SAVA SENIOR CARE Employee Reviews

Horrible company
LVN charge nurse (Former Employee), Corpus christi txJuly 26, 2015
Pros: floor Staff
Cons: Managment no staff noncaring
I had been with the company for two and a half years Retama North Corpus Christi Building when I asked to go part-time and the management refused to let me stay part time and let me go. The management is horrible they don't care how short staffed you are their exact words "suck it up". Cooperate is no help. Its all about census and money patient care and staffing is not a priority for this company. Its disgusting DO NOT WORK HERE. you will regret it
No management support
Business Office Director (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 21, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no management support
No orientation or training to systems, typical day included census verification, insurance verification and other billing related acitivity
Sava Senior Care
Senior Team Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Good people.
Cons: Challening technical aspects.
Trying to do the most with the least leads to a challenges technically. The people however are golden. Overall it's a good place to work.
Cutthroat work environment
Sales Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
Though I worked there 15 years, I would not reccommend Sava Senior Care to anyone as a place of employment or place as residence for ederly family member.
Great employees
Senior Care, Director of Community Relations (Former Employee), Longmont, COMay 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Upper Management
Great people to work with.
Need more community awareness
Short staffed clinically
Terrible housekeeping staff
Residents are happy
Great Place To Work
Senior Care (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: compensation benefits
Cons: Work/Life Balance
Upper Management needs to be more involved of the Daily Activities of the Facilities whereas they would have a clearer understanding of the needs and concerns the sale team has to overcome on a daily basis.
patients fun, department heads need work
Resident Care Specialist (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 1, 2015
Pros: PATIENTS ARE FUN
Cons: ATTITUDES SUCK
always understaffed turn over rate 97% management is somewhat friendly after a few months. the hardest part of the job is the attitudes from the nurses and everyone wanting to be the BOSS! OH YEAH YOU GET NO LUNCH OR DINNER UNLESS YOU GET IN GOOD WITH THE KICHEN AIDES
Obtained great experience and met excellent people across the country in the centers I worked with
Executive Director (Former Employee), homeApril 13, 2015
Pros: Accumulated airline points and hotel points and worked with great people
Cons: Too much travel and being away from home
There are some really wonderful people working for Sava Senior Care. Those individuals really have the best interest of their patients/residents at heart.

I don't mind traveling for work however after four years the flight travel M-Thurs wore on me. I missed home and felt as if I constantly lived out of a suitcase and in hotels. Loved my job but began to feel as if I was missing out on a personal life with my husband and family.
Horrible nurse managers
Nursing (Former Employee), Austell, GeorgiaMarch 17, 2015
Pros: No 12 hour shifts
Cons: Poor management, no raises offered, too much workload on a single person
The staff that provides direct patient care is a pleasure to work with. The management personnel do not truly care about staff. It's a family affair, meaning most of management at this facility is in some way related to the administrator, friends, or once upon a time a former co-worker of the DON. The DON has a funny way of showing appreciation. Most of the time the DON rarely speaks when passing you in the hallway. In addition to not even acknowledging you, having a sick family member or even yourself being ill does not concern the DON. You're expected to report to work. The scheduler decides who has days off when requested. Only select few are granted time off requested. Reprimands are the daily usual at this facility and are not done so privately. Unit managers pass on work to floor staff and do not offer help at all during emergencies or when staff feels overwhelmed. You cannot even count on the managers to answer a call light, offer a patient help to restroom, or ask if anything they can help with. This place do not give raises and when there is an opportunity to grow, the outside public has a better chance. I would not recommend anyone applying at this facility.
Good company to work for
Registered Nurse/Treatment Nurse (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: my position had flexible hours
Cons: budgetary constraints
A good company to work for. Staff members was a great bunch of people and fun to work with. Enjoyed working closely with residents and staff.
Sad place to work, when your not being told how your going to get fired your over worked
CNA (Former Employee), kerrvile TxFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: pros: you get paid double on holidays
Cons: cons: other than getting mrsa, was written up a month after a call in for not coming in with a open wound, only one 30 min break for an 8 hour shift, unless there are cut backs tgen you are forced to take a hour break. sometimes you won't get a break, and the time clock will automatically, take out the thirty mins from your pay.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), January 29, 2015 Edgwater care center Kerrville Tx

Within the work environment, it became very stressful because it was really hard to get along with management. Management lives in one world and want you to sign documents to say you are doing work you are not doing.You would wind up not being able to get help with your patients. Other times you dont have the supplies you need no gloves no wipes no under pads.

The best part was getting to talk to the residents and being able to make their day. The Cnas I worked with where great some goog nurses too however management needs a wake up call.
Dietary Aide - Nightmare job
dietary aide (Current Employee), michiganJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: i take solace knowing that sava management will someday live in their own nursing home.
Cons: too much to mention
Sava took over our nursing home recently and promised everyone the world. Withing two weeks people started getting fired and requirements for the rest of the workers doubled. We are getting paid minimum wage and forced to do more work than is possible in the allotted time. We do not get any overtime pay, if we cant finish we have to work for free after our shift or we will get fired. The food is not even there half the time and residents are upset and staff are upset also having to do what they can to fill in for whats missing from the menu if even possible.
It is disgusting how this company treats residents and also staff. They must be truly evil to take advantage of the weak and vulnerable people who live in a nursing home and those who work for minimum wage and don't have the luxury of finding work elsewhere.
Good place to work with nice people
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee), Westland, MIJanuary 29, 2015
I worked for this place for almost 2 years.I learned a lot from this place and miss nice coworkers and managers.Overall working experience was good.
no training
charge nurse (Former Employee), texas hill countryJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: floor staff cares about the residents
Cons: management shirks some basic responsibilities
Hired as a charge nurse, received the four hours of the required training but received no training on the company's and facility's processes, policies, procedures, paperwork, or on the computers - was told that the facility had a nurse orientation program but did not have the staff or time to do it and it was my responsibility (as a new employee) to seek out the training - management did not accept the responsibility for the training - old building
For a time it was enjoyable but then a lot of problems began to occur.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Pleasanton, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: you get paid double on holidays.
Cons: only one 30 min break for an 8 hour shift, sometimes you won't get a break, and the time clock will automatically, take out the thirty mins from your pay.
Within the work environment, it became very stressful because it was really hard to get along with others, and if the others did not particularly like you. You would wind up not being able to get help with your patients. The best part was getting to talk to the residents and being able to make their day.
same amount of bricks with half the straw
nurse (Current Employee), chicagoJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: clean building nice coworkers
Cons: obtuse management foolish business practices
This company works the staff to sheer exhaustion. The corporate support is no more than lip service. No supplies or key staff members to care for residents. They facility I am at was losing hundreds of thousands of dollars because they wouldn't hire even the basic bodies to do the job. My regional nurse was an idiot and had dangerous if not illegal recommendations. One nurse to 18 ventilator patients. The regional operations just showed up randomly with a sad face. Too afraid to go to bat for the facility. Major referral sources and doctors pulling out with disgust. HMS Sava sinking. SOS
A wonderful place to work
LPN, Claim Utilization Reviewer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: work friendly environment
Cons: sometimes there may be an overload of audits at once
I love working for Sava Senior Care. I started working for the company fresh out of Nursing school and have been working under great leaders. The hardest part of my job can be when we are slammed with hundreds of audits.
Need to Reassess Priorities
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Clayton, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Corporate goals are extremely high, but corporate resources are sparse. Administrative staff is expected to be at the facility 10-12 hrs/day without any compensation. Staff turnover high.
Horrible place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: above average pay and benifits.
Cons: bad moral ! management expecting the impossible. constant beration and turnover.
Management wanting census, while buildings were in need of improvements, smelled bad and had extremely low rating and numerous violations. Instead of improving conditions solution was to yell at sales reps on national confrence calls.
A fun workplace
Resident Care Specialist (Current Employee), Loveland, CODecember 18, 2014
i really like the workplace but i m not so sure about the company and its management