Satellite Healthcare Employee Reviews

excellent care and outcomes
PCT, Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILNovember 9, 2017
very in tune with staff and pt needs. true to mission statement and people focused. culture of care prevelant in all aspects. patients thrive with this system.
Not a good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CASeptember 28, 2017
The manager I worked for was an alcoholic and pill popper she would go and get drunk with the territorial manager during business hours. Sad place to work.
Pros
Technicians were good people
Cons
Management is horrible
Room for improvement
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAAugust 14, 2017
There needs to be more room for growth within the company that is fair. Sadly, the pay for dialysis tech is pretty low. Long days make for long, tiresome weeks. Some managers need major improvements.
Pros
Short work weeks
Cons
No career advancement. management, low pay.
Worst Company
RN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2017
Have been in dialysis 15 years and absolutely the worst place I've ever worked. Lots of travelers because they couldn't keep staff. Manager and clinical coordinator lazy and couldn't be found most the time. Clinic run by nasty techs who spent most of their day gossiping and trying to find ways to undermine nursing staff. Truly horrible.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Bad management, long hours
Great benefits, staff, and patients.
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 17, 2017
Even though it's a smaller company, Satellite offers the most competitive benefits and wages in the industry. I feel better working for a non-profit organization, like Satellite, than a for-profit. Patients are satisfied, and their outcomes are better than ever. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, pay, bonus opportunities.
CCHT (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 18, 2017
Great team work wonderful and fair cm, great work family envirinment.
Pay is decent long hours but thats dialysis
Very very nice company to work for !!
Pros
Early mornings
good place to work
Front End/ UI Developer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 19, 2017
Its a good place to work but the thing is the more experienced you are the more stress you will face..So for me i am unable to balance my work life but i will recommend it to my friends and its a good place to improve your skill
nepotism is rampant
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 9, 2017
This is a place to start or end a career. The top management did have a tendency to hire from their own gene pool and everyone seemed to stay in their current position but that's about it.
Most unethical management and behavior.
Employee (Former Employee) –  NevadaApril 18, 2017
I was asked to do unethical things. Definately detrimentl to patients. Like not report critical labs, not culture drainage, etc. Upper management saw a discrepancy between what I said and clinic manager said. This was never investigated or problem solved. It was all about medi/medi reimbursement. So sad.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor, poor, poor management. No support for staff.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 12, 2017
Satellite is a good work place environment. Coworkers are helpful and management gives you a positive vibe. Going to work everyday and doing your job over and over only gives you more education and perfection on how to deliver patient care and safety

Want to know more about Satellite Healthcare?

Ask a question
family atmosphere
Corporate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2017
There is great work life balance and wonderful 401K match.
There is a lot of room for advancement if you are a clinician.
The corporate office is located at Santana Row!
Pros
Great people
Cons
compensation
The best Dialysis Clinic in town of Modesto Coffee Rd, Ca.
CCHT (Current Employee) –  Modesto, Coffee Rd.February 20, 2017
Working to this company for 15 years now and but I started to couple different clinic, I love all my co workers we work as a team, We treat our Pts. as our customers. We make time to our Pts, make them laugh to exercise their Jaws and Lungs. Awesome management, No hard job on this Clinic because we work as a team,This is the best place to work and most enjoyable co workers.
Pros
well recomended
A good place to work with great employees
Registered Nurse- Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 3, 2017
A good opportunity to experience management of a 24 chair Dialysis Center. Worked with a great team to move Quality outcomes to a exceptional level over 5 years.
Pros
independence in managiing and ability to move clinic into high QAPI reults for my patients
Cons
low pto accurral
Cash Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 2, 2017
very unorganized was not happy with the direction / and leadership of what job duties that I was trained for. Communication was not good with management
Be prepared to work 17+ hours a day
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mueller Loc, Austin, TxFebruary 2, 2017
Understaffed
Management doesn't care about staff safety
Good pay and benefits
NO RULES FOR PT'S!! Not safe for staff, very non-compliant pt's.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Insanely long work days, mandatory OT, Supervisors are not good at managing anything
Great group of people to work with!
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2017
I enjoy working at Satellite and am thankful that I was selected to join their team! My manager and co-workers all pitch in to get the job done. The patient's are usually really great as well.
Fun and Progressive company
Territory Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2016
Work space is very inviting for all positions in the company. The Texas territory is growing advancing health care in the process.
Personal Growth in Education Management
Adv Home Therapies Nurse HHD Expert Staff Educator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 31, 2016
Creativity was always encouraged. as well as, being a self-starter. The Executive Leadership Team has made many changes in the last two years and the company is growing. Large potential for career growth with this company.
They Stole Money From Me!
RN (Former Employee) –  Austin,October 25, 2016
I'm sure the rest of the company is not like this. They used to make us work 15-18 hour days even when we weren't on call. Their response was, "hey its acutes thats what we do." Now Austin Texas is a super cool place to live and be a young person. You know when you have a gut feeling that management is shady before you have any evidence? Well, I should have trusted my gut. When I left they didn't pay me for my last week and reversed my previous two week check and took the mooney out of my checking acount. Yeah, they stole money from me. So I filed a claim with the Texas Workforce Commission and they made Satellite pay me my back wages. The lesson my friends is stick up for yoursel and don't let a company take advantage of you.
Pros
Ausin is an awesome city!!!
Cons
Read above
good place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 10, 2016
Very fast paste, multi tasking company. Great co-workers and patients. I have learned a lot about the dialysis community working with this company over 4 years now and counting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Satellite Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8