Sasol North America Employee Reviews in United States

Loved working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
This was my first job in the petrochemical O&G arena and I loved it. I learned a ton as they often provided a high level of training. They do have an unorthodox why of utilizing their ERP system (SAP), but the people they employ are intelligent and friendly.
Pros
good pay and location
Cons
non-standard use of SAP
Good work atmosphere.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk/ Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 29, 2015
Good Work atmosphere and challenging work environment. Interesting research and development work. Good salaries and flexible schedule if needed.
Pros
Dupont Schedule with 7 straight days off a month.
Cons
Oil industry is unstable and unpredictable.
Questionable Management
SENIOR DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2015
The management of the IT group puts more emphasis and appreciates and values more socializing as opposed to true work performance.
Sasol Review
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2015
Sasol is a great place to work; however, due to slowing economy,my job may be in jeopardy,therefore, I am looking for other opportunities. Sasol has flex hours, great work atmosphere, great benefits.
Pros
great benefits, flex hours
Cons
layoffs frequently
Growing fast
US Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
The operations are growing very quickly, probably quicker than what can be handled by the existing staff. There have been a lot of changes and I would say most have been for the best.

Upper mobility can be challenging given this is a subsidiary of a foreign company.

As with most multinational companies decisions can take longer to be made.

Local mgmt and culture is good, but interaction with parent company can be challenging at times.

The company is making significant investments here locally, I believe it is an up and coming organization.
Is a good company to work for.
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2014
Is a good company to work for, but they are outsourcing various sectors.
good place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 15, 2014
good job benefits those in charge were good knowlegeable people up till they sold the company to a foregine interest
Research and Development
Associate Research Chemist (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 8, 2014
•Helped to develop, characterize and analyze a coating that could be used for deicing, through particle sizing, FT-IR, and SEM.
•Assisted in developing an alumina dispersion for gas diffusion barriers in plastic bottles.
•Performed characterizations on different aluminum using carbon analysis, NMR, per cent solids, total suspended solids, and dispersability through centrifuge.
•Completed a campaign for a new product that resulted in the company making $2 milllion
•Organized critical training for the entire Research and Development department
•Recertified Drytec spray and 75 gallon Pfaudler reactor for the Process Development Lab
Fast pace working environment.
HR Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2014
Supportive management and co-workers. Fun working environment.
Productive & fun place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2014
Challenging work environment with an abundance of new opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
very productive and up and coming global oil and gas company.
Cons
old school processes, quickly becoming more innovative as a result of the speedy company growth & new staff.
Very good work environment, team approach to goals achievement
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2013
Successful firm with great future growth projected. Effective global management.
Sssol has a very friendly work environment
Business Analyst / Investment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2013
- Economic and financial modeling
- Business and market intelligence work
Sasol was an enjoyable place to work and I was fortunate to work with an array of diverse and qualified individuals.
Waste Water Treatment Operator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LAFebruary 4, 2013
A typical day at work started at 4:30 am with shift change. After making relief and being updated on any abnormal unit conditions or process equipment that was taken out of or put in service on the previous shift, we would have a brief shift meeting. After the meeting I would make a round and check all process equipment and depending on what the maintenance turn over list had, prepare any process equipment that was to be worked on that day. After making my initial round, I collected any daily, weekly or quartely quality and or environmental samples that were required. Some of the samples for the waste water unit and feed streams I ran myself and others were sent to Sasol's in house lab or sent to various outside contract labs.
During the course of my duties at Sasol, I often worked with various other employees such as other process technicians, maintenance, and engineering personnel. I found working with these employees to be both challenging and rewarding. When troubleshooting process problems employees from the aformentioned work groups would often work together with each group providing their own unique insight and abilities in hopes of solving the problem. With many different ideas from personnel from many different backgrounds, coming up with a unified soluition was at times challenging, but rewarding as well. In working closely with personnel from diverse professional and personal backgrounds, I have developed unique insights into troubleshooting and teamworking principles that I could not have attained by working solo.
Environmental Co-op (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 17, 2012
Every day of my work at SASOL was a learning experience. Staffs were very helpful and supportive who helped me with everything I needed as a Co-Op.

4.2