Saulsbury Industries Employee Reviews

Saulsbury is known as an Electrical contractor and has difficullty with Mechanical.
Mechanical Superintendent III (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXOctober 30, 2017
Poorly managed, project was being constructed from the top down / Low pay with no per diem to direct hire employees /Job was a pig sty when rain came / Scheduler very inexperienced / Had to plead for a work front and scaffolding / no room for fabrication due to poorly placed office structure and lunch facility.
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
Poorly managed / logistical challenged / low employee pay
Start a career
I&E Tech (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 4, 2017
Its good, some places need to be fixed but all in total it is not to bad. Great opportunity to learn and jumpstart your career. long hours and small pay scale is the only bad thing.
Good company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 4, 2017
This company is also good.I learned good trades good maners people were good I learned a too trouble shoot too run pipe,run wire install cable tray. This is good company too work at.
Pros
Good people
Cons
IT was cold at the time.
Good Working Environment
Document Control/Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Saulsbury Industries. I enjoyed working with the people. Everyone were quite helpful. The management staff that I worked with were very friendly and worked as a team.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
contract work
overall good place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Management was awesome.
The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the changes in Benefits software that was new to the organization. continuous updates as we discovered what was missing in the software.
It was a great company, they paid very well.
Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 30, 2017
The company was great, they gave us good hours as well as good benefits. They always support the economy. I was paid very well, it was good for oil industry.
Pros
Free safety equipment.
Cons
When the weather was bad.
Fun a productive workplace
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 20, 2017
You tend to spend most of your time working in the field so you get close with the people who work their. The supervisors are very understanding if you have emergency leaves but reasonable ones as well.
Pros
Most tools are provided and plenty of water is provided.
Cons
long work days
An interesting work experience
Warehouse Utility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexander, NDSeptember 19, 2017
It was a short contract job (approx 4 months) and the job was in North Dakota. Started in the warehouse dept and then moved to the tool room. I have worked in several parts of the USA and different parts of the world but I have never been as cold as I was in North Dakota. Interesting and challenging place to work and I would definitely go back go back;
Fast paced environment.
Instrument and Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work was very hard. Our manager didnt want to give us breaks or sometime we would get our lunch late. He wouldnt care about there workers!
Great Company to work for
Industrial Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  South TexasSeptember 7, 2017
A good company to work for where you can grow within the company if you stay long enough. management is very supportive and always there when you need them
good
Class B/Level 4 pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 5, 2017
it was a good company to work for. its a good trade to learn and something you can use to your advantage a good skill and a good trade for one. allot of hands on learning
Pros
good pay
Cons
working in all kinds of weather conditions
contract positions with Saulsbury Industries
FME/FIREWATCH (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCSeptember 2, 2017
Good company to work for, adequate training was provided, effort to put personnel into positions appropriate to their needs/wants/capabilities. Open door policy with management support.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
Not enough contracts in the Nuclear Industry.
Good company
Pipe Fitter Top Helper (Unit One VC Summer) (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 30, 2017
Good company to work for providing maintenance and modification additions for the plant. The contractor is based out of Texas and has been there for two outages.
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 15, 2017
Good Place to work at. had fun and a great learning experience. the management was good and it was good work culture. Hardest part was the break or days off after days of overtime. The weather and the experience.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
overtime should be monitored.
VC Summer
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 9, 2017
Decent company. Their insurance leaves a lot to be desired, but it was better than no insurance at all. Other benefits are good. Work environment was good. No real pressure, just stay busy.
Good To Work For
General Foreman- V.C. Summers Nuclear Station (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 6, 2017
Easy to work for get along with everyone. They are in the nuclear scene but they don't have enough outage work for them to keep moving all the craft around throughout the us
CRANE OPERATOR & RIGGER (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 1, 2017
I was a good place to work and given the opportunity would work for them again most of the people I worked with or came in contact with feel the same way just an overall good company to work for
Pros
Good safety culture
Cons
Lack of knowledge with some of the supervision
Personable management
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COJune 30, 2017
Saulsbury was a decent company to work for while I was there. I was advanced very quickly and I attribute that to some of their management having a good eye for skillful potential.
productive
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 27, 2017
The day begins with a security meeting, then we are rewarded with the work of the day. We go to the workplace and inspect, then we make a list of materials to use, if we have any inconvenience the supervisors are ready to help.
Pipfitters Helper
Pipefitters helper (Former Employee) –  Kemah, TXJune 21, 2017
Awesome company to work for. I learned a lot on this job as I do any job that I go on. If you are not learning you are not working. I would work for this company again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saulsbury Industries. Our community is ready to answer.