Save-A-Lot Employee Reviews

Decent place to work at good co-workers
Dairy/Frozen (Current Employee), Somerset, KYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Working independently
Cons: Short breaks, pay.
I get to work by myself mostly, keeping up with my sections.
Co-workers are friendly.
Management is a little unorganized.
Good job for a student
CASHIER/STOCKER (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Stress free, short shifts, frequent breaks
Cons: Lazy co-workers
We had 6 hour shifts at Save-a-Lot. Long enough to make some money but not so long that you don't have time to study. The management was great, but my co-workers and I had some issues. It's a near stress free work environment and I think that made some of my co-workers think they didn't have to do anything. Overall a good place to work.
a
Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 29, 2015
This is required to be a review of at minimum 20 words. I, however, would prefer not to give a review at this time. Is this 20 words?
YESS !
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOJuly 27, 2015
Pros: flexible, decent pay, great co-workers
Cons: rude managers, no benefits, no discounts
I loved the availability of this job they worked with my schedule and my life... the pay was decent $8.25 for no experience required or fresh out of high school.. but as far as the management, it is horrible especially the owner Phil. I was cussed out and humiliated from this man infront of customers because I forgot something. I hope they can find someone else who loves this job better.
Productive Workplace but Lacking in Benefits
Cashier (Former Employee), Murphy, NCJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: No Benefits
Save-A-Lot was a wonderful job with supportive management. However, it was lacking in job security as well as benefits. I enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and managers. I also enjoyed the customers that I dealt with daily. It was a friendly environment and I would work there again but I would prefer something that I can do from home for now.
Great Work Environment!
Cashier (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Loved the employees and work environment.`
Cons: Low pay, but worth it for me.
During my work stay at this company, I had so much fun with my coworkers. Even if we were cleaning the floors or labeling products, it was fun and always a pleasure to work. My coworkers were like family to me. They were patient, knowledgeable, and very nice. The store manager was the best I've ever had. She listened anytime I had a problem and was always helpful.

The only aspect I wished I could have changed was the pay. I only worked part time there so I didn't earn much.
A rewarding place to work.
Stoe Manager (Current Employee), West Union, OhioJuly 23, 2015
Working for this company has been a fun and rewarding job, they seem to be more of a family oriented company rather than a corporate run business. Working here also gives me the opportunity to work with the public as well as my associates to better help them in their careers. I also am given the opportunity to give back to the community while working here, which I feel is very important on a personal level as well as a business outlook.
Its a very good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 23, 2015
Its a very good company I recommend to anyone , The co workers are great . They have a set schedule for anyone, they very respectful and helpful.
Beyond professional
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Reading, PAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Family business
Cons: None
I learned how to maintain office skills when in charge of the office. Coworkers were family. There was nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and cleaning.
Easy and worked with good people.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 22, 2015
They were a good company to work for.and the work environment was calm but still fast paced. management was awesome. I learned a lot and my co-workers were great. The hardest part was keeping up and the most enjoyable was working with the customers.
No two days are the same
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), KissimmeeJuly 21, 2015
Have to be able to multi-task. Very hands on workplace, physically demanding. Benefits are great if you are full time. Turn over is high because hours are not always available for associates. It is very hard to get promoted in this industry,
etc
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Henderson, NCJuly 20, 2015
great job, great benefits, great workers, great pay,i loved working for this company I have learned a lot working with this company but I am now looking for a career to start out in my life. A typical work day as a unload associate is unloading the pallets, I learned a lot about the job experience, and the management is okay, my co workers are wonderful, and the hardest part of the job would be the hours from 3 am to 7 am, the best thing about the job is learning and working with my co workers
over all I like my customers, they make the day go by.
Cashier/Crew Leader (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 20, 2015
Pros: the co-workers, the everyday customers
Cons: cutting of the hours, hours not being guaranteed.
I love the people I work with, its like any other job, it have it good days and bad days! over all its a great job. I learn how to deal with "fast hand customer" fast hand customer are people that come in when you are busy, and try to confused you when your draws is open. if you fall for what they are trying to do, you can end up being short of cash at the end of the day. The hardest thing about my job is dealing with a person that feels like your not equal or the same as them because of your job. Knowing that is not the case.
A tipical day
Manager (Current Employee), Umatilla, FLJuly 19, 2015
A have worked with a lot of good people at Save A Lot. Most work hard together, some don't, Good customer relationship. I have learned to merchandise, A typical day would be stocking the shelves, running a register, getting carts, coaching employees, on good things they have done and the wrong things.
Salary
Cashier (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2015
Employees are overworked and underpaid. Servicing the community and it's customers is beneficiary. I have experienced solid team work with co-workers and management.
Was a great place to work for.
Store mananger (Former Employee), Salem,INJuly 16, 2015
Working at Save a Lot was great... My team members were wonderful. We had each others back. When one needed help with something we all jumped in and got it done.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 6, 2015
I help customer when the need it.I help keep the store appearance up by sweep mopping and taking the trashes out. Also, i have to sale product and have a positive attitude.
gret learnning experince
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: dicounts vacation ime
Cons: having to take full breaks
opening the store counting registers , worked great with management and co workers great training skills . working with unhappy customers but working out the problem to make them happy
Not good company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Training fall through the waste line.
Management is the key to the faith and progress of a company. I just didn't see a ethical discussion making process. Instead I seen poor discussion making and refusal to take responsibility..
fun place to be
Cashier (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJuly 3, 2015
I liked the uniform I liked the management and co-workers the keeping the drawer even and the money secure, I enjoyed the stocking of shelves cleaning of store and all other duties thaT i was assigned