Sasol

Sasol Employer Reviews

productive and informative company
senior process artisan (Current Employee), Secunda, MPMarch 8, 2014
Pros: gifts for motivation
Cons: long working hours
safety is my top priority and to think before we act on the day to day job to avoid injuries. i have learned over the years that a chance favours the prepared mind so having said that i am always prepared for challenges ahead. Management find it easy and effective way of achiving goals, if communication with employees and involvement in decision making – more... takes place. i have always enjoyed working with people, i had the honour of acting as foreman on shutdown and it was quite a fruitful experience but i like it cause i learned a lot from people by exchanging ideas.the hardest part is getting to the rotation of shifts but other than that my job is one of the best. – less
a Very good International Company
Crane Coordinator (Former Employee), Secunda South-AfricaSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: good recognition rate
Cons: not much growth to be promoted
Well focused on Safety of employees and contractors
Sasol is not just a Company its a Community

Hardest part of the job is dealing with subordinates that doesn't care about their work

the most enjoyable is to see hard work completed
productive
millwright (Current Employee), Secunda, MPSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: monthly incentive bonus
Cons: management
a good company to work for, learned to br patient.. co workers are excellent..hardest part is not visible at a moment..enjoy the working with the one of the best teams i ever met.. they can handle pressure.
Friendly, employee and safety focus environment.
Technical Officer (Current Employee), Secunda, MPSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: exceptable working hours
Cons: heavy loads of work for a small team
During my daily working hours there is a variety of responsibilities and interaction with different role players and stake holders on over 30 projects.

Exciting and a full interesting day with lots of activities including project discussions, meetings, audits, squad checks, traveling and daily administration work.

Management is always friendly, involved – more... and helpful. Me and my co-workers forms a close team and supporting each other in the large amounts of EOJ coming in on daily base. This is enjoyable to work closely with my team mates and project teams. Everyone does his/her part and assist where ever information and actions are required.

There is not really any hard part or energy draining part of my job accept heavy loads and deadlines. – less
job work/life balance
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), Rosebank, ECSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: 30 minutes
the company was properly structured and the culture was a little difficult to adapt to in the beginning
lack of proper training, and had to rely on fellow colleagues to gain knowledge.
great balance of work load
instrument mechanician (Former Employee), Secunda, MPSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good working hours. good benefits.
Cons: not always fair in terms of diversity
Sasol is a great company to work for. There is always a lot to learn and always people willing to teach. Very safety minded company.
Room for change in diversity at management level
it is a good place to learn about your work as it has one of the biggest supply chain
Buyer (Current Employee), Rosebank, GPSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits e.g medical aid
Cons: long working hours
my typical day at work is making sure that i place all my orders correctly and make sure that delivery takes place on time.

i learned that in every thing you do, you need to do your best and put your mind to it. i learned to network and negotiate

my co-workers are very helpful, team players and encouraging

the hardest past was the pressure that came – more... with the job, meeting deadlines. But that kept me on my tose.

the most enjoyable part was negitiating, knowing that i am saving my company money. – less
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 4, 2014
I have learned that Service / Support does not only apply to a SALES driven environment but also normal working environments providing support to Team members and Managers.
The team I am invoved in is very professional and allows me to make my inputs without any fear.
Principal Chemist (Current Employee), Secunda, MPSeptember 4, 2014
WE receive samples from the plant on regular or request basis,. The reason for the sample to be brought in is explained and what neeed to be accomplished. Then a suitable method is chosen to finfd the solution.
All this has to start form the manger who then duistribute the work am,ongst us depending on the work load. We share ideas on the best possible – more... way of analysis.
Sometimes there is no straaight forward way of solving hence a little bit of thinking is needed.
It is fullfiling to know that you have found the solution for the plant and especially when there are no complaints after your report is submitted – less
Productivity
Communications intern (Former Employee), Sasolburg, FSAugust 30, 2014
was a great organisation to work for and the work environment was wonderful. management and employees engagement is highly ranked.
Productive and value driven company
Lead Practitioner: Learning (Current Employee), Secunda, MPAugust 27, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: management not clear and very little communication recieved
Administration of Learning Management system and Business system training. (SAP and MS Office training). Create e-learning courses on SAP for employees to access. Daily reports on training done per request. Learned what learning is all about and it is the employees own responsibility to develop in the company. Management that know what is going on in – more... your daily duties give good imputs. Good relationships with peers. To meet a milestone is very important and it feels good. Train fellow employees to work on SAP. – less
Productive and very nice place to work
Principle Planner Assistant (Current Employee), Secunda, MPAugust 26, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: sometimes the attitude of some of the people
Busy with all that must be planned and done
Learned a lot about people and the plant
Me and my co-workers worked together
Nothings to hard - likes a challenge
Favourable to change
Everything that i've learned
Sasol strive towards being a high performance culture living the set values
Administration (Current Employee), Rosebank, GPAugust 26, 2014
Sasol values their employees well being with emphasis on its set values.
Very dynamic workplace
Principal Practitioner SHE (Current Employee), Secunda, Mpumalanga, South AfricaAugust 25, 2014
Pros: lots of training and courses
Cons: not a very competitive salary
Good company to work for and I gained an invaluable amount of Safety related experience and knowledge however there are limited career advancement opportunities available within the organization.
productive workplace
training practitioner (Current Employee), Secunda, MPAugust 22, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: pressure at times
learned a lot and deal with diferent people and different cultures.
importance of adhering to procedure
importance of rules
no hardest part as i am doing a job i like
i enjoy my job as a whole
Challenging work environment within a dynamic company
Vacation Work (Former Employee), Secunda, MPAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits and very competitive salaries
Cons: restructuring, job loses
Sasol is the global leader in CTL technology. It can be expected that you will be challenged in this company seeing that they are at the forefront of innovation and therefor expect their employees to be as well. The relationship between workers, managers etc. is very good and you will feel part of the Sasol family. Co-workers are friendly and helpful – more... and the company is well-managed. – less
it was a new thing for me
Forecourt Attendant (Former Employee), Umtata, ECAugust 21, 2014
i learnt new things about cars and not just drive one.
checked oil, tire pressure and water and all that had to be done quick
Tasks at work
Instrumentation Artisan (Current Employee), Sasol PolymersAugust 20, 2014
Perform day to day maintenance on Instrumentation equipment (Pressure, Level, Flow, Temperature, Density, Turbidity, Ph, Conductivity, Weight and Tubing).
Perform maintenance on Instrumentation Control systems (Delta-v, Plc).
Calibrate, maintain and care of Instrumentation equipment.
Do fault finding, inspection and scoping on various type of Instrumentation – more... equipment.
Do Trip testing and ISO calibrations.
Read and understand all relevant drawing (P&ID, MFD, Line drawing, Ladder logic and Specification sheets).
Working accordingly to the OHS Act, Permit to work system and SSP (Sasol site procedures).
Training of Apprentice’s.
Do first line standby duties.
Work overtime when required to do so. – less
Family Environment
Instrument Senior Technician (Current Employee), Secunda, MPAugust 18, 2014
I always feel happy to come to work because you learn many things at this place and everyday you meet people who are very technical.
the hards part about this job it that you have to meet strict dealines and the most enjoyable part is that you meet friendly co-workers wo are willing to help.
Fun workplace with crazy people that are always cheerful
Learning Practitioner (Current Employee), Secunda, MPAugust 7, 2014
Pros: training of staff in order to be up to date with the current working environment
Cons: projext phoenix
Fun workplace with a manager that is willing to assist us and ensuring that we are developed. I have been working with people who were willing to assist and were always there for you. The hardest part of this job is when the HR send learners that are sick and waiting to be discharged to the centre to study. The most enjoyable part is when you see your – more... learners achieving their goals. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sasol

Sasol is an energy and chemicals company. Sasol adds value to coal, oil and gas reserves, using these feedstocks to make liquid – Read more