Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

Best LTC company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2017
I have been running skilled nursing centers for 17 years. I can honestly say the Sava Senior Care is the best company I have worked for to date. Sava has developed an employee culture program that far exceeds anything any other company I have worked for in the past. Wages are competitive, at least in my market. I don't know that there is a more compassionate elder care organization out there. The motto this year is "Do the Right Thing" and this company means it.
Pros
Care connection program for CNA's.
Cons
Working in a LTC has all the same cons. Sava mitigates those cons.
Same review everyone else gives
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
Total and complete lack of leadership, vision, planning and execution. Amazing CEO who deserves much better. A great place for third party firms to stalk. They hemorrhage cash because the majority of their recruiting team is awful and the hiring managers in the field are totally frustrated.
Pros
Comp - above standards
Cons
Benefits and PTO are below standard
The best long-term care company I have worked for in 17 years.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX 75075June 2, 2017
The best long-term care company I have worked for in 17 years. Sava has outstanding employee cultural programs. There are excellent opportunities to advance for those who are willing to put in the effort. Pay rates are very competitive on all levels. I am very fortunate in my region that we have outstanding regional support. I would highly recommend getting into this Company, if you can.
Pros
competitive pay. Great ownership . Outstanding support structures to facilitate success.
Cons
Same challenges of any SNF.
I will never work there again
Special Resident Care (Former Employee) –  GAMay 16, 2017
The top managements are great but they have no clue what's going on there. The night supervisors are bullies & very mean. They're always short staffed & the residents suffer that. There's a lot of favoritism going on there, you have to kiss there behinds all the time. They don't appreciate good workers & even when a resident compliments you, they wave it off.
Pros
Can't think of any but they're still good passionate ones.
Cons
They just don't care about the CNA's or the residents as they imply. The breaks are not actual.
Great people to work with
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILMay 16, 2017
I learned daily in my position and grew professionally. I enjoyed going to work each day, the people I worked with were like a second family to me. I had resources at my hand whenever I had any issues. I will be always grateful for the opportunity I had working with Sava.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Staffing issues
Hardest part of job
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 25, 2017
The hardest part of working for Sava Senior Care was administration/DON turnover. During the time I was employed there I had approx. 2 regular DON's in about 1 year period. The rest of the time interim Acting DON's lasting about 6 to 8 weeks. This making constant changing and confusion. Very clickish.
Pros
Residents
Cons
unorginized offices, always short staffed
Nicest company I have ever worked for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2017
I have worked for Sava Senior Care for several years and I have always been treated with kindness, respect, and support. After working for other national long term care companies I can honestly say that all employees in Sava have a voice. The programs for staff are outstanding. The President/CEO of the company always listens, CNA's have a council where they go to Atlanta once a year and share ideas with the CEO/President of the company. All healthcare companies have their challenges but I have always been treated well...when I'm having a successful run and even when I'm struggling with a challenge that affects my performance. The company encourages a balance between personal and professional life more than any company around. I feel that this company cheers me on and really wants to see me be successful. I can't say enough good things about Sava Senior Care.
Pros
Positive Culture, support, and kindness from top to bottom
Cons
the expected stress when working in long term care
Rude and disrespectful management!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayMarch 23, 2017
Never worked in such a negative environment as is here. Management daily threatens to write you up for anything and everything they can think of. Its scary coming to work, you will get degraded and disrespected regardless of how hard you work. Worst job ever, no team work, no job security, and no respect for their employees.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful and rude
Unrealistic expectations/corporate disconnect
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 20, 2017
The overall experience with this company was that we are expected to spend 80% of the time in the field in front of referral sources, yet a majority of your week is spent on conferences calls regarding WHY you aren't building referral source relationships.
Admissions Director/Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palisade, COFebruary 20, 2017
If the facility had a steady management team, the culture would be much better.
The hardest part of my job is making all the residents happy.

Want to know more about Sava Senior Care?

Ask a question
Fast work environment,
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIFebruary 16, 2017
Difficult for nursing to complete work assignment on an 8 HR shift, you have at times 35 residents to one nurse, you are responsible to do wound care treatments that at times take 35-40 min. to complete, often you do not have time to take a lunch break, and administration expects you to complete charting, also no help with admissions that generally take 3-4 hours to complete due to interruptions, there is no receptionist, calls go to rehab unit where the floor nurse has to handle all calls on top of everything else, not to mention short staff and frequent call-ins.
Pros
Some great hardworking co-workers
Cons
no teamwork, short staff
Understaffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, TNJanuary 16, 2017
Often have 50 patients with two aids, work on the rehab unit so patients are more demanding and require more time and attention. Have to start last dry round at 430am and patients don't get checked again till after breakfast which is sometimes after 9:00 am!
Pros
Love my patients
Cons
Wish I could spend more time caring for a patient but have to rush to get done!
Run the other way. Not worth it!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 27, 2016
I love the patients, they all have my heart. Management sucks and don't care about anyone but them selves they don't care if you're short and show favoritism, the more unprofessional you are the better it seems. That is the reason they always got a sign out front they are frequently hiring. Anyone with any sense doesn't stay there long
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management could care less about you. Unprofessional environment. Poor pay.
no word to describe beyond horrible
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 21, 2016
If they call you for an interview, just say no. Manamagent is weak, Mostly staffed by agency nurses because regular nurses have walked out. Reprehensible work demands. Insurance not company, negotiated rates through the marketplace and premiums.
Pros
Cons
everything
Enjoyable place to work, great residents, families, co-workers.
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIDecember 2, 2016
A typical day at work was taking phone calls and transferring them, or providing information to callers, admitting new residents into the computer, discharging residents, setting up resident trust accounts for residents, receiving and distributing mail, giving a tour of the facility, especially to walk-ins, filing, assembling new resident folders, and making sure welcome baskets were available for new residents.
I learned a lot about the whole nursing home culture, and working with a lot of different people (management, aides, nurses, residents, and their families.) I enjoyed being of assistance to co-workers (available to do projects for them whenever needed). My supervisor was amazing--was always available to answer questions, assist whenever needed (even on weekends), personable to everyone, and always a back-up for us. The hardest part was when residents had to leave, the most enjoyable parts were residents and their families as you got to know them well, and they were always happy to see a smiling face and sometimes words of comfort.
Pros
The people I worked with, great atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Lack of benefits.
The facility was struggling.
Interim Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 28, 2016
The facility was struggling because of repeated leadership turnover. There were good staff there but the change in oversight made it very difficult.
Good work environment.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2016
Good work environment. Personable employees. Offered tuition reimbursement to employees. Moderate health benefits. Free parking for all employees. Provided free lunches on primary holidays.
Pros
Gave out free tickets for theme park for employees and family.
Cons
limited career advancement
Do not work for this company
Sales (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 28, 2016
Very, Very, POOR culture for employees. There will be many openings in the near future as the whole sales team is looking to move on. It's one thing to have goals but another to try to meet the goals when the facilities deliver poor care.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
limited unreasonable bonus. NEW COO pretends culture, and respect are important however its not the truth. Very unethical company to work for, never used to be that way.
Another poorly managed company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 13, 2016
Avoid this company if you can. They will hire you as full time then only have part time hours leading to a loss in benefits. They want to push a caseload which dosent exhist or have you keep on patients which are not appropriate.
Good company
Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIOctober 4, 2016
Sava is a great company to work for, always doing fun and exciting things for the employees. The company has great benefits and compensation for Managment staffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3