SAVA SENIOR CARE

SAVA SENIOR CARE Employer Reviews

Good place to work with nice people
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee), Westland, MIJanuary 29, 2015
I worked for this place for almost 2 years.I learned a lot from this place and miss nice coworkers and managers.Overall working experience was good.
no training
charge nurse (Former Employee), texas hill countryJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: floor staff cares about the residents
Cons: management shirks some basic responsibilities
Hired as a charge nurse, received the four hours of the required training but received no training on the company's and facility's processes, policies, procedures, paperwork, or on the computers - was told that the facility had a nurse orientation program but did not have the staff or time to do it and it was my responsibility (as a new employee) to seek out the training - management did not accept the responsibility for the training - old building
For a time it was enjoyable but then a lot of problems began to occur.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Pleasanton, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: you get paid double on holidays.
Cons: only one 30 min break for an 8 hour shift, sometimes you won't get a break, and the time clock will automatically, take out the thirty mins from your pay.
Within the work environment, it became very stressful because it was really hard to get along with others, and if the others did not particularly like you. You would wind up not being able to get help with your patients. The best part was getting to talk to the residents and being able to make their day.
same amount of bricks with half the straw
nurse (Current Employee), chicagoJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: clean building nice coworkers
Cons: obtuse management foolish business practices
This company works the staff to sheer exhaustion. The corporate support is no more than lip service. No supplies or key staff members to care for residents. They facility I am at was losing hundreds of thousands of dollars because they wouldn't hire even the basic bodies to do the job. My regional nurse was an idiot and had dangerous if not illegal recommendations. One nurse to 18 ventilator patients. The regional operations just showed up randomly with a sad face. Too afraid to go to bat for the facility. Major referral sources and doctors pulling out with disgust. HMS Sava sinking. SOS
A wonderful place to work
LPN, Claim Utilization Reviewer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: work friendly environment
Cons: sometimes there may be an overload of audits at once
I love working for Sava Senior Care. I started working for the company fresh out of Nursing school and have been working under great leaders. The hardest part of my job can be when we are slammed with hundreds of audits.
Need to Reassess Priorities
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Clayton, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Corporate goals are extremely high, but corporate resources are sparse. Administrative staff is expected to be at the facility 10-12 hrs/day without any compensation. Staff turnover high.
Horrible place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: above average pay and benifits.
Cons: bad moral ! management expecting the impossible. constant beration and turnover.
Management wanting census, while buildings were in need of improvements, smelled bad and had extremely low rating and numerous violations. Instead of improving conditions solution was to yell at sales reps on national confrence calls.
A fun workplace
Resident Care Specialist (Current Employee), Loveland, CODecember 18, 2014
i really like the workplace but i m not so sure about the company and its management
Worst company I've ever worked for in the skilled nursing industry
Operations (Current Employee), West DivisionNovember 22, 2014
Pros: nothing notable to mention
Cons: unethical, fear based leadership style, zero appreciation for staff, executive leadership is simply hypocritical and useless
Most unethical company I have ever worked for. Absolutely disgusting treatment of staff and questionable operations in general at the facility level. Scary company to be associated with.
Fun place to work at times loved the residents
Resident care assistant (Former Employee), Clinton townshipNovember 18, 2014
Pros: fun at times, benefits, residents, overtime
Cons: pay, lack of team work, etc
I worked for sava at clinton aire nursing facility . It was just like every other job some good days some bad . There was a lot of work for very little pay . There is a lot of overtime available . I think that it's a who you know facility , If you know people then your request will be met if not then you have to wait in line like regular people some people fo show favortisim they have a lot to work on as facility . If they focus on team work getting pay advances and show fair treatment maybe the overturn rate can change for the better
very sad place due to abuse of staff
receptionist (Current Employee), north carolinaOctober 4, 2014
Pros: wonderful families and patients
Cons: low moral, dirty buildings, horrible corporate staff
pay cuts, a RESPECT program for employees that is a joke, The CEO, COO, and RVPO's are convincing liars. $$$ is all that is important. The running out of supplies, the short staff, the low employee moral. Corporate staff that threatens employees daily. working as a salaried employee for 65-70 hours a week, on call 24/7 a day, no time off but you are not paid for this. if you complain your gone. all the positive reviews if you look are not floor staff employees. I wouldn't complain if i was getting those kinds of bonuses. They just sold off the poor dietary employees to one of the worst companies out there. God Bless them they lost all their benefits. The patients are the one great thing they appreciate all you do. no vision, no good outlook, the state and federal goverment are going to find out that fraud is going on. This is a direct quote from a corporate consultant" no longer worry about if they can dress themselves, brush their teeth or wipe their a**, hmo's wont send them here if we take more than 14 days. Just make sure they can get out of the house if its on fire" I am not joking this was real. this must be why they did away with HR in the buildings, no employees have rights
Wonderful opportunity but turned out to be very unstable
Executive Director, Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: weak benefit package / no retirement offered
 Consult on 8-week projects in under-performing facilities to generate census growth
 Evaluate facility overall performance in clinical, operational, marketing and physical plant efficiencies
 Devise and implement business development strategies to ensure census sustainability
 Build team coalition with leadership and staff to enact business growth strategies
 Integrate referring hospital, clinic and physician account base from provider to executive level
 Prepare and make high-impact, needs-based presentations to enhance customer loyalty
 Understand healthcare delivery market dynamics including: hospital and clinic systems,
managed health care, government programs, pharmacy benefit programs, formulary and drug utilization
review processes, reimbursement certification for SNF, LTC and Rehabilitation
Poor Management
Management (Current Employee), Montrose, ALSeptember 16, 2014
Cons: poor mamagement by facility and upper management
I would not recommend this place of employment for anyone. If you value yourself, work ethics and principles- then look for a different company. I have lost all respect for the management of this company from the facility level all the way the way to the top. There is constant management by lying, fear, humiliation and retaliation from management. If you bring forth any concern be ready for retaliation from upper management. The administrator managed by intimidation. Never solved any problems, but rather intimidated employees and blamed them for the issues. The truth is he never wanted to hear anything employees had to say. Staffing is at a bare legal limit. The staff is overworked and under paid. Employee moral is at an all time low. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Atlanta North Georgia Territory
Division Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Atlanta GAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: the income and benefits
Cons: poor care of the patient and bad feedback concernint the care rendered
I was thinking about taking a position as Division Director of Sales and Marketing in the SE United States. After reading the employee opinions of the management and overall care I am hesitant to even agree for an interview.

I have seldom seen such negative responses from employees who are the back bone of the care rendered. Poor management ratings treatment of the employees and according to the patient staff the care rendered to the patients is subpar at best.
lpn position floor nurse
lpn (Current Employee), Durango, COJune 18, 2014
Pros: taking care so such great residents
Cons: not enough staff a lot of times to give that extra care needed
i have enjoyed working for four corners health care over the last 29 years but now my family has relocated and i wish to be closer to my children and grandchildren and have decided to resign my position. I have totally enhance the quality of my life caring for the residents and will miss it very much. it has been a great opportunity for me and i have learned so much over the years.
good company
LPTA (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 16, 2014
good place to work I enjoyed my coworkers was very organized and very patient driven
Underpaid short staffed
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Durango, CoMay 30, 2014
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: short staffed, underpaid
Worked part time as a dietary aide. Employees worked really hard but facility short staffed and I was supposed to have at least 3 others helping. Got there at 4 and left past 2 AM. Also way underpaid and everyone was miserable. Boss never there. Horrible work environment DO NOT work here unless you want to be overworked and underpaid.
Burned out employees
Line staff (Former Employee), Coraopolis, PAMay 14, 2014
Pros: good rehab department; good long term staff that does care but are taken advantage of
Cons: respect cards are a joke- none here; no raises for years
Good rehab center that is only maintaining their reputation because of long term employees that actually care ; they "reward" those employees by no raises, cheap lunches, pathetic yearly Christmas party and hiring new staff that aren't held to the standard of the older staff; DON good but moody and flips on staff in hallway; she runs the building not the short little man in the front office (administrator) who twitches and is ignorant to staff- but let's promote him!! He only looks good because the DON runs the building; HR lady is a former nurses aide with no HR background; she is also rude to staff and not sure how she gets away with what she says to staff; she was also promoted apparently for her expertise and typical answer to questions to look at company website and handbook; no one to report this bad behavior to since there is retaliation when you call the corporate compliance line
Who is Sava Senior Care really?
Admissions Director (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 14, 2014
This job has a love/hate relationship for most. Management is continually shifting limiting educational/training opportunities. Very stressful job that is rewarding only in compensation. Great to break into the industry.
Great company
Senior Care (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 14, 2014
wish i was still here - amazing company to work for - amazing management team

1 2 3 4

About SAVA SENIOR CARE

SavaSeniorCare has a flair for elder care. The privately held company operates about 190 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities – Read more