Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 18, 2018
Cooking cold and hot food for customers, Customer Service, Ordering Supplies, Stocking, Making schedules, and Daily tasks for employees

I learned how to deal with angry customers and to be able to handle disappointed customers.

The store manager was very easy to talk with.

The work place on a daily was very busy.

The hardest part of the day was making sure everything was done by each employee to maintain a clean work environment,

The best part about my job was that all employees got along with one another.
Good place to work low pay.
BAKERY DELI COMBO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Write daily duties for each clerk, over view of what was done the night before. Coach employees if needing to.. take inventory write orders, check in deliveries. Stack away loads make sure rotation is in place. Fill sale floor. Ensure all special orders are being handle. Write weekly schedule. Plan for up coming ads. Attend daily meetings.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Wages
eh
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 16, 2018
its part of a union which is always good for the employee. You get decent beneifts if you qualify. The schedule is constantly changing week to week so it sucks. you work holidays and weekends and you never really have time for family or friends at all. it eats away your life with whatever pay. its fine for a starter job but wouldnt recommend it for a long term choice.
Hectic fast pased
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAJanuary 12, 2018
There was always work to be done, Always fast paced and I had to be jumping from one duty to another. The leaders were clear and descriptive. Overall it was a decent environment.
No Comment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, CAJanuary 7, 2018
Only have been there a short time....Don't have much to say at this point. So far so good. For me it's close to home. Different typ of job that I have ever had.
Great Envoirnment
Multipurpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 4, 2018
amazing work place
schedule was flexable
open minded mangement
appricative customers & workers
resonable work duties
more pay, more work opportunities
Fun first job
Courtesy/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wasco, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Fun to work if it's your first job. Always an friendly environment and you get to meet people in your community and build friendships that can open up more job opportunities.
good place to work, great people
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 28, 2017
planned out my day depending on the work load, drive to location of store walk in and speak with manager to review the issue of work order and procide to complete the repair neede
good job, poor hours
Meat clerk (Current Employee) –  Reedley, CADecember 22, 2017
its a good job working for save mart, great co workers steady hours. quick paced and always on the go. always able to pick up hours at other stores and able to promote.
Pros
good atmosphere, great oppoprtunities, good pay, good benefits
Cons
low hours, late shifts, work holidays, slow paced at times, hours depend on sales
Fast pace environment
Multipurpose clerk (Former Employee) –  Galt, CADecember 21, 2017
A typical day at work would include bagging groceries helping customers to their car and helping customers find a product they needed savemart has a unforgettable team
Productive, fast past, fun place to work at.
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 19, 2017
Productive fun place to work out, everyone is like one big family their. Costumers are regulars and they turn into family. I miss Working their i loved what i did their. Management is good, center store managers are very nice and very understanding if you need to take time off or need to leave early.
Can be fun
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2017
Fun job when I started, but inconsistent scheduling, lack of competitive/ inconsistent pay led to resentment. They could figure out the schedule, and when they are going to raise or lower pay. There is no due process in their disciplinary policy.
Pros
Engaging retail environment.
Cons
Pay, schedule, lack of communication.
nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 18, 2017
nice place to work they are very friendly and you feel comfortable there is a good place the manager and the owner are friendly persons and the understand you when you have any problem
Overall a good company
Meat Manager/cutter (Former Employee) –  Danville, CADecember 11, 2017
Retail sales is a high demand industry that needs motived people. It can sometimes be stressful.it has a lot of personnel turnover. Work for company for 28 years and have seen a lot of changes over the years.
Pros
Union store that provides Heath benefits
Cons
New total loss program that Is creating a lot of stress
It was a job
Cashier clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2017
Never anything new or exciting about coming into work. Managers used employees as they saw fit. Many jobs that were required to be done were never specific to a job title or role.
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CADecember 7, 2017
Good place to work, includes great pay and awesome medical, dental, and vision benefits. If you are a people person this would be the best place to work.
Good company to work for
WAREHOUSEMAN/ ORDER SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CADecember 7, 2017
Great place to work...if you like the wearhouse enviorrment. I was happy at my job great people great bosses an just a over all great company in my opinion I would go back if they have an open position
Pros
Alot of hrs
Cons
Alot of work
Fun and fast paced
Multipurpose Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CADecember 5, 2017
Work can be fun but it also can be stressful. I work with some amazing people. The only down side is when you are give a long list of things that you need to be able to do, however the people above you don't give you the proper time to finish it all in.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Stress
Working at Save Mart SuperMarkets/ As a service specialist AKA Bagger
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 2, 2017
It was fun for the most part but I was in my 20's and married and I was hoping to move up in the corporate ladder and it just wasn't happening I was working as hard as I could and it didn't matter. And I was filling in for people in the meat department and the deli when they went on vac. So I felt if they weren't going to promote me I had to find somewhere else to work that could see the a-game and potential that I could bring to the table.
Pros
Controlled Work Environment.
Cons
It takes a life time to get promoted.
Great Experience
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot and had a great overall experience, working with meats and food product is one of the things I really enjoyed.
Pros
Cutting Meats
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.