Satellites Unlimited Inc.

Satellites Unlimited Inc. Employee Reviews

Hope you enjoy becoming a salesman
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kosciusko, MSJanuary 18, 2017
Worked for them for 8 months, money was decent until they cut pay by 23% some jobs got a 50% cut, if you don't peddle their products then they will cherry pick to jobs you get which hurts your bottom line, be at first job at 7 am and go home when last job is complete, could be as late as midnight, then get up and do it again.
Pros
Cons
The company as a whole
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSOctober 27, 2016
long hours no time at home. The office pushed sales more than customer needs or customer satisfaction. You got your pay raises based on the amount of sales you did.
Productive Workplace
Satellite Technician/Calibrated Trainer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 1, 2016
Satellites Unlimited is a great company to work for. They strive to be the lead dog and push their employees to develop the same mentality. Great owner. Really strives to take care of every employee that works there.
Closed on Murfreesboro Rd
Service Coordinator and Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 13, 2016
I was a server at Ocharleys and it soon it closed after I worked there, I was a server and helped out in the kitchen.

it was a good company to work for, it was started by a family in Nashville and they make all of their food in their local facility in Nashville TN.
fun place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJune 22, 2016
hardest part of the job working in the rain. management very helpful. co-workers very fun and helpful to work with. i learned all about installing and trouble shooting television. enjoyable part of the job would have to be the people you work with their awesom
Horrible
skilled installation technician (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, ALMarch 28, 2016
This is a revolving door company,thier always hiring because they can't find many people to do this type of work for the low pay they offer the owners and managers are extremely greedy and like to keep you stressed out all the time just ask yourself why are they always hiring ??:THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE A LAST RESORT: This company will blame everything on you and take no personal responsibility for anything thay will hang you out to dry in a second : They have been sued multiple times for unfair working conditions just do your do dilligence before joining this joke of a company, I felt it my duty to tell the truth about this company
daily work
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 11, 2016
you start out with maybe 3 jobs a day then it goes up depending on what jobs fall in. mostly instalations. management is great. co workes r good. can be the houses you go to. going to my last job of the day.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dont have a set schedule
Not a good job at all
Satellite Installer (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, ALDecember 30, 2015
I already knew how to install Satellite Dishes when I started to work for this company. I learned myself how to install at that time all kinds of dishes for Dishnetwork. Under those 3 years I worked there they changed management at least 5 times. Also you knew that of the family who own SUIDISH came down, someone was about to get fired. There is NO WAY for you to advance for this company, if you are not a close friend to the owner. The dad who is the owner, and then you have the sons who are all the way on top under their dad, so if you don't know these people, there is no way for you to advance.
Pros
A job
Cons
very looooong hours. One time I was not home until after 2 am.
Good job with great atmosphere
FIELD SERVICE MANAGER/CALIBRATED TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALDecember 14, 2015
A typical day for me would be arriving at 5:30 a.m to make sure my teams vans are loaded and prepared for the day. Once that is done communication and sale grids are built . This company has a lot of potential and only needs to focus more on the workers who are laboring in the field. I would say that the hardest part of the job would be when you have to let someone go. The most enjoyable part is the relationship and camaraderie between the technicians and management.
Pros
Traveling and working in different locations everyday
Cons
Customers have too much influence over technicians pay
Okay place to work in
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALDecember 9, 2015
This job is descent to work in. They give you a company vehicle and gas card and you get to travel to different areas every day. The Cons would be support with other technician when you need help
Pros
Company vehicle, traveling
Cons
Not much support from a management aspect

Want to know more about Satellites Unlimited Inc.?

Ask a question
Productive workplace, very professional
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 15, 2015
As a satellite technician I enjoy the challenges of field work as well as meeting new faces on a day to day scale. I really enjoy working outdoors and enjoying the freedom of traveling to different areas of the state. I also enjoy my co-workers who are fairly nice and great to get along with.
Pros
we work under our own management
Cons
time to rate of pay ratio unbalanced
Just another job..."Central Operations"
central operations (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALOctober 30, 2015
No diversity, poor management, and unfair pay that seems fair in a state with an overall low pay rate. DO NOT WORK HERE unless you are an outside tech and then be prepared to deal with bad management!
Pros
tons of women to talk to in the workplace (if you work in the office)
Cons
the company
Great family oriented organization
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Madison, AlabamaAugust 21, 2015
Opportunity to train and implement standards of operation enhancing insurmountable profitability. A typical day at Satellites Unlimited was reviewing the needs of each local office in the Southeast area. Satellites Unlimited presented the opportunity to acquire the skill of analyzing operational requirements, identifying the internal trends of the agency, implementing structural revisions achieving and exceeding profitability based on proficient training of new hires. The most intriguing aspect of the profession was obtaining the knowledge of analyzing detailed reports, identifying a working solution to implement company-wide.
Pros
challenging, rewarding, recognition and need fullfilment
Cons
responsibility of ensuring reports presented are accurate prior to plan implementation, benefits, environment conditions
The money's good...but that's about it.
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALMay 22, 2015
Hours are horrible, the expectation is to work till 6 or 7 everyday. You MUST work weekends, and holidays. So, if you have a family, stay away!!!
The management is the worst, no integrity at all. They will tell you to do something a certain way, then 2-3mo later "Oh, no we cant do that anymore" or in my case tell me Ive earned Fridays and Saturdays off, then a week later go back on that promise!
Like the title says, the money is good....if you're a really hard worker.
Pros
independent work, constant changing scenery
Cons
management, hours, no family life
On your own
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2014
This company chooses favorites, and promotes technicians who outperform other technicians, regardless of tenure. Tenure? What is tenure? It is an additional pay added to your compensation when you are a Tier Level 3 or higher. But, if you drop below a Tier Level 3, you lose your tenure pay. How is it that it is called tenure? After 8 years of blood, sweat, and tears, I am reluctant to say that this type of work is not for older, family-oriented men. The hours are unpredictable, as are the jobs. Pay is decent, but it is definitely earned. Benefits are not the best in the state, but it will have to do.
Pros
Meeting new, interesting, and influential people.
Cons
Long hours, working in all types of weather, feeling of unimportance.
Good opportunity for advancement if you are willing to work but no job security
Calibrated Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJanuary 4, 2014
Good place to work if you want hard but don't desire a long term career. The company is more worried about numbers than quality technicians and work.... and they hire/fire frequently because of this. You do have the opportunity to make good money, but it can be taken from you quickly if numbers aren't where they want.
Pros
Oppotunity to make money
Cons
Poor upper management, no loyalty or value in hard work, wasted driving due to poor routing
Got to meet all kinds of poeple
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chipley, FLAugust 14, 2012
I would print my work orders the night before and be at the first stop by 8:00 set up or repair would be made then to the next stop normally 3 to 4 stops a day. I learned how to set up a dish from signal to running the wire. the management were well trained in both the old and new products and were helpful with both areas.Co workers were all good poeple tho only saw them once a week while loading the van for the week.the hardest part was walking through a attic some were very small and hard to move around. I most enjoyed working with customers up close and seeing them happy when the job was done
Pros
getting to work all differant kinds of poeple
Cons
snakes
Not a good place to work
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSMarch 12, 2012
This is not a great place to work. The management and supervisor are careless and very vindictive. It is very hard to move up in this company. Your raise and bonuses are set up on a tier system which is impossible to achieve for the average human being. If you work for this employer, don't think that you will move up in the company any time soon. All you will be is a satellite technician to them.
Pros
no pros about this company
Cons
no breaks, eat on the run lunches, and bad management.
Pay cuts
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALAugust 23, 2015
The company has made major pay cuts costing techs 3500 to 18000 dollars in commission pay. The company has lost approx 1/2 of their senior techs and created a turn over rate of an estimated 85%.
Pros
Take home work van
Cons
Poor Management and even worse ownership
Great company to be a part of
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 27, 2012
Satellites Unlimited is the leading RSP for Dish Network. Satellites Unlimited provides a great work environment to enhance your professional skills and provide for your family.
Very competitive atmosphere. Be ready to work outside of normal hours, but hey, it's a career not a 9 to 5-ver!
Pros
professional skill enhancements, lucrative income
Cons
family time is a little sacrificed, can be overwhelming at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Satellites Unlimited Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8