Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

Run Away! If you value your license go someplace else!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 31, 2016
There is a high turn over of the staff at all levels, including management. The pay scale is poor for the amount of work you must do. Every shift on a daily basis is short staffed. The work load is heavy and there is no support from management. It's not a happy place to work, most staff are burned out, bitter and looking for another job. The care that is delivered is minimal, look up the last state inspection results. I will be leaving as soon as I can.
Pros
The patient's and some co-workers.
Cons
Low pay, no respect from management, short staffed every day
It is scary to work for this company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2016
I worked for this company for 9 years and it got worse as time went on. I have been in management in 4 Sava buildings over time, and the corporate people are tyrants. They are called "consultants" and are supposed to be supportive, but speak to the "line staff" and department heads in a very demeaning and condescending way. In addition, following policy is just not something that happens with Sava. As we all know in long term care, policy is everything. So work for Sava if you'd like, but I'd encourage you to also be afraid. Be very afraid.
Pros
Longevity of employees
Cons
Lots
Nickel and dime.....run!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 6, 2016
Worst place to work, since Sava tookover the facility things have been on a downward slide. Company is in a mission on saving every penny without regard of health or safety of residents and staff.

Case in point some employees come to work high on alcohol or drugs but company is to cheap do drug screens.

Facility is seriously under staffed on a regular basis by design, which makes it an overbearing place to work , I have to think twice before doing OT it's like stepping into a hurricane.

Food handing is a joke and risk to health for residents, kitchen staff is rude and under staffed.

Management is there to window dress and sanitize the outsider perspective.

Facility is roach infested
Pros
None to mention
Cons
Awful place to work for.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCJuly 29, 2016
I have been here a year and a half now and I have been miserable the whole time I've been here. They don't care about their employees. We are overworked and underpaid. We are so short staffed that we have RNs working as cnas a lot of the time. I wouldn't apply here. Go somewhere else that is better pay and where they care about their employees. Not recommended to work here! When we're short, I have 25 plus patients to care for by myself. Most of them are total dependence so it is difficult.
Pros
Most employees care for their residents and love them.
I hated working here
FSA (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJuly 28, 2016
They expected me to be exactly like my sister right off the back. This was my first job I didn't know what to do a very fast pace working environment. My Co workers were very mean to me I went home crying almost every night. And the only reason I didn't walk out and leave is because it would embarrass my mother a RN at the facility. So everyday I put a smile on my far went to work and kept my mouth shut.
Awful company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 27, 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. Cooperate cares NOTHING about staff but more importantly they care nothing about the patients. SAVA is the most money hungry place I have ever worked for. Enjoyed the staff I worked with but hate SAVA. Do not place your loved ones somewhere that is owned by SAVA.
Pros
Cons
Always short staffed and alot of discrimination
What a shame
nurse (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 1, 2016
Was excited to come to this company, not knowing it was sold to sava :( Very poorly run corporation. The greed is at the top...no trickle down. Cut more cenas/nuses...SO scary for patients care. They brag they care about patient care BUT actions YELL louder then words!! They care about "NUMBERS" only. Would not put my dog here. What a shame. Return patients are so disappointed and won't be back. Word of mouth is KILLER, hospitals report as well as long time employees how poor these facilities have become...it's time to go..this is TOO embarrassing to treat patients and employees in such a poor manner. Karma to the corporation pigs.
Pros
quiting
Cons
working there
Appreciative of a job well done; encourages employees to excel, good work enviroment
HR/Benefits/Payroll/AP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kenansville, NCAugust 9, 2016
Great HR group. Appreciates a job well done, encourages employees to excel and awards accordingly. Work environment great. Some stress but manageable. Demanding at times but is also manageable.
Employees active in local Relay for Life; Sponsored family in need in community Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALApril 20, 2016
Good facility, older building, but well maintained. Company focused on needs of building to improve resident care. Company in process of replacing all manual beds to electric beds over the past 2 and coming years.

Good staff, lots of activities planned and carried out for employees and activities for residents. Employees willing to participate and help with large activities focused on residents.
Pros
Long termed Department Managers.
Cons
Kitchen services contracted out and increase in price of meals.
Lack of staffing
LPN (Current Employee) –  CAMBRIDGE SOUTHApril 15, 2016
Heavy worked load, staff is hard to keep . People are constantly quitting. Are pay is low.
Cena will have 20 plus patients to care for. The nurse always have unsuspected problems with a patient. Passed medications to about thirty patients and if someone get ill? She has to stop and take care of this patient. While her work is there and she still need to maintained profession calm.
Pros
NONE
Cons
LACK OF COMMUNICATION, AND POOR TRAINING
One tough place to work
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXApril 6, 2016
I love all the residents and my DON but this place is unorganized, no training, except for on the job...employee morale is low, a lot of insubordination going on. paperwork is overwhelming and you rarely get help with it. often way too much expected to get done on one 8 hour period. Employees calling in way too often. This is just a whole different ball game. I have learned a lot in a hard way but I believe I am a better nurse for it. I am happy but frustrated most of the time. Love, love, love my residents...
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
unorganized, low morale, understaffed and not free breakfast, lunch or dinner
Runnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 6, 2016
Run for the hills!!!!! This place is so sad because the residents aren't getting the proper care that they needed due to understaffing. I was a former employee and the stress from not having the right staff is real. It's was hard to put a smile on your face trying to care for the residents. Since all the administrators left it's going to down hill. If you know what's best skip this application and go and apply some where else.......Save yourself the headache and time!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Understaffing
Nurse
LPN (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILApril 4, 2016
This company is full of it. The pay is horrible for staff nurses but great for Cnas. They lie lie lie about raises the DON act like she is in another world the administratior walks around trying to be friends with the employees instead of following basic rules. The kitchen is nasty with 49 tags. Please don't get caught up in the bull of this is a good company there are so many others that appreciate great staff West Chester is not one of them!
Pros
Computerized Human Resources
Cons
Low pay, short staffed disconnected management
seriously
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 13, 2016
Concerned about numbers & medicare dollars only. They don't give raises. Only the managers get a bonus for keeping the census high by not sending people out to the hospital. The nurses have at least 31 patients each. The cna has at least 15 patients each. The work load is impossible to keep up with because not enough staff and too many patients for one nurse. It is the most frustrating place I have ever worked. Hard work & efforts are not appreciated but only taken advantage of. The comapny is unstable. They lay people off every year. Upper management treat you like you are uneducated & that you don't matter. You are not respected or treated as a professional. You are treated like a work horse. They just want their numbers up. Your concerns as a employee is totally disregarded. No such thing as work/life balance. Co-workers & managers are mean, snappy, hostile. It is justt an unpleasant place to work.
Excellent Experience
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 19, 2016
Staff looks out for each other and truly cares about the residents. Corporate Field Support accessible and caring about their staff.
Pros
Good opportunities for advancement, department managers, nurses, and CNA's care about each other and their residents.
Cons
Getting pay raises can be a challenge.
Sava Senior Care
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brevard, NCJune 1, 2016
Second Review - As Unit Assistant, this has been a one of the hardest transitions I've had to face. It is teaching me different aspects of the facility, and opening up new possibilities as I learn more.
Pros
Flexibility, Fast Paced
Cons
Lack of Training, Negativity
I had fun working with the patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 7, 2016
I like working for Sava Senior Care, the only complaint I got is that I wasn't getting paid enough. The patients and the workers were great. Management questionable.
Horrible place to work! Would NEVER place a loved one in this facility!!!
RCS (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 16, 2016
This is not a good place toWORK!!!!!The Administrator and DON are incompetent!!! You disagree with them and they TERMINATE you! You refuse to stay after your shift is over and they TERMINATE you! Low moral, working short staffed ( 1 RCS to 44 residents! ) no supplies, and will repermand you for NOT taking a break when there is only 2 RCS working! If you love your family member, please DO NOT TAKE THEM TO SUMTER EAST OR WEST HEALTH & REHABILITATION OF SUMTER, SC!!!!!!
Pros
REALLY! there aren't any!!!
Cons
STAFFING IS A JOKE! WILL ALLOW OVERTIME JUST TO SHORT YOUR SCHEDULE THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULE!
Terrible and horrible and sad
Director (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 9, 2016
This company is a terrible one. They warehouse people for money and ship them out when they can't make anymore. Upper management is terrible and evil. I can't say enough horrible things. So glad to be leaving.
Pros
Cons
That it's still open
Great experience on my end, I have learned a lot from staff!
Rehabilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 15, 2016
Totally unique company. Always typical day at work. Management is thriving to get the place in "order". The most enjoyable part is when staff gets to wear jeans and free meal on your birthday!
Pros
Birthday lunch is always appreciated.
Cons
Too far from where I live.

2.3