Sarku Japan Employee Reviews

It is a good first job, but not recommended for the long term
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32504November 6, 2017
There is little chance for advancement, so staying long term isn't recommended. However, the hours are consistent and the pay is acceptable, so working here is about the same as with any other fast food restaurant.
Pros
Free lunches
Fast pace and a lot of cooking
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 12, 2017
Weekdays are usually slow and weekends are always busy. No weekends off unless you request. Fast paced job. Cooking is the main thing to do there. You cook on a large grill (teppanyaki style) but more of a fast food way. Free meals. Management wasn't so good, the manager was lazy and slack off a lot. Also, breaking frozen chicken in the morning is an everyday task. The pay was decent, you get raised 50 cents every year but they should pay cookers more than cashiers. Other than that, it was a stable job and a good experience.
Pros
Free meals, 1 week vacation pay, stable job
Cons
No weekends off, management, cookers should get pay more
good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 10, 2017
we are on of the busiest place in our mall, I learned more about costumer service, how to be quick, multitask, make sushi and other stuff. manager is really nice and I like him for management. one of the hardest parts of this job is learning how to be patient with some of the customers, but its so satisfying seeing them happy and coming back as a regular customer.
Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJune 28, 2017
As a cashier, you would have to task yourself with everything that involved the front. Any customer problem would have to be dealt with by you and you would have to rush in every task.
Good for a starting job
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMay 8, 2017
Its a Good job to get after graduation but if you want yo get more money you need to be able to put in more hrs. Its a Great working place but you have to be quick or else you are gonna havw a rough time getting along
Pros
Free lunches, payed vacations
Cons
No time for my personal life
stereotype environment
Prep/Server (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 28, 2017
stereotype environment. Was not my first choice but I was new to the city and needed a job. overall it was a decent job but I would not want a career out of it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good work environment
Hibachi Chef (Former Employee) –  Ft. Walton Beach, FLApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at Sarku Japan, it was definitely a new change when it comes to fast food. At first its difficult especially with customers watching you prepare their meal right in front of them. It became fun once i got the hang of it. I was treated as a valuable member to the team, because of how fast i learned and needed through desperate measures.
Fun environment, but very fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 4, 2017
Sarku's main goal is to be able to just get the customers their food as fast as possible, and giving out positive customer service. It's also a very mixed work environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management organization
good
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 21, 2017
everyday prep the chicken and other items. restock everything.make sure the flatop is warm and heated to prepare food for customers.hardest part of the job is when it gets really busy. the enjoyable part is doing tricks with the spatulas
Pros
free lunch
Cons
customers complain
fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78238February 28, 2017
Fast paced environment with harsh management, too intense and feeling overworked. Employees are being judged on a very difficult set of rules.
productive
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I loved working at this job because it was constantly a busy work environment and I always had something to do.The staff that trained me were very welcoming and helpful when I needed it,I also learned how to make sushi so that was a fun experience.
Pros
busy environment
Cons
customers complained alot
Mentally and physically tiring
General Manager (Current Employee) –  VAFebruary 20, 2017
I've worked with this company for over 3 years as a manager, helping open new store front locations. Pay isn't great and long hours are required, this company is a Chinese company, and I've felt racial discrimination during my time working here.
Pros
Free meals, sometimes free apartment
Cons
too systematic
There is no pleasure at all
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MADecember 16, 2016
One thing that I can't stand is My manager always sat there played her cell phone all the time and She told she was talking with senior manager.

My co-workers are Gambler play cash word or lottery everytime when they got the pay check and they did awful service to the customers.

"Treat your customers like God" I like this sentence.
But in the this place ? Who knows ?
ok place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 14, 2016
really fast environment, benefits.

not to bad to work for the only trouble is the overtime hours can be like 30 overtime hours in a week.......................
Sarkura Japan
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 12, 2016
My days at Sarku Japan was not so good. I learned how to react to rude customers, and any kind of customers who come to me. The co-workers was neutral.
Productive and fun workplace with nice employees
Casheir (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CaNovember 18, 2016
I had a really great time there. The pay and hours were good. It would be fast paced on weekends and on the weekdays, we would have rushes certain times of the day. It was never boring. The management worked with your availability.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 20, 2016
co-worker joyful, hardest part when it gets super busy its hard to take a break. Manger sometimes had a ugly attitude . nice enviorment depending on who i was working with . Hated working alone just with the manger but she sat most of the times .
Pros
free lunch, happy enivorment
Cons
short breaks
productive place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FL 33511May 27, 2016
Sarku Japan is a very good place to work its fun managers are awesome .costumer are very nice . pay is not so good but its a great place very productive and interesting
Pros
fun, productive low pay but hours a great
Cons
low pay .
Coworkers were really helpful but manager did not reach limits to be manager
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 8, 2016
Sarku Japan was my first job and enjoyed working there only because coworkers were really helpful.i learned how to work at a very fast pace because manager was always there behind us making sure we do things fast.The hardest part of the job was to multitask but eventually i overcome it.
Productive fast past work enviornment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 27, 2015
A typical day at work included the normal prep work which i performed everyday. I occasionally cooked and was sent out front to help serve customers. I basically helped out everywhere. The coworkers were mostly enjoyable to work with. I didn't really find anything hard about the job but the most enjoyable part was being able to move from different stations and learn new and different things about food service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sarku Japan. Our community is ready to answer.