Saratoga Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed setting
Linen room assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866May 22, 2016
Co-workers are friendly and easy going. Once and a while there are days that are tough, but that comes with any job. I love working here.
Developing Programs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYApril 16, 2016
Much like the way I had active participation in developing a program at another hospital, I actively took part in starting the Bariatric Surgery program at Saratoga Hospital. This is a great place to work, and the only reason I left was for career advancement.
GET IT IN WRITING but that still won't matter.
MD (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 6, 2016
I would say to get it in writing but that doesn't seem to matter since they don't honor their contracts. Four physicians have given notice in the last 5 months and there will be more to follow given the current working conditions. Many of the staff of those physicians have left or are in the process of leaving now. There is a major push to get the numbers up to probably pay for the expansion. Over promising and under delivering is no way to go about getting and keeping a happy work force in the long term. A new policy of getting all new out patients in to see a doctor within 72 hours (no matter the specialty) isn't feasible. Many specialists have a backlog of over 3 months so cramming more patients into an already packed schedule will just depreciate patient care. Don't take my word for it though. Ask around and you will see.
Management is horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 5, 2016
A lot of bullying and nothing done by management. It's all about politics and who you know. There are some vicious people in supervisor and management positions.
Asset to the community
Patient Access Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 18, 2016
Days at work went fast filled with interesting task to do. It was a pleasure to be able to help the people that came through our doors
Good Company
tbd (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 4, 2016
The hospital is very friendly. The pay is very low but they really care about their employees. They management makes a great deal while the rest is underpaid.
credit and collections
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 8, 2015
Great place to work. Work with patients on a daily basis to help get any patient responsibility resolved. Answer an large amount of inbound phone calls as well as making phone calls. Handle a trial balance each month and review for collections.
Great Place to Work
Senior Speech-Language Pathologist (part time) (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 8, 2015
This hospital is a great place for young and inexperienced clinicians to learn a variety of skills with complex medical cases.
good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 25, 2015
overall nice place,good people and the opportunity to advance through tuition reimbursement. They have a new OR and ICU state of the art
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 26, 2015
Saratoga Hospital is one of the best places I have ever worked for. If I did not have to venture out, for employment in my related field, I would still be there currently. The Hospital offers great benefits, guidance, and room for growth in the hospital. I have learned so much about the medical field and the inner workings of the hospital setting. I could not have asked for a better place to grow and excel. If you are looking to get into any type of medical career and are from the area. Saratoga Hospital is the place to be. They have excellent Education benefits, support, and great mentors within the organization. In addition, if I were in need of medical care for myself and or my family, this would be the place to go. I started out as a House Keeper, back in 2010. Then I moved onto Medical Office Assistant/Patient Care Coordinator, to a Medical Assistant.

Great place to work!!!!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Environment, and Great Pay.
Cons
Fast paced, Sometimes not enough time for adaquate breaks, not much else.
Good job
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care/Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 7, 2015
Same review as done previously, great hospital, great physicians, good procedures. Some co-workers were difficult and jealous at times.
Pros
Good job
Cons
some coworkers
Hard working, Nice relaxed
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 22, 2015
Saratoga is an okay place to work at. I rated it so high because it comes with a lot of percs, as in benefits advancements etc. But its now to far to travel.
Uncomfortable Worplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 2, 2015
I found this place uncomfortable to work for on a number of different levels. I was harassed numerous times and when it was brought to management's attention they did nothing. Very sad.
Pros
Easy commute.
Cons
No communication, no authority over management.
Worked with great people.
HIS Tech II Correspondence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work was busy. I learned how to use many different computer programs such as meditech, esmart and Ipro. I learned the HIPPA guidlines and patient release of information procedures. Management was busy but they helped when they could. My co-workers were amazing and such hard workers. The hardest part of the job was the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and knowing you made a difference.
Pros
schedule very flexible
Cons
short breaks
Great learning experience for nursing.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 5, 2015
I work twelve hour days. My day goes in this order: fingersticks, nutrition, bathing, ambulating, vital signs, fingersticks, nutrition, ambulating, vital signs etc., and everything else in between that a patient might need. This job can be very challenging. It is fast paced and there is always something to do, which I love, but when we are short staffed it is so hard to get everything done. My coworkers are great, they are all very supportive of me advancing my career because they all say how wonderful I am with the patients, how thorough I am at my job. and how much I care. Which is something that just can't be faked. The hardest part of the job is postmortem care. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a patient says they feel better due to my care, and knowing that I am providing the best care that I possibly can to make them feel as well as possible in their time of sickness. Management was a little difficult. I was always given the feeling that no matter how hard I worked I was replaceable and not really appreciated.
Pros
full time employee benefits
Cons
sick days count against you
I dont recommend
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  saratoga springs NYJanuary 21, 2015
your experience may vary but mine was terrible. although I worked second shift it wasn't worth the hassle.
Pros
the benefits are wonderful
Unique Magnet Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 5, 2015
If you'd like to work in a place where professionals take pride in the work the do and the care they deliver than Saratoga Hospital is a place for you.
Pros
training and magnet status
Cons
pay scale
Saratoga Hospital have Given me Opportunities
Certified Medical Assistant and EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 1, 2014
I am currently working as a patient care assistant at Saratoga Hospital in Saratoga New York, as well as a medical office assistant at Malta Medical Emergent Care in Ballston Spa, New York. I am currently seeking a position in Saint Petersburg, Florida and can be available to start as of September 1, 2014. In the meantime, I can arrange to be available for an interview at your convenience.

I have graduated as a C.M.A., A.A.M.A. I feel the skills that I have could prove to be a valuable asset to you. Since being in the healthcare field prior to my employment at Saratoga Hospital, I have performed a variety of tasks, including but not limited to; collecting blood or other specimens, operating electrocardiograms, blood draws, direct patient care and medical office management. I am dedicated, hard working and able to face challenges. In addition, I am a lively team player who works well with co-workers and colleagues.
Pros
i work with a wonderful buch of people
Cons
long days
Hospital, fun to work at
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 19, 2014
Supervised 50 employees, scheduling, overall day to day operations of the food service department, worked closely with the food service director. Ran the cafeteria serving meal to Doctors, Nurses, and all staff in the hospital. Performed all the daily catering.
Pros
lots of variety
A great place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 9, 2014
I could not have been happier in my time that I worked at Saratoga Hospital. I started as a new graduate RN with experience as and LPN. They worked with me to verify the skills I already had and allowed me to move quickly through the orientation process. I had an array of support from my manager, peers and nursing assistants along the way. The patient to nurse ratio is the BEST that I have ever experienced. The doctors and nurses collaborate constantly and really put the patient first. They allow RN's to self schedule so you have more control over the balance of family and work. The hardest part of the job for me was leaving when my husband was given his next duty station in Pearl Harbor. You will not find a better place to work in upstate NY.
Pros
lunches can be charged and taken out of your paycheck, self scheduling