Saudi Aramco Employee Reviews

wonderful setting
Director of Clinical Engineering (Former Employee) –  saudi ArabiaNovember 19, 2017
great family life, advancement, work schedule, amazing pension plan, they match 9% contribution and retirement plan vested from day one, great benefits, and international medical insurance free schools for kids.
Pros
free housing, schools, family discounts.
Not recommended for (US) expats
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaNovember 13, 2017
The company has deteriorated badly in the last few years. The work environment is a toxic "us vs. them" tug of war between Saudis and expats which creates a very unhealthy and unproductive workplace. Business lines have to classify the two groups separately and justify the existence of their expats annually. The reward system for Saudi managers favors elimination, not development and retention.
You will most likely be put in a group that requested you to fill a short-term gap or need and once you solve the immediate short term problems that brought you there you are essentially on notice to be replaced and to get out. I recall 7 different supervisors over a 2-3 year period. Whoever requested you will likely be long gone before you arrive anyway.
Most expats in my estimation and experience last 2-3 years. A few make 5, and a very small percentage make 10 or more. The benefits are back-ended with the pension awarded at 5 years and continuing medical at 10/55. I have been seeing a pattern where they keep their American expats 8-9 years then shed them just before they are retirement eligible. Your chances of making the full benefit retirement period are very low, everyone knows that, and a large percentage exit at 5 years when they pension vest. With zero development and zero opportunity to move to any other job around the company the pension vest date is the only thing that keeps them there beyond the first couple of years.
A short term financial shot in the arm and salary premium is pretty much the best that can be expected. For that you get a house in a segregated
  more... community where you are isolated from the outside (but where every Saudi employee and/or relative or family member can freely roam on weekends) and a decent school for the children. The medical care is third-world level and if something happens to you or a member of your family the chances of successful acute care are very low.
In my view the money is not worth the segregation and toxic, unhealthy work environment that you have to put up with every day. Be careful with reading these reviews because the company actively has people inputting glowing reviews (easily spotted by the broken English) to keep the ratings up. The company expatriate website is blocked from the company home internet (you will NOT get good information there) and the recruiters in Houston are paid well to say anything and promise anything to get you there.
Pros
Salary and relatively low cost of living
Cons
Segregation and toxic, unhealthy work environment
Excellant work enviroment
Inspector (Former Employee) –  KhursanyahOctober 24, 2017
I advise working at Saudi Aramco. One of the best companies that improves the employee and believes in continous improment. I am planning to serve them again.
Pros
Organization
Cons
Many hours
Best Place for Fresh Graduates
Electrical & Instrumentation Site Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Khurais, Eastern ProvinceOctober 23, 2017
Everyday there is a visit/s to assigned sites to check project progress. Weekly meetings with contractors discussing projects issues and needs. The job role is focused on managing projects and contractors that work in construction. Saudi Aramco is a multicultural company since it is open for all nationalities. The difficult part in this job is collaborating with other Aramco divisions/departments as there is a huge issue in communication between them which makes delays in projects.
Pros
Good Working Environment & Good Income.
Cons
Hot Weather Most of the Year.
Bigest Oil company in Saudi Arabia
Architectural Intern (Former Employee) –  Udhailiyah, Saudi ArabiaOctober 15, 2017
I did my internship in Saudi Aramco, Udhailiyah, Saudi Arabia. Udhailiah it is a place in the medal of a desert. However, I was working in Construction department. At that time they were redesigning an existed office building and later on, they started working on a theater in Aramco campus.
working overseas in the desert
Wellsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaOctober 6, 2017
Basically the same as above but with 150 people on board at all times. spent a lot of time traveling spent anywhere to 65 to 80 days over there in Saudi
Pros
travel to different country's meet a lot off people
Cons
away to long
Ideal work enviroment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Ash SharqīyahAugust 30, 2017
Saudi Aramco is the world's largest oil producer company located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I worked in the finance department (Joint venture support and Financial consulting) I've learned a lot during my two month summer internship.
Supervisor in Project Management under Compliance Division
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ash SharqīyahAugust 20, 2017
I used to work in the field for 13 years all around Saudi Arabia until I decided to have stability near by home. I (then) have been assigned to start supporting projects by reviewing the compliance of the projects, Risk Management, and several company initiatives.

I have no complains about the management and the workplace culture. The team and the work place are unique and so supportive with zero concerns from my end.
Pros
Yearly Safety Awards
Cons
Health Ensured
Good company to work for
Lead Estimating & Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ash SharqīyahAugust 17, 2017
- Good company to work for
- Employees are very supportive and helpful
- Workplace culture takes some time to get use to but employees are very friendly
Working Environment is excellent
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  East West pipe line Pump station 6July 27, 2017
I work in Saudi Aramco as a contractor three years

I feel better environment for work and satisfying each and every portal either technical or personal movement

It's best company in the world according to me.
Enjoyable Environment to Work
Process Control System Technician (Current Employee) –  Haradh, Eastern ProvinceJuly 4, 2017
I enjoy the work and the job handled to me. Great environment to work and good opportunity to get more experience with a lovely team mates. We have perfect safety policy and regulations that most of the employees follow them.
productive and friendly environment
Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJuly 1, 2017
was very much to learn,had enjoyed a great part of my life.there was oil wells and gas wells and remote headers to construct and install. sometimes need to work in deep desert.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
Summer job
Summer Activity Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Saudi arabiaMay 25, 2017
I worked this job a very long time ago. It was fun and gave me some solid teaching opportunities. Located in Saudi Arabia. Great place to grow up and live
typical day at work
Process Control System Technician (PCST) (Former Employee) –  saudi arabiaMay 11, 2017
Worked in oil and gas field inside gas plants. hard and tough place to work on in the summer but i learned a lot of experience. the workplace culture is unique it is very helpful everyone is trying to help you to learn
Amazing company
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saudi arabiaApril 15, 2017
Saudi aramco is the best ever company i work for. They take care of their employee very well. Should say the company pampered you . Making sure they employee are safe , equip. And they give us god benefits
Great Professional Atmosphere
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2017
Great company to work for. I was constantly busy and worked well with other staff. Unfortunately I was just contract for three months I loved it there. Management would love to have me back if there was available positions open.
Desert camp drilling
Senior Drilling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Al Jafurah, S.A.March 7, 2017
In order for me to work for Aramco I was required to go through a consulting firm. There is no real competition between consulting firms therefore the pay scale is extremely low.
Pros
learn different technologies, work in multi-cultural environment
Cons
tough travel time, no travel compensation, low dayrate
Na
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2017
It was a very interesting and rewarding experience. Amazing work culture and very passionate people. Recommend working and interning there.
Interesting, hard working
Planning & Programs Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Udhailiyah, Al AhssaJanuary 31, 2017
working for Saudi Aramco is interesting, job security and learning opportunity. In my 26 years, I learned a lot of skills that can't be thought at university
Pros
allawnces
Cons
long working hours
Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  saudi arabiaJanuary 7, 2017
• Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information, organizing and prioritizing work, answering the telephone, relaying messages, maintaining equipment and supplies
• Display discretion and protection operations by keeping resource information confidential
• Maintain quality service by following standards and ensuring quality of services
• Attended educational workshops, reviewed publications to retain technical knowledge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saudi Aramco. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2