Sasco Employee Reviews

Good place to work. Only downfall, no career advancement opportunities.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJOctober 10, 2017
Must like small office atmosphere in close contact with coworkers. Not bad place to work. Coworkers support one another when needed. As in all or most small offices your actions are more closely monitored than a corporate larger office even so it can feel like home and coworkers as family which is a plus.
Pros
Great bosses who truly care for employees!
Cons
Small office, no room for advancement.
Terrible work environment and people backdoor you every chance they get.
N/A (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 21, 2017
This is a terrible place to work, no family culture and they don't care if you want to go see your kids game, plays you name it, they just care about working you to the bone., They check when you clock in and out, and when you get back from lunch, right down to the second. All employees are cut throat as well as management. The worst several years of my career.
Pros
Not anything to mention
Cons
Too many to mention
friendly, helpful team
PROJECT ANCHOR (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 30, 2017
construction management is an ever changing job. day to day changes in the schedule affected by the weather as by the design team associated with your project. however, being a part of a team of coworkers sharing that frustration and helping to move forward is rewarding as we celebrate overcoming the challenges - a raised cup of coffee or a pat on the back help make the day a success SASCO does tend to train by the sink or swim method - but there are lifeguards and safety vests available if you ask
Pros
bonus based on merit and performance
Cons
not made aware of advancement opportunitied
Productive, great work comaradarie
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 17, 2017
Excellent project costing mechanisms. Great purchasing strength and a culture of promotion from within. Strong field staffing as well as administrative support.
Very streamlined and processed approach to projects
Program Manager, Primary (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 8, 2017
My short time at Sasco was valuable to see what a tight run organization can really look like. Sasco's personnel are experienced, knowledgeable and professional, every day of the week
Productive and professional workplace.
Site Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Working for Sasco was an enjoyable experience. I learned a fair amount of information about telecommunications and power lines. I spent my days on the computer using google earth and other software to select sites to improve cell service.
benefits
Cons
no job security
A small company, dedicated to the quality of their product. I enjoyed working for them, but it wasn't for everybody. It was a long time ago.
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 19, 2016
My week started at 3:30am on a Tuesday, and ended at 10:30 or 11:00pm, on Thursday, air mid day on Friday.
Mondays I helped around the plant, if the truck didn't require maintenance. I helped fill orders, or do various repairs as needed to the facility. Unloaded trucks. Coordinated with the office, as far as any special instructions for the week, and exchange reciepts for cash, if it wasn't done the previous Friday.
I made deliveries to many Universities in the 6 state region I travelled. I also made deliveries to numerous serum production facilities, and Bio Research companies.
The cargo was perishable, and strict schedules had to be maintained, to provide prompt delivery of as high as quality product, as possible.
Pros
My own boss, for the most part. I was the face for the company, and responsible for it's reputation.
Cons
Long hours. Long years. Pay was probably less then it should of been, but I was not in a field that could be compared to mauch else at the time.
Finalize redline marks to the CAD system.
Project Engineer/CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 17, 2015
1. Prepare final drawings per redline marking by field personnel.
2. Prepare assembly instructions on some local parts produce by shop department.
Education
Programme Director and Curriculum Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodsville CloseMay 12, 2015
Setting up a centre was a great experience for me. Created some programmes for SASCO Enrichment centre. Programmes included age group from 4 through 16.
enjoyable workplace
Billing Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 12, 2014
• Generated monthly bills to customers with million-dollar contracts
• Produced all the necessary documents in timely and accurately according to billing regulations to prevent rejected bills
• Communicated with branch managers, branch administrators for billing issues
Pros
received bonuses twice a year, excellent health insurance
minorities have tuff
SUPERVISOR FIELD FOREMAN/TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 10, 2014
If your are african american its very difficult to work here.
Never a dull moment
Helpdesk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 20, 2014
Start at 6am go thru Helpdesk emails
Contact users requesting support
As users come into work make sure there needs are meet
Paged, phone calls, emails of users needing my help
Work on new system projects
Over look my Helpdesk personal and assist if needed
Write up tickets for all issues (walk by, email, phone calls, etc.)
Work with Management on there needs
Assist System and Network Administrators (great people to work with)
The hardest part of the Job is knowing how the company lets go of people with out verbal or written warnings. One day they are here next day the users are gone that includes me
So many people and different race, great to work with and the same thoughts as me.... fear of being let go.
Beware of this company
Punching bag (Current Employee) –  Ca, CAFebruary 6, 2013
I'm still employed at this company. Company is in complete disarray. Management constantly harasses and intimidates. For example, one of the senior-level managers makes it a point to inform everyone he owns firearms and is a black belt in some martial art. He does this before he literally gets within 6 inches of your nose screaming obscenities because you did not produce the results he wanted on a pet project of his. It's more like working in a Gulag than a progressive modern company. There is an underlying fear of being fired throughout the entire company. If I didn't need the money and if the economy wasn't so horrible, I would have walked a long time ago. I probably will walk soon anyway.
Data Installer
Low Voltage Installer (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CaJanuary 6, 2013
Amazing work crew. Foremen's made the difference in the team. Always getting deadlines done right on time. co-workers were always helping each other out. learning something from someone everyday
Fast paced environment
Director of Administration (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 18, 2012
I do everything involved with running an Office. Payroll, accounts payable receivable and new hires/terminations
Productive and fun working invironment
Construction Wireman (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 8, 2012
I enjoyed working for this company they treat you right and i couldnt complain about the overtime .Everything i did at that jobsite was new to me and it was a great experience . the most enjoyable part of the job was watching everything come together.
Pros
free lunches on saturdays .
Cons
we got all of our breaks on time
Being a small office I worked independently of others.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, NJAugust 28, 2012
Worked a regular day with little or no supervision. As long as accounts and vendors were handled satisfactory, I scheduled
my own time.
Also responsible for incoming orders and making certain they are
forwarded to accounts overseas.
Pros
dealt with many interesting people.
secure company, good reputation
Project Management (Current Employee) –  FullertonAugust 13, 2012
Great group of people to work with, company recognizes loyalty and hard work and rewards accordingly.
Good place to work.
Design Checker (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OhioJune 10, 2012
excelent working conditions and friendly employees. unfortunately this company is now out of business.
Helpful in the way they personally work
CW6 (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 10, 2012
Did minor things Due to my label as a CW6.. Could not show them my true potential
Cons
job was far, low pay