SavaTree Employee Reviews

Great People, No Possibility of Growth
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NY 10507August 30, 2017
I was not provided all the experience I was originally told I would be given. It turned into a great opportunity to learn my field into just typing information in a database. However, working there was an incredible experience I would never take back. At savatree you will find some incredible people. These people are genuine and make the whole job worth it.
great place to starts
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYJune 30, 2017
Great place to start your career. Most people only work here for a couple of years before moving forward. It helps you get the corporation feeling of things since they act like it with management.
Not a good place. Would avoid.
Replaceable laborer (Former Employee) –  NJJune 19, 2017
Don't work here. If you are a laborer, a typical day at work involves working in a very dangerous industry to the point of fatigue. You'll be unappreciated, treated like pond scum and underpaid by an old boy network of drunks and fools who profit greatly while you risk your life.

If you have management aspirations and enjoy helping people reach their personal and professional goals, don't work here. You will be forced to lower your standards.
Loved working in the Mamaroneck location
Office Assistant (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYJune 5, 2017
Small office with great employees. If I hadn't moved I would still be there.

As an office assistant I supported the whole team from the branch manager down to the field crew. Very phone heavy work.
Worth the effort and fairly compensated for it.
Lawn Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJDecember 15, 2016
Early shift that starts at 7:00 a.m.
Drive truck from location to location to apply materials to lawns.
Work with technology (tablets) to enter in information about each stop.
Learned several technical terms about lawns and weeds.
Management is very fair.
Management gives you what you need to complete job tasks.
Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is large sizes of lawns (bigger than 15,000 square feet).
The most enjoyable part of the job are the clients (homeowners).
Pros
Great benefits. Good rate of pay. Good hours. Overtime available.
Cons
Lunch only half-hour. Work out of truck entire day.
Great work to be done and fun work; but work/life balance is poor
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYOctober 14, 2016
Great work to be done and fun work; but work/life balance is poor.

I did a lot of traveling to college fairs and industry convections; environment was fun and youthful.

Enjoyed the flexibility of leaning about the different branches by going out into the field with the arborists and tree crews.
Pros
great clientele; beautiful properties maintained; fun colleagues; ability to work independently
Cons
limited raises; cullture is cut-throat
Enjoyed colleagues and the experience of working for larger firm
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 19, 2016
Many intelligent colleagues and was able to learn a lot more about my business and how it compared to the operations of a larger, national company.
Cons
healthcare
Great place
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYNovember 10, 2015
Great place to work and the staff is filled with quality individuals. Fast paced environment and one can gain plenty of experience.
Not disgruntled but telling the truth
Technician (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 19, 2015
If so many people are saying the same thing there must be some truth to it.

If you are looking for a longterm career with a company that cares about its employees keep looking this is not the place for you. People come and go like clockwork and the only people who matter are management. We are all replaceable it doesnt matter how long you have been with the company or how hard you work.

The advancement opportunities and growth potential arent what they make it to be and most people leave and go work for someone else because they get frustrated.

Management does not have the trust of employees. You are considered a "problem" if you bring up any issues of work or personal so dont bother.

I have seen to many people have bad experiences and bad things to say about this company and while I keep my head down and do my work I wish I had known better before I started here.
Pros
The people
Cons
Not a good place to work
Common issues with a sole owner company
Ops (Former Employee) –  Bedford HillsAugust 18, 2015
Company has no clear direction and is riddled in an old boy network. Company is on a so called lean process. Safety manager is laughable.
Pros
Cons
Acts like it wants to move forward but no comittment to it.
Interesting
Arborist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAFebruary 17, 2015
This is a field I never thought I would work in. Being in the horticultural field; I've learned thing about lawn, trees and plants
Pros
Free browines from fairy tale at the end of each month
Cons
no job security
Decent work place
Advanced Groundsman (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 13, 2015
It is a good place to work and if you are a hard worker you will advance. Make sure you are on time and have a good attitude. You need to be prepared to take on new challenges and face work place changes with a positive attitude (they will come).

Bottom line:
Be a hard worker with a good attitude and roll with the changes.
Please do not consider working here.....
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Bedford hills, NYJuly 7, 2014
Every negative review on here is accurate. The blatant abuse and misconduct is appalling. Cannot even fathom a company like this exists. Management is a hot mess. You are expected to know everything but are taught nothing and not knowing is held against you. This company is a disaster to work for. Antiquated systems and ridiculous policies give management the false impression they are going in the right direction. I'm trying my best to give a broad description and not divulge details as I fear the backlash, as do all employees. The employees live in fear everyday and do not speak out . Please think twice before working here. If you have another option, chose it! Don't do what I did and read these reviews but accept the job thinking I could make a difference. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Please see above
Worst tree company to work for.
Plant Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago,ILDecember 9, 2013
There isn't any tree care going on here. It's all about how much money they can get from the client by selling applications that they don't need. The management will tell you to hurry up so you can go back to the shop to get more work. Sometimes they will tell you just spray with water because what we are spraying for isn't going to do anything. They also want you to spray in the rain and if you say anything they just get mad and tell you we just need the work done. This company doesn't care about their customers at all. There is no chance to move up the corporate ladder, so go somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Mas o menos
Administrative Assistant/ Gatekeeper (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILDecember 9, 2013
This has become "a job". Ever since we merged and are "corporate" now, that family atmosphere of business has all but disappeared. I come to work thinking....hmmmm....what did I do yesterday to offend my boss today? Am I going to get a "talking to"? I learned a lot about trees & shrubs. I love being able to spend time with the crews & see how their lives are going. That's about the only thing keeping me here - oh, and the flex spending.
Pros
401K (better than nothing), Flex spending
Cons
Short break, hormonal bosses/coworkers, incurance
Quality workplace
Branch Leader / Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJJune 4, 2013
A typical day / week.

⁃ $4.0 million in business (2010)
⁃ Responsible for 2600 clients with over 3500 properties maintained
⁃ Responsible for 29 employees (2 management, 7 office and 20 field)
⁃ Ensure business growth based on monthly and yearly budgets
⁃ Conduct daily sales and operation assessments and monitoring of all location transactions
⁃ Review and manage profit and loss statements, return per hour summaries, accounts receivable reports generated by the accounting department, and perform production projections
⁃ Responsible for the verification of employee labor hours, running weekly staff meetings, debriefing crews and arborists, review the week's production schedule, plan for following week’s work and supply needs, direct & manage field staff
⁃ Monitor staffing levels, changes in staff skill sets and overseeing training and development programs
⁃ Achieved the timely delivery of services to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction
⁃ Responsible for customer service requests, maintenance of customer expectations and complaint management
⁃ Assign territories and coordinate field employee’s daily routes
⁃ Oversight of work areas
⁃ Monitor and enforce all safety and quality control standards for branch personnel– office, shop and field
⁃ Manage and maintain branch purchase order system
⁃ Prepared estimates for all areas of general tree care, plant health care and lawn care
⁃ Responsible for maintaining branch inventory and material availability, order materials for general tree care, plant health care and lawn care divisions
  more...
⁃ Conduct annual performance evaluations for all branch employees
⁃ Manage the mechanic department - supervise fleet and equipment repair/maintenance
⁃ Assist service line crews in all areas of general tree care, plant health care and lawn care
Dont work here run for you life
current employer (Current Employee) –  new yorkApril 5, 2013
Horrible company. We call this place slaveatree! Upper management does not appreciate workers. compensation and raises are mediocre. No personal days and the health benefits are horrible! The corporate office is a revolving door. People are constantly leaving! Office morale is pretty low. If your in desperate need of a job go stay for a few months then leave like most of the employees do!
Cons
1/2hr lunch.too many to mention
Not a great place to work
Arborist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 18, 2013
Horrible company, managers treat employees with no respect, corporate office managers are very lazy, pay is not competitive, owner makes all the money
great job; great for multi-tasker, aggressive, assertive, strong person
Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeastern CTMarch 5, 2012
great opportunity to learn a lot about sales and business aspects (sigma, sandler) selling methods, etc. ever growing and does well to maintain staff thru tough economic times
Pros
bring my dog to work
Cons
managers seem a little self serving, watch your back; tough all male environment