SavaSeniorCare Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Stay Away if you value your license.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mt. Airy, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Rules change daily. Management shows favoritism. If you are not in the favorites, they are always threatening your job. I loved being a nurse and loved my residents. As a nurse, i was disrespected by CNAs and other staff. Currently they have more agency nurses than employees. Management is terrible. Nurses and Aides are rude and hateful to other staff and patients. Always short staffed. Always having to stay over due to a favorite nurse who showed up whenever she felt like it usually 30 -45 minutes late every shift. If you are not in the "clique", you are treated horrible. Aides lie on the nurses. I have worked at many nursing homes, this was the worst!
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, rude staff
Stay away from this company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2017
The worst management I have ever encountered. They dont care about the employee or the patient. Patients stay on therapy for ever even if evaluating therapists have recommended DC. PRN staff are put before fulltime employees. They like to reiterate that 30 hrs is full time and then bring in PRN at higher rates even though you dont have your 40hrs. High turn over of therapists.
Pros
Could not find any
Cons
Poor management, made rules up day to day, and threaten employees they will be written up.
If you enjoy always working short...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Niantic, CTSeptember 7, 2017
Come work for Sava if you enjoy working short almost daily, not because there isn't enough staff but because corporate says people need to be sent home to save a dime! Money is the bottom line for this company, they don't care that patients aren't receiving adequate care and that corners are being cut. They also accept any and every patient (some extremely complex) and do not adjust staffing to reflect the acuity of the patients. If you need your hours, and can't afford to be sent home from work due to the "census" - don't apply, hours are not guaranteed, they cut employees and you can't say no. If you enjoy using your vacation or PTO time, don't apply, it is nearly impossible to get time off here. You can't take a weekend off, you have to take the whole week off (whether you need it or not) if you want a Saturday or Sunday off. If another employee has already requested a day/days off you will be denied vacation, this rule only applies to non-management (multiple managers/administration are allowed off at the same time).
Pros
Pay is comparable to surrounding facilities
Cons
Corporate, management, PTO use, working short
fun exiting
Maintennce Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Some what happy stressful good workers. a getting to know family
atmosphere friendly coworkers. pay rate for others that are not in management is rated lower than other facilities. Blame game when someone drops the ball. Procedures broken to fit other than etc.
Pros
pto
Cons
no pay increases
What did I get myself into?
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 4, 2017
I have not even been at this company for two weeks yet and I have already had threats made Against Me by a fellow staff member and repeated resident care Specialists otherwise known as CNAs disrespect myself as a charge nurse and not effectively and safely taking care of the residents. I got out of work at 8 in the morning and had to turn around and come back for a meeting with management not even 2 hours later. Totally exhausted and no concern for my safety on the roadways, I was not impressed with this director of nursing at all who is only temporary. Apparently they have gone through many many director of nursing and administrators and no one has stayed.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Short staffed, nurse/resident ratio
Do mot recommend for employment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 27, 2017
The community in Albuquerque is poorly managed, all systems are broken in their nursing department, big overturn in staff. Not enough training for staff to be successful
Pros
Residents
Okay if you need income
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 27, 2017
Don't care about their staff nor their patients.. Overworked and understaffed to say the least.. Its all about the managements bonus at the end of the day.
Pros
Stability, Somewhat flexible
Cons
Favortism, Management, No room for leadership/advancement, pay
Great company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2017
Great company. Wonderful work environment. The team of people that are a part of this organization made it fun to come to work every day. The work is challenging.
Terrible place to work!!
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 26, 2017
Worked for this company for about 5 months. Understaffed, patient ratio to high, poor management, overall very disorganized place. Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy!!
Pros
Co-workers very helpful
I would not recommend Sava Care
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXJuly 23, 2017
I wpuld not recommend working here. This company does not value nurses or residents. The expectation is high yet management provides very little resources to ensure the nurses can do their jobs well. The residents suffer the most.
Run! Poor place to work. Bad pay and benefits. Short staffed all the time. No linen to work with. Filthy environment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 16, 2017
Pay and benefits are horrible compared to other places in the area. Filthy environment with black mold growing on walls and black filthy floors behind nurses stations. No linen to work with. Not one hospital gown in the entire facility!Short staffed all the time. No raises or evaluations ever given to anyone. Not recommended.
Pros
Non
Cons
Run, run far amd run fast!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIJuly 9, 2017
This company is a joke! Even upper management does not follow their "culture of dignity and respect" they can't keep staff. Always short staffed. If you complain about care or voice resident concerns you get suspended or fired. The company is all.about the money and not the poor reaidents in the facilities. No one listens to anything. 100% dedication to this company is not ever good enough for them. Pay sucks, you never get a raise I'm Fact they have been known to male staff take a 3% cut in pay! Stay away from this company, you deserve better!!
Pros
The residents
Cons
The company as a whole!
Run!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 19, 2017
I worked for this company for some time in a supervisory role, the corporate team is backstabbing, not supportive, not on the same page and they lie to their bosses. If you are desperate for work then this is the place for you. No life / work balence. Lots of unnecessary corporate roles collecting bonuses off of your short handed work. Lots of micro managing, you don't have one boss, you'll have a handful- regardless of your position. Corporate treats employees as if they have no value and are replaceable. Don't believe me? Ask them what the turnover rate is. Why are they constantly looking for more staff? Do you want future anxiety attacks? Do you want an administrator bullying you, being disrespectful and inappropriate? Corporate knows about the administrator behavior and does nothing about it.
Pros
Cons
Everything- lost precious time with your family
Hummmm
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 7, 2017
Jus need organization and eager to work employees A typical work day could be made productive if employees would work together Skills need to be utilized per employee in order to make working go smoothly
very stressful place to work.,,run
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 4, 2017
Run!! The treat cna and lpn like crao.., the pay is low benefit sucks we don't have enough cna nor nurses.., I can write a book about place.., inwish they can close this place down and move the patients somewhere better.,,I feel sorry for the patient
Pros
love the residents
Cons
High expectations don't match the Quality of environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Connecticut, USAMay 23, 2017
The management I had walked around with their heads in the air (too good)... poor training was given yet the expectations were very high. Staff became stagnant in proper nursing/patient care therefore patients suffered. The overload of work made it impossible to give quality patient centered care. Should be illegal to care for 30 patients (1 nurse)- either you're making med errors all day and not able to finish or- you just don't care and do the bare minimum- neither option should be encourage, all to save a dime.

Pretty sad what health care has come to I feel bad for the patients and their families...
Pros
Cons
Staff, workload, management
Terrible place to work but great pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAMay 18, 2017
CNA are NOT essential employees at this place. Their turn over ratio is ridiculous they have an orientation class every 2 weeks that says a lot. Don't
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
Over worked under paid. Upper management don't care about you. CNA are treated like trash
Stay away for the better.
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA DunwoodyMay 18, 2017
Management is messy. If you not in the click wstch yoyr back. The BOD is bipolar. She lies alot and will retaluate if reported. Management sticks together. There is no appropriate chain of command. Nurses treat residents bad. The BOD is friends with case managers and will lie for each other to family members.
Pros
Cons
Retaliation, no communication, poor managment
Rehab Programm Manager (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMay 8, 2017
I have been working in the Rehab department with Sava at a few of its facilities. My experience has been positive. No job is perfect, but the rehab department at the facility level all the way up to corporate levels go to great lengths to ensure that rehab department practices put the patient first, are ethical, and provide lots of opportunities to stay current with the latest trends in the industry. As a therapist with lots of experience in this field, you can't ask for much more than that!
Pros
Strong ethics, lots of growth/learning oportunities.
Can't keep staff
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2017
I would never recommend working for this company to anyone. I dedicated my time and effort to only get put down by upper management. The administrator at the facility I worked for was verbally abusive.
Pros
Great co-workers and I loved the family members and patients
Cons
They lye about bonuses, and they allow verbal abuse