Saratoga Gaming and Raceway Employee Reviews

Back to High School
club representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 22, 2016
People are overall friendly. But it is very cliquie. If you are not one of the "old guard" employees, prepare to get all the blame. Everything is monitored. From break & lunches, to how long you take in the bathroom. Upper management in my department was a joke. Again, very cliquie. Never actually felt like I fit in. Hours are awful!!! You start out at night and most likely will stay there. Guests are fine. Some can be nasty. Pay is awful!!! Minimum wage. Plus, some departments are not union & cannot receive tips!! Which is a bit of bs. Because, everyone deals with the guests, but I was in the only department not allowed to get tips. Employees in other departments where friendly.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
Management is clueless, very low pay, monitored for everything!
fun workplace
Waitress/Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 19, 2014
show up on time, greet guests, management was pleasant, hard job but i could handle it, the hardest part was dealing with intoxicated guest. the most enjoyable part of the job was the salary. my bosses were great
Exciting
Mutual Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 29, 2013
I new and exciting environment to have been in, and I liked how It was outside of what I may have chosen for myself.
Pros
Great tips
Cons
late hours
Good money!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 29, 2012
Worked there for 1 yr. I did like it overall. The money is GOOD!!!!. We did pay into a union but when I had some issues, I was NEVER able to find a union rep to assist me with them. My biggest CON!!!

They do give you a good background check. And should you pass it and be able to be hired, you NEED to be proud of this.

They had GREAT food you can purchase at LOW cost on your breaks.

Personell was UNDERSTANDING overall. I couldn't say enough good about that......more so their HR dept.

Overall, this was a great job, but be prepared to work crazy hr.!!!
Pros
great food at low cost, good money
Cons
no union rep available should you need one, crazy hr.
licensing fees
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 27, 2012
Only place I ever worked that YOU !!! had tp pay to work for. The first 3 checks you receive will deduct $30 to $40 for licensing fees. You can get reimbursed if you are WORKING after a year, 1/2 after WORKING 6 months. The reason I say WORKING is; just because you are EMPLOYED there for 6 months or a year, doesn't mean you WORKED that whole time!!!
Pros
free day old food, if you work the latest shift
Cons
good old boy favoritism abounds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saratoga Gaming and Raceway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8