Savantage Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Bad experience with this company/the PM
Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington DC Metro AreaSeptember 8, 2014
I don't think they have issues on other projects, but I had a horrible experience working on a particular project with this particular PM. I have never seen a project/people/the client more poorly mis-managed in my entire life. This project manager was terrible and made it pretty miserable to work there. Over promising to the client, not providing resources when asked multiple times, ignoring emails, these are just a few of his shortcomings. Upper management knew of the situation (several employees had made formal complaints to HR and the owner of the company about him) but they waited until the 11th hour to assign a Deputy Project Manager. Why they would wait so long was beyond me, as the client (a government agency) was at their wits end as well.
Pros
The company sends baked goods on holidays
Cons
The health care plan was sub-par
Poor employee relations
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 21, 2013
A typical day started with a meeting with an over bearing micro managing PM that wanted to do everybody's job for them. Provide a daily report of what was assigned to you by your government manager, and have a afternoon/end of the day status meeting which was almost impossible because you were trying to meeting customers requirements. His meetings made no sense because he wanted to change the customer requirements to meet his and expected staff to be workhorses to meet deadlines then the customer would not be happy with the PM's changes and we had to redo the assignments over again making changes or start over from the beginning to meet the customer's requirments. This PM was unbearable and the company new it and did nothing to change the situation. The PM was so afraid of the customer and not meeting the requirements that he made what is considered as the day to day office functions hard. He fumbled and fouled up everything thinking he was making things better as he sometimes somehow created internal hostilities among employees. The customer was great to work with and they saw exactly what was happening - however, could not get involved.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor employee relations, does nothing for the morale. Low employee retention
Great people culture
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 6, 2013
A very good place to work if a "People Oriented" workplace is what you are looking for.
Pros
Small presents sent on EVERY holiday or occasion.
Cons
Not much management support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savantage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8