Saratoga Hospital Employee Reviews

Good Company
tbd (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 4, 2016
The hospital is very friendly. The pay is very low but they really care about their employees. They management makes a great deal while the rest is underpaid.
credit and collections
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 8, 2015
Great place to work. Work with patients on a daily basis to help get any patient responsibility resolved. Answer an large amount of inbound phone calls as well as making phone calls. Handle a trial balance each month and review for collections.
Great Place to Work
Senior Speech-Language Pathologist (part time) (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 8, 2015
This hospital is a great place for young and inexperienced clinicians to learn a variety of skills with complex medical cases.
good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 25, 2015
overall nice place,good people and the opportunity to advance through tuition reimbursement. They have a new OR and ICU state of the art
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 26, 2015
Saratoga Hospital is one of the best places I have ever worked for. If I did not have to venture out, for employment in my related field, I would still be there currently. The Hospital offers great benefits, guidance, and room for growth in the hospital. I have learned so much about the medical field and the inner workings of the hospital setting. I could not have asked for a better place to grow and excel. If you are looking to get into any type of medical career and are from the area. Saratoga Hospital is the place to be. They have excellent Education benefits, support, and great mentors within the organization. In addition, if I were in need of medical care for myself and or my family, this would be the place to go. I started out as a House Keeper, back in 2010. Then I moved onto Medical Office Assistant/Patient Care Coordinator, to a Medical Assistant.

Great place to work!!!!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Environment, and Great Pay.
Cons
Fast paced, Sometimes not enough time for adaquate breaks, not much else.
Good job
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care/Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 7, 2015
Same review as done previously, great hospital, great physicians, good procedures. Some co-workers were difficult and jealous at times.
Pros
Good job
Cons
some coworkers
Hard working, Nice relaxed
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 22, 2015
Saratoga is an okay place to work at. I rated it so high because it comes with a lot of percs, as in benefits advancements etc. But its now to far to travel.
Uncomfortable Worplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 2, 2015
I found this place uncomfortable to work for on a number of different levels. I was harassed numerous times and when it was brought to management's attention they did nothing. Very sad.
Pros
Easy commute.
Cons
No communication, no authority over management.
Worked with great people.
HIS Tech II Correspondence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work was busy. I learned how to use many different computer programs such as meditech, esmart and Ipro. I learned the HIPPA guidlines and patient release of information procedures. Management was busy but they helped when they could. My co-workers were amazing and such hard workers. The hardest part of the job was the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and knowing you made a difference.
Pros
schedule very flexible
Cons
short breaks
Great learning experience for nursing.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 5, 2015
I work twelve hour days. My day goes in this order: fingersticks, nutrition, bathing, ambulating, vital signs, fingersticks, nutrition, ambulating, vital signs etc., and everything else in between that a patient might need. This job can be very challenging. It is fast paced and there is always something to do, which I love, but when we are short staffed it is so hard to get everything done. My coworkers are great, they are all very supportive of me advancing my career because they all say how wonderful I am with the patients, how thorough I am at my job. and how much I care. Which is something that just can't be faked. The hardest part of the job is postmortem care. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a patient says they feel better due to my care, and knowing that I am providing the best care that I possibly can to make them feel as well as possible in their time of sickness. Management was a little difficult. I was always given the feeling that no matter how hard I worked I was replaceable and not really appreciated.
Pros
full time employee benefits
Cons
sick days count against you
I dont recommend
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  saratoga springs NYJanuary 21, 2015
your experience may vary but mine was terrible. although I worked second shift it wasn't worth the hassle.
Pros
the benefits are wonderful
Unique Magnet Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 5, 2015
If you'd like to work in a place where professionals take pride in the work the do and the care they deliver than Saratoga Hospital is a place for you.
Pros
training and magnet status
Cons
pay scale
Saratoga Hospital have Given me Opportunities
Certified Medical Assistant and EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 1, 2014
I am currently working as a patient care assistant at Saratoga Hospital in Saratoga New York, as well as a medical office assistant at Malta Medical Emergent Care in Ballston Spa, New York. I am currently seeking a position in Saint Petersburg, Florida and can be available to start as of September 1, 2014. In the meantime, I can arrange to be available for an interview at your convenience.

I have graduated as a C.M.A., A.A.M.A. I feel the skills that I have could prove to be a valuable asset to you. Since being in the healthcare field prior to my employment at Saratoga Hospital, I have performed a variety of tasks, including but not limited to; collecting blood or other specimens, operating electrocardiograms, blood draws, direct patient care and medical office management. I am dedicated, hard working and able to face challenges. In addition, I am a lively team player who works well with co-workers and colleagues.
Pros
i work with a wonderful buch of people
Cons
long days
Hospital, fun to work at
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 19, 2014
Supervised 50 employees, scheduling, overall day to day operations of the food service department, worked closely with the food service director. Ran the cafeteria serving meal to Doctors, Nurses, and all staff in the hospital. Performed all the daily catering.
Pros
lots of variety
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 9, 2014
I could not have been happier in my time that I worked at Saratoga Hospital. I started as a new graduate RN with experience as and LPN. They worked with me to verify the skills I already had and allowed me to move quickly through the orientation process. I had an array of support from my manager, peers and nursing assistants along the way. The patient to nurse ratio is the BEST that I have ever experienced. The doctors and nurses collaborate constantly and really put the patient first. They allow RN's to self schedule so you have more control over the balance of family and work. The hardest part of the job for me was leaving when my husband was given his next duty station in Pearl Harbor. You will not find a better place to work in upstate NY.
Pros
lunches can be charged and taken out of your paycheck, self scheduling
Terrible experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 23, 2014
I worked there for a few years and the managment in housekeeping has just gotten worse. The only fun thing about Saratoga was your co workers. Some of them were great and I am still friends with those who were. They play favorites and don't advance the people that deserve it. They make people work non stop without a day off. They keep the lazy people and fire the hard workers. I used to love Saratoga Hospital. It used to be my home. Now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
some of the people
Cons
management, scheduling, long hours and favoritism.
Great Place to work if you're looking for an "in" into the medical field
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 9, 2014
A typical day started with morning rounds. After breakfast, everyone goes to their designated area for the day. This changes on a daily basis to keep everyone familiar with each area, and keep you from becoming bored. I learned the ins-and-outs of the blood draw process, and how a lab essentially keeps a hospital running.
Pros
paid training, inexpensive healthcare
Cons
low wages, minimal raises
fun work place
Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 8, 2014
working at the hospital had its ups and downs. you tend to make friends with the hospital staff and the patients. and when one of the patients passes away it tends to be very sad and heart breaking. So you have to learn to not get to close or attached to anyone person. but everyone at the hospital was great. hardworking. supportive people. the best part was able to make a sick patient smile and laugh even tough they were in pain and suffering. cause u knew for that brief moment even though so small you made them forget about it. and you made them look forward to something other then doctors poking and prodding them. Healthcare with the hospital was very good also.
Pros
patients, co-workers, healthcare
Cons
loosing a patient, bi-weekly pay.
productive and fulfilling
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYApril 15, 2014
washed dishes, learned how a kitchen works, management was okay co-workers were good. Job was not very hard and the most enjoyable part was that the hours were not long
Fun yet uncomfortable
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 31, 2014
My day started at 5am. Rounds done in hospital until 6am, then went to Maplewood Manor to draw blood. After Maplewood , back to hospital where i worked in E.R , inpatient, outpatient, receiving, and maternity. I got along great with my co-workers, and am still in contact with quite a few of them! The hardest part of my job was lab supervisor!!!! She made work very uncomfortable. To the point where i was nervous to even be in same room with her!!!! Besides for my supervisor, i honestly enjoyed EVERY part of my job!!!! I love the challenge of drawing blood and also love meeting and working with new people!!!
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
conflict of interest with supervisor