Satellite Housing and Affordable Housing Associates have joined forces to become Satellite Affordable Housing Associates (SAHA). We are proud to harness sixty six years of combined experience and innovation to provide homes and services to low-income residents throughout the Bay Area. With fifty eight existing properties and nineteen in development, SAHA will increase its impact as a compassionate community-based nonprofit.
As a member of SAHA’s finance team, the Controller is responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, and related reporting activities and will work closely with the CFO on reports to the Board of Directors.
The Controller will lead all day-to-day accounting operations and directly supervise a staff of two, the Accounting Manager and Asset Manager. The Controller has functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and grant accounting and is responsible for the overall performance of the accounting department which consists of ten staff members.
The Controller will ensure that SAHA has the internal controls, systems and procedures in place to support effective operations and safeguard assets. The Controller will work closely with department directors and staff, both to provide information on finance and accounting procedures and to explore how the finance function can support operations and best utilize IT systems.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: To view entire qualifications and responsibilities, please refer to the job description found at: http://sahahomes.org - Apply for Jobs
- Minimum seven to ten years of accounting and finance management experience
- Experience in multi-site accounting budgeting and audits
- Experience in either Real Estate or nonprofit accounting
- Experience with HUD, Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, and other affordable housing funding programs as they relate to finance and regulatory compliance
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills with ability to effectively present information.
- Must have the ability to interpret HUD and other documents, write reports, handle correspondence, and write procedure manuals
- Must have understanding of the affordable housing development finance process
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook); proficiency with Yardi accounting and property management software with advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Must have ability to effectively supervise staff, team build, train and coach others
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously in a timely manner
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads the accounting team; inspires and holds staff accountable for a high level of performance, team work and customer service; implements staff development and training programs to maximize staff performance and reach organizational goals
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements
- Analyzes financial data and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicates financial results both internally and externally, keeps leadership informed about SAHA’s financial status
- Supports the CFO with the preparation of the corporate budget
- Participates in the property budget and planning process; ensures budget timeline and goals are met and reviews all financial plans
- Oversees and ensures that all audits are completed on a timely basis for the various entities and for new project cost certifications.
- Develops, implements, and maintains internal controls and procedures that provide fiscal control and safeguarding of assets; documents procedures in accounting policies and procedures manual
- Provides cash flow reporting
- Performs mid-term and year 15 updates to financial projections for tax credit properties
- Maintains and tracks the invested assets and investment performance in keeping with policies and investment guidelines; responsible for ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations, including tax compliance; and for ensuring proper completion and ongoing compliance with all IRS and EDD reporting requirements
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Compensation: $90,000 and up DOE
To apply: Submit cover letter and résumé to the link provided. Please indicate “Controller” in the subject header of all e-mails.
Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.