SAVA SENIOR CARE

SAVA SENIOR CARE Employer Reviews

lpn position floor nurse
lpn (Current Employee), Durango, COJune 18, 2014
Pros: taking care so such great residents
Cons: not enough staff a lot of times to give that extra care needed
i have enjoyed working for four corners health care over the last 29 years but now my family has relocated and i wish to be closer to my children and grandchildren and have decided to resign my position. I have totally enhance the quality of my life caring for the residents and will miss it very much. it has been a great opportunity for me and i have – more... learned so much over the years. – less
Underpaid short staffed
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Durango, CoMay 30, 2014
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: short staffed, underpaid
Worked part time as a dietary aide. Employees worked really hard but facility short staffed and I was supposed to have at least 3 others helping. Got there at 4 and left past 2 AM. Also way underpaid and everyone was miserable. Boss never there. Horrible work environment DO NOT work here unless you want to be overworked and underpaid.
Burned out employees
Line staff (Former Employee), Coraopolis, PAMay 14, 2014
Pros: good rehab department; good long term staff that does care but are taken advantage of
Cons: respect cards are a joke- none here; no raises for years
Good rehab center that is only maintaining their reputation because of long term employees that actually care ; they "reward" those employees by no raises, cheap lunches, pathetic yearly Christmas party and hiring new staff that aren't held to the standard of the older staff; DON good but moody and flips on staff in hallway; she runs the building not – more... the short little man in the front office (administrator) who twitches and is ignorant to staff- but let's promote him!! He only looks good because the DON runs the building; HR lady is a former nurses aide with no HR background; she is also rude to staff and not sure how she gets away with what she says to staff; she was also promoted apparently for her expertise and typical answer to questions to look at company website and handbook; no one to report this bad behavior to since there is retaliation when you call the corporate compliance line – less
Who is Sava Senior Care really?
Admissions Director (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 14, 2014
This job has a love/hate relationship for most. Management is continually shifting limiting educational/training opportunities. Very stressful job that is rewarding only in compensation. Great to break into the industry.
Great company
Senior Care (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 14, 2014
wish i was still here - amazing company to work for - amazing management team
sava
CNA (Former Employee), Loveland, COMarch 5, 2014
Pay is not great, but the residents were worth working there.
Manning the trenches
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee), Sterling, VAFebruary 26, 2014
Cons: training time
A typical day in the Service Desk here consisted of back to back phone calls from the moment you login to your phone til its time to leave.

Since this this position specifically for myself was dual role, I provided on site support as well as maintaining some of the server infrastructure. This was much more enjoyable, as I enjoy interacting with individuals – more... face to face and the clients seem to respond much better to a face rather than a voice.

There were two types of co-workers in this environment: those that showed up to excel and move on, and those that came to collect a pay check.

Manangement initially was difficult to work with because they were hired after the fact and didn't have much experience with the systems we had in place. After much training things settled after time and there was a healthy cohesion between the engineers and management. – less
Corporation with Strong Sales Efforts
Marketing Liaison/Admissions (Former Employee), Fenton, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: paid sales training
Cons: insurence
Bedside sales with patients and families usually at hospitals to promote services while working with Physicians and Discharge planners
I have learned sales models. role playing and training
Experience with Mico Management and their expectations
Co-Workers learned to be a team player yet a strong leader
Hardest part was community negativity about the – more... company and facilities I worked at. I did extremely well with service recovery for the community and my contacts.
I enjoyed the experience, the training, learning how to work with tight deadlines, and working with many managers. – less
Love it here
Administrator (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: could give better benefits
As I read some of the comments here I feel I have to make a comment. The RDO that I worked for is awesome very energetic and caring, yes SAVA is in the business of making money but they do care about staff and residents. I have had positive experience with sava yes when census is low there is the urgency to increase it hence sales and marketing folks. – more... I love it – less
LPN (Current Employee), Westchester, ILJanuary 3, 2014
I have been working at this company since 2000. It is great place to work, the staff and co-worker are great to get along with.
team work was great
Certifed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Palisade, COOctober 19, 2013
Pros: being there for the residents
Cons: working short at times
The Most I like about my job was working with the Alzheimer's I enjoyed making their stay as comfortable and fun as possible the hardest part is when you see their Alzheimer's progress and when families don't understand. That's why I feel being a Cna is important to me because I have the opportunity to make a difference in others life
just a matter of time! the sava ship is sinking!
executive management (Current Employee), United statesOctober 11, 2013
Pros: patients
Cons: atlanta corp office culture is bad!
worked for them for over 15 years! the abuse, the lies. sava does not care about staff or residents! its all about money! corp and regional staff sleep around with employees and its ok! they have unqualified (unlicensed) people running company, pretending to be administrators. if you try to tell them something isnt right, they retaliate. they keep a – more... "hit list" of administrators and directors if nursing. and go after them if they stick up for the staff or patients! (yes, i saw it)! its all about heads in beds! sales! sales! census! census! care is not priority! the "mom test" is a joke! dont put your mom in any sava facility, unless you work there and can watch her! i stayed so long because i kept thinking i could make a difference. i was so beat down from corp, i just couldnt do it anymore! so sad for the patients. the nasty emails, threats, yelling at you on conference calls in front of people, the beatdowns! AND what is SWOT... sales folks make over 100,000 to come in and DO NOTHING!. if Pay your staff better, take care of patients, then would have census! instead of worthless SWOT! the surveyors have their eyes on this company! they know whats up! its just matter of time!

Still love my patients! every day will give them 100%... – less
Only there a short time
Interim Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee), OHOctober 11, 2013
Pros: professional
Cons: highly structured
Seems to be very professional and structured. But you do have all the resources you need and very readily available.
Good employer
PRN Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Lexington, NCSeptember 29, 2013
They were very consistent at giving me the job during weekends.
expectations over time have become unreasonable
RCMD (Former Employee), ColoradoSeptember 26, 2013
General lack of respect from administrative staff. No support provided to meet expectations. Best part of the job is working with the clients and their families.
MDS JOB IS CHALLENGING
RN MDS COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: i love mds job
Cons: high census
IT IS GETTING STRESSFUL WHEN YOUR COWORKERS DONT WORK AS MUCH.
Fun and rewarding place to work
RCS (Former Employee), Statesville, NCAugust 27, 2013
Pros: pay and hours
Cons: management
I absolutely loved my job here. There are things that could be fixed within the company itself, but long-term care will always be long-term care. Each facility is different. I worked in two facilities with this company my first facility the co-workers were ok. They were more grouped. However, the second facility they were more friendly and accepting – more... of new staff. That facility was like home. Manangement here was ok, but I will say watch your back because some people will only go down if they are taking someone with them and management wont back you up they will try to cover themselves. The residents at both locations were the reason I LOVED to go to work everyday. Seeing their faces light-up when you entered their rooms. Them begging for you not to leave at the end of you shift. They truly became like my family. – less
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: contract position
Productive, very productive. I've worked with this company for 6years and enjoyed the steady workflow.
Run if your able !
Management (Former Employee), ColoradoMay 5, 2013
Pros: residents, alot of caring staff
Cons: to much to list
I have never seen anything so disorganized in my life. Most days its like working in a concentration camp. Its all about the bottom line and not staff or residents.
Sava is so worried about saving a penny now that they don't see it is costing them thousands in the long run, they consitently staff to the absolute min. requirements that the residents – more... do not get the proper care needed on a regular basis. They work the staff to the point of exhaustion and burn out within weeks of being hired.
Run off good staff and keep lazy staff (never figured that one out)
They change Admin's and DON's as often as toilet paper so there is no real stability. New Admins come in and change everything that the previous one did.
It takes an act of god for Sava to put any kind of money into their facilities unless they have recieved a tag for it.
As a exempt salaried manager I have never put in less then 70 + hours a week & thats a good week, never can take any vacation time because there is no one to support your absence, its a joke!
There are a few good corporate people that I have dealt with but most of them will ignore complaints and if you squeak to loud you should watch your back it can get real ugly.
I will never work for SAVA again, it has been a horrible experience and I would not recommend them to anyone. – less
DO NOT take a sales position with this horrible company!!!
marketing liaison (Former Employee), Detroit, miApril 24, 2013
Pros: ok salary
Cons: too many to list... management, facilities, staff ect..
I worked at Sava for about a year. To say that this was the worst place I've ever worked for is a understatement! Poor leadership from the regional managers all the way to the top. Each level blames the next level and we know where it all leads to... The sales, or marketing liaison taking heat and blame for things that are not in your control. The buildings – more... are deplorable, the staff inside the facilities are lazy, and Sava refuses to invest in their facilities or people. IF YOU VALUE YOUR SATIETY STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!! – less

1 2 3

About SAVA SENIOR CARE

SavaSeniorCare has a flair for elder care. The privately held company operates about 190 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities – Read more