Savannah State University

Savannah State University United States Employee Reviews

Great place to start your career.
Police Officer Cadet (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Great work place with a lot of added benefits. As long as yo do everything that is required of you then things will be ok.
Interesting
Athletic Academic Coach (Current Employee), Savannah GAJanuary 8, 2015
What i love most about my job is my students i wouldnt trade them for anything i wish staff would to care more about their education
From a student perspective
Student Assistant (Former Employee), SavannahNovember 11, 2014
It is what it is. Better to work on campus and study while working than off campus wasting time in transit and dealing with managers and coworkers and clients.
A Great Place to Start
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GeorgiaOctober 27, 2014
Pros: student interaction/outreach programs/
Cons: little compensation or raises
Savannah State University is a great place to start your career. You have the pleasure of working with individuals from many cultures and the opportunity to learn multiple styles of management.
Higher Education and all that it entails...
Sr. Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 14, 2014
Savannah State University is situated in the very picturesque city of Savannah, Georgia and that alone assists in the enrollment process. Having a working knowledge of Historically Black Colleges & Universities can be extremely helpful in effectively working for this institution.
work study
Groundsmen (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 26, 2014
riding around cleaning the campus. Setting up for events. Planting Flowers and pulling weeds.
Creative Environment
Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 4, 2014
Allows for worker to add there creative thoughts in order to create and efficient working environment.
n/a
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 30, 2014
This was a good experience where I had the opportunity to challenge the youth of the Savannah and help them excel academically.
A great day as Administration Assistant!!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 10, 2014
Performs administrative tasks of complex nature requiring initiative and independent judgment in the areas of office and fiscal management. Assists in making travel arrangements, planning conferences, meetings and programs sponsored by the International Education
Center; maintains filing system and records management. Uses advanced word processing and spreadsheet applications; composes, types, edits, and distributes a variety of correspondence and office publications. Maintains calendars, prepares meeting agendas, and takes notes; supervises student workers and interns. Work includes clerical and general office duties and other related tasks as assigned. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience; competitive benefits program.
Very Interesting Job
Professional Tutor/Lab Supervisor (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJune 28, 2014
Savannah State University job is very interesting job, because tutoring your own classmate or freshman become challenge for anybody. My job required me to help any students who are seeking for any kind of help in any course. I have assisted them with their questions about the course or the particular topic. Working as of tutor I have learned many ways to explain same thing and also gave me chance to see same thing in different point of view. The hardest part of the job is that sometime when I am unable to explain certain things to students, because of my lack of understanding (not take that course). The enjoyable part of this job was never had to study at home for test, because by helping everyone I will know the subject well.
very pleasant experience
Dispatcher / Customer Service (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJune 25, 2014
enjoyed the staff. this company alot of fun, the pay is horrible
Great School
Laboratory and Research Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 4, 2014
I received my first research job at SSU. As a senior I was able to participate and work as a research assistant and complete my first publication.
work study
Assistant for the Marketing and Communications (Former Employee), savannahMay 25, 2014
i was only there fr work study but i was i had applied for student employment,
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 24, 2014
Great research experience and opportunity to assist others
Educational Talent Search (ETS) Teacher (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 17, 2014
Pros: lunches provided for the teachers
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students because they are eager to learn and grow.
Productive and fun work environment.
Financial Literacy Assistant (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 12, 2014
Being apart of the staff of Savannah State University has been a very memorable one.
very challenging, yet productive and inspiring.
Instructor (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 7, 2014
Pros: the impact that the program has on the students, building relationships, and mentorship
Cons: the summer session is not long enough.
Performed multiple roles as a mentor, facilitator, administrator and disciplinarian, modeling appropriate respect for the health, safety, welfare and rights of all members living in the residence halls. Maintained consistent policies throughout the residence hall and for impressing upon residents that they are responsible for their own actions. Responded to problems calmly and reasonably; recognized the importance of making decisions that are consistent with the expectations and procedures of the University and the Upward Bound Program; and abode by all policies as well as enforced them, thus leading by example.
very challenging, yet productive and inspiring.
Instructor (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 7, 2014
Cons: the summer session is not long enough.
Institution of Learning
Senior Project (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 15, 2014
Great School
Great Eng Tech Department
The University By The Sea
The environment with my coworkers is what makes the job special
Computer Services Specialist II (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 10, 2014
My day is never typical, there is something new going on everyday, but I am given the opportunity to work with different operating systems, pcs, and tablets. Creating and installing images would just be the basics. My manager is very hands on and is willing to answer all questions I have as well as the more experienced workers.

1 2 3