Savannah State University Employee Reviews in United States

Very calm place to work with a good work environment.
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty slow. I am the only lifeguard that works Monday-Friday and a average of about 10 people come daily. I have only had to rescue one person in the year that I've worked here. I really like this job and plan on working there when I come back from summer break.
Educational
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 2, 2016
As a Resident Assistant (RA) at Savannah State University (for 3 consecutive years), I was driven by enforcing departmental and university policies, as well as, state and federal laws within the freshman living facilities. I encouraged my residents by providing academic, social, and cultural programs to stimulate growth. Although I experienced hardship, my overall experienced as a RA was amazing and it developed me as a young adult.
Balanced Workplace
Writing Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 7, 2016
A good place to work for. I have adequate work life balance. The atmosphere is supportive and inviting. I have learned more about student services and assessing programs.
Cons
There is little room for advancement
Excellent Institution
Assistant Professor of Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 29, 2016
This is one of the great institution of learning for historically black institution category. However, this institution encouraged diversity in student population as well as equal opportunity employer
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
Faculty work overload
N/a
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 28, 2016
Great educational institution that employs it graduates. A caring nurturing college where employees are valued. A wonderful place to work.
Nice place to work
Rewrite Connect Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 19, 2015
 Developed and maintained a high quality training program for writing center tutors using best pedagogies.
 Developed and implemented numerous marketing plans to publicize the University’s Writing Center.
 Served as communication liaison between faculty, staff, and students regarding policies and procedures.
 Used on/off campus resources to collaborate numerous campus programs for University students.
Pros
Its ok
Cons
Not bad
Tutoring with a twist!
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 18, 2016
Tutored collegiate-level students in the subject fields of Biology and College Algebra for the PRISM Scholarship Program.
The most enjoyable part of my work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 20, 2015
I worked over there as a teaching assistant under two Professors supervision. The most enjoyable part of my work was i gain lot of experience from them for research, data analysis and i did some project for the city of Savannah and Town of Thunderbolt too..
Pros
cooperative
Cons
health care
This is a great place to work and a great work atmosphere
Administrative Assistant - Archives (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 29, 2015
This is a great job I have, and I have learned a great deal about archives administration. My co-workers are enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part of the job is just having to work weekends.
Great Place to learn and grow
Assistant Coach- Catcher Specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 3, 2016
Hard working atmosphere. Great place I learned and grew as a coach through experiences and the mentoring I received. Greatly enjoyed the people I work with.

Want to know more about Savannah State University?

Ask a question
Verylaid back atmosphere, in professors absence I sometimes take over the class
Environmental Science Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 14, 2015
Great work place working with students and assisting them in ways that I wish I had help when I attended the university. I love the job bt Im looking for something more in my field.
Productive and Resourceful place to work
Office of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 5, 2015
You get to work and also learn ways to better yourself for career fields. The supervisors are very flexible. While here I gained helpful tips on interviewing, career options, and tips for dressing for professional opportunities
Good
Wide Receivers Coach at Savannah State (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 11, 2015
Good place to improve and expand my knowledge! Everyday is hard work in the office. The coaches really push to be the best coaching staff in the conference. Overall great place to push kids to become the best that they can be.
Awesome work environment with exceptional teamwork
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 24, 2015
Never a dull moment, always productive
Patients and every individual is different
Management was very organized, understanding, and professional.
Co-workers were accommodating and we all worked as a team to maximize productivity.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate, violent students and parents.
The most enjoyable experience was the fulfillment of being able to help students.
Research Assistant Intern
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 5, 2015
The most rewarding part of this internship was having the opportunity to work alongside the fellows and learn from them. We did the majority of our work in the lab and utilized numerous machines. I ran tests during my research and recorded my results to add to my data.
A typical day at work includes hard work and enthusiasm.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 20, 2015
A typical day at work contains a lot of hard work and effort to get the job done. What i have learned is to remain as enthusiastic as the first day of being employed. Management is always good to learn from as well as co-workers. The hardest part of the job is to make everything perfect for every single customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Pros
location
Cons
short breaks
Cares about the students
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 21, 2015
Faculty and staff have deep care and concern for the welfare and academic success of the students. They go out of their way to make sure that the students have a100% success rate as well as provide outstanding leadership and support.
Pros
Caring faculty and staff
Cons
traffic
Worked as an intern in the disability resource center
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Disability Resource CenterSeptember 2, 2015
My job consisted of doing assessments, helping students access the resources they would need to be successful in their educational journey. My supervisor was excellent when it came to giving me positive feedback. I learned a lot about the resources we had at the university from her.
Good Workspace
Helpdesk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 23, 2015
Good work space to learn and grow. Learn new things everyday. Fast pace work environment. Great co-workers. Love working with the faculty, staff, and students.
mens floor salesmen
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  savannah , gaOctober 21, 2015
my duties were to patrol parking lots and monitor vehicles.also make sure that the vehicles were parked in authorized areas , if not i was taught to give tickets.

4.3