Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Productive, educational place to work.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at work usually depended on the day of the week, whether it be a weekday, then it would be generally slow until lunch hour and then it would become busy, but other than lunch hour weekdays were generally slow. On weekends, there is no break from the rush. I learned a lot of people skills, organizational skills, but most of all I learned what real job experience is like and how nice it is to be in such an environment everyday. Management was great, they were always so understanding and nice. Towards the end of my stay there, I did not see eye to eye with the management, although I left on good terms. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the back pain from standing all day, although it was more so likely because I was not used to be standing up on that kind of floor, so I have nobody to blame other than myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a splendid community of coworkers around me all the time, always so nice and just very welcoming and genuine.
Pros
Working at a supermarket
Cons
No discounts
Good place to work at.
Bakery Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Fun and fast paced. Plenty of advancements. Good pay. You will be working here for ten years before you knew what happened.
productive work place with employee break room and soda pop machine
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CADecember 28, 2015
overall experience was good, but left California to move to Texas .. After working for this company for over 6 years taught me the value of customer service along with the experience of ensuring quality products and food for customer satisfaction... On a scale of 1 to 10 I give this place a 9.5
Great place to work lots of opprtunity
Sr. Manager, Environmental Compliance and Safety (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 13, 2015
Great place to work lots of opportunity to engage in volunteer work, advance in your desired skill path and gain outside education.
Very busy industry and fast pace all the time
Courtesy Clerk/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 18, 2015
Good company to work for, and good people. Managers are moved from store to another a lot, so it made it challenging to work at times. Hard part of job is employees do not get set days off every week. And split days off every week.
a regular day
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 18, 2015
assisted customers with any questions and helped with bagging there groceries. i worked with some of the best co workers and a few amazing managers. it was an amazing job and every enjoyable but the assistant store manager had favorites and at times was very rude and would humiliate people in front of customers.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
short breaks
just a paycheck
Journeyman meat cutter, meat clerk, seafood clerk, (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 11, 2015
typical day - not much help in the labor hours a lot of working alone,
what I learned - everything needed to handle a department,, paperwork and people.
management - management is management.
co-workers - a lot of good people just stuck in a dead end job
hardest part of the job - not being valued and acknowledged
most enjoyable - the customers and co=workers
Pros
learning how retail works
Cons
no set schedule, the company attitiude toward employees
Always a happy environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAOctober 24, 2015
I really enjoyed working at save mart. My boss was great and helped me better my ethics. It is always great to see returning customer that actually remember you.
Pros
happy day
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orangevale, CASeptember 24, 2015
Got along with all co-workers. Everyone there were all like family and took pride in their job. Management always helped out one another. Most enjoyable part of the job were the customers.
Pros
Thanksgiving bonus
Cons
short breaks
Great Company
Service Specialist - Deli/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CASeptember 17, 2015
Great company great people, always smiling it was a good employer. Management wasn't all that great. the customers were the reason i came back to work everyday with a smile on my face.
Fun place to work with great coworkers
Head Clerk (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 11, 2015
This a can be a fun place to work. Lots of interaction with the public. This can be the best part of the job and or the worst. It all depends on the customer. I have had a mad customer that I was able to make happy by the end of our interaction. My day is usually bouncing between checking out customers in the check stand and filling product to the shelf.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
Not enough help
Don't waist your time. I was a people person until I worked here.
produce clerk/multiple titles (Current Employee) –  multipleAugust 26, 2015
This place is only meant to work short term. When there too long they will work you crazy hours (no longer will have a life), keep pushing you to work harder per hour instead of having help, then really push you to quit or get fired when you really make too much money. But if you can hang in there... It is stable and you become a family of people who hate their job. Lol. Produce requires lots of lifting which will tear your back up and lots of fast pace moving. No matter how fast you work its never good enough. Then to top it off the rude ppl who always want fresher product out the back and mess all your hard work in seconds.
Pros
Stability, money, benefits
Cons
tough work, mean customers
Great work place with amazing coworkers.
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2015
My day consists of cleanliness and customer service. I work hard to keep the entire store as well as the parking lot clean and organized. I also ensure that the customers find everything they are looking for and leave happy.
Customer Service
Checker / Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  ModestoAugust 8, 2015
Always something to do, and people to help. Flexible shifts, weekly paychecks, safety advisor position. Cross training in all departments and overtime opportunities
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Management communication
Fun and fast paced
Service Specialist/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 26, 2015
I've been working here for almost a year and I love it. I have great coworkers and I make great connections with my customers. Definatly a place to work if you are a people person.
Pros
Team
Cons
Very fast paced
Fun work place.
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 21, 2015
A typical work day is busy busy busy, non-stop helping customers. My co-workers are great. Easy to get along with. Good hours. I learned alot from this comany
fun and productive
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tahoe City, CAApril 22, 2015
Great Management and fun work team that really helped make the job that much more enjoyable. Not one single regret, at all!
Pros
Team
Cons
Intensity
My typical day at work
Service Specialist and Bakery/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAApril 15, 2015
I bag customers groceries, help customers with anything they may need, collecting carts, service customers out to their vehicles, and previous bakery experience
Pros
working with great people, putting a smile on people's faces, being part of a team, and earning my own money with this job.
Cons
short breaks, some unpleasant customers pop up here and there, and getting the carts when it is busy
Very flexible and a positive environment.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2015
Great coworkers, positive environment. it feels good to be recognized by customers and making conversation with them at work. Management cares about employees and makes sure breaks and lunches are covered. Very flexible schedules. The only part I dislike is how hard it is for advancement.
Great company to work for.
Bakery/Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 27, 2015
This was the best company I worked for. They had great training programs for new hires and all of there current employees. Company promoted all qualified employees that wanted to advance there careers with the company.
Pros
great pay and benefits.
Cons
had to travel far for work.