Satellites Unlimited Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced and hard work
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALDecember 15, 2017
This is a good job for someone who is willing to work hard to achieve their goals. I enjoyed the work, getting to meet new people every day, and having a company vehicle.
Techs are great people but managment is horrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 2, 2017
If you don't fit in you are gone. Management stays close to one another. They find all your flaws and then want to real havoc on you. You have to sale to be a part of this team. Your metrics is what makes you or breaks you.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
No pay for long drives too much pressure to sell junk.
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 22, 2017
When you sometimes spend more hours driving a van than doing the work, no compensation for drive time adds up. Some people have no problem lying to customers or pushing high pressure sales pitches, but I have a problem with both. Some people love it there, I did to begin with, but their priorities did not align with my own.
Pros
I had a good supervisor and he quit too.
Cons
Long hours driving for no pay. Product sales is only way to keep your job.
dependable job, with room for advancment
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALAugust 9, 2017
Be at your first customers house 8 am, and proceed to install, repair, replace and/or upgrade satellite cable in a timely and professional fashion, then proceed onto your next scheduled appointment
Terrible place to work.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 14, 2017
Do not work for this company. They will run you into the ground and not care if you need so time off. ITS ALL ABOUT MANAGMENTS NUMBERS AND THEIR MONEY! A lot of shady stuff going on inside that they keep to themselves. This company has this highest turn over rate I have ever seen or heard of.
Pros
They give you the tools and van
Cons
Everything else besides the tools and van!
Beware
Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALMarch 27, 2017
They suck you in by promising $11 an hour but after a 120 days you go to commission pay scale inconsistent pay unless you live and breathe Satellites Unlimited!
Great management, DISH is not
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 11, 2017
The SUI management team is great, they do everything they can to ensure you are successful. The issue lies with DISH, they are putting a big pressure on SUI to make sales which is forcing people to go from being a Technician to being a salesman. Anyone who cannot make the sales standard are being let go regardless of how good of a tech they may be. The standards will only get harder so if you are not comfortable being a salesman I would look somewhere else.
Pros
Management is good, Technicians are helpful
Cons
You are expected to be a salesman, not a Technician
Money is not commensurate with time, unless u are fast
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMarch 6, 2017
I installed and maintained Dish Network homes satellite systems. It would help if a person interested in this job has experience working outside and on ladders.
Great place to work as well as employees
Payroll/Recon Specialist (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALMarch 3, 2017
Checked work orders completed to ensure we received proper payment from Dish.
Handled technicians payroll needs.
Processed Payroll
Reconciled technicians equipment to work orders.
Awesome Idea, Poor Execution
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAFebruary 16, 2017
The company had great selling points in the interview/posting, however, actually being employed under the company, a lot of the compensation and bonuses are poised so that the numbers you are held to change at such an inconsistent rate, its near impossible to actually achieve the bonuses. The management couldn't come to terms with actually helping in field, until corporate made it so they had to. Inventory was a nightmare simply for the fact that management didn't want to do their part and order everything necessary. The company had great ideas on how to run this industry, the only problem is the local workforce employed is naturally incompetent.
Pros
Work vehicle and tools
Cons
Constant hounding about numbers that were never clarified
Hope you enjoy becoming a salesman
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kosciusko, MSJanuary 18, 2017
Worked for them for 8 months, money was decent until they cut pay by 23% some jobs got a 50% cut, if you don't peddle their products then they will cherry pick to jobs you get which hurts your bottom line, be at first job at 7 am and go home when last job is complete, could be as late as midnight, then get up and do it again.
Pros
Cons
The company as a whole
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSOctober 27, 2016
long hours no time at home. The office pushed sales more than customer needs or customer satisfaction. You got your pay raises based on the amount of sales you did.
Productive Workplace
Satellite Technician/Calibrated Trainer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 1, 2016
Satellites Unlimited is a great company to work for. They strive to be the lead dog and push their employees to develop the same mentality. Great owner. Really strives to take care of every employee that works there.
fun place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJune 22, 2016
hardest part of the job working in the rain. management very helpful. co-workers very fun and helpful to work with. i learned all about installing and trouble shooting television. enjoyable part of the job would have to be the people you work with their awesom
Closed on Murfreesboro Rd
Service Coordinator and Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 13, 2016
I was a server at Ocharleys and it soon it closed after I worked there, I was a server and helped out in the kitchen.

it was a good company to work for, it was started by a family in Nashville and they make all of their food in their local facility in Nashville TN.
daily work
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 11, 2016
you start out with maybe 3 jobs a day then it goes up depending on what jobs fall in. mostly instalations. management is great. co workes r good. can be the houses you go to. going to my last job of the day.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dont have a set schedule
Horrible
skilled installation technician (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, ALMarch 28, 2016
This is a revolving door company,thier always hiring because they can't find many people to do this type of work for the low pay they offer the owners and managers are extremely greedy and like to keep you stressed out all the time just ask yourself why are they always hiring ??:THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE A LAST RESORT: This company will blame everything on you and take no personal responsibility for anything thay will hang you out to dry in a second : They have been sued multiple times for unfair working conditions just do your do dilligence before joining this joke of a company, I felt it my duty to tell the truth about this company
Not a good job at all
Satellite Installer (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, ALDecember 30, 2015
I already knew how to install Satellite Dishes when I started to work for this company. I learned myself how to install at that time all kinds of dishes for Dishnetwork. Under those 3 years I worked there they changed management at least 5 times. Also you knew that of the family who own SUIDISH came down, someone was about to get fired. There is NO WAY for you to advance for this company, if you are not a close friend to the owner. The dad who is the owner, and then you have the sons who are all the way on top under their dad, so if you don't know these people, there is no way for you to advance.
Pros
A job
Cons
very looooong hours. One time I was not home until after 2 am.
Good job with great atmosphere
FIELD SERVICE MANAGER/CALIBRATED TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALDecember 14, 2015
A typical day for me would be arriving at 5:30 a.m to make sure my teams vans are loaded and prepared for the day. Once that is done communication and sale grids are built . This company has a lot of potential and only needs to focus more on the workers who are laboring in the field. I would say that the hardest part of the job would be when you have to let someone go. The most enjoyable part is the relationship and camaraderie between the technicians and management.
Pros
Traveling and working in different locations everyday
Cons
Customers have too much influence over technicians pay
Okay place to work in
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALDecember 9, 2015
This job is descent to work in. They give you a company vehicle and gas card and you get to travel to different areas every day. The Cons would be support with other technician when you need help
Pros
Company vehicle, traveling
Cons
Not much support from a management aspect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Satellites Unlimited Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7