Saratoga Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 5, 2017
Tight knit group of wonderful RN's pulling together to help make community care better for all. Season was a difficult time to begin employment with this group; many RN's were working 4-5 days a week.
Very good
Patient Safety and Activities Companion (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 1, 2017
The work is challenging but however, your co workers are always happy to help and provide any needed assistance to make the job easier, The bosses and higher management always communicate with the workers about any on going or about to surface situations.
Pros
Positive work field, good compensation and benefits, great communication in the work feild.
Cons
Challenging work
Able to use badge to buy lunch and at sales
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYJune 1, 2017
Greet clients, verify and/or update insurance information, profile information, be sure all applicable forms are signed. Input information into data base. Complete all incoming request from faxes or phone calls.
Pros
great environment, very flexible
Student Volunteer Intern (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 30, 2017
It is of absolute importance that you have great costumer service for this is an area of work that can be stressful for individuals on the receive end of care. Best job ever.
Pros
Exposure
overall not a bad place to work
Kitchen Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 5, 2017
Compensation, benefits, and choice of hours are excellent, management is very poor and the drama of co-workers is very high. The workplace is clean, and safe, but job duties vary depending on the supervisor on duty, every supervisor has different rules and regulations depending on their own personal choice.
Pros
pay, and benefits
Cons
management
Former employee
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 3, 2017
Terrible management, too much drama, and not enough pay. They bribe with incentive pay because no one wants to show up for their shift, the lack of communication between employees is the worst!
Pros
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Very educational and informative experience
Shadowing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 19, 2017
I learned a lot from the doctor I shadowed, who was so helpful in answering my questions and explaining concepts to me. All the staff at Saratoga Hospital were very friendly to me during my experience as well.
Management doesn't work with employees
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 18, 2017
If you're looking for an employer who cares about their employees this hospital is not one. They do not support their employees and care about what may be happening in their lives. While working there I did not feel supported. Not good training. They need a stronger management team if they wish to be competitive with other local hospitals. They pay was just above minimum wage for over 10yrs experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible HR/management
Great Place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Fun, inspiring environment.
Caring employees.
Great attention to detail, and quality patient care.
Saratoga Hospital allows their patients to obtain the best care possible.
Pros
Excellent Bennefits
A day in the life of...
Central Sterile Processing Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 3, 2017
This job had a lot more work load in my opinion. Their cases were also much larger as well where Glens Falls would have a lot of vascular cases as their priority and Saratoga had bigger cases as their priority such as a spine case and running around was about equal to both places for add-on cases. This job is what molded me and I learned everything from the beginning. I thoroughly enjoyed the work environment and the people and the bosses. Everybody worked together and especially when I first started I never felt lost because there was always someone willing to teach me or answer whatever questions I had. The hardest part of this job was I was just starting out so it was a learning process for me. I again really enjoy cleaning the scopes and processing them and running them in the medivator's which were alcohol base to clean the scopes to the best of its ability. The difference was mainly the scopes I processed were colonoscopy scopes and once in awhile the OR would drop off a scope for me to process.
Pros
Knowledge as well
Cons
No overtime
fast pace work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 16, 2016
good place to work, most people are very friendly, working close with the public a lot of different personalities, makes a interesting day
Poor working environment and is extremely under staffed
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 14, 2016
I was the only pca on shift almost every day I worked. The nurses were amazing and a big help but there was not enough help and it resulted in injuries due to incorrect lifting of patients. The work was taxing and I spent at least an extra two hours after work every day just on charting. The shifts were too long at 12 hours with only two breaks adding up to 45 mins
Pros
Discount on lunches when using badge, nurses were polite
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, no help
Professional workplace with good management and flow.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 11, 2016
A Typical day at work depends on what station I am working at. Decontamination is one of the stations, there is where I would follow IFU's per instrument and company of the instruments. Depending on the company we soak, rinse, ultrasonically clean and riding of all bio burden to where it then would be sent through the washer to be sent to prep and pack to be examined and then sterilized.
On the prep and pack side or the clean side we inspect and follow count sheets to put the trays together to then be sterilized.
When working on the sterilizers or autoclaves is where we send all of the instruments that are ready to be sterilized. After they are done and cooled from the sterilizer the instruments are then distributed through the hospital to there proper location.
Pros
positive work enviornment
Great place to start a rewarding career.
Mental Health Technician II (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 2, 2016
Very kind and professional staff. Great teaching/learning opportunities. Positive realations within community. Lots of growth opportunity.
Pros
Chartered bus trips from NYC to Maine!
Cons
Possible overtime/Understaffed
Relaxed setting
Linen room assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866May 22, 2016
Co-workers are friendly and easy going. Once and a while there are days that are tough, but that comes with any job. I love working here.
Developing Programs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYApril 16, 2016
Much like the way I had active participation in developing a program at another hospital, I actively took part in starting the Bariatric Surgery program at Saratoga Hospital. This is a great place to work, and the only reason I left was for career advancement.
GET IT IN WRITING but that still won't matter.
MD (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 6, 2016
I would say to get it in writing but that doesn't seem to matter since they don't honor their contracts. Four physicians have given notice in the last 5 months and there will be more to follow given the current working conditions. Many of the staff of those physicians have left or are in the process of leaving now. There is a major push to get the numbers up to probably pay for the expansion. Over promising and under delivering is no way to go about getting and keeping a happy work force in the long term. A new policy of getting all new out patients in to see a doctor within 72 hours (no matter the specialty) isn't feasible. Many specialists have a backlog of over 3 months so cramming more patients into an already packed schedule will just depreciate patient care. Don't take my word for it though. Ask around and you will see.
Management is horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 5, 2016
A lot of bullying and nothing done by management. It's all about politics and who you know. There are some vicious people in supervisor and management positions.
Asset to the community
Patient Access Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 18, 2016
Days at work went fast filled with interesting task to do. It was a pleasure to be able to help the people that came through our doors
Good Company
tbd (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 4, 2016
The hospital is very friendly. The pay is very low but they really care about their employees. They management makes a great deal while the rest is underpaid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saratoga Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Saratoga Hospital Reviews by Location