Satellite Housing and Affordable Housing Associates recently merged to become Satellite Affordable Housing Associates (SAHA). In merging the two organizations, SAHA will continue to unite talented staff and strong portfolios, diversify lines of business, and decrease competition for limited funding for new developments.
Under the direction of the Property Supervisor, the Property Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the SALHAP Cluster properties in Berkeley. As Property Manager for this area, you will oversee a total of eight scattered-site properties and the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained building within established management operating and fiscal policies, as well as ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies and investors. This includes developing within the property a supportive environment for all residents, managing onsite staff and their duties and interacting with and supervising vendors/contractors.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications - To view entire qualifications and responsibilities, please refer to the job description found at: http://sahahomes.org- Apply for Jobs
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years supervisory experience, ability to team build, train and coach others
- Current Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) or attainment within six months of hire.
- Current tax credit certification or attainment within six months of hire.
- Prior affordable housing property management experience as an Assistant Manager or Property Manager a plus
- Knowledge of landlord-tenant law and procedures with ability to comprehend HUD manuals and industry publications
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Emergency Management Systems, including safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of building maintenance systems
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds, de-escalation and conflict resolution skills a plus
- Must be able to receive & follow through on information/instructions provided over the phone, via e-mail and in person, while management is not on site
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, high attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple functions in a timely manner
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write routine reports/correspondence and strong verbal presentation skills with the ability to speak effectively before groups of residents or staff
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), knowledge of Yardi software is a plus
- CA Driver's License with reasonable means of transportation required
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises performance of all staff assigned to the property
- Conducts goal setting, planning, and evaluations, ensuring staff adheres to organization-wide personnel policies & procedures, including safety practices
- Ensures that the property is maintained physically to meet the standards set by both REAC and the organization
- Ensures all vacant apartment turnover procedures are followed, consistent with the organization's standards and the property's budgetary goals and limitations
- Prepares written recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements, improvements, supplies, material and equipment to Property Supervisor as needed
- Maintains occupancy by anticipating vacancies, adhering to Waiting List procedures and selection policies in compliance with Federal, State, Local, Regulatory, and SAHA's requirements
- Conducts all certification and recertification interviews as necessary & that all resident files are accurate and current
- Ensures rent is collected, takes appropriate steps to enforce payments, daily deposits of all money collected & is responsible for receipt of and entry of all payables for each site, in accordance with Property Management & Accounting procedures
- Reviews the monthly rent roll to ensure that the property security deposits, rents, move in dates, etc., are accurate
- Reviews the property's monthly income and expense statement and reports any areas considered a problem to Property Supervisor
- Responsible for receipt of and entry of all payables for each site.
- Keeps Yardi Property Management and Accounting software up-to-date
- Provides initial draft of annual site budget, prepares and submits end of the month reports, both for submission to the Property Supervisor by the established deadline
- Promotes harmonious relations among residents, staff, vendors, and the larger community & interacts effectively with Service Coordinator in resolving resident issues and concerns
- Adheres to Fair Housing, Equal Employment and Equal Housing Opportunity requirements
- Manages resident evictions in compliance with court order and directions from the organization's legal counsel or Property Supervisor
- Convenes & chairs Town Hall Meetings in accordance with the organization standards and requirements
- Interacts effectively with Service Coordinator staff in resolving resident issues and concerns
- Exercises good judgment, consistency, and self-control in day-to-day contact with residents, and provides direct assistance and direction during after-hours emergencies
- Performs additional duties as assigned by management
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and résumé to the link provided. Please indicate “Job # 1015 Property Manager – SALHAP Cluster” in the subject header of all e-mails.
Compensation: $45,000 and up DOE
Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Satellite Housing and Affordable Housing Associates recently merged to become Satellite Affordable Housing Associates (SAHA). In merging...