Save the Children

Save the Children United States Employee Reviews

Fun
Literacy Tutor (Current Employee), Summerton, SCMarch 23, 2015
I am a easy going person that loves to work hard and a typical day at work will be doing what is required of me to do. The typical day is going in work and helping a child who is struggling with reading and vocabulary words. I will come up with games to help make reading fun.
Fast-paced environment, working with advocates who want to make a difference
EA to the VP, Policy & Humanitarian Response (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2015
In my current role as Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Policy and Humanitarian Response at Save the Children, I manage the Vice President's schedule, travel arrangements, budget, and act as a key liaison to drive follow-up with his internal and external relationships. I am also the Public Policy and Advocacy Coordinator, for which I represent my team in inter-departmental working groups to ensure staff remain updated on agency priorities, branding guidelines, quarterly reporting items, and information systems.
Feel proud working with Save the Children Family
Field Program Assistant (Current Employee), Swabi (KPK)January 26, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefit
Cons: short break
I learned in this project about four diseases treatment which causes children death under five years.
Built strong relationship with team member & co-workers.
I become multi tasking & provide support on immediate response.
The hardest part of this job is when government employees create problems.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meets the targets on time.
well esteemed organization working for betterment of children
Education officer (Former Employee), Batagram KpkDecember 19, 2014
OUR VISION, MISSION AND VALUES

Our vision
A world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.

Our mission
To inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.

Our values
Accountability
We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to supporters, partners and, most of all, children.

Ambition
We are demanding of ourselves and our colleagues, set high goals and are committed to improving the quality of everything we do for children.

Collaboration
We respect and value each other, thrive on our diversity, and work with partners to leverage our global strength in making a difference for children.

Creativity
We are open to new ideas, embrace change, and take disciplined risks to develop sustainable solutions for and with children.

Integrity
We aspire to live to the highest standards of personal honesty and behaviour; we never compromise our reputation and always act in the best interests of children.
Got to work outside
Canvasser Manager, Green corps (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
A typical day at work was being stationed outside trying to get individuals to sign up. Learned that canvassing jobs can be a bit frustrating due to what some of the customers say as to why they don't want to sign up.
A modern learning organization.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: high communication and information exchange among staff members.
Cons: short internship period.
Gained useful experience in internal control, audit and effective report writing skill in the non-profit sector. Very friendly and helpful staff and supervisor.
nice environment
Financial Report Manager (Current Employee), Westport, CTSeptember 23, 2014
Nice relations with the co-workers. Good time management.
Fun very fun place to work. Lots of ongoing training which I feel keeps you focused and helps you if you need fresh ideas.
Early Childhood Coordinator (Former Employee), Yucca Valley, CAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: training and ongoing support.
I really liked working for Save the Children would have never left but the County dropped the program.
very productive work place.
Research Intern (Former Employee), New Delhi, ILJuly 25, 2014
One of most enjoyable work place i ever had. I have been engaged with research with regards to girls education challenges.
SC US is great
Fellow, Disaster Risk Reduction (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 20, 2014
Excellent place to work. I learned a considerable amount about global efforts for Disaster Risk Reduction and emergency response including monitoring and evaluation, basic principles such as the IFRC Code of Conduct and SPHERE principles for humanitarian response.
EARLY STEPS TO SCHOOL SUCCESS (Former Employee), COJuly 1, 2014
Pros: time spent with families
Cons: too much time spent on online training
I enjoyed working with SAVE the Children as they promote language and literacy. Families and their children are their primary focus. My primary focus is the same. I am a strong advocate of SAVE the Children. I would work for this organization and put 110% every single time.
Hospitality company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Westport, CTJune 12, 2014
It was pleasure to work in Save the children. as project coordinator I liked to work there.
Very bright and motivated people
Coordinator (Current Employee), Westport, CTFebruary 18, 2014
A lot of young, bright and motivated people. A typical day is very hard to describe as my particular role is very flexible. Management is understanding and will challenge you to be the best employee possible.
Warehouse Officer (Former Employee), ElfaherJanuary 8, 2014
Cons: short breaks
- Management, monitoring fuel consumption.
- Develop systems for vehicle tracking on field trips .
- Responsible for submitting monthly report to logistic coordinator .
- Translator for medical team and help to set up of all programme communication
- Including HF radio systems and standard operating procedures.
- Facilitation and set up of south Sudan wide work shop on emergency
It was a good place to work
Clerical/ Data Entry (Former Employee), Westport, CTNovember 14, 2013
I loved working for this company if I had the chance I would go back .
Working with the kids was the best part of my job
Physical Activities Coordinator (Former Employee), Morongo Valley, CAOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work was very enjoyable because my job was to come up with fun outdoor activities that was intended to include all of the children. I would have groups of ten to twenty kids and I had to keep them all active in a fun way. What I learned was how to make some of the more challenging activities more fun and would encourage the kids to keep trying no matter how hard it got. My managers were always coming in and checking on me to ensure that the kids were having fun and that they would give me some ideas of trying new things. My co-workers were always very supportive and we would sometimes challenge each other by making teams with the kids and doing the activities together. The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to the kids at the end of the year because I got so used to being around them everyday, that it was hard to have to wait so long until I saw them again. I enjoyed the smiles on the kids faces the most and it was worth every second for just one of those smiles. I loved my job.
correspondence translator (Former Employee), Guatemala,C.A.October 5, 2013
Pros: i woked fom home
Cons: salary was not very good, no benefits
I think that this is a great program that brings together people from such different worlds. Is very rewarding to read the children's letters to their sponsors and the sponsors' interest in children from another countries.
Decent organization to work for and I'm proud to work for/with for the last 15 years.
Finance & Operations Director (Current Employee), Egypt Country OfficeSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: staff capacity building
Cons: to merge with other alliances
To manage a diverse team of finance, HR, IT & Administration/Logistics is difficult and to be able to create or maintain harmony between those members was a challenge that I like and I did well and enjoyed it. To have delegation of authorities from your upper level is good and to act accordingly and achieve objectives with minimum level of supervision creates a good environment to work in. My big success was having a family work environment and most enjoyable part is to see a smile over a sponsored child face.
Charity fundraising
Fundraiser Coordinator (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 21, 2013
Went door-to-door raising funds for children.
Learned to accept rejection, but enjoy the feeling of raising a lot of money for sick and homeless children.
Non-Profit
Various (Former Employee), Westport, CTMay 13, 2013
Pros: helps children.
Cons: constant changes.
Fine place to work. Technology needs revamping. In constant flux.

About Save the Children

Save the Children helps poor and malnourished children in about 15 US states and about 120 countries, focusing on such areas as – Read more

Save the Children Salaries