Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
It was a great job with multiple duties and oversight of 68 facilities. Things changed with new management that required me to be licensed/6 states!
Corporate Director of Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2017
Visited facilties due to survey, reviewed their rediness. I valued my managers and learned from them as well. I was independent and aware of my duties and worked well with clinical staff. Hardest part of job was encouraging managers to keep kitchen/santitation a focus while also meeting the demands they had of charting and fulfilling their management roles. I had great managers and dietitians in all my facilities. Alabama was a challenge as we had trouble with staffing manager positions.

Most enjoyable was seeing a Great Survey with no dietary tags!
Pros
worked independently
Cons
traveling early hours and late hours.
horrible place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mystic, CTSeptember 14, 2017
this is a horrible place to work. The management is terrible as well. they have a DNS who has relations with nurses and The scheduler is having relations with a nurse and she is married. Nighttime nurses are intoxicated on the job . they have 1 cna per floor at night, which means the residents are not getting changed or turned .
productive company
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2017
staff easily to get a long with get necessary training when needed on certain projects, when problems arise staff is very cooperative to get the issue resolved in a cordial manner
Cut throat environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 2, 2017
Would not recommend this place at all. They expect you to do 50 million tasks in 8 hours. Grossly understaffed with high acuity. Management doesn't exist. The blind leading the blind.
Cons
Short staffed, no lunch breaks, missing patient medication
Sava
Full time PTA and Interim Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2017
I appreciated the people I worked with in Houston. Everyone was easy to get along with and to approach. Enjoyed a wide variety of patients to work with.
stressful and management does not appreciate or support employees
Physical Therapist, per diem (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CO, and Boulder CoAugust 25, 2017
there was a crazy amount of staff turnover due to stressful conditions, including unreasonable productivity expectations.
The facility is not always clean or pleasant.
There is lots of Medicaid, and difficult patients, who are not really good rehab candidates.
Some of the staff are good, but they have lost lots of good therapists due to poor management.
Pros
there was a congenial staff in therapy before staff turnover, lots of windows and light in therapy room in Boulder
Cons
patients do not always have good rehab potential or motivation, Lots of pressure from management, I heard a doctor once refer to it as "chamber of horrors."
Not about Residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palisade, COAugust 23, 2017
It is hard to work for them, it doesn't seem like they are about their residents or the care the residents receive. employees are over worked because they seem to be under staffed. No team playing. seems to be just a business not residents home.
Apalled
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 19, 2017
Turnover high. Favorotisim. Understaffed. Poor training. Poor morale. When reading these reviews, I am saddened. Those who suffer are residents. Health care should never put profits above patient care. It is not a cold hearted buisiness but the purpose is care and compassion for residents. The resident comes first.
Pros
Staff efforts
Cons
Leadership or lack thereof.
A very backstabbing job.
Business Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brush, COAugust 12, 2017
NHA and DON expected all other managers to do the DON job, as far as charting and state and federal rules and regulations. We were expected to do our job and hers.
I love my fellow nurses that I work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Matador, TXAugust 12, 2017
The best part of my job here at Sava is the residents I get to take care of every day. They are more like family than a job. I would love a better benefits package and the opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
small facility
Cons
poor communication
Benefits are horrible /non professional environment
Sr. Payroll Tax Analyst /Garnishments (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
Benefits are horrible , management not professional , a lot of family members work there. a lot of politics. there's no Stop correcting "confidentiality" among management
Gross
RN - Resident Care Management Director (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 9, 2017
Very dirty place to work, patients are very difficult, you don't feel like a nurse but an adult babysitter most the time with these patients and sometimes staff members.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great company
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
It was a very cheerful environment. Brightly colored walls, monthly birthday celebrations in the main lobby. They really focused on employee achievements and the employees in general. We all felt respected and valued. They were very nice people. I miss working there.
Pros
Valued employees
Cons
Long distance from my house
Nightshift was willing to put in the work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 7, 2017
They brought in this interim DON from hades like seriously from hadesl!!! All she ever did was bully staff and be unrealistic about things. Ran decent staff away only wanted the staff to kiss her tale and bowdown to her. Her favorite saying was "i will report them to state" "that is abandonment" nobody wants to have to feel defensive every shift because they dont suck up to the DON!! weekend supervisor daytime is a psycho!! There are some good people on night shift that work mon tues and wed i miss them so much!
Pros
Good and decent co-workers
Cons
Unfair DON
A very good job
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2017
This was my ideal job as well. I worked hard to get the job and wroked hard to keep. The residents loved me and some only wanted me to deal with them. Sometimes they wroked excessive hours but i didnt mind
Pros
good excercise
Cons
Co-workers
Competative
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 16, 2017
It was challenging, which I enjoyed. I was allowed to give proper therapy to the patients on my caseload. I was also give the proper equipment to perform my duties. Staff were easy to get along with.
Rude DON from Mississippi
CNA (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 13, 2017
DON talks to staff like children or dumb dogs
Residents are sweet
Problems overlooked until state comes
Too many foreign workers that don't understand English very well
Good expereience
COTA Fulltime (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
My experience with Sava Senior care is good, we had a great team. although-we went through numerous rehab managers. excellent health benefits that were affordable.
High stress and fast paced work environment
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment. Management was not encouraging and sometimes without knowledge of the functionality of the facility. Staff turned over frequently.
Pros
meeting with outside vendors
Cons
interrupted breaks
Friendly atmosphere were learning comes natural.
Social Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 24, 2017
I learned to provide Social Services through ambassadorship, conducting care plan meetings, providing medical clinics, conducting & coding various patient assessments, investigating & resolving grievances, and discharge planning.

I would say the hardest part of this job is watching those that you have become so attached to decline.

I most enjoy the friendly staff and the gratitude that residents and family pay you for providing outstanding care that they themselves cannot provide.
Pros
Friendly environment, opportunity to learn a variety of jobs.
Cons
High staff turnover rate