Save the Children Employee Reviews

Management participates in major favoritism. Poor on-the- ground leadership.
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 12, 2017
The mission of this organization is outstanding. However, disaster relief management, based in the US needs a lot of work. Certain lead staff participates in favoritism and extremely bias behavior. Little to no professional protocol. Overall, leadership has very little diversity. HR department does not support lower-level staff effectively. HR just goes along with whatever upper management says.
Pros
Organization really does help a lot of people in need.
Cons
Leadership has poor management skills. Needs to be more culturally and racially diverse, especially in management.
I would definitely recommend this company
Assisted program director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
Nothing much to say except that this writer supports the work that this prestigious organization does. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is seeking to help others, to go see them.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no benefits
Wholeheartedly agree with the mission of Save the Children
Specialist, Agresso Administration (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 3, 2017
Save the Children is a great place to work at. The people are friendly and courteous and everyone shares the mission of Save the Children, to provide assistance to the disadvantaged children in the world.
Save the Children makes a positive impact on society
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 21, 2017
Save the Children does a lot of good both within the US and abroad. Their employees are passionate and driven to make the world a better place for children and their families. Their main focus is to give every child and their family the best opportunity to survive and succeed in society.
Very well and excellence NGO
PROJECT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  BuraoOctober 17, 2017
Frankly speaking, during my staying at Save The children, I learnt more about teamwork, hardworking with under pressure and meeting on deadlines.
SCI has high hierarchy and leadership style which other NGO may learn and benefit and complexity working culture in terms of sophistication and one-to-one working style.

Being in Field Mission in where government has no impact with UCT is most difficult because of being vulnerable to every eager one.
Pros
legal and structure learning
Cons
Internal candidate
Very inspiring environment to grow personally and professionally
Policy Senior Manager for the Young Lives Project (Former Employee) –  Addis, EthiopiaSeptember 26, 2017
working for save the children has been a life changing experience. It gave me the opportunity to learn and grow. I learn how to plan and work as a tea
Teaching children fun ways to eat and be healthy
CHANGE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yeaddiss, KYSeptember 24, 2017
Preparing nutritional snacks for children. Teaching and observing children playing games and activities to keep them healthy.
I learned each child is different. I loved working and being with the children.
comfortable work place
Office Assistant & service support (Current Employee) –  WCASeptember 12, 2017
Health care, Annual Leave and many other benefit, Capacity building, Work shop. Traveling allowances Safety & security of Staff .Staff management, Well organise policy
productive and creative
Country Director (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicSeptember 1, 2017
Excellent, challenging, always cutting edge. Committed employees; influential board. works in tandem with other Saves around the world. International and local focus. Very committed to the rights of children based on UN rights of the child.
Pros
very value driven
Cons
strengthen strategic planning. Easily to work on too many things
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 30, 2017
My responsibilities was standing outside asking people for donations and also asking people to be a mentor, or a sponsor for a child who is suffering from poverty in poor countries. The hardest part of the job is standing 8-9 hours a day in the hot sun asking people to help. They were times that certain people curse me out. The enjoyable part is that I help save and got someone to sponsor a little girl from Haiti.
Pros
I learned more about the organization
Cons
Not alot of People donated
rewarding experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Baladīyat ŢarābulusAugust 22, 2017
working for save the children was a rewarding and fun experience. I enjoyed talking to kids and encouraging them to fulfill their potential. I was able to make a difference in kids life which was more rewarding than anything I've ever done.
Great opportunity to work in third world country
Program Manager - South Sudan (Former Employee) –  South SudanAugust 21, 2017
Pay was very low but the overall experience was great. It is the things you can not see that are the most important. (compassion, love, kindness, etc)
Pros
Exposure to other cultures
Cons
distance from home and pay
Coworkers were very nice and helpful
EHS Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Save the Children. The work environment was very pleasant and the workers were very friendly. I enjoyed the parents and the children that I worked with. I also enjoyed spending time with my coworkers. The hours that I worked were good, but sometimes inconvenient.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
no paid time or not enough sick time
professional
member of Emergency Response Team (Former Employee) –  IndonesiaJuly 26, 2017
A very professional working environment. Working systems are well structured. A multicultural working environment with many friendly colleagues. All benefits, allowance, insurance, holidays, etc. are properly paid.
Cool place to work
Professional Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2017
Save the childrens philadelphia canvasing office is an awesome place to work, great hours, cool bosses, and you get to meet tons of great people on a daily basis.
Great Work/ Life Balance
Finance Manager, US Programs (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 17, 2017
Wonderful place to work if you want to feel like your work is meaningful. The work days can be long, but the culture allows for a good work/life balance especially for parents.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long work days
Working with children
NuPa Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, TNJune 16, 2017
Trying to help the students with weight and the importance of good eating. I also got a chance to go to Washington D.C to the white house to tell them about the job that I do with the kids in a rural community,.
Mentors are wonderful, great values, very smart well educated employees and donors
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 15, 2017
It a highly respected organization. Everybody respects each other and the work they do for the people they do it for. Some of perks, you may get to travel or telecommute.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
Travel at times
Work environment, casual
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 15, 2017
Challenging at the beginning, the job does become sisyphean. The culture can start to adopt itself, however, too formal becomes over dressed, and often out dresses the boss.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks
Rude
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2017
I was extremly sick while pregnant and had bad days. They fired me for beingnsick and forgetting one things one time. We always started late and did not get paid what they said they would.
Pros
Outside
Cons
Rude