Saudi Aramco Employee Reviews

fun work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2016
great place while i was able to work there, fun workplace. great people. i helped on a audit my second year there for the company and got to meet a lot of great people.
Worked as Supplementary-Manpower (SMP) Employee with Saudi Aramco
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wasit, Eastern Province, Saudi ArabiaJanuary 30, 2016
Saudi Aramco is well-known company which developed high standards values and regulations in Saudi society.

As an SMP with Project Management Team, I used to relocate my job location as per job requirements. Most projects were in remote areas. Besides, the working hours in those projects begin at 6 o'clock am and end 6 pm.
International Recruiter
International Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Responsible for screening, interviewing and recruitment efforts for Pipelines, Distribution, Terminals engineering, and Marketing Supply and Joint Venture (M&SJV) Business lines in Saudi Arabia  Focused on relationship building and partnerships with Engineering Leadership & HR Personnel  Sourced and screened all Reliability, Integrity, I&C, Facility, Process, Project, EHS, Chemical, and Electrical Engineering candidates prior to Hiring Manager review in a fast paced environment  Communicated company benefits and compensation to prospective candidates  Promoted the Saudi Aramco culture to candidates by attending local and out of state Career Fairs including O&G Workshops such as SEG, SPE, AIChe, SPWLA
 Maintained and managed requisitions of 50-75 positions  Knowledgeable of Chemical, Electrical and Mechanical engineering O&G disciplines (Mid/Downstream)  Sourced and facilitated onsite 2-5 days hiring workshops with Saudi Aramco Engineering Management  Reported workforce plans and statuses to executive leadershi
Productive plalce to work
SAP technical consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2016
A nice to place to learn highly demanding skills in market. Being worlds largest oil exporter it has huge opportunities for IT sector.
Experiences
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJanuary 4, 2016
I had the experiences of working hard and with advantages of many benefit of my skills which improved a lot because of that valunteer.
Great culture, good environment.
Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2015
Learned about day to day operations in the logistics department. Worked very closely with the senior logistics planner and was very hands on. Participated in all meetings and was to provide feedback about operations. Co-workers are very knowledgeable and very helpful. Most enjoyable part of working here is ease of interaction with my coworkers.
Pros
very relaxed, but competitive. Ability to to grow within the company
Cons
helped process claims for equipment
asst buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2015
Responsible for obtaining equipment and making sure it could be received on time. Follow up required to ensure desired outcome. Liked my work and supervisors.
Pros
good rapport with supervisor and head of Dept.
Cons
commute to downtown Houston
Very Good Pay and high job security
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaOctober 29, 2015
Aramco pay handsome compensation and employee people from all over the world. Aramco is known for long-term development and low employee turnover. My coworkers were from different nationalites and backgrounds.
Camp Life was great
Superintendent E&I Maintenance and Construction (Former Employee) –  Abqaiq Saud Arabia CampOctober 25, 2015
A very productive company that rewarded effort, knowledge, ability and performance. I learned a tremendous amount regarding Gas Turbines in controls , I&E maintenance and overhauls. Was lead on turnarounds and later project construction.
Pros
Vacation and schooling for my children and myself.
Cons
Long periods withouty out of country breaks
Worked off shore on conventional jack ups.
Drilling Foreman (Drilling Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  ALOctober 13, 2015
Batch drilling 7 to 9 lateral, dual and multi lateral wells.Typical day at work consisted submitting morning report, Morning meetings with all parties involved of current operations, lias with Drilling superintendent, organise and supervise daily operations, pre plan and organise up and coming operations.
I earned a great deal about logistics, organising, timing in delivery and deployment of equipment utilising a very small work environment
Management had engineering backgrounds, lacked hands on experience which cause un necessary delays in basic drilling and down hole problems. But always paid on time.
Co-workers were excellent, similar backgrounds and very thorough.
Hardest part of the job had to be balancing logistics.
All round to be part of a team and enjoy what I do best.
Pros
Working with good rig wise people.
Cons
Working with engineer type, 0 drilling experience bosses.

Want to know more about Saudi Aramco?

Ask a question
Great company to work for.
Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AL KhobarOctober 8, 2015
There was never a typical day, every day was very different and you were always on your toes while drilling and always paying close attention to the well. I learned a lot of new drilling techniques and well completions.
Pros
Great drilling communication
Cons
Trouble lining out 3rd party
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Budgets & Accountability Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Lots of opportunities. Enjoyed the high level of discretion I had while working there. I had the opportunity to work in different departments to obtain different experiences. Great coworkers and work life balance. Hours were also flexible.
Great Company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2015
One of the best places I have ever worked! Great work/life balance, generous benefits package, interesting work culture. The work was challenging and rewarding. My skills were allowed to develop and grow. New opportunities were available to me. There was great inter-department cooperation.

There were extremely busy times and other times when there was a chance to hone skills and take classes, which were provided and sponsored by our Human Resources group.

The company sponsored many citizenship opportunities. There were many volunteer activities, which enabled me to meet team members from other groups in the company.

The company rewarded perfect attendance, and provided a large gym and various exercise and health programs.

Compensation was competitive with other Houston companies, enabling Aramco Services Company to acquire the brightest and best talent in all departments.
Mechanical engineer with experience is a powerful empolyee
Plant controller (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJuly 12, 2015
A typical day is to start my shift with my routine check of the gas plant operation including all rotating equipment and vessels..either checking level,temperature,pressure,or flow.and continue managing the operation by maintaining these variables.I learned a lot during hard days of work either shutdown or isolate during emergency or normal isolation for maintenance work and how to maintain these variables for these process and keep the plant running safely.Management and coworker were best part of the team work and cooperate between each other with made a good work environment and most enjoyable part of the job.
my experience in summer in R&D research centre
Summer training (Former Employee) –  R&D research centre at Al dhahran, saudi arabiaJune 27, 2015
I like the work place espacally the labs and the framework, I have learned how to measure PH, Analysis of water samples using HPLC, GC, MS-GC, Determine the quantity of Alkaloids and other metal in water samples.
and i went to crude oil unite i have done many analysis on the oil that come from well.
Had access to customers and the newest technology
Computer Applications Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2015
There was no typical day at Aramco. All it took was one phone call and what you had planned for the day was changed. I liked the varied tasks. Every day was different.

I loved working with my peers and customers. I had the best of both worlds; people and technology.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the constant changing technology.

The most enjoyable part was when I was able to make a customer's job easier with technology.
Pros
excellent benefits & compensation
Cons
limited advancement for females
Found to be excellent.
Material Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Yanbu' al Bahr, S03May 30, 2015
I found overall working environment as very conducive & friendly in nature & culture with good management supervision. I joined late when one part of the project was already getting delayed. After joining it was entrusted to me to expedite. I took the responsibility & sit with the assigned contractor and started chasing them including their vendors & ultimately after the hectic effort of around 5 months I get the fruitful result of my effort & project TBE/CBE's all were finalized and later PO's were also finalized and issued on time.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
No lunch facility by company
Productive learning environment.
Summer intern in the Payroll Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
Aramco gave me two opportunities to intern over the summer and I enjoyed them both. The people were great and I learned valuable lessons in the business world here.
productive and good learning exp
SAP PI/PO Architect and SAP EP consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
worked as SAP PI PO Architect and sap EP consultant, worked for hydrocarbon upstream group. learned new technology SAP EP and successfully implemented the project
New Opportunity, Start-up feel in an Established Company
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 25, 2015
Aramco has recently opened an R&D center at 400 Tech Square - and while their vision was great, it seems to have been a disaster in the ability to follow through with the promises.

The R&D centers are now plagued with uncertainty and mismanagement - and this is affecting how research can be done. There are too many restrictions and lack of communication. Its like going to a black hole everyday.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Bad Management, Lack of Communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saudi Aramco. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2