Saratoga Hospital Employee Reviews

Management doesn't work with employees
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 18, 2017
If you're looking for an employer who cares about their employees this hospital is not one. They do not support their employees and care about what may be happening in their lives. While working there I did not feel supported. Not good training. They need a stronger management team if they wish to be competitive with other local hospitals. They pay was just above minimum wage for over 10yrs experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible HR/management
Poor working environment and is extremely under staffed
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 14, 2016
I was the only pca on shift almost every day I worked. The nurses were amazing and a big help but there was not enough help and it resulted in injuries due to incorrect lifting of patients. The work was taxing and I spent at least an extra two hours after work every day just on charting. The shifts were too long at 12 hours with only two breaks adding up to 45 mins
Pros
Discount on lunches when using badge, nurses were polite
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, no help
Great Place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Fun, inspiring environment.
Caring employees.
Great attention to detail, and quality patient care.
Saratoga Hospital allows their patients to obtain the best care possible.
Pros
Excellent Bennefits
A day in the life of...
Central Sterile Processing Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 3, 2017
This job had a lot more work load in my opinion. Their cases were also much larger as well where Glens Falls would have a lot of vascular cases as their priority and Saratoga had bigger cases as their priority such as a spine case and running around was about equal to both places for add-on cases. This job is what molded me and I learned everything from the beginning. I thoroughly enjoyed the work environment and the people and the bosses. Everybody worked together and especially when I first started I never felt lost because there was always someone willing to teach me or answer whatever questions I had. The hardest part of this job was I was just starting out so it was a learning process for me. I again really enjoy cleaning the scopes and processing them and running them in the medivator's which were alcohol base to clean the scopes to the best of its ability. The difference was mainly the scopes I processed were colonoscopy scopes and once in awhile the OR would drop off a scope for me to process.
Pros
Knowledge as well
Cons
No overtime
Professional workplace with good management and flow.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 11, 2016
A Typical day at work depends on what station I am working at. Decontamination is one of the stations, there is where I would follow IFU's per instrument and company of the instruments. Depending on the company we soak, rinse, ultrasonically clean and riding of all bio burden to where it then would be sent through the washer to be sent to prep and pack to be examined and then sterilized.
On the prep and pack side or the clean side we inspect and follow count sheets to put the trays together to then be sterilized.
When working on the sterilizers or autoclaves is where we send all of the instruments that are ready to be sterilized. After they are done and cooled from the sterilizer the instruments are then distributed through the hospital to there proper location.
Pros
positive work enviornment
Very educational and informative experience
Shadowing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 19, 2017
I learned a lot from the doctor I shadowed, who was so helpful in answering my questions and explaining concepts to me. All the staff at Saratoga Hospital were very friendly to me during my experience as well.
fast pace work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 16, 2016
good place to work, most people are very friendly, working close with the public a lot of different personalities, makes a interesting day
Management is horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 5, 2016
A lot of bullying and nothing done by management. It's all about politics and who you know. There are some vicious people in supervisor and management positions.
Great place to start a rewarding career.
Mental Health Technician II (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 2, 2016
Very kind and professional staff. Great teaching/learning opportunities. Positive realations within community. Lots of growth opportunity.
Pros
Chartered bus trips from NYC to Maine!
Cons
Possible overtime/Understaffed
Great learning experience for nursing.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 5, 2015
I work twelve hour days. My day goes in this order: fingersticks, nutrition, bathing, ambulating, vital signs, fingersticks, nutrition, ambulating, vital signs etc., and everything else in between that a patient might need. This job can be very challenging. It is fast paced and there is always something to do, which I love, but when we are short staffed it is so hard to get everything done. My coworkers are great, they are all very supportive of me advancing my career because they all say how wonderful I am with the patients, how thorough I am at my job. and how much I care. Which is something that just can't be faked. The hardest part of the job is postmortem care. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a patient says they feel better due to my care, and knowing that I am providing the best care that I possibly can to make them feel as well as possible in their time of sickness. Management was a little difficult. I was always given the feeling that no matter how hard I worked I was replaceable and not really appreciated.
Pros
full time employee benefits
Cons
sick days count against you
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 26, 2015
Saratoga Hospital is one of the best places I have ever worked for. If I did not have to venture out, for employment in my related field, I would still be there currently. The Hospital offers great benefits, guidance, and room for growth in the hospital. I have learned so much about the medical field and the inner workings of the hospital setting. I could not have asked for a better place to grow and excel. If you are looking to get into any type of medical career and are from the area. Saratoga Hospital is the place to be. They have excellent Education benefits, support, and great mentors within the organization. In addition, if I were in need of medical care for myself and or my family, this would be the place to go. I started out as a House Keeper, back in 2010. Then I moved onto Medical Office Assistant/Patient Care Coordinator, to a Medical Assistant.

Great place to work!!!!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Environment, and Great Pay.
Cons
Fast paced, Sometimes not enough time for adaquate breaks, not much else.
Developing Programs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYApril 16, 2016
Much like the way I had active participation in developing a program at another hospital, I actively took part in starting the Bariatric Surgery program at Saratoga Hospital. This is a great place to work, and the only reason I left was for career advancement.
GET IT IN WRITING but that still won't matter.
MD (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 6, 2016
I would say to get it in writing but that doesn't seem to matter since they don't honor their contracts. Four physicians have given notice in the last 5 months and there will be more to follow given the current working conditions. Many of the staff of those physicians have left or are in the process of leaving now. There is a major push to get the numbers up to probably pay for the expansion. Over promising and under delivering is no way to go about getting and keeping a happy work force in the long term. A new policy of getting all new out patients in to see a doctor within 72 hours (no matter the specialty) isn't feasible. Many specialists have a backlog of over 3 months so cramming more patients into an already packed schedule will just depreciate patient care. Don't take my word for it though. Ask around and you will see.
Terrible experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 23, 2014
I worked there for a few years and the managment in housekeeping has just gotten worse. The only fun thing about Saratoga was your co workers. Some of them were great and I am still friends with those who were. They play favorites and don't advance the people that deserve it. They make people work non stop without a day off. They keep the lazy people and fire the hard workers. I used to love Saratoga Hospital. It used to be my home. Now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Management, scheduling, long hours and favoritism.
Great Place to work if you're looking for an "in" into the medical field
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 9, 2014
A typical day started with morning rounds. After breakfast, everyone goes to their designated area for the day. This changes on a daily basis to keep everyone familiar with each area, and keep you from becoming bored. I learned the ins-and-outs of the blood draw process, and how a lab essentially keeps a hospital running.
Pros
Paid training, inexpensive healthcare
Cons
low wages, minimal raises
Relaxed setting
Linen room assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866May 22, 2016
Co-workers are friendly and easy going. Once and a while there are days that are tough, but that comes with any job. I love working here.
Opportunity to work with and serve a variety of people
NYS Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 26, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed working as the facilitator of the Complementary/Alternative Medicine program at Saratoga Hospital.
It was hugely rewarding to work with patients, families and co-workers in a much needed program.

I appreciated the training and support in the education provided for my mob. Management was most professional and had a real connection to all facets of the healing process of the patients.

My work and life balance was a constant enlightening experience. It made me humble and most appreciative of the great opportunity to serve the public.
Pros
the most amazing opportunity to learn and grow.
Cons
the program ended too soon.
Everyone is so Friendly
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 31, 2013
Saratoga Hospital is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and for the most part easy to work with. All staff are approachable and eager to help you. I work a 71/2 hours a day in STR, acute and ortho . I see a variety of diagnosis. My treatment times range from 33 minutes for Medicaid to 15+ minutes for acute and ortho.
I'm requires to use a computer for daily documentation - record of rehab, interim and discharge notes.
My co-workers are wonderful. I often co-treat with PT or PTAs. The hardest part of my job are the long hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with patients who understand the process of recovery and see how far they have come with occupational therapy and thank me for helping them.
Pros
Wonderful Christmas party free for employees and can pay for guests, plus a box of good chocolates on Valentines Day
Cons
Long hours and no breaks except a half hour lunch
Good place to work.
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  DetroitOctober 7, 2012
Good place to work. Involved with every area of the hospital. Management is easy to communicate with. Coworker are a great bunch of people. Some late nights can be undesirable.
Pros
great co-workers and benefits.
Cons
in detroit
Hard working, Nice relaxed
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 22, 2015
Saratoga is an okay place to work at. I rated it so high because it comes with a lot of percs, as in benefits advancements etc. But its now to far to travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saratoga Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

81%