SavaSeniorCare Employee Reviews

Many other opportunities in same town.
Mule (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 2, 2016
Do yourself a favor and apply somewhere else. After working in Brian Center Salisbury for many, many years seeing the good bad and ugly, I would recommend you look elsewhere. Some of the team are great, but most administration cares about money over quality care. Supplies are limited most of the time and staffing is poorly done. Poor benefits, poor appreciation shown. Job security depends on overhead. Which lowers your chances with all of the constant changes.
Pros
Some coworkers are good.
Cons
No job security, cant trust management, Short staffed, Dont always have supplies when needed, Constant turnover with administration
compassion n caring is NOT in their vocabulary!!!
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 22, 2016
I started working at BC-Salisbury in 2011 and at that time, it was a great place to work! Had staff and necessary supplies, as time went on, administrator and DON left n since then that place has went thru numerous administrators and DON. Supplies and linen became limited and staff became short. They don't have enough staff to cover shifts and employees (nurses, CMAs, and CNAs) are overworked. Adequate resident care was NOT their top priority, they are more worried about documentation than providing care. No teamwork or communication, and definitely NO appreciation shown or mentioned to staff from office people. I think the only decent job in this facility, if any, would probably have to be in dietary.... Cuz housekeeping is terrible and does poor job of cleaning!! And laundry ain't no better, takes forever for resident to get their clothes back or they go missing
Pros
benefits, overtime
Cons
short staffed (EVERYDAY), poor organization and communication
Not a good place to work.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Saisbury, NCSeptember 8, 2016
A typical work day consisted of being short staffed.. We never had he necessary supplies needed to complete our jobs. Co-workers were often unhappy because they were overworked and not appreciated. I was there for 8 months and we had three different director of nursing and two administrators. The hardest part of this job was to give adequate care to the residents with the little staff and supplies that were available. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the patients.
benefits
Cons
short staffing, inadequate supplies, poor morale, turnover rate in mamagement
Terrible place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 10, 2016
Just don't do it. Terrible place to work in every aspect. Poor management. Always short staffed. Very stressful environment. Raises are never given. Always having issues with state compliance. Resident to nurse/cna is horrendous.
Great place
RN (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCDecember 3, 2016
Great place to work. Administration listens and cares. Patient care is the main focus. Have an abundance of supplies. They make you feel like you are family, like this is home.
Pros
Benefits, Teamwork, feels like family
Cons
Pay is not the best
Horrible place to work
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCNovember 2, 2016
Worst place I ever worked. I was RN unit manager. Never enough staff, even down to administrative nurses. They were agency. No work home balance. Med passes impossible, expectations impossible to meet. Administrative team blind to issue. No possibility for advancement. Never had enough equipment. Ex 1 thermometer for entire building, no nonrebreathers available. HORRIBLE. NEVER GO THERE.
Protect your license
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAOctober 4, 2016
Protect your license, do not go there! Impossible med pass, unable to get help or trust your co-workers, no job security. Plenty of overtime because no one ever stayed, I made it for seven months and that was a long time.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Unable to trust co-workers, no job security
Worst place I've ever worked for
Unit Manager, RN (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIOctober 30, 2016
I would never recommend anyone to work there or anyone to stay there. Everyone there is over worked and underpaid. There is zero training for nurses and aides. The nurses that work there are good however are expected to care for so many resident that they don't have enough time to give proper care. It would be a great place to work however is owned by a absolutely horrible company!! I could go on and on but I think you get the point.
Horrible place
RN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 5, 2016
The temperature in there was 80-84 degrees everyday. Had an old mildew/mold smell throughout the building. Orientation we watched a few videos & filled out paperwork. No orginazation there. Gave me a 1 day orientation & tried to put me in the floor with no long term care experience. Other nurses have poor attitudes & 1 refused to work her floor shift. I resigned and now they have not given me my paycheck. Have been in touch with 1 person & left a message for another. Nobody knows anything about paying me.
Worst Nursing Homes.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TX and Kerrville, TxOctober 24, 2016
I would never put a family member in one of Sava's facilities. I have worked at 2 and both were poorly ran and the CNA's and nurses had no compassion. They will work you into the ground because they have trouble keeping other employees. I would not recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Cons
Everything.

Want to know more about SavaSeniorCare?

Ask a question
Horrible place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 21, 2016
If you cherish your license please do not go there. Always having staff shortage. The few that are left are overworked. No linens,no towels...ridiculous.
Pros
Nice floors
Cons
Uncountable
nice rehab dept co-workers, but extremely disorderly facilty (gastonia) with unethical work demands
SLP (Former Employee) –  gastonia, ncNovember 3, 2014
excellent pay & good benefits. good, but expensive medical insurance. nice rehab dept co-workers. some pts were enjoyable to work with. disorganized facility (Gastonia). clueless administrators. very poor medical patient care. excessive interference by facility administrators & families. frequent requests by administrators to have therapists engage in unethical patient care related decisions. many challenging, medically complex patients, to learn a lot from.
Great place to work!
Seneca SC-Administrator (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCSeptember 2, 2012
Great benefits! Just do not like the location. Staff is great and we just had the best survey in the history of the building.
benefits
Cons
location
moving effective work day with the patients and staff
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 4, 2015
great day in patient care. In this profession you either love it or not. I love it because its all about caring for others in time of need. My motto is you up today,but you can be down tomorrow. So think before you act.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks, sometimes short staff
Good Team
Divisional Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2015
I enjoyed the facility and field based team under my supervision.The pace was great and clinical product was generally at or above standard.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Travel
Fun Loving work place
Medical Biller/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 22, 2015
The type of day was very busy.
I've learned how to bill and collect.
Management was fair.
love working with my co-workers, we were like family.
Collecting was the hardest.
working with my co-workers.
Fun Place to work.
Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2014
I am a self starter, independent, self-motivated, also a team player that love to meet deadline to advance and bring growth and success to my company or firm.
Pros
SavaSeniorCare do treat their employee with respect
Cons
Really can tell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SavaSeniorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1