Satellites Unlimited Inc.

Satellites Unlimited Inc. Employee Reviews

Good job with great atmosphere
FIELD SERVICE MANAGER/CALIBRATED TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALDecember 14, 2015
A typical day for me would be arriving at 5:30 a.m to make sure my teams vans are loaded and prepared for the day. Once that is done communication and sale grids are built . This company has a lot of potential and only needs to focus more on the workers who are laboring in the field. I would say that the hardest part of the job would be when you have to let someone go. The most enjoyable part is the relationship and camaraderie between the technicians and management.
Pros
Traveling and working in different locations everyday
Cons
Customers have too much influence over technicians pay
Okay place to work in
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALDecember 9, 2015
This job is descent to work in. They give you a company vehicle and gas card and you get to travel to different areas every day. The Cons would be support with other technician when you need help
Pros
Company vehicle, traveling
Cons
Not much support from a management aspect
Just another job..."Central Operations"
central operations (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALOctober 30, 2015
No diversity, poor management, and unfair pay that seems fair in a state with an overall low pay rate. DO NOT WORK HERE unless you are an outside tech and then be prepared to deal with bad management!
Pros
tons of women to talk to in the workplace (if you work in the office)
Cons
the company
Productive workplace, very professional
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 15, 2015
As a satellite technician I enjoy the challenges of field work as well as meeting new faces on a day to day scale. I really enjoy working outdoors and enjoying the freedom of traveling to different areas of the state. I also enjoy my co-workers who are fairly nice and great to get along with.
Pros
we work under our own management
Cons
time to rate of pay ratio unbalanced
Pay cuts
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALAugust 23, 2015
The company has made major pay cuts costing techs 3500 to 18000 dollars in commission pay. The company has lost approx 1/2 of their senior techs and created a turn over rate of an estimated 85%.
Pros
Take home work van
Cons
Poor Management and even worse ownership
Great family oriented organization
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Madison, AlabamaAugust 21, 2015
Opportunity to train and implement standards of operation enhancing insurmountable profitability. A typical day at Satellites Unlimited was reviewing the needs of each local office in the Southeast area. Satellites Unlimited presented the opportunity to acquire the skill of analyzing operational requirements, identifying the internal trends of the agency, implementing structural revisions achieving and exceeding profitability based on proficient training of new hires. The most intriguing aspect of the profession was obtaining the knowledge of analyzing detailed reports, identifying a working solution to implement company-wide.
Pros
challenging, rewarding, recognition and need fullfilment
Cons
responsibility of ensuring reports presented are accurate prior to plan implementation, benefits, environment conditions
its ok
Technician (Former Employee) –  crestview,flAugust 16, 2015
pay was ok as long as work was availble. plus side everything you need is given to you. its all up to you how much money you make
Pros
gas is paid for and tools are given to you
Cons
no breaks, long drives
Good pay
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  dothan, alJune 20, 2015
They usually have long hours but for the pay i wouldn't complain. Just like every job it has its up and downs, but i won't touch on any of those.
Tough but rewarding
Residential Installer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2015
1st thing of the day about 5:30 a.m. is reviewing route, checking inventory and contacting the 1st customer as early as possible for satellite dish installation, upgrades or trouble call. Walkthrough with customer upon arrival and listening to customers concerns and addressing any issues. Set up of dish, running cable, wall fish, crawlspace, whichever works best. Installing system to code, offering sales products, educating customer, rinse and repeat for every assigned job.
Learned better customer service techniques, and how to sale smart home products (HDMI cables, Bluetooth Headphones, Sound Bars etc.)
Management was knowledgeable but not easily reachable/available for onsite troubleshooting.
Co-workers hardly ever interacted due to being so far apart between jobs, most were knowledgeable and easy going.
Hardest part of the job was the late hours, 7am-7pm 6 days a week not including meetings, inventory, and training.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be independent and constantly on the go, lots of freedom.
Pros
Equipment provided for, everything you need to get you started.
Cons
Extremely short breaks, long hours, rough work.
The money's good...but that's about it.
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALMay 22, 2015
Hours are horrible, the expectation is to work till 6 or 7 everyday. You MUST work weekends, and holidays. So, if you have a family, stay away!!!
The management is the worst, no integrity at all. They will tell you to do something a certain way, then 2-3mo later "Oh, no we cant do that anymore" or in my case tell me Ive earned Fridays and Saturdays off, then a week later go back on that promise!
Like the title says, the money is good....if you're a really hard worker.
Pros
independent work, constant changing scenery
Cons
management, hours, no family life
productive, dedicated, needs to pay better
technician (Current Employee) –  monroe laApril 28, 2015
A good company to be part of, good management and pay close attention to their employees but needs to do better with employee compensation and benefits and provide better tools and processes for a more productive work environment
Pros
swift access to management
Cons
poor pay and compensation
Nice place to work.
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Millbrook, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Hard work with great rewards.
Start early and end early
management in our office is top notch
lots of work during the summer
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 2, 2014
Fast-paced enviornment. Able to meet new people on a daily basis
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 10, 2014
Great company to work at, if you have the mind set to upsell customers and maintain all equipment and stock.
Pros
company vehicle and tools provided
Cons
long hours with no guaranteed end of day time
Great place to work meet lots of interesting people
Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 6, 2014
Great place to work meet lots of interesting people working in all kinds of weather.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working and all kinds of weather
Growth Potential, Salary Compensation do Not Equal Work Required
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLSeptember 10, 2014
I loved my coworkers and the job was as detailed. I did extra tasks willingly and enjoyed doing them. It's a warm environment, managers are friendly and understanding. Typically in a day's work I would make 200 or more outbound calls and receive about 100 calls.
However, when it came time to be compensated for hard work, there was none. I got no raises even after being named CSR of the year and even after asking. If it wasn't for my bonuses, I would not have been able to make it.
I have a degree but growth potential is limited to transferring to an out of state office.
Pros
bonuses, friendly managers, open door policy, set schedule
Cons
raises rarely occur, health insurance very limited, no room for growth unless transferring to out of state office, do not show any care for family hardships (no bereavement leave pay, do not send condolence cards or acknowledge death of employess family)
Hate it
Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 8, 2014
toooooo MANY RULES. BAD DISPATCHING. NEVER HAVE A SET AREA. THEY ONLY THINK ABOUT THE JOB. YOU CAN DRIVE 2 HOURS BEFORE GETTING TO ANY JOB. NOT WORTH IT. WHEN YOU DO MAKE IT TO A JOB YOU BE TIRED FROM DRIVING 2 HOURS
On your own
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2014
This company chooses favorites, and promotes technicians who outperform other technicians, regardless of tenure. Tenure? What is tenure? It is an additional pay added to your compensation when you are a Tier Level 3 or higher. But, if you drop below a Tier Level 3, you lose your tenure pay. How is it that it is called tenure? After 8 years of blood, sweat, and tears, I am reluctant to say that this type of work is not for older, family-oriented men. The hours are unpredictable, as are the jobs. Pay is decent, but it is definitely earned. Benefits are not the best in the state, but it will have to do.
Pros
meeting new, interesting, and influential people.
Cons
long hours, working in all types of weather, feeling of unimportance.
good company
Satellite Installer (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALApril 29, 2014
• Installed Satellites in a timely manner
• Provided technical support
• Communicated with customers via phone or in person
• Maintained a company vehicle
• Traveled throughout the regional area
Hard driven, perfection type company.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 3, 2014
My typical day was normally full of adventure and enjoyable for the most part. I worked alone but had many co-workers that i liked. I had no complaints about the company until it come to my wreck ordeal. Ignored phone calls, telling me one thing then doing another, etc.
Pros
work at on pace.
Cons
some people i had to deal with. which happens everywhere. so nothing really to complain about.