Save-A-Lot Employee Reviews

Found 1,227 reviews matching the search
front end manager
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 18, 2017
Great team to work with- supervisors are very patient and understanding
Very independent work environment, most of time employees work alone in their own areas
Great opportunities for advancement toward management experience
I loved the job, but not the pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 18, 2017
Save Alot is a local grocery store in the Missouri area. I loved my job there as a cashier. I had regular customers that knew me by name and I knew them by name.
It was terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 17, 2017
The management sucked! You cant miss a day without getting threatened no matter what it is and pray you don't get sick at work because they wont let you go unless you leave with no job!
productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2017
Family Dollar was busy and I learned be stress free. Management was great and the hardest part was unloading the truck. The enjoyable part of the day was when the job was complete.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Health Insurance
Stressfull
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 17, 2017
Usually only one cashier. Never any help. Carts are outside and never any one around to get carts and bring in. Managers are rude. Meat is bad. Meat cutter are nasty. Dont clean the meat room.
Slow but Very fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 17, 2017
Not full time, love the coworkers! You can work certain hours either 6a-3p or 3p-10p i personally didnt like the hours myself but theyre always the same an never change
A nice place to work!
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJAugust 16, 2017
If you don't like to work, do not apply to a job that caters to the public. If you do to work and like to deal with the public, then this is the place for you!
benefits
Cons
Free ice cream
Great Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bath, NYAugust 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Management and supervisor care about the workers and the customers and go through great lengths to satisfy all. Diverse work environment.
terrible place to work
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSAugust 16, 2017
The managers are not up to par. I wasn't going to be able to get a raise at all because the managers only made $1.50 more than I did! They were rude and vulgar.
Good company
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLAugust 16, 2017
Very good company to work for. There is room for advancement. Very good benefits. Management was very decent. Company rewards their employees for their success.
Nice friendly place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2017
It was a good experience gut environment I was a cashier also a bagger I used to stock food nd more it was a nice a friendly place we got paid by the hour
Fun workplace but no room for advancement
Shift Lead/Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 13, 2017
Fun environment to work. Breaks are mandatory and management makes sure they're given. The crew at my particular location is very family oriented and leaving them will be hard.
Pros
401k, break schedule, monthly meetings with breakfast
Cons
No hours available, no room for advancement
day to day basis
cashier, stocker, (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 12, 2017
easy going co-workers will make you feel comfortable at work place often help out with your objectives/ truck comes in about 6-13 pallets depending on the beginning of the month or end of month/ hardest part of the job is maintaining same pace constantly for weeks as truck comes in
Productive and family like
Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 12, 2017
Typically, the work day goes by smooth with coworkers all doing what needs to be done with their respective positions. Managers steps in regularly to help resolve any issue employees cannot manage themselves. If anyone has any bit of spare time, they would chip in to help another coworker to help keep the workflow regulated by the minute. We often joke around with each other between work to relieve ourselves of stress of the shift. The hardest part of the job is when there is a busy day and there is not enough people on the shift to handle the customer load while stock work is being done. Cashiers often does stocking and attend to the register, so when there is not enough people on the register it can be a little hectic to operate. However, because there is a sense of relentlessness to work together and figure out any issue hindering a successful work shift, we get through it just fine.
Fun slow pase place to work
Cashier, Stock, Produce (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVAugust 10, 2017
A typical work day is just fun and simple just do what you are told and your good. I learned a new respect for cahiers everywhere. The management that I had was fantastic and very sweet. The hardest part of the job is when costumers curse at you or insult you for no reason, but that rarely happened and the managers will step in and take up for you because everyone there is like one big family. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the people in your community better, as they come in often to go shopping for their families.
When i worked at this establishment is was enjoyable to work there.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1225 pass road... Gulfport MsAugust 10, 2017
I've been away for some time but a good company to advance within. You have a lot of amenities to look forward to. Was a great place to work. Returning customers knew you by name.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
30 minute break, reasonable pay for insurance, you could borrow from your 401K.
i dont really ike it
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Coxsackie, NYAugust 10, 2017
it was faced pace and i like that but if you mess up the management wouldn't understand or take your feelings into concentration. the hardest part about the job would be the people you work with. its like goin to highschool again.
Smaller stores
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saltillo, MSAugust 10, 2017
Save a lot is a great place to shop, not so great to work.. pay is low hours are up and down, most stores offer no benefits or very few, liked paid vacation one week and holiday pay but only if your full time and very few of these positions.
Pros
Most stores are small compared to the bigger grocery stores
Cons
Not many benefits, hours are questionable
Didn't like working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLAugust 9, 2017
Very Long hours, very poor management ,great pay and benefits
Not very flexible with work schedules
Although I haven't worked her for over 15 + years .
Easy relacing place to work
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Summitt, KYAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time being a butcher it was fun. The people that shooed there became great customers. As long as you did your job there is always something to do.
Pros
Ate great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save-A-Lot. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9