Save the Children Employee Reviews

Not sure
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTOctober 5, 2016
Nice place to work if you are full time.

I only worked part time and it was not very fulfilling to me.

Great for full time employees
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not much friendliness among employees
Productive work place
Senior CS Coordinator/ Account Management (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 11, 2016
vey busy environment. the culture is different than what I expected. I also feel it's not a stable job. our jobs depend on donations and I want security.
Graphics Designer (Current Employee) –  Addis AbabaMay 2, 2016
I learn about time Management
I work hard with Co-workers
The Company is well known in the world
The company found in good location
There are some things that could make the program better
Teacher (Former Employee) –  MississippiOctober 28, 2016
The experience with the children was the best part of my job. I enjoyed working with my parents. There is a lack of togetherness within the program.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the children.
Cons
Work place gossip and favoritism were major issues.
Great place to work for people with a Non-Profit mindset
Technology Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTApril 6, 2016
It was difficult for me to apply my corporate principles here. Tons of flexibility and a generous vacation and sick day policy. Good and bad, makes it very difficult to get anything done.
Helping Build a Better world
Fund Raising Specialist (Former Employee) –  several malls S FloridaJanuary 14, 2016
one of the most rewarding opportunity I have ever had.Regretfully the campaigns don't last forever and there is no job security. If you happen to live in the area you will be more than welcome to participate.
Pros
Great people, good kind people
Cons
no job security
Very rewarding company
Head Start Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 28, 2016
I went through three companies while I worked in this position. The central office worked with us and showed understanding through all of the hard times and celebrated with us during the good times. I recommend this company if you have a passion for working with families and their children. You can't be afraid of hard work here but the rewards of what you do will make up for that hard work.
Pros
Rewarding and teamwork
Fun and Introspective
Outreach Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 28, 2016
I learned a lot about global issues and government policies while working on behalf of Save the Children. Definitely got the big picture we all live in.
correspondence translator (Former Employee) –  Guatemala,C.A.October 5, 2013
I think that this is a great program that brings together people from such different worlds. Is very rewarding to read the children's letters to their sponsors and the sponsors' interest in children from another countries.
Pros
I woked fom home
Cons
Salary was not very good, no benefits
Great place to work, in general nice people to deal with
Finance & Grants Management Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 30, 2012
Arrive and revise email and since I work with other Countries analize requests, revise reports come back to them with advices. Consolidate information of different Countries and HQ in terms of financial issues. Meetings, expenses reviews and approvals.
I learn how to be organized to be able to answer all the demands.
In terms of management be democratic and supportive with co-workers.
There is no hardes part on the job if you organize yourself.
The most enjoyable part of the work is to be able to be in touch with people of different countries and cultures.
Pros
flexible work time
Cons
work/life balance
Great people who work hard for a wonderful mission
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTDecember 29, 2015
The various fund raising teams work very hard in funding so many global programs for children in health, nutrition, education and disaster relief.
Fast-paced environment, working with advocates who want to make a difference
EA to the VP, Policy & Humanitarian Response (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2015
In my current role as Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Policy and Humanitarian Response at Save the Children, I manage the Vice President's schedule, travel arrangements, budget, and act as a key liaison to drive follow-up with his internal and external relationships. I am also the Public Policy and Advocacy Coordinator, for which I represent my team in inter-departmental working groups to ensure staff remain updated on agency priorities, branding guidelines, quarterly reporting items, and information systems.
Great NGO
Donor Services Associate/Delinquency Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 17, 2015
Save the Children is a wonderful non profit organization that is really dedicated to helping children on a global scale.
great people to work with
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 28, 2015
They company requires a lot of work with out being compensated for it. We are required to go out and recruit children and families after working all day very hard to find the time to do all the work that is required, most is done at home. Even though we have 2 hours to put in documentation at work the internet is slow and the system we have to use is not always working well.
Pros
free lunches and required to eat what they eat but we only get the lunch not other meals
Cons
not served the same meals as the children
Fun
Literacy Tutor (Current Employee) –  Summerton, SCMarch 23, 2015
I am a easy going person that loves to work hard and a typical day at work will be doing what is required of me to do. The typical day is going in work and helping a child who is struggling with reading and vocabulary words. I will come up with games to help make reading fun.
Decent organization to work for and I'm proud to work for/with for the last 15 years.
Finance & Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Egypt Country OfficeSeptember 14, 2013
To manage a diverse team of finance, HR, IT & Administration/Logistics is difficult and to be able to create or maintain harmony between those members was a challenge that I like and I did well and enjoyed it. To have delegation of authorities from your upper level is good and to act accordingly and achieve objectives with minimum level of supervision creates a good environment to work in. My big success was having a family work environment and most enjoyable part is to see a smile over a sponsored child face.
Pros
Staff capacity building
Cons
To merge with other alliances
Working with the kids was the best part of my job
Physical Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morongo Valley, CAOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work was very enjoyable because my job was to come up with fun outdoor activities that was intended to include all of the children. I would have groups of ten to twenty kids and I had to keep them all active in a fun way. What I learned was how to make some of the more challenging activities more fun and would encourage the kids to keep trying no matter how hard it got. My managers were always coming in and checking on me to ensure that the kids were having fun and that they would give me some ideas of trying new things. My co-workers were always very supportive and we would sometimes challenge each other by making teams with the kids and doing the activities together. The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to the kids at the end of the year because I got so used to being around them everyday, that it was hard to have to wait so long until I saw them again. I enjoyed the smiles on the kids faces the most and it was worth every second for just one of those smiles. I loved my job.
More Management training needed
HR (Former Employee) –  WestportFebruary 12, 2013
Save the Children is a great place to work, as long as your manager knows how to manage. While I was there, my senior level coworkers took more interest in my career advancement than my supervisor did. I was expected to do work at 100% accuracy while never being trained on it.
Pros
friendly and supportive coworkers
Cons
managers that do have the competency to manage
Warehouse Officer (Former Employee) –  ElfaherJanuary 8, 2014
- Management, monitoring fuel consumption.
- Develop systems for vehicle tracking on field trips .
- Responsible for submitting monthly report to logistic coordinator .
- Translator for medical team and help to set up of all programme communication
- Including HF radio systems and standard operating procedures.
- Facilitation and set up of south Sudan wide work shop on emergency
Cons
Short Breaks
Nice laid back enviroment
Donor Services (Current Employee) –  Fairfaield, CTAugust 14, 2015
I would recommend this company but not the department. The Director in the donor services department is Rude, not fair, and unpleasent.