Saratoga Roofing and Construction

Saratoga Roofing and Construction Employee Reviews

If you like being treated badly, and pushed to your limit, then this is the place for you.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2015
Pros: Nice work trucks
Cons: No management support.
At first this company sounds like its a dream come true based on the their motto and code of ethics they claim to have, "Trust, Honor, integrity, God, family, then company". All of that disappears very quickly and now it becomes all about the money, how much can sell and how much can you invoice per month.

Their field workers are required to work 7 days per week even if the work is in town. The work load is beyond excessive, and don't get caught leaving at 5pm because you'll be inundated with reprimanding emails the following day. The average work day is 12+ hours. On weekends you are required to answer your phone and respond to emails within 30 minutes. You are required to share your calendar with the executive team which is no big deal, but.
your calendar needs to be 150% full every week; and if you don't have a completely full calendar, you better be able to explain why you are slacking.

The Management and Executive team have no vision nor do they give direction other than to say " we need more contracts". Constantly cut off by vendors for delinquent payments.

Our field guys call me saying that their hotel reservations were no longer valid because the company credit cards were shut down. I would be forced to use my personal credit card for the hotel rooms so the crew would have somewhere to sleep while they are out of town. The same goes for fuel cards. Its not uncommon to have a crew stranded out of state for a canceled fuel card. Reimbursements usually take about 30 days.

Nepotism? At its best, I have no other words to describe, other than if a family member gets engaged or has a baby, or got the sniffles that week, you better send a nice congratulatory email to them.

There is absolutely zero management support, decade old computers, zero IT support, and ultimately it is a brutal workplace environment.
Christian Based
National Service Quality Control Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 1, 2015
Management is highly driven. Safety and sales are key with Saratoga. Days can be very long but the people are a true pleasure to work with.
Compensation and Benefits are great - That's about all.
Administration (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 26, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: No management direction, No training
The Company had serious potential at one point. Continuous frittering away of finances has resulted in the Company not being able to pay their vendors. Management's solution to that problem was to find more investors and/or borrow more money. Eventually that caught up with the Company and vendor accounts started being frozen or closed, Gas cards being shut off and field technicians not being able to buy fuel, Credit cards being shut off and employees becoming stranded or kicked out of their hotel rooms. All of this mismanagement has led to a company-wide layoff of approximately 15 employees on 05/18/2015.
A day consists of putting out fires and consistent re-direction. Management offers little direction and there are very few processes in place to get tasks completed. Individual employees must figure out the steps to complete their project tasks on their own. Coming in early each day and staying late is expected and passive/aggressive comments are made if employees leave right at 5 pm. Weekend availability is also expected and an employee can expect a reprimand if they are unavailable on the weekends or do not answer their phones on the weekends.
Great Environment
Entry Level CAD Drafter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Saratoga Roofing, I consider them family. They provide you with the resources that you need to be successful in a timely manner, established their vision from day one.
Roofing Laborer
Roofing Laborer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 5, 2015
Pros: received a per diem on each check which was beneficial
Cons: working out of state
Clean work areas and equipment.
Maintain tools and equipment.
Unload materials and tools from work trucks.
Operate lull lift to move material from ground to roof.
Check to ensure that completed roofs are watertight.
Sweep and clean roofs to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials.
Collaborative Culture that Values Autonomy
Operations (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: autonomy, lack of corporate politics, compensation
Cons: work-life balance, no onsite workout facility
A typical day at work includes wearing lots of different hats to solve lots of different problems. By far the most challenging and growth-oriented position I've held at any company.

Top management is a collocation of extreme vision and careful consideration, which can at times be both exhilarating and exasperating! The end result of this combination is great management and solid decision making, which is clearly marked by impressive growth in a short period of time.

Co-workers are friendly and engaging, and contrary to other places I've worked, truly want to see one another succeed. Problems are solved together, often through long hours and late nights.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining boundaries for a healthy work-life balance. Some of us do it well, some of us do not. In the end, it is a personal decision but as other reviewers mentioned, the current company culture rewards long hours, whether intentional or not.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the autonomy and flexibility to create my own growth path and to truly see my fingerprints on some of the successes of the organization.

The Company absolutely believes in promoting from within and nearly everyone around me has held at least one other role than their current position. I would recommend Saratoga Roofing & Construction to anyone looking to break out of the corporate bubble and be in charge of their career success story.
Unorganized development and direction for employees
Operations Department (Former Employee), Edmond, OKSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: poor direction with rapid changes, no job security
Was given goals and projects to develop and work towards, promised promotions and laid off shortly after with no reasonable explanation. The company markets as very ethical and Christian based although the behind the scenes expectations and treatment of employees is poor. Poor training, communication, no job security and HIGH turnover.

January 14, 2015

No training, long hours, under appreciated. Says they are Christian based but not true. Extremely high turnoer of great employees.

Installer
Installer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 16, 2014
While at this employment I was in charge of building a roof and everything that it involves such as framing, waterproofing, shingle and tile installation.
Expanding and learning in a growing environment
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 16, 2013
Pros: pay for training, flexible schedules
Cons: long hours, no stocks, and undeveloped
Saratoga Roofing and Construction is a company that has great values and morals. The organization is Christian based and family oriented. A typical day varies but one day I could be going to a variety of job sites to do safety audits . The other days I could be assisting in training OSHA 10 classes, working in insurances cases, DOT compliance, developing polices and procedures, setting up occupational medical clinics or working on different process to mitigate hazards. The co-workers are very personable and go out of their way to get to know you. The most difficult part about the job is that is a fairly new company so things are moving quickly at all new developments. The most enjoyable part is that there is opportunity to grow at a fast pace and that no day is the same.

January 14, 2015

The above author obviously is not aware of genuine of what really great values are. For a company that "honors God," sorry, they honor the god of this world as they cheat people out of money and lie to get what they want. They do not honor the family life of their employees or their employees for that matter. Applicant beware. If you do not want a life outside of this company, you will fit in well,

PM
PM (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 8, 2013
I absolutely love my job and the people that I work with. The only part of the job that is not truly satisfying is working seven days a week.
Very hard company to work for. Two many chiefs and enough indians.
Hired on as safety manager and project manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2013
Very disorganized company to work for. Value of work ethics is very poor. Promises not kept. Poor work standards.
Toxic culture
ee (Former Employee), okcJuly 22, 2012
No consistancy of processes, no family life balance. Does not live their values, sells a great line then moves on to the next target, leaving you to fend for yourself. No leadership and no trust.

About Saratoga Roofing and Construction

Saratoga Roofing & Construction is a forward thinking, team oriented, tech savvy company and we are looking for the best and – Read more

Saratoga Roofing and Construction Salaries