Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work, great residents, families, co-workers.
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIDecember 2, 2016
A typical day at work was taking phone calls and transferring them, or providing information to callers, admitting new residents into the computer, discharging residents, setting up resident trust accounts for residents, receiving and distributing mail, giving a tour of the facility, especially to walk-ins, filing, assembling new resident folders, and making sure welcome baskets were available for new residents.
I learned a lot about the whole nursing home culture, and working with a lot of different people (management, aides, nurses, residents, and their families.) I enjoyed being of assistance to co-workers (available to do projects for them whenever needed). My supervisor was amazing--was always available to answer questions, assist whenever needed (even on weekends), personable to everyone, and always a back-up for us. The hardest part was when residents had to leave, the most enjoyable parts were residents and their families as you got to know them well, and they were always happy to see a smiling face and sometimes words of comfort.
Pros
The people I worked with, great atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Lack of benefits.
The facility was struggling.
Interim Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 28, 2016
The facility was struggling because of repeated leadership turnover. There were good staff there but the change in oversight made it very difficult.
Good work environment.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2016
Good work environment. Personable employees. Offered tuition reimbursement to employees. Moderate health benefits. Free parking for all employees. Provided free lunches on primary holidays.
Pros
Gave out free tickets for theme park for employees and family.
Cons
limited career advancement
Do not work for this company
Sales (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 28, 2016
Very, Very, POOR culture for employees. There will be many openings in the near future as the whole sales team is looking to move on. It's one thing to have goals but another to try to meet the goals when the facilities deliver poor care.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
limited unreasonable bonus. NEW COO pretends culture, and respect are important however its not the truth. Very unethical company to work for, never used to be that way.
Another poorly managed company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 13, 2016
Avoid this company if you can. They will hire you as full time then only have part time hours leading to a loss in benefits. They want to push a caseload which dosent exhist or have you keep on patients which are not appropriate.
Good company
Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIOctober 4, 2016
Sava is a great company to work for, always doing fun and exciting things for the employees. The company has great benefits and compensation for Managment staffs
daily routine
Admissions Director (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIOctober 3, 2016
walked around facility to get census, back to office to enter data, check fax for referrals, sort good from bad, verify insurance of referrals, go to morning meeting, give census and budget information, return to office delegate referrals to staff, call hospital where desired referrals were located, convince social workers to close deal by sending us their patients for rehab, if needed go to hospital, sales face to face, get family to sign admission form, call office verify meds are within budget and ensure maximum days we have for rehab, set up time for rehab admission, meet with director of nursing and administrator to go over particulars ensuring we are making money not spending over what insurance pays, when admit arrives greet family, give tour, sign admit paperwork, enter into system
Pros
busy
Cons
constant census checking
It is scary to work for this company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2016
I worked for this company for 9 years and it got worse as time went on. I have been in management in 4 Sava buildings over time, and the corporate people are tyrants. They are called "consultants" and are supposed to be supportive, but speak to the "line staff" and department heads in a very demeaning and condescending way. In addition, following policy is just not something that happens with Sava. As we all know in long term care, policy is everything. So work for Sava if you'd like, but I'd encourage you to also be afraid. Be very afraid.
Pros
Longevity of employees
Cons
Lots
I had fun working with the patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 7, 2016
I like working for Sava Senior Care, the only complaint I got is that I wasn't getting paid enough. The patients and the workers were great. Management questionable.
Nickel and dime.....run!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 6, 2016
Worst place to work, since Sava tookover the facility things have been on a downward slide. Company is in a mission on saving every penny without regard of health or safety of residents and staff.

Case in point some employees come to work high on alcohol or drugs but company is to cheap do drug screens.

Facility is seriously under staffed on a regular basis by design, which makes it an overbearing place to work , I have to think twice before doing OT it's like stepping into a hurricane.

Food handing is a joke and risk to health for residents, kitchen staff is rude and under staffed.

Management is there to window dress and sanitize the outsider perspective.

Facility is roach infested
Pros
None to mention
Cons
Run Away! If you value your license go someplace else!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 31, 2016
There is a high turn over of the staff at all levels, including management. The pay scale is poor for the amount of work you must do. Every shift on a daily basis is short staffed. The work load is heavy and there is no support from management. It's not a happy place to work, most staff are burned out, bitter and looking for another job. The care that is delivered is minimal, look up the last state inspection results. I will be leaving as soon as I can.
Pros
The patient's and some co-workers.
Cons
Low pay, no respect from management, short staffed every day
Appreciative of a job well done; encourages employees to excel, good work enviroment
HR/Benefits/Payroll/AP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kenansville, NCAugust 9, 2016
Great HR group. Appreciates a job well done, encourages employees to excel and awards accordingly. Work environment great. Some stress but manageable. Demanding at times but is also manageable.
Awful place to work for.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCJuly 29, 2016
I have been here a year and a half now and I have been miserable the whole time I've been here. They don't care about their employees. We are overworked and underpaid. We are so short staffed that we have RNs working as cnas a lot of the time. I wouldn't apply here. Go somewhere else that is better pay and where they care about their employees. Not recommended to work here! When we're short, I have 25 plus patients to care for by myself. Most of them are total dependence so it is difficult.
Pros
Most employees care for their residents and love them.
I hated working here
FSA (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJuly 28, 2016
They expected me to be exactly like my sister right off the back. This was my first job I didn't know what to do a very fast pace working environment. My Co workers were very mean to me I went home crying almost every night. And the only reason I didn't walk out and leave is because it would embarrass my mother a RN at the facility. So everyday I put a smile on my far went to work and kept my mouth shut.
Awful company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 27, 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. Cooperate cares NOTHING about staff but more importantly they care nothing about the patients. SAVA is the most money hungry place I have ever worked for. Enjoyed the staff I worked with but hate SAVA. Do not place your loved ones somewhere that is owned by SAVA.
Pros
Cons
Always short staffed and alot of discrimination
Sava Senior Care
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brevard, NCJune 1, 2016
Second Review - As Unit Assistant, this has been a one of the hardest transitions I've had to face. It is teaching me different aspects of the facility, and opening up new possibilities as I learn more.
Pros
Flexibility, Fast Paced
Cons
Lack of Training, Negativity
The company is dedicated to quality patient care from the top of the company down.
Rehab Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMay 29, 2016
Typical day is action packed with new challenges every minute. Working in the rural area adds an additional challenge in time management, but offers beautiful scenery and pleasant local interactions.

I have learned to stay calm and examine all points of view before proceeding with an action because as a manager all actions and words carry weight and are scrutinized. I have also learned that people appreciate it when they are given time to be heard.

My co-workers are the best! Everyone of them is dedicated to helping our residents and caring for their own family.

The hardest part of my job is continually adjusting to the changing demands of insurance carriers and the healthcare system.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients go back to their home, or being able to move more freely in their home at the facility.

One thing I appreciate with this company is that everyone I have met is very ethical and strives for high quality performance in themselves as well as their employees.
Save your License
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, ILMay 22, 2016
I been a nurse for 15yrs+ and I honestly never seen such a disorganized facility! This is my part time weekend gig and its actually more stressful than my primary job!

The facility itself is practically new (because of management shutting down many units), the PLACE is not bad at all however the care given to the patients its a joke! But how can you expect to receive good care when your Nurse and your CNA are given 1 staff to 31 (vents, gtubes, trach patients)completely dependent on staff for ADLS?????

The staff is absolutely amazing and tries to help but the morale is so low, everyone just trying to make it through the day! Management is very disorganized and there is no communication. Staffing SUCKS, imaginary staff added to schedule. DO NOT APPLY HERE TO WORK AS YOUR PRIMARY JOB...if you are a nurse you will QUICKLY lose your license! CNAs...RUNNNNNN!
Pros
Facility clean, experience with acute patients, overtime is ALWAYS possible
Cons
Staffing is always an issue, liability is very high, census very low, lack of supplies, Wound Nursing team is not reliable, food is nasty...too many to list.
seriously
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 13, 2016
Concerned about numbers & medicare dollars only. They don't give raises. Only the managers get a bonus for keeping the census high by not sending people out to the hospital. The nurses have at least 31 patients each. The cna has at least 15 patients each. The work load is impossible to keep up with because not enough staff and too many patients for one nurse. It is the most frustrating place I have ever worked. Hard work & efforts are not appreciated but only taken advantage of. The comapny is unstable. They lay people off every year. Upper management treat you like you are uneducated & that you don't matter. You are not respected or treated as a professional. You are treated like a work horse. They just want their numbers up. Your concerns as a employee is totally disregarded. No such thing as work/life balance. Co-workers & managers are mean, snappy, hostile. It is justt an unpleasant place to work.
Terrible and horrible and sad
Director (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 9, 2016
This company is a terrible one. They warehouse people for money and ship them out when they can't make anymore. Upper management is terrible and evil. I can't say enough horrible things. So glad to be leaving.
Pros
Cons
That it's still open

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3