Saudi Aramco

Saudi Aramco Employee Reviews

MECHANICAL ENGINEER WITH EXPERIENCE IS A POWERFUL EMPOLYEE
Plant controller (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaJuly 12, 2015
A typical day is to start my shift with my routine check of the gas plant operation including all rotating equipment and vessels..either checking level,temperature,pressure,or flow.and continue managing the operation by maintaining these variables.I learned a lot during hard days of work either shutdown or isolate during emergency or normal isolation for maintenance work and how to maintain these variables for these process and keep the plant running safely.Management and coworker were best part of the team work and cooperate between each other with made a good work environment and most enjoyable part of the job.
my experience in summer in R&D research centre
Summer training (Former Employee), R&D research centre at Al dhahran, saudi arabiaJune 27, 2015
I like the work place espacally the labs and the framework, I have learned how to measure PH, Analysis of water samples using HPLC, GC, MS-GC, Determine the quantity of Alkaloids and other metal in water samples.
and i went to crude oil unite i have done many analysis on the oil that come from well.
Had access to customers and the newest technology
Computer Applications Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits & compensation
Cons: limited advancement for females
There was no typical day at Aramco. All it took was one phone call and what you had planned for the day was changed. I liked the varied tasks. Every day was different.

I loved working with my peers and customers. I had the best of both worlds; people and technology.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the constant changing technology.

The most enjoyable part was when I was able to make a customer's job easier with technology.
Productive learning environment.
Summer intern in the Payroll Department (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
Aramco gave me two opportunities to intern over the summer and I enjoyed them both. The people were great and I learned valuable lessons in the business world here.
productive and good learning exp
SAP PI/PO Architect and SAP EP consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
worked as SAP PI PO Architect and sap EP consultant, worked for hydrocarbon upstream group. learned new technology SAP EP and successfully implemented the project
New Opportunity, Start-up feel in an Established Company
Research Scientist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good Salary
Cons: Bad Management, Lack of Communication
Aramco has recently opened an R&D center at 400 Tech Square - and while their vision was great, it seems to have been a disaster in the ability to follow through with the promises.

The R&D centers are now plagued with uncertainty and mismanagement - and this is affecting how research can be done. There are too many restrictions and lack of communication. Its like going to a black hole everyday.
good company to work at
Senior Operator, Plants and offshore facilities (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaMarch 8, 2015
safety first, learned a lot about working safely in heavy machinary plants. great work environment, pinifts are outstanding
Worked in onshore and offshore over tremendous oil and gas fields,
Welsite geolgist (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaJanuary 8, 2015
• Descripting cutting/ cores lithology.
• Setting casing and coring points.
• How to correlate between wells
• Draw the drill time along with scaling
• Updated wellsite drilling websites accordingly.
Good company to work
Technical Lead/Project Manager (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaOctober 28, 2014
Good company to work
High Pay
good people to work with
Good management
different culture
Good experience as a BMS Operator
BMS Operator (Current Employee), AL KHOBAROctober 8, 2014
• Controlling and monitoring Honeywell, Siemens and Johnson control systems. Especially HVAC and Fire Alarm system.
• Monitoring the CCTV and controling the Access Control System.
• Responsible for checking the work permit and maintain the safety measures.
• Prepare and inspect the material gate access and visitor management system.
• Experience in handling the water leak detection system(LDS)
• The devices which are used for the BMS (Building Management System) are mainly branded with Honeywell Inc. But also worked with the controls like Staefa, Johnson Controls, and Siemens.
• Experience in HONEYWELL- HVAC and FIRE SYSTEM.
• Experience in JOHNSON CONTROL –HVAC system
• Experience in SIEMENS –FIRE ALARM system
• Performed pre-testing, pre-commissioning of all the equipment involved and related to HVAC Control Panel-DDC, Building Management System (Honeywell Care) and fire alarm systems.
• Handle emergency situation and take immediate action.
Diversity
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: cultural education
Cons: language barrier
Aramco, a division of Saudi Aramco, established a satellite office in the Philadelphia area. As Staff Assistant, my responsibility was to fully support and protect three Saudi employees. These three employees' families escorted them to the United States. If by chance, the three males were unavailable to assist there spouses, I made myself available to them. It was a great learning experience.
Routine with slow improvement
Sr. Material Control Man (Current Employee), Ras TanurahSeptember 2, 2014
Job tasks become routine work that is diffecault to advance or change easily . Also , the chance of advancement become slow even if you get higher education or advanced courses .
Project Management Team
Document Controller/Admin Clerk I (Former Employee), Shaybah. Saudi ArabiaAugust 1, 2014
an Oil & Gas Company which i was base in a EPC Project Management Department. Multi-Cultural management which involves multiple contractors that we manage as their Proponent.
Poor Management
Contracts Advisor- Process (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: stinks
Cons: poor housing, cost, food, entertainment
Mostly Saudi personell with poor communication skills. In adequate use of resources and poor planning. Overstaffed with limited work volume. Company goals are geard toward placement of Saudi Personell. I have work with companies that have been managed more appropriately. It is a very hot enviornment with limited access to western standards and cultures. Poor out dated housing and trashy. Very dangerous to drive. Not females allowed drive. No singles allow with other singles. Region is prone to extremist beliefs.
Great place to start a career or end one
IR Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2014
Not the place to go to development your skills. Company doesn't offer much professional development and has limited training and development opportunities.
complete facilities
Caregiver/Housekeeper (Former Employee), As sharkiya al udaliyah Saudi AramcoJuly 6, 2014
Pros: so many free dinner and activities specially during ramadan
Cons: free medical and free medicine.
we have bowling,swimming pool .theater,big and nice gym,coffee shop and a good restaurant.its all here inside the compound.so sometimes i stay here during my off
Good company to work for
Procurement Planner Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, flexible schedule, job security, vanpool, cafetaria, gym, onsite health clinic, etc..
Cons: less opportunities to grow
I joined Aramco in 2012 and it has been exciting journey with the Company.
Don't expect development
IR Assistant II/Expatriate Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 24, 2014
Aramco has great benefits and median pay. However, you aren't supported in career progression or development
excellent system at work
Sr. QA Civil Inspector (Inspection Department) (Former Employee), SafaniyahMay 22, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: weekly offs
Work was good, excellent system in place. well placed standards and specifications.
A challenging place to work in.
Petroleum Engineer Specialist (Current Employee), UdhailiyahMay 19, 2014
Lots of work to plan and do, and lots of information to handle. Plus, lots of field work.
Headquarters