Save the Children

Save the Children Employer Reviews

SC US is great
Fellow, Disaster Risk Reduction (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 20, 2014
Excellent place to work. I learned a considerable amount about global efforts for Disaster Risk Reduction and emergency response including monitoring and evaluation, basic principles such as the IFRC Code of Conduct and SPHERE principles for humanitarian response.
EARLY STEPS TO SCHOOL SUCCESS (Former Employee), COJuly 1, 2014
Pros: time spent with families
Cons: too much time spent on online training
I enjoyed working with SAVE the Children as they promote language and literacy. Families and their children are their primary focus. My primary focus is the same. I am a strong advocate of SAVE the Children. I would work for this organization and put 110% every single time.
Exciting and very challenging
Enumerator (Former Employee), lilongweJune 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch, and lodging as well as transport
My brief work at save the children was very challenging because it was mostly filed work where we had to collect information on drop outs in the selected area. We had to communicate with people of varied cultures beliefs and lifestyles and this was very exciting and challenging. But all in all i was glad because it helped me improve my communication – more... skills. – less
Hospitality company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Westport, CTJune 12, 2014
It was pleasure to work in Save the children. as project coordinator I liked to work there.
Very bright and motivated people
Coordinator (Current Employee), Westport, CTFebruary 18, 2014
A lot of young, bright and motivated people. A typical day is very hard to describe as my particular role is very flexible. Management is understanding and will challenge you to be the best employee possible.
Humanitarian Organization
Project Manager (Former Employee), IraqFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: very limited benefits
Cons: the work has to be done in a very limited time.
The work was with women and children, the goal was to serve and save the lives of 1500 women in the rural areas.
Warehouse Officer (Former Employee), ElfaherJanuary 8, 2014
Cons: short breaks
- Management, monitoring fuel consumption.
- Develop systems for vehicle tracking on field trips .
- Responsible for submitting monthly report to logistic coordinator .
- Translator for medical team and help to set up of all programme communication
- Including HF radio systems and standard operating procedures.
- Facilitation and set up of south Sudan – more... wide work shop on emergency – less
It was a good place to work
Clerical/ Data Entry (Former Employee), Westport, CTNovember 14, 2013
I loved working for this company if I had the chance I would go back .
Working with the kids was the best part of my job
Physical Activities Coordinator (Former Employee), Morongo Valley, CAOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work was very enjoyable because my job was to come up with fun outdoor activities that was intended to include all of the children. I would have groups of ten to twenty kids and I had to keep them all active in a fun way. What I learned was how to make some of the more challenging activities more fun and would encourage the kids to – more... keep trying no matter how hard it got. My managers were always coming in and checking on me to ensure that the kids were having fun and that they would give me some ideas of trying new things. My co-workers were always very supportive and we would sometimes challenge each other by making teams with the kids and doing the activities together. The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to the kids at the end of the year because I got so used to being around them everyday, that it was hard to have to wait so long until I saw them again. I enjoyed the smiles on the kids faces the most and it was worth every second for just one of those smiles. I loved my job. – less
correspondence translator (Former Employee), Guatemala,C.A.October 5, 2013
Pros: i woked fom home
Cons: salary was not very good, no benefits
I think that this is a great program that brings together people from such different worlds. Is very rewarding to read the children's letters to their sponsors and the sponsors' interest in children from another countries.
Decent organization to work for and I'm proud to work for/with for the last 15 years.
Finance & Operations Director (Current Employee), Egypt Country OfficeSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: staff capacity building
Cons: to merge with other alliances
To manage a diverse team of finance, HR, IT & Administration/Logistics is difficult and to be able to create or maintain harmony between those members was a challenge that I like and I did well and enjoyed it. To have delegation of authorities from your upper level is good and to act accordingly and achieve objectives with minimum level of supervision – more... creates a good environment to work in. My big success was having a family work environment and most enjoyable part is to see a smile over a sponsored child face. – less
Charity fundraising
Fundraiser Coordinator (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 21, 2013
Went door-to-door raising funds for children.
Learned to accept rejection, but enjoy the feeling of raising a lot of money for sick and homeless children.
productive and interesting work place
Zonal Health Coordinator (Current Employee), Adama, MLMay 30, 2013
Pros: reeding book
Cons: health care
It is an interesting program that help the most of poor communities
Non-Profit
Various (Former Employee), Westport, CTMay 13, 2013
Pros: helps children.
Cons: constant changes.
Fine place to work. Technology needs revamping. In constant flux.
More Management training needed
HR (Former Employee), WestportFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: friendly and supportive coworkers
Cons: managers that do have the competency to manage
Save the Children is a great place to work, as long as your manager knows how to manage. While I was there, my senior level coworkers took more interest in my career advancement than my supervisor did. I was expected to do work at 100% accuracy while never being trained on it.
Great place to work, in general nice people to deal with
Finance & Grants Management Director (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 30, 2012
Pros: flexible work time
Cons: work/life balance
Arrive and revise email and since I work with other Countries analize requests, revise reports come back to them with advices. Consolidate information of different Countries and HQ in terms of financial issues. Meetings, expenses reviews and approvals.
I learn how to be organized to be able to answer all the demands.
In terms of management be democratic – more... and supportive with co-workers.
There is no hardes part on the job if you organize yourself.
The most enjoyable part of the work is to be able to be in touch with people of different countries and cultures. – less
Save the Children
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Westport, CTOctober 16, 2012
Great company to work for with honest hard working people. Great team evnviorment with caring co-workers and enjoyable fresh faced atmophere.
An important and growing place to work.
Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer (Former Employee), Westport CTAugust 28, 2012
Pros: incredibly important and engaging mission
Cons: needs more unrestricted revenue to invest more in innovation and talent.
Great place to work with many smart, talented people committed to an ambitious agenda to help children in need in the US and around the world.
Review
Communications Associate (Current Employee), Westport, CTAugust 9, 2012
Pros: relaxed worked environment
- Provide basis administrative support, including phone coverage and setting up meetings
- Compile and distribute daily email of traditional and online media coverage
- Produce quarterly and special campaign media reports
- Pitch story ideas to the media and bloggers
- Maintain online media library of press materials, media coverage and electronic files
- – more... Participate in team meetings, discussions and webinars
- Responsible for four interns, and checking their work daily
- Perform other duties, as assigned – less
good place to work
Sr. Help Desk Analyst &System Administrator (Current Employee), Westport, CTApril 10, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: no advancement no training to many politics
user support take care of end user with all sorts of it issues

1 2 3

About Save the Children

Save the Children helps poor and malnourished children inĀ about 15 US states andĀ about 120 countries, focusing on such areas as – Read more

Save the Children Photos