SAVA SENIOR CARE Employee Reviews

Definitely do not work for this company
therapy (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCDecember 30, 2015
Therapy productivity expectations reached as high as 95%. Not enough computers for all employees in department. We were forced to treat all pts at ultra highs. Upper management chased off or fired good employees and turned a deaf ear to those who reported therapists of deviant activity. They took us into a room individually and asked leading questions in order to use statements against each other. They fired a female therapist for late documentation with out warning and only wrote up a male therapist guilty of the same thing along with other things. I could go on and on. The management in the building encourage dissension between therapy and other departments. The building smells. The residents are not cared for properly which is abuse. The residents in the dementia unit have few places to sit and very little activities.
Did not like it
Resident Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIDecember 22, 2015
terrible, I loved working with the residents and that's about it.
We always worked extremely short which is unsafe for residents.
Family
ADON (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 8, 2015
The clients and their families, and the staff were close knit and like family.
The days were hectic, busy and demanding for the most part.
Management, had to go through cooperate for completion of any plan of action. Therefore it took a long time to find out what the solution to a problem was. By then more problems had come up and that problem that was initiated a few weeks ago, had been forgotten.
The inability to quickly take care of issues was frustrating.
The best part, like I said , it was like a family.
Pros
Family like
Cons
Seemed to be short staffed as with any healthcare facility
Don't Go To Work Here
management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2015
You spend most of your day in meetings and there is very little time to do the work you where hired to get done which is to care for the patients. There are lots of care and patient concerns that are not resolved in a timely manner. The company has constantly high turnover in all departments which results in poor patient care daily. The facility has had three administrators in nine months and the current and the former administrators where both tyrants and bullies daily with all the staff. There is poor company morale through out. The staff receives little appreciation for good work that is performed. There is constant in-fighting among the staff and it is out of control in-fighting among the management staff. The administrators keep the strife going as they are the ring leaders of the madness. Don't go to work here. I've worked in healthcare services within managment almost twenty years and this place is the worst place I've ever worked in my entire career!
Pros
Cons
In-Fighting, Poor Morale, Bad Leadership, Constant High Turnover
Worst place in pueblo co
cna cna (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 9, 2015
I am a cna, and I can honestly say this was the worst facility I have ever worked at the girls there are ruder than rude they make your life miserable because you're not one of them I quit because they pretty much forced me to if I had any advice to give anybody when they are applying for this job understand what you're getting yourself into and know that this place is poorly managed and it's pretty much A skeleton crew not to be trusted!!displays honestly needs to be shut down and far as family members I would never ever ever put a family member in this place ever
Pros
No pros
Cons
everything
Not the best nursing home to work for.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXNovember 5, 2015
When I began all of the management was new so I understood a few minor mishaps but the entire time I worked there they were nonstop.
Resident care was not up to standards of the state and they had no interest in fixing that.
The CNAs loved their residents but it was a small ran down building that was WAY understaffed.
There was no way to provide excellent resident care in those conditions and under the management.
Pros
People love their residents
Very Professional Work environment with knowledgable therapists with experience.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niantic, CTNovember 1, 2015
Nice work environment with good rehab/nursing relationship for the best outcome for the patient. Excellent professional team with much experience. A newcomer will learn much from the friendly land helpful Rehab staff and seasoned therapists will love the ease of transitioning into the rehab team.
Epitomy of nursing homes
administration (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 27, 2015
Extremely poor pt care. Pt's c/o not having showers or baths for 2-3 weeks at a time. Staffing is a night mare, if state walked in would shut facility down, ie; 1 nurse for 104 pt's. Nurses pre pour meds and leave in cart. Sign off for meds not given.Staff had to buy own B/P cuffs, thermometers etc to do vital signs. Staff unknowledgeable about basic concepts of practice. facility extremely dirty and foul smelling. Corporate will not bring on temp staff to alleviate burden on already short staff. It leaves nursing staff in a very unsafe and liable position. CNA's and nurses working a 150+hours in 2 weeks. You can definitely tell this is a FOR PROFIT company. I would never even in a million years place anyone in a Sava facility or encourage anyone to work there.
Pros
good people who loved thier residents, residents
Great PT team environment,
Staff Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXOctober 12, 2015
Therapy and nursing staffs were very cooperative and complimentary of one another. PT and other rehab staff members were as well, unified.
Pros
Fun workplace. Great support from nursing staff
Cons
Distance from home.
A learning experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 5, 2015
Staff overloaded.
No management backup/lack of adequate management
Learned fine art of time management, or lack thereof.
It is all about the budget. Not about the patients.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
Staff overloaded.

Want to know more about SAVA SENIOR CARE?

Ask a question
Horrible place to work, poor staffing,
RCS (Former Employee) –  Justin, TxSeptember 18, 2015
I worked at this facility for a VERY short time. I regularly had 22 residents to care for, ALONE. IF i did have help scheduled it was moved to a different hall, drug addicts hired, regularly. Caught nurses sleeping on the job and when management was confronted with the problem they ignored it. Cna's came in late or not at all and never got remprimanded for it. A.D.O.N.S think they do nothing wrong and cannot be bothered. People in the kitchen and laundry worked for free, oftentimes clocking out to finish their jobs without being paid. They will not feed you without you paying up front for it, so dont even ask. No full time and consistent wound care done, not a single working whirlpool tub in the entire facility.

1 nurse and 1 cna is NOT ENOUGH to care for patients correctly!
Cons
Terrible management, no breaks, no help, this facility needs a major overhaul or to be shut down.
fast pased but still very gratifying.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palisade, COSeptember 1, 2015
the work day started at 6am, and I would make my rounds and assist patients with their morning routines. I would then help them make their way the cafeteria and would proceed with taking their breakfast order and move on to the next patient, that requested help including call lights in between. Breakfast would start and I would assist at the table with patients who ate mechanical soft foods and supervise. proceeding breakfast I would attend to patients who would request to got bed, taken to the activity room or those who needed help with ADLS. after i would chart everyone's progress for the day and repeat the process for lunch time and i would end my day cleaning rooms, answer call lights, and inform the next shift of how the day went and what care was given to patients including feeding, toileting,showering ect. during my employment my coworkers were very helpful and informative but while i worked i was able to work at a fast paced atmosphere to meet deadlines and how to multitask. due to me attending school I had to quit since my graduation and 6 week externship became a priority.
Pros
very enjoyable working with patients that expected and were thankfull for the assistance I provided.
Cons
work was fast paced.
The staff is down to earth
Rcs (Former Employee) –  missouri city txAugust 28, 2015
I was here 4 years full time and never got a raise. The management was bad then. The staffing has faltered due to the treatment of employees drastically. I'm just here prn now.There's new management as far as the Nursing services who are just trying to get in and get it together. Its not great. They can never keep new employees .3 Cnas to 50 and up patients is not good for everyone. No breaks or lunches and it's still being taken out.I'm helping out but Corporate knows the situation and refuses to acknowledge the staff as a group.
Pros
Its never overstaffed, good staff for the most part
Cons
no breaks, not compensated and poor accomodations
Do Not Work Here!!!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Brevard, NCAugust 25, 2015
There are so many negative things to say about this place. Resident care is poor and the building is falling apart. The smell in all the hallways is horrible and will take your breath away. Insurance is completely unaffordable and is not good quality even at such a high rate. You are made to falsify documents in order to prevent state regulators from being alerted. Management will threaten to take away your license or report you for abandonment if you refuse to work over from your assigned shift. There is a tremendous staffing shortage, especially of second and third shifts. Typically on second shift there will be a CNA to resident ratio of 1:30. This is not safe! Basically the management team there is a joke, and are all fake, while being completely under qualified for their position. There is no consideration for your personal life, and you will get numerous phone calls and text messages on your days off begging you to come in and work overtime. If you do not work overtime there you get on there bad list. Bottom line...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
To many to list!
hard working staff
LVN/MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
I joined this company due to recommendations from other employees. Very fast paced, enjoy meeting and helping all the different people.
Unethical practices by regional and district directors in Colorado Springs
Abused employee (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsAugust 2, 2015
Management not permitted to report drug diversions or any other violation as directed by the regional and district directors as they fear it will "red flag the building for survey by the state". Vice President of Operations has hired inept friends and family (his father) into positions that are not needed or they are not qualified for which has resulted in multiple deficiencies in buildings as they have no REAL assistance from this "support" level. 49 deficiencies in a building with 70 beds?!? They abuse their DONs. Over 100% turnover in a 9 month period in Colorado Springs alone for Administrators and DONs. The lack of oversight from this corporation on this region of the company (Pioneer) borders criminal.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Unethical. Fraudulent. The higher-ups do not care or this would not be permitted to continue!
Horrible company
LVN charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Corpus christi txJuly 26, 2015
I had been with the company for two and a half years Retama North Corpus Christi Building when I asked to go part-time and the management refused to let me stay part time and let me go. The management is horrible they don't care how short staffed you are their exact words "suck it up". Cooperate is no help. Its all about census and money patient care and staffing is not a priority for this company. Its disgusting DO NOT WORK HERE. you will regret it
Pros
floor Staff
Cons
Managment no staff noncaring
No management support
Business Office Director (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 21, 2015
No orientation or training to systems, typical day included census verification, insurance verification and other billing related acitivity
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no management support
Sava Senior Care
Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2015
Trying to do the most with the least leads to a challenges technically. The people however are golden. Overall it's a good place to work.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Challening technical aspects.
Cutthroat work environment
Sales Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2015
Though I worked there 15 years, I would not reccommend Sava Senior Care to anyone as a place of employment or place as residence for ederly family member.

2.3