Saratoga Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 5, 2017
Saratoga hospital is an excellent place to work with opportunity for learning and growth. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Excellent place to learn as a nurse.
Friendly fast paced
Food and nutrition representative (Current Employee) –  Saratoga nySeptember 2, 2017
All co workers are very friendly, everyone works together well to get a task complete. Healthy environment. Patient care is to the standard that I would want my parents to have
Great group of people to work with
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 27, 2017
You never know what to expect when going into work for the day, so its a great job, and the people I work with are some of the best people I have ever worked with.
Fast Paced but Great for Learning
Phlebotomy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 25, 2017
This was my first formal phlebotomy position, and I really loved it! At first I was at the main hospital, but eventually I moved over to the urgent care setting. The hospital itself was a lot more fast paced, and a lot more stressful. Unless you're confident in a medical setting, prepare yourself emotionally. There was also a lot of push and shove with some drama between employees who were dating. (Essentially you never knew when you'd get your lunch, since there were people in charge of scheduling who wanted to make sure they got lunch with their crushes, etc.)

The urgent care was run a lot better, with a lot less drama. I would have continued there had I not gotten ill and relocated to another state. Things were much more organized, and I didn't have to worry about taking a lunch at the same time as the guy someone liked and causing a stir.
Pros
Discounted Lunches, Good Pay, Good Learning
Cons
Drama amongst some staffers
Fast paced and low pay grade
Technician Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYAugust 1, 2017
Busy days at a fast paced level. Great enviroment just doesnt offer enough pay. Enjoyed the position, as well as the advancement to be able to work outside the hospital.
Fast paced but fun
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the medical staff and the patients. I worked the overnight shift so it could be exhausting especially since I was pregnant. I had my son two months early so I had to leave to care for him.
Pros
The other staff
Cons
could be overwhelming at times
Positive Environment
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 12, 2017
I volunteered here during my senior year. It was an enjoyable experience, and a good way to give back to the community. Hospital staff were very friendly.
Excellent place to work.
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 6, 2017
Saratoga hospital is an excellent place to work. Great pension, wages and benefits. They are magnate certified which is the highest certification in the health care industry.
Pros
Excellent health facility
Cons
Excellent benefits, care about there employees
Great place to work and learn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 5, 2017
I worked with this hospital for roughly a year and had a wonderful experience. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. There were many opportunities to expand your skill set and education. I would most definitely recommend Saratoga Hospital to a friend.
Busy community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 5, 2017
Tight knit group of wonderful RN's pulling together to help make community care better for all. Season was a difficult time to begin employment with this group; many RN's were working 4-5 days a week.
Very good
Patient Safety and Activities Companion (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 1, 2017
The work is challenging but however, your co workers are always happy to help and provide any needed assistance to make the job easier, The bosses and higher management always communicate with the workers about any on going or about to surface situations.
Pros
Positive work field, good compensation and benefits, great communication in the work feild.
Cons
Challenging work
Able to use badge to buy lunch and at sales
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYJune 1, 2017
Greet clients, verify and/or update insurance information, profile information, be sure all applicable forms are signed. Input information into data base. Complete all incoming request from faxes or phone calls.
Pros
great environment, very flexible
Student Volunteer Intern (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 30, 2017
It is of absolute importance that you have great costumer service for this is an area of work that can be stressful for individuals on the receive end of care. Best job ever.
Pros
Exposure
overall not a bad place to work
Kitchen Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 5, 2017
Compensation, benefits, and choice of hours are excellent, management is very poor and the drama of co-workers is very high. The workplace is clean, and safe, but job duties vary depending on the supervisor on duty, every supervisor has different rules and regulations depending on their own personal choice.
Pros
pay, and benefits
Cons
management
Former employee
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 3, 2017
Terrible management, too much drama, and not enough pay. They bribe with incentive pay because no one wants to show up for their shift, the lack of communication between employees is the worst!
Pros
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Very educational and informative experience
Shadowing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 19, 2017
I learned a lot from the doctor I shadowed, who was so helpful in answering my questions and explaining concepts to me. All the staff at Saratoga Hospital were very friendly to me during my experience as well.
Management doesn't work with employees
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 18, 2017
If you're looking for an employer who cares about their employees this hospital is not one. They do not support their employees and care about what may be happening in their lives. While working there I did not feel supported. Not good training. They need a stronger management team if they wish to be competitive with other local hospitals. They pay was just above minimum wage for over 10yrs experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible HR/management
Great Place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Fun, inspiring environment.
Caring employees.
Great attention to detail, and quality patient care.
Saratoga Hospital allows their patients to obtain the best care possible.
Pros
Excellent Bennefits
A day in the life of...
Central Sterile Processing Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 3, 2017
This job had a lot more work load in my opinion. Their cases were also much larger as well where Glens Falls would have a lot of vascular cases as their priority and Saratoga had bigger cases as their priority such as a spine case and running around was about equal to both places for add-on cases. This job is what molded me and I learned everything from the beginning. I thoroughly enjoyed the work environment and the people and the bosses. Everybody worked together and especially when I first started I never felt lost because there was always someone willing to teach me or answer whatever questions I had. The hardest part of this job was I was just starting out so it was a learning process for me. I again really enjoy cleaning the scopes and processing them and running them in the medivator's which were alcohol base to clean the scopes to the best of its ability. The difference was mainly the scopes I processed were colonoscopy scopes and once in awhile the OR would drop off a scope for me to process.
Pros
Knowledge as well
Cons
No overtime
fast pace work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 16, 2016
good place to work, most people are very friendly, working close with the public a lot of different personalities, makes a interesting day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saratoga Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Saratoga Hospital Reviews by Location