SAV-ON DRUGS Employee Reviews

This was a great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grosse Ile, MIJuly 25, 2017
This was a very good job. The people that I worked with were great. the management are great. The only real negative is that the pay was not very good and they offered no health benefits
It's ok for a part time minimum wage job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 12, 2017
I like the customer interaction and the job duties are not hard, but it just doesn't pay enough. The manager is great but Corporate is cheap. No supplies for a very small break room. Not even paper towel.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, on your feet a lot, low pay
worked my way up by hard work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJune 8, 2017
When I was first hired I scooped ice cream. Then about 6 to 9 mos later I was promoted to cashier. When they didn't need me as a cashier I would help with setting up new displays of inventory. Also helping out the people stocking the store. Then I got my own area of the store to keep stocked. During christmas I worked the night shift stocking overhead areas with the toys, cosmetics and gift boxes we would get in during holidays. I learned everything at this job. How to work as a team player was probably the best thing also self motivation. Being able to think on your feet.
Pros
Great job with room for advancement
Nightmare at best
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitmore Lake, MIDecember 30, 2016
I worked for this company for 7 years. In that time, it took them 4 years to give me a raise while others around me with less seniority got raise after raise. The store management is a nightmare and likes to play favorites causing the turnover rate on employees to be very high. Most people who work there for a number of years simply keep their heads down and do their tasks so as not to become the target of a manager having a bad day. Some employees even enjoy throwing others under the bus when it suits them, something I have seen first hand. Higher management is cliquey and relentlessly bully its employees rather than work with them. Intimidation isn't above them either, physical and psychological. There have been occasions when higher management have been known to yell at store managers IN FRONT of customers, loom over shorter employees when "correcting" issues, and even gang up on employees during "conferences". Even terminations were a production with either a manager acting nice then doing a 180 and firing you or higher management interrogating you like a war criminal before releasing you to do a walk of shame out of the building. Working for this company is just for the paychecks than for a career.
Pros
The customers were friendly
Cons
Everything else
Company closed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2015
A was a good place to work but the company closed the co workers was good team players they taught me alot about customer service and being a cashier.
Great bosses and fast paced work enviroment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  8116 L.V. Blvd. S. L.V., Nv.July 27, 2015
Fun and fulfilling job. A lot of great merchandise to ring up. Great pay. They treat their employees well. Offered benefits and really seem to care about their employees.
Boring.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westland, MichiganMay 1, 2015
A Typical day at work will consist of Standing around doing nothing. 115 People were a max of people coming through line on a 8 hour shift. The only thing I have learned was keeping my composure. Management is a total joke. No one can take responsibility for there actions. I would get Scolded for asking a question, Like asking for more change. I was told to do something than no one would tell me how to do it than I would do it my way and than get scolded for doing it wrong. Management would also tell other Co-Workers about issues that other Co-Workers had. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy with nothing to do. The enjoyable part of the job were the regulars and the sweet people who come into the store.
great people
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAApril 23, 2015
great workplace from coworkers to managers.i learned so much from this place. learned how provide great customer service. Thank You.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
none at all.
I loved my job at Sav-on Drugs
Bookkeeper/Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2014
I loved to work in the greeting card section, and making the different displays. Loved to see the new cards and the seasonal stuff that came in.
Pros
Great Customers
Fun place to work.
Film Processor/1hr Photo/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lomita, CAAugust 18, 2014
I've learned how to process film and developed pictures. How to deal with the customer and do cashier. I don't think there's a hardest part of the job because we moved as a team.

Want to know more about SAV-ON DRUGS?

Ask a question
Great experience and employees
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 25, 2014
Working at Sav-On Drugs was amazing. They gave me my first look into the accounting working field. I enjoyed working with everyone wihin the company. Not only did I work with accounting but I was taught purchasing and it was always fun working there. My objection was the very high upper management. He was a very unfriendly man who, even if it was his company, expected everyone to ask "how high?" when he said jump. He did not respect his employees and was more interested in hiring people who he could mold to be what he wanted. Having experience is important and everyone, including me, is looking to find their career and company. However, this was not an option because as soon as you got comfortable and able to do everything that was expected of you, they would move you to something else because someone new and younger was brought in to take your place.
Pros
Co-workers, compensation, hours, experience
Cons
Upper management, lack of basic needs
Productive and a Very busy store
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAApril 23, 2014
Assist customers in filling their prescriptions,help with over the counter items, Customer service, cashiering, and stocking medication
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours and open during the holidays
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 31, 2014
there is alot of ways to move up there now cvs and they will porvide
Where my new career began.
Pharmacy Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 21, 2014
A new beginning started for me at Sav-on which later became CVS, as a clerk trained long and hard with great employees and Pharmacy mgr. who was very proud of my dedication and work ethics and customer service which lead me to become the Pharmacy technician I am today. The overall Store and department was excellent orientated who looked out and cared for their associates.Overall great place to work.
Pros
Learned a lot to become Pharmacy Technician
Cons
Not enough hours had to leave company for higher postition
Front end cashier/manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 9, 2013
Developed pictures, stocked shelves, and provided customer service where needed and when needed.
Pros
It was a good work environment
Cons
Can't think of any
easy assign job
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 5, 2013
can advance to a lot of different department. co worker are fun. management is great.
Pros
easy work
Cons
swing shift
first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 25, 2013
For this being my first job,I absolutely loved it. I loved the the people I worked with my management team was great and I was learning how to do everything from cashiering, to stocking to developing photos.I enjoyed helping the people who came.
Different experience, learning something new
Pharmacy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 22, 2013
Typed prescriptions, Heavy phone lines, Cashier,
Verified insurance,Prior authorizations
Stocked and cleaned shelves, typed inventory, stocked inventory, pulled out dated prescriptions from shelves.
Team work
Hardest not getting promised advancement
Having customers leave happy
Pros
Learned how to be a pharmacy technicine
Cons
not becoming a pharmacy technicine
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAApril 3, 2013
Very productive work place. Flexible schedule. Learned a lot.
N/a
Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAMarch 10, 2013
Not a great career starter but good first job for young students