Saturn Employee Reviews

Easy work but no room for advancement.
Retail packaging specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 8, 2016
Easy work. But no room for advancement even though they say there is. They will hire from the outside for management. You just sit trim package and sticker marijuana. If you smoke I guess it's good you get free samples monthly and a discount. The owners will walk past you and not even acknowledge you. They are making a killing and paying basically nothing.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No advancement
Lead Analyst - Merge Purge Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDOctober 31, 2016
Typical day at work includes processing file maintenance requests, processing list rentals and assisting other techs when needed. Co-workers are easy to work with.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
Health care plan is not the greatest
Enjoyable wrk
Mower Operator (Former Employee) –  Oal grove kyJanuary 25, 2017
Loves working here operating zero turn mowers and wamms mowing ft Campbell great wrk environment and very friendly ppl
Great company
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 3, 2016
Learned how to sale used cars which is the hardest in the automotive industry some from some of the best in the business lead me to be the best of the best
Productive and effective day
LPN (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2016
A typical workday consist of caring for the residents putting them first and meeting their needs. Making sure staffing is sufficient. Unfortunately management was horrible at Saturn and that was the hardest part of the job dealing with unprofessional and fake people. The most enjoyable were the residents seeing them daily.
Pros
day shift
Cons
Constantly on your back about something
My first Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 2, 2015
I started at Saturn when I was in high school. Saturn showed me how the work place was and i saw what type of person in the work place i wanted to be. I started out as the night time receptionist and then went on to the part time cashier position. I was there for 3 years and was not able to work anymore hours when i started college. I saw that i had to move on to somewhere that has more hours for me. I really enjoyed working with the staff at Saturn and would have stayed if i could have had more hours. Saturn was a small company and not much room to grow.
The BEST experience of my life!
Material Handler, Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNOctober 14, 2014
Quality, Co-operation, Dedication.and Pride in our work is what we were all about! Self directed team members, problem solved issues as they came about, not blame games. We were the TOP Division in General Motors, winning at least four CHAIRMAN AWARDS- (top honors in the Corporation).

We were told "Americans" couldn't produce small car effectively in the U.S.A.

Four million vehicles later..... we accomplished what we set out to do, and we did a darn good job!
Great place to work and very customer oriented
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 1, 2014
I have worked for Saturn corporation for the total of 17 years I loved the philosophy about there customer service,unfortunately they are no longer in business.We all worked together as a team it was like family.I would interact with customers in person over the phone and take care of all there needs.I had learned how it is to work together as a team and exceed customers satisfaction.My most enjoyable part of my job was my customers.I loved my job.
Pros
reconized customers for there hard work with pep rallys and awards
Systems Analyst: Service Parts
Catalog Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 25, 2014
primary objective was to product the parts catalog for the dealers to use when ordering parts. Management was supportive and my co-workers were truely a team that worked together to produce award winning service parts catalogs. The hardest part of the job was tracking all of the part number changes and the most enjoyable job was problem solving and the interaction with various teams (engineering, service, dealers, etc.).
Pros
New company, able to design new processes, team concept
Cons
politics
Bookkeeper with Saturn Dundee
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MIJune 24, 2012
Daily looked through all car sales, to get titles if did a traded in; then stocking the use car in; pulling out commission slips; Then start balancing and inputting each car sale: which includes titling new and use cars, paying federal taxes; and balance commission slip. Was part of a great team in our office. The hardest part of the job is the end of month. Enjoyed working with everyone in the dealership.
Pros
after 5 years would receive a rolex watch
Fun place with great customer appreciation
Dispatcher/General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 18, 2012
Schedule appointments for maintenance and new car add-ons (tint, leather/heated seats, etc) Data entry, filing, cashier, back up for service advisors. Learned how to purchase a new vehicle and all the warranty that is covered. Also learned new computer program (EDS). Had wonderful management, very caring for their customer needs and employee needs. Hardest part was relocating. Most enjoyable were the customers and co-workers.
Pros
employee discounts. 401k match
Cons
no sick leave.
Great company. Excellent products.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 16, 2012
Sales Consultant
Achieve annual sales and profit objectives for fast paced car dealership.
•Demonstrate solid understanding of clients needs, allowing for successful implementation of procedures.
•Provide superior customer service skills and maintain constructive relationships with clients and co-workers.
•Act as an integral part of the sales organization and assist in successfully growing company revenues.
Car sales are fun.
Car Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 12, 2012
I got to learn everything aout the car environment from, manufacturing, to service and repairs, appraising, credit, loans, DMV, and selling or trading of cars.

The environment is epic and fun. Management is motivated

Hardest part of the job is obviously selling.

best part is seeing people get a new car, and knowing that you helped them.
Pros
customer satifaction of helping others
Cons
no job security, gm closed this location
Fun and productive workplace
Parts Consultant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 11, 2014
My day typical started at 7:30, the day was laidback waiting for customer and tech to come get parts ending at 4:30. I learned to pay attention to what I'm doing because one mistake can mess a car up. Management was cool. Co-worker was great people fun to be around. The job wasn't hard to do. I most enjoyed the people and being around the cars.
Pros
The people and being around the cars.
Cons
No overtime available.
Up beat place fun to work for
Customer Service Representative & Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIDecember 12, 2013
My work day wold consist of dealing with service and sales customers as well as coworkers. I handled money from sales and service. I dealt with bank deposits on a daily basis. Had to be able to balance out sales and service accounts daily. I also uploaded new cars when they came in.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no flexibility with work hours
Educational and great place for a young person to wrok
Lot Technician & Technician (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 6, 2014
This was my first job in the automotive field and I learned a lot. Anything from sales to advertising and maintenance on cars. Being able to drive nice brand new cars was a luxury in and of its self. I had to be self motivated to get things done as well as to make the customers happy.
great people to work with, and a family like place to work
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEAugust 25, 2012
i learned who to work on cars and truck ,oil changes, tires replacement , and belts, hoses, i also learned too recon cars and trucks there. taking the customers to work or home and going to get parts, also did custodial work cleaning the show room and the garage.
Pros
always busy
Cons
no time for breaks
selling cars
Sales & Financing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock TexasJuly 9, 2013
this was a very fast pace job, i had to sell a car to make a paycheck

it was long hours, and i had to make sure i could sell sell sell and of course i did!!!

loved it i learn fast and i had the to know the financial part, i had to be aggressive, and i wanted to be on top of my game!!!
Pros
loved the money
Cons
had to be better the the sales men
Auto sales
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAFebruary 7, 2014
The best job where I learned a lot about the sales process and determining the type of person you are selling to. It was a typical auto dealership mentality where you give up your life and family because your sales come mainly on the weekends. However, when sales were good, the money was as well.
To Extend great customer service
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 9, 2012
-The hardest part of this job is living with yourself after you know that you have taken advantage of someone for the stores profits. Many nights it was hard to sleep from this.
Great experience in negotiating and closing a sale
Pros
made a decent living
Cons
very long work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saturn. Our community is ready to answer.