SavaSeniorCare Employee Reviews

High expectations don't match the Quality of environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Connecticut, USAMay 23, 2017
The management I had walked around with their heads in the air (too good)... poor training was given yet the expectations were very high. Staff became stagnant in proper nursing/patient care therefore patients suffered. The overload of work made it impossible to give quality patient centered care. Should be illegal to care for 30 patients (1 nurse)- either you're making med errors all day and not able to finish or- you just don't care and do the bare minimum- neither option should be encourage, all to save a dime.

Pretty sad what health care has come to I feel bad for the patients and their families...
Pros
Cons
Staff, workload, management
Stay away for the better.
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA DunwoodyMay 18, 2017
Management is messy. If you not in the click wstch yoyr back. The BOD is bipolar. She lies alot and will retaluate if reported. Management sticks together. There is no appropriate chain of command. Nurses treat residents bad. The BOD is friends with case managers and will lie for each other to family members.
Pros
Cons
Retaliation, no communication, poor managment
Rehab Programm Manager (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMay 8, 2017
I have been working in the Rehab department with Sava at a few of its facilities. My experience has been positive. No job is perfect, but the rehab department at the facility level all the way up to corporate levels go to great lengths to ensure that rehab department practices put the patient first, are ethical, and provide lots of opportunities to stay current with the latest trends in the industry. As a therapist with lots of experience in this field, you can't ask for much more than that!
Pros
Strong ethics, lots of growth/learning oportunities.
Can't keep staff
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2017
I would never recommend working for this company to anyone. I dedicated my time and effort to only get put down by upper management. The administrator at the facility I worked for was verbally abusive.
Pros
Great co-workers and I loved the family members and patients
Cons
They lye about bonuses, and they allow verbal abuse
Great Support
District Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
I've been with the company 10+ years and enjoy going to work!

There is support available in all areas including - nursing, rehab, administration, etc. Working in a SNF can be challenging however, when you work beside the employees we have and see smiles on the residents' faces - it makes it all worthwhile!

The only reason I did not give 5 stars for benefits is because I have benefits with my spouse.

Sava RESPECTs!
Pros
Care Connection, Blue Ribbon
Amazing Company
New Employee (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 1, 2017
As with many review options, those that are disgruntled will want to voice their opinion - that's fine - but not all people are called to serve this population and it's important to keep that in mind. Sava takes AMAZING care of it's staff. What would it be like for you to have a chance to receive recognition every year? What if a company paid up to $120K to ONE BUILDING for their excellent, caring service to our population and divided it EQUALLY among the building staff whether you were a DON, or a Dietary Worker, you get the same amount! Welcome to SavaSeniorCare! Nobody can argue that they care about their employees. I am brand new to the company and I am living it every day. I am absolutely humbled. All the way up to the top of the company, the leadership cares. Reviews are just opinions, but facts are facts. Recognition is over the top with this company. They get better every day! Once they improve selection, many of these "complaints" will go away. Working in the skilled world HAS to be about serving others before yourself and that is not for everyone. If it's your calling, apply to this company and join SavaSeniorCare's amazing team.
Pros
Fantastic growth opportunities, positive employee focused employer
Cons
People need to have a calling to this population!
Terrible place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 31, 2017
Do yourself a favor and seek employment elsewhere. The leadership in this organization is HORRIBLE. The pay isn't bad but the health benefits are ridiculously expensive. The leadership is immature and it's like being in middle school with the pettiness... Take your talent somewhere else.....
Pros
Cons
Read my review. That should be warning enough
Profits over people
RN (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 29, 2017
I spent years with the company. It was good until profits became the main focus. Unfortunately the residents suffer as well as the staff. Longevity and loyalty replaced by incompetence and tiny budgets. Favoritism prevailed over fairness. RESPECT is a joke. Search CMS nursing home compare. Most Sava facilities are one star with multiple citations.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Corporate and manager incompetence
Would never work there again under this administration
RN (Former Employee) –  Wexford'March 15, 2017
They could care less about you. If get rid of you in a minute if they could find someone cheaper and easier to manipulate/overwork you. Don't believe a word they say, they will smile and lie to your face. The healthcare they provide sucks and they are on your back about not getting any overtime, so that means you have to clock out and work for free. Awful place to work. No support from administration, your on your own. Good luck..
Cons
No support from administrators. Only after the mighty buck
Great management
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Although some people might have negative opinions of this company - try working elsewhere! Its not always greener on the other side. With a strong department head, it can make your life a lot easier. The support is there. Just do your job the way you should and it makes everyone's life a lot easier. The team is amazing :) I enjoyed working here.
Horrible! Run as fast, as you can
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 18, 2017
Horrible management . Uses agency because of turnover. Favorites get to do what they like. If you want to keep your license, don't apply. This entire company needs an overhaul.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Short staffed, favoritism, rude management, pay
Stay clear.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 14, 2017
South Haven currently has 10 plus Immediate Jeopardy Tags for abuse.
Woodley Manor has state every 6 months for abuse.
Cedar Crest is on news for abuse. Management is prejudice and quick to let you know who is in charge.
No advancement due to HR who can't nurse anything controls things.
Pros
Cons
Always short staffed
Apply somewhere else
Nurse (Current Employee) –  TNJanuary 11, 2017
The pay is good. Morale is low. Some of the staff are very rude towards patients and other coworkers. Dietary options are fair and portions are very small. Management is no good and the DON talks to staff very rude and disrespectful. Never enough linen. Staff comes in late. Complaints fall on deaf ears. Always short staffed and frequently uses agency. No room for growth. High nurse to pt ratio and no consistent treatment nurse.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Fair management
Former employee
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 11, 2017
As you can see from all the reviews this company has a lot of work to do I. The realm of culture and work life balance is something that has escaped this organization. They have decent programs but need to have more follow thru. Unfortunately because they have a lack of staff on all levels many concepts and opportunities fall thru the cracks. If you go to work for this company you must be willing to hit the floor running ,learn as you go, and work all the time and very little life.
Pros
Good programs, Tlc, blue ribbon
Cons
Poor leadership from the very top
Terrible Place To Work.. Never enough staff
Restorative Aide (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 24, 2016
There's never any team work, they NEVER can get your check right, never enough staff ( ALWAYS SHORT ) . No Communication when it come to reports from one shift to another.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks because of short staffing, checks always miscalculated/ hours shortened.
Short Staffs And Bad Attitudes
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westland MIDecember 18, 2016
The Money Was Wonderful .. 11 An Hour With All The Over Time I Needed. I Loved It And I Would Love To Go Back. If The Attitudes Was Better And They Had More Staffs It Would Of Been Great . I Left For Personal Reasons .
Great teamwork
LPN (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 9, 2016
Great teamwork over all good company. Insurance way to high and denies everything. Ed, don are awesome. If you live far away it cost you in the long run. Good hours and fun place. The floors long term, acute rehab and memeory care
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Insurance
Ran horribly
Resident Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palisade, CODecember 8, 2016
Never enough supplies. Never enough staff. Never appreciated at all. Always said they had tons of applications in but weren't hiring anyone. CNA to resident ratio way under legal limit. Too much stress, too much staff drama, no team effort.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Short staffed BADLY, supplies short, sign on bonus never paid
Great place
RN (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCDecember 3, 2016
Great place to work. Administration listens and cares. Patient care is the main focus. Have an abundance of supplies. They make you feel like you are family, like this is home.
Pros
Benefits, Teamwork, feels like family
Cons
Pay is not the best
Horrible place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 21, 2016
If you cherish your license please do not go there. Always having staff shortage. The few that are left are overworked. No linens,no towels...ridiculous.
Pros
Nice floors
Cons
Uncountable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SavaSeniorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2