Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews in United States

Nurse
LPN (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILApril 4, 2016
This company is full of it. The pay is horrible for staff nurses but great for Cnas. They lie lie lie about raises the DON act like she is in another world the administratior walks around trying to be friends with the employees instead of following basic rules. The kitchen is nasty with 49 tags. Please don't get caught up in the bull of this is a good company there are so many others that appreciate great staff West Chester is not one of them!
Pros
Computerized Human Resources
Cons
Low pay, short staffed disconnected management
Quickly becoming very dissapointed with this company
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  COMarch 30, 2016
No guarantee on hours. Split time between 2 buildings in order to get enough hours. No real benefits. No employee matching for 401 k. only compensates 400$ toward insurance. direct supervisor understanding of family time. have to work 90 days before paid time off kicks in. Building supervisors completely unsupportive of therapy department. Poor marketing, poor staff training, client load continues to decline while census declines as well. Recent expenditure to renovate facets of building on areas that needed no improvement while other areas such as plumbing, food quality, staff training, understaffing, goes unattended. No budget for therapists, have to make do with what is already here/there. Constantly short staffed. Staff that is here is over worked and many have negative attitudes. DON & ADON sat and ignored room call light for 20+ minutes while patient was stuck on toilet. Call lights go unanswered constantly. The list goes on. Corporate is only concerned with productivity with no concern for state mandated breaks.
Pros
havent really found any yet.
Cons
no real benefits.
The staff is down to earth
Rcs (Former Employee) –  missouri city txAugust 28, 2015
I was here 4 years full time and never got a raise. The management was bad then. The staffing has faltered due to the treatment of employees drastically. I'm just here prn now.There's new management as far as the Nursing services who are just trying to get in and get it together. Its not great. They can never keep new employees .3 Cnas to 50 and up patients is not good for everyone. No breaks or lunches and it's still being taken out.I'm helping out but Corporate knows the situation and refuses to acknowledge the staff as a group.
Pros
Its never overstaffed, good staff for the most part
Cons
no breaks, not compensated and poor accomodations
Definitely do not work for this company
therapy (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCDecember 30, 2015
Therapy productivity expectations reached as high as 95%. Not enough computers for all employees in department. We were forced to treat all pts at ultra highs. Upper management chased off or fired good employees and turned a deaf ear to those who reported therapists of deviant activity. They took us into a room individually and asked leading questions in order to use statements against each other. They fired a female therapist for late documentation with out warning and only wrote up a male therapist guilty of the same thing along with other things. I could go on and on. The management in the building encourage dissension between therapy and other departments. The building smells. The residents are not cared for properly which is abuse. The residents in the dementia unit have few places to sit and very little activities.
seriously
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 13, 2016
Concerned about numbers & medicare dollars only. They don't give raises. Only the managers get a bonus for keeping the census high by not sending people out to the hospital. The nurses have at least 31 patients each. The cna has at least 15 patients each. The work load is impossible to keep up with because not enough staff and too many patients for one nurse. It is the most frustrating place I have ever worked. Hard work & efforts are not appreciated but only taken advantage of. The comapny is unstable. They lay people off every year. Upper management treat you like you are uneducated & that you don't matter. You are not respected or treated as a professional. You are treated like a work horse. They just want their numbers up. Your concerns as a employee is totally disregarded. No such thing as work/life balance. Co-workers & managers are mean, snappy, hostile. It is justt an unpleasant place to work.
Awful place to work for.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCJuly 29, 2016
I have been here a year and a half now and I have been miserable the whole time I've been here. They don't care about their employees. We are overworked and underpaid. We are so short staffed that we have RNs working as cnas a lot of the time. I wouldn't apply here. Go somewhere else that is better pay and where they care about their employees. Not recommended to work here! When we're short, I have 25 plus patients to care for by myself. Most of them are total dependence so it is difficult.
Pros
Most employees care for their residents and love them.
Cons
The company is dedicated to quality patient care from the top of the company down.
Rehab Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMay 29, 2016
Typical day is action packed with new challenges every minute. Working in the rural area adds an additional challenge in time management, but offers beautiful scenery and pleasant local interactions.

I have learned to stay calm and examine all points of view before proceeding with an action because as a manager all actions and words carry weight and are scrutinized. I have also learned that people appreciate it when they are given time to be heard.

My co-workers are the best! Everyone of them is dedicated to helping our residents and caring for their own family.

The hardest part of my job is continually adjusting to the changing demands of insurance carriers and the healthcare system.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients go back to their home, or being able to move more freely in their home at the facility.

One thing I appreciate with this company is that everyone I have met is very ethical and strives for high quality performance in themselves as well as their employees.
Save your License
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, ILMay 22, 2016
I been a nurse for 15yrs+ and I honestly never seen such a disorganized facility! This is my part time weekend gig and its actually more stressful than my primary job!

The facility itself is practically new (because of management shutting down many units), the PLACE is not bad at all however the care given to the patients its a joke! But how can you expect to receive good care when your Nurse and your CNA are given 1 staff to 31 (vents, gtubes, trach patients)completely dependent on staff for ADLS?????

The staff is absolutely amazing and tries to help but the morale is so low, everyone just trying to make it through the day! Management is very disorganized and there is no communication. Staffing SUCKS, imaginary staff added to schedule. DO NOT APPLY HERE TO WORK AS YOUR PRIMARY JOB...if you are a nurse you will QUICKLY lose your license! CNAs...RUNNNNNN!
Pros
Facility clean, experience with acute patients, overtime is ALWAYS possible
Cons
Staffing is always an issue, liability is very high, census very low, lack of supplies, Wound Nursing team is not reliable, food is nasty...too many to list.
What a shame
nurse (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 1, 2016
Was excited to come to this company, not knowing it was sold to sava :( Very poorly run corporation. The greed is at the top...no trickle down. Cut more cenas/nuses...SO scary for patients care. They brag they care about patient care BUT actions YELL louder then words!! They care about "NUMBERS" only. Would not put my dog here. What a shame. Return patients are so disappointed and won't be back. Word of mouth is KILLER, hospitals report as well as long time employees how poor these facilities have become...it's time to go..this is TOO embarrassing to treat patients and employees in such a poor manner. Karma to the corporation pigs.
Pros
quiting
Cons
working there
Employees active in local Relay for Life; Sponsored family in need in community Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALApril 20, 2016
Good facility, older building, but well maintained. Company focused on needs of building to improve resident care. Company in process of replacing all manual beds to electric beds over the past 2 and coming years.

Good staff, lots of activities planned and carried out for employees and activities for residents. Employees willing to participate and help with large activities focused on residents.
Pros
Long termed Department Managers.
Cons
Kitchen services contracted out and increase in price of meals.
One tough place to work
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXApril 6, 2016
I love all the residents and my DON but this place is unorganized, no training, except for on the job...employee morale is low, a lot of insubordination going on. paperwork is overwhelming and you rarely get help with it. often way too much expected to get done on one 8 hour period. Employees calling in way too often. This is just a whole different ball game. I have learned a lot in a hard way but I believe I am a better nurse for it. I am happy but frustrated most of the time. Love, love, love my residents...
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
unorganized, low morale, understaffed and not free breakfast, lunch or dinner
Run
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brentwood SubacuteApril 9, 2016
This facility is all about politics. The DON has her "team" and gives them the best assignments/special assignments/best shifts/OT. At the time of the interview the DON promises you everything in the world. Once you step into the facility it's a mess from the start. The orientation process is a joke. Giving fresh out of school nurses 1 week of training (if you're lucky) expecting them to be successful is dangerous. The patients are dirty. Never saw them get showers or complete bed baths... Which they're always short staffed so they're lucky they even got changed. The rooms are dirty. No supplies. No communication between departments. All the patients complain about the food. The census is ridiculously low because no families or doctors want to send anyone there. Customer service is terrible. Good luck to anyone looking to work in this dump. The admin & DON brought all ghetto and rude staff to BurbankOn the bright side there is always opportunity for OT since they have no staff. . It once was a great place to work, steadily going down hill since Sava took over.
Pros
Opportunity for OT
Cons
Everything!
Don't Go To Work Here
management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2015
You spend most of your day in meetings and there is very little time to do the work you where hired to get done which is to care for the patients. There are lots of care and patient concerns that are not resolved in a timely manner. The company has constantly high turnover in all departments which results in poor patient care daily. The facility has had three administrators in nine months and the current and the former administrators where both tyrants and bullies daily with all the staff. There is poor company morale through out. The staff receives little appreciation for good work that is performed. There is constant in-fighting among the staff and it is out of control in-fighting among the management staff. The administrators keep the strife going as they are the ring leaders of the madness. Don't go to work here. I've worked in healthcare services within managment almost twenty years and this place is the worst place I've ever worked in my entire career!
Pros
Cons
In-Fighting, Poor Morale, Bad Leadership, Constant High Turnover
I hated working here
FSA (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJuly 28, 2016
They expected me to be exactly like my sister right off the back. This was my first job I didn't know what to do a very fast pace working environment. My Co workers were very mean to me I went home crying almost every night. And the only reason I didn't walk out and leave is because it would embarrass my mother a RN at the facility. So everyday I put a smile on my far went to work and kept my mouth shut.
Runnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 6, 2016
Run for the hills!!!!! This place is so sad because the residents aren't getting the proper care that they needed due to understaffing. I was a former employee and the stress from not having the right staff is real. It's was hard to put a smile on your face trying to care for the residents. Since all the administrators left it's going to down hill. If you know what's best skip this application and go and apply some where else.......Save yourself the headache and time!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Understaffing
Awful company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 27, 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. Cooperate cares NOTHING about staff but more importantly they care nothing about the patients. SAVA is the most money hungry place I have ever worked for. Enjoyed the staff I worked with but hate SAVA. Do not place your loved ones somewhere that is owned by SAVA.
Pros
Cons
Always short staffed and alot of discrimination
Horrible place to work! Would NEVER place a loved one in this facility!!!
RCS (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 16, 2016
This is not a good place toWORK!!!!!The Administrator and DON are incompetent!!! You disagree with them and they TERMINATE you! You refuse to stay after your shift is over and they TERMINATE you! Low moral, working short staffed ( 1 RCS to 44 residents! ) no supplies, and will repermand you for NOT taking a break when there is only 2 RCS working! If you love your family member, please DO NOT TAKE THEM TO SUMTER EAST OR WEST HEALTH & REHABILITATION OF SUMTER, SC!!!!!!
Pros
REALLY! there aren't any!!!
Cons
STAFFING IS A JOKE! WILL ALLOW OVERTIME JUST TO SHORT YOUR SCHEDULE THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULE!
Lack of staffing
LPN (Current Employee) –  CAMBRIDGE SOUTHApril 15, 2016
Heavy worked load, staff is hard to keep . People are constantly quitting. Are pay is low.
Cena will have 20 plus patients to care for. The nurse always have unsuspected problems with a patient. Passed medications to about thirty patients and if someone get ill? She has to stop and take care of this patient. While her work is there and she still need to maintained profession calm.
Pros
NONE
Cons
LACK OF COMMUNICATION, AND POOR TRAINING
Great experience on my end, I have learned a lot from staff!
Rehabilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 15, 2016
Totally unique company. Always typical day at work. Management is thriving to get the place in "order". The most enjoyable part is when staff gets to wear jeans and free meal on your birthday!
Pros
Birthday lunch is always appreciated.
Cons
Too far from where I live.
Appreciative of a job well done; encourages employees to excel, good work enviroment
HR/Benefits/Payroll/AP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kenansville, NCAugust 9, 2016
Great HR group. Appreciates a job well done, encourages employees to excel and awards accordingly. Work environment great. Some stress but manageable. Demanding at times but is also manageable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3