Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews

It was a job
Cashier clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2017
Never anything new or exciting about coming into work. Managers used employees as they saw fit. Many jobs that were required to be done were never specific to a job title or role.
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CADecember 7, 2017
Good place to work, includes great pay and awesome medical, dental, and vision benefits. If you are a people person this would be the best place to work.
Good company to work for
WAREHOUSEMAN/ ORDER SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CADecember 7, 2017
Great place to work...if you like the wearhouse enviorrment. I was happy at my job great people great bosses an just a over all great company in my opinion I would go back if they have an open position
Pros
Alot of hrs
Cons
Alot of work
Fun and fast paced
Multipurpose Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CADecember 5, 2017
Work can be fun but it also can be stressful. I work with some amazing people. The only down side is when you are give a long list of things that you need to be able to do, however the people above you don't give you the proper time to finish it all in.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Stress
Working at Save Mart SuperMarkets/ As a service specialist AKA Bagger
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 2, 2017
It was fun for the most part but I was in my 20's and married and I was hoping to move up in the corporate ladder and it just wasn't happening I was working as hard as I could and it didn't matter. And I was filling in for people in the meat department and the deli when they went on vac. So I felt if they weren't going to promote me I had to find somewhere else to work that could see the a-game and potential that I could bring to the table.
Pros
Controlled Work Environment.
Cons
It takes a life time to get promoted.
Great Experience
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot and had a great overall experience, working with meats and food product is one of the things I really enjoyed.
Pros
Cutting Meats
Cons
Would not recommend working here
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 25, 2017
Management was horrible. Shifts were scheduled unfairly. Certain shift members always got better shifts than others. When talked to manager about this they dismissed it.
Pros
Cons
A lot
fun eay job can get little stress but as long as you do your job overall good
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CANovember 24, 2017
it was a union store so they didn't fight you on raises and lots of good benefits had fun working here only reason why I left was lack of hours but would have stayed otherwise
The grocery store was fun and very fast passes cutting meat And seafood
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 15, 2017
This job was great just wish the union was better employees were nice and respectful I actually miss this job only reason why I left was because I needed more pay.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long drive
Not the same,now that daughter took over
Supermarket Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 15, 2017
Been here for 10 years, and you don't get promoted unless you are related to someone in management.even if you work hard you are over looked the slackers get a better schedule than the ones that work hard.Its not how hard you work its who you know/related to now.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Work hard and dont get recognition, hours all over the place..management wants 120% but they wont give you half of that
Great place for a first time job (suggestion)
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 14, 2017
the staff were very productive and always made sure every item was in place, that every customer was satisfied, and friendly staff. Got to learn how to use the register here first and loved it.
Pros
great starter for a job
It's retail
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 13, 2017
You're working at a grocery store with decent benefits but it's grunt work. And you don't get paid too well for it, plus customers can be awful at times. Usually work on weekends and holidays.
Fast Paced Warehouse work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 11, 2017
physically demanding, not for everyone, but it pays well, benefits are good, you work four 10hr shifts, you have to meet a certain production quota per day/per week.
Pros
decent pay, good benefits
Cons
short breaks, long physical demanding hours
Productive and work environment
Multi purpose clerk (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CANovember 11, 2017
Decent place to work, fun environment productive , keeps you busy during the holiday season , coworkers are friendly, easy to work with , keep your head down
My first and last union job
Service Specialist - Customer service (Current Employee) –  Placerville, CANovember 6, 2017
Labor union took $45 a month from me for nothing, locked me into minimum wage with no opportunity for advancement, just because I enjoyed doing the cold spot bakery. Management couldn't seem to answer my questions honestly. They expected me to falsify corporate documents and not say anything. Allowed other employees to falsify corporate documents and then promoted them. HEY THIS IS A PLACE I WANT TO CONTINUE TO WORK FOR.
Pros
Regular work schedule, same 2 days off each week
Cons
No opportunity for advancement because I enjoyed cold spot bakery duties.
Multi-purpose department clerk (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 3, 2017
Great place to work gain valuable retail knowledge. Competitive wages and opportunities for advancement withing the company. Ample training and clear direction of your job duties.
summary
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 2, 2017
A typical day on the job consist of dealing with customers on a daily basis. Tending to their every need regarding groceries. Also dealing with scheduling other employees. making sure inventory is up to par.
Excellent Customer Service
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CANovember 2, 2017
WE are very busy at this store. Non Stop, pay is not enough for what we do. I love the people we wait on. Higher Management is awesome. I did not have to learn this job I already knew
Good and Friendly place to work
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 30, 2017
It was a fun and friendly work environment, the customers were kind and patient with staff. The meat from there is great for BBQ and such as well. The only flaw was poor Management.
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
Poor management
Productive and fun workplace
Banner Coordinator, Store Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 25, 2017
Typical day at work is very fast paced. Employees need to be able to multitask and have great time management skills.

Management is great and very helpful!

The culture is very fun and all about teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.