etc).
- Ensures appropriate levels of inventory are maintained in the warehouse.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of innovative, successful or growing brands and products not currently in our portfolio.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with sales and deliveries.
- Assist in developing a sales strategy for liquor and wine brands.
- Primary liaison between the Company and Supplier Partners.
- Develop retail sales plans.
- Develop “sampling” programs.
- Recognized internally in the Company as the wine and spirit category expert.
The successful candidate will have at least one to two years of related work related sales experience; or a 4-year degree in a business related program; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Qualified candidates will have a proficient knowledge of common types of wines and liquors which will include origin, characteristics, serving recommendations and food paring of wine and liquor products. Computer literacy, a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, and the ability to qualify for and maintain a solicitors permit from the New York State liquor authority are essential to be qualified for this position.
Check out our website at: www.saratogaeagle.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.