SavaSeniorCare Employee Reviews

terrible
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 19, 2017
so terrible the girls are mean, managers totally dont give a care about any one that works there. i left months ago they still have me in their computers and every time i talk with them the tell me im wrong
Pros
smokefriendly
Cons
no breaks, short staffed
Company has a positive culture
Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCOctober 12, 2017
I was an Administrator with SAVA in North Carolina for 14 years . From the top of this company there is a commitment to building a strong culture. Health Care in our area struggled to find and keep sufficient staff so we did often face staffing challenges. However we had a dedicated staff who made sure our residents were cared for. I plan to work for this company again .
Pros
Strong culture
Cons
Staffing challanges
Awesome place to work
Boulder Manor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 9, 2017
I Loved it!! Enjoyed the team and management. There is alot of learning and further education. Fast paced environment but not overwhelming. Sad to have moved.
Management is abysmal. No recognition, no support. Moral is LOW!
RN (Former Employee) –  Niantic, CTOctober 9, 2017
Nurses are leaving Bride Brook in droves! Management shows absolutely no respect for nursing staff. Short staffed every day. The acuity and mental health of patients is ridiculous. The support of management/supervisors is nonexistent. You are risking your license for a company that will not stand behind you. This place will NOT be a 5 star facility for long.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Horrible management, leadership.
good
Central Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
All departments staff were very patient and friendly. Residents were easy to communicate with and to befriend. Clients were also very friendly as well as helpful in giving updates on current upgraded supplies.
Underpaid,understaff,poorly run.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 7, 2017
Always understaffed,never linen, no appreciation and not enough pay. The management poorly runs the building, never coming in to help if we are short staffed.
Had no life working here. Days off had to catch up on sleep. Management should lead by example not dictate
LPN (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 5, 2017
more staffing, better management, & pay and raises for all staff not just union staff. favoritism, is how management run. Rules are different on daily basis Managers can't keep what is said in private
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Great residents, crappie management
RCS (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 25, 2017
It was a great pleasure to work with so many residents over the last year. It was a great facility when I started , to bad it didn't stay that way. If your not part of the brown nosing clique, you don't stand a chance, they will make up a reason to terminate you. They can keep there pill stealing nurses, an tail kissing RCS'S , there are so many more opportunities out there.
Pros
Absolutely nothing... decent pay about it
Cons
Everything, short staffed
Stay Away if you value your license.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mt. Airy, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Rules change daily. Management shows favoritism. If you are not in the favorites, they are always threatening your job. I loved being a nurse and loved my residents. As a nurse, i was disrespected by CNAs and other staff. Currently they have more agency nurses than employees. Management is terrible. Nurses and Aides are rude and hateful to other staff and patients. Always short staffed. Always having to stay over due to a favorite nurse who showed up whenever she felt like it usually 30 -45 minutes late every shift. If you are not in the "clique", you are treated horrible. Aides lie on the nurses. I have worked at many nursing homes, this was the worst!
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, rude staff
Stay away from this company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2017
The worst management I have ever encountered. They dont care about the employee or the patient. Patients stay on therapy for ever even if evaluating therapists have recommended DC. PRN staff are put before fulltime employees. They like to reiterate that 30 hrs is full time and then bring in PRN at higher rates even though you dont have your 40hrs. High turn over of therapists.
Pros
Could not find any
Cons
Poor management, made rules up day to day, and threaten employees they will be written up.
If you enjoy always working short...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Niantic, CTSeptember 7, 2017
Come work for Sava if you enjoy working short almost daily, not because there isn't enough staff but because corporate says people need to be sent home to save a dime! Money is the bottom line for this company, they don't care that patients aren't receiving adequate care and that corners are being cut. They also accept any and every patient (some extremely complex) and do not adjust staffing to reflect the acuity of the patients. If you need your hours, and can't afford to be sent home from work due to the "census" - don't apply, hours are not guaranteed, they cut employees and you can't say no. If you enjoy using your vacation or PTO time, don't apply, it is nearly impossible to get time off here. You can't take a weekend off, you have to take the whole week off (whether you need it or not) if you want a Saturday or Sunday off. If another employee has already requested a day/days off you will be denied vacation, this rule only applies to non-management (multiple managers/administration are allowed off at the same time).
Pros
Pay is comparable to surrounding facilities
Cons
Corporate, management, PTO use, working short
fun exiting
Maintennce Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Some what happy stressful good workers. a getting to know family
atmosphere friendly coworkers. pay rate for others that are not in management is rated lower than other facilities. Blame game when someone drops the ball. Procedures broken to fit other than etc.
Pros
pto
Cons
no pay increases
What did I get myself into?
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 4, 2017
I have not even been at this company for two weeks yet and I have already had threats made Against Me by a fellow staff member and repeated resident care Specialists otherwise known as CNAs disrespect myself as a charge nurse and not effectively and safely taking care of the residents. I got out of work at 8 in the morning and had to turn around and come back for a meeting with management not even 2 hours later. Totally exhausted and no concern for my safety on the roadways, I was not impressed with this director of nursing at all who is only temporary. Apparently they have gone through many many director of nursing and administrators and no one has stayed.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Short staffed, nurse/resident ratio
Do mot recommend for employment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 27, 2017
The community in Albuquerque is poorly managed, all systems are broken in their nursing department, big overturn in staff. Not enough training for staff to be successful
Pros
Residents
Okay if you need income
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 27, 2017
Don't care about their staff nor their patients.. Overworked and understaffed to say the least.. Its all about the managements bonus at the end of the day.
Pros
Stability, Somewhat flexible
Cons
Favortism, Management, No room for leadership/advancement, pay
Great company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2017
Great company. Wonderful work environment. The team of people that are a part of this organization made it fun to come to work every day. The work is challenging.
Terrible place to work!!
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 26, 2017
Worked for this company for about 5 months. Understaffed, patient ratio to high, poor management, overall very disorganized place. Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy!!
Pros
Co-workers very helpful
I would not recommend Sava Care
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXJuly 23, 2017
I wpuld not recommend working here. This company does not value nurses or residents. The expectation is high yet management provides very little resources to ensure the nurses can do their jobs well. The residents suffer the most.
Run! Poor place to work. Bad pay and benefits. Short staffed all the time. No linen to work with. Filthy environment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 16, 2017
Pay and benefits are horrible compared to other places in the area. Filthy environment with black mold growing on walls and black filthy floors behind nurses stations. No linen to work with. Not one hospital gown in the entire facility!Short staffed all the time. No raises or evaluations ever given to anyone. Not recommended.
Pros
Non
Cons
Run, run far amd run fast!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIJuly 9, 2017
This company is a joke! Even upper management does not follow their "culture of dignity and respect" they can't keep staff. Always short staffed. If you complain about care or voice resident concerns you get suspended or fired. The company is all.about the money and not the poor reaidents in the facilities. No one listens to anything. 100% dedication to this company is not ever good enough for them. Pay sucks, you never get a raise I'm Fact they have been known to male staff take a 3% cut in pay! Stay away from this company, you deserve better!!
Pros
The residents
Cons
The company as a whole!