Saulsbury Industries Employee Reviews

great oppertunity to learn new things
apprentice 1 (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 9, 2013
I really enjoyed working for this company. They offered great beneifits. There wasnt one day that passed where I didnt have the opertunity to learn something new. This job actually opened a whole new world to me. I first learned all the tools we supplied workers with. As time passed I then learned how they were used, what they were made for, and last but not least how to repair them. My coworkers were always ready to share their knowledge with me and show me how to do things the correct way. The hardest part of this job was the physical labor it takes to build gas plants and trying to keep up with all the others (mainly men used to this kind of labor).
Pros
great pay and benefits, meeting new people, learning new things.
Cons
extremely long hours, there wasnt time to take care of personal affairs
Ok place to work if you need a job.
Lead Project Planner/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Small private company, it's a family own business which is great. They are still going through growing pains. Need to have better software to help there employees to be more efficient at work. The cultural is a good old boy system, it's all about who you know and not what you know. This company isn't for someone that's young and trying to get establish and growing with a company, but if you need a job please don't turn them down cause they do pay well.
Cool job for a moment but nothing to lay your hat on.
Worker (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 8, 2015
I had a pretty good boss and learned a lot from him. Honestly I grew tired of things and moved on. Enjoyed my time but I don't miss it. Things aren't in place to be successful there but I think in the future that may change. Met a lot of cool people but an abundance of butt holes as well. Overall I would give them a C+ I have seen worse companies.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Jim Warner, Tracey Frazier, and Jimmy Mathews
It true they do play cowboys and indians in the west ... at least at Saulsbury they do.
Subcontracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 7, 2015
This company tries to play the part of being a great family oriented company but in reality they treat their own worse than their so called Company Family. If the founder of this company only knew what really goes on and how his company was really being ran! Unethical and underhanded sums it up quit well.
Cons
good hard working people.
Iron Worker (Current Employee) –  Cow Canyon, COLORADOAugust 24, 2015
everyone was hard at work busy day.
i learn how to work with different tools
boss and foreman were good to get a long with.
i love to meet new co-wokers and teach them what i know,
when the job is almost over and looking for work.
getting alone with co-workers and getting the job completed.
Pros
getting the job completed
Cons
short breaks and to many health insurances
Loved the job and the company
QC/QA (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 17, 2015
Show up to work sign in. Had safety meeting checked all PPE.
I learned to read Isometrics and do proper paper work needed to get job.
Management was great and seemed to genuinely care about their empolyees.
Co-workers liked me and always got along as I am a people person.
Pros
Great company with great benefits
Do not work at the yard in Odessa, Tx
Rig Welder (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJuly 9, 2014
The simple ignorance of the supervisors at the yard is amazing. Big heads thinking they know more and belittle you, when they have no inclination of the job task you are doing. Especially when the "foreman" is younger than you and does not even do the profession in which you are in.
Pros
working on jobs away from home office is great.
Cons
the yard and they people there.
Typical Oil n Gas jobsite
Unlicensed Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 1, 2015
Standard jobsite, filled with many differant trades. Most days were filled with normal tasks. Many discussions on safety, and onsite Hazzards. Equipment was in good wprking order. Many tasks were straight forward, Others required more trouble shooting to ensure proper installations.
Pros
Verizon Discount
Cons
Never enough time at home.
fun place to work with excellent employee
journeyman electrician (Former Employee) –  texasDecember 13, 2014
Would love to work for this company again in the near future. I was with this company for 9 months working in Deer Park, Texas on a tank farm installing electrical engineering equipment mounting instrument and running conduit and terminating panels and disconnects.
Pros
good staff
Cons
shorts breaks
100% about safety
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 17, 2014
safety metting frist thing every moring. get your task from foreman.
i learned differnet tricks of trade when come to running conduit. management could of be better. co-workers were always willing to teach. the heat was the hardest part of job. the much needed breaks was the most enjoyable part of job.
Racist Company
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMFebruary 16, 2015
Although This Company Has GREAT PAY the work environment is very hostile due to racism. everyone is kin to each other and if you are not Mexican or their family then they will continue to try their best and get you fired.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours and racism
Productive Industrial work
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 20, 2015
Our basic duties at Saulsbury were the installation of rigid conduit in a heavy industrial area. Duties included measuring, cutting, threading, bending, and installing conduit. We used the smart bender and the threading machine for ranging from 1 to 3 inch conduit.
It's a good job.
Quality Inspector II (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 29, 2014
Very challenging work; I quite enjoy it. Enjoy working with my co-workers. Wanting to move back to Houston due to family reasons.
Pros
pay and benefits are great
Cons
job is not consistent. welding yard goes from job-to-job.
Great Family Oriented Company
front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 3, 2015
I loved working here, i would go back if i had the chance. I am a mother and my management understood when i had to take off or leave work early or unexpected, Great place to work at the corporate office.
Enjoyable work environment
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TexasJuly 22, 2015
Typical work week was 5 ten hours work days which increased to 7 12 hour days about 2/3 through the project to make schedule. Worked well with site staff and upper management. Learned much about claim management and scope control.
very stressful
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 17, 2015
there is NO Management there that cares about your work and how good you work at it every one there is all about themselves,not about teamwork . Safety is very good there, and that is all i have to say about them
Pros
good worker
Cons
there not a thing to work with. You cant get any thing to work with
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 15, 2015
Saulsbury has a great management team. It trickles from upper management to the green emplyees in the field. This is the first time I have worked for Saulsbury. The employees whether upper management to apprentices in the field have a great attitude and their safety culture is outstanding.
Very Productive and a high pace enviroment
Material Coordinatoor (Current Employee) –  HoustonJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work. Management allows you to advance in your career with opportunities to grow. They take employees suggestions and try to accommodate so an employee can be comfortable.
Work Area
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Cortez,CoJuly 27, 2015
Work area and task area kept neat,clean.The workers kept work safe everyday for all workers..safety was good thing about it made it fun to be at that project..
Pros
Safety luncheon
Cons
Did work longer to get healthcare benefits
Productive and Comfortable
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMNovember 23, 2015
Comfortable environment, productive work experience, excellent communication among crafts.
I learned about setting elevations and setting anchor bolts. Most of what I know today is what I learned from working with this company.
Pros
Gaining ethical work experience