Savvis, Inc. Employee Reviews

A good job
Service Desk Analyst - Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2016
I worked as a service desk technician. They were wise enough to understand that no service desk technician needs an office. In the 21st century we were able to work from home.

If you like help desk or service desk work, it is a great job.
image comptuers
HELPDESK SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 2, 2015
Image computers as requests would come in. Would work tickets that could be assigned to me. Move equipment from users old office to their new office. I would also ship out laptops to different office locations.
Good workplace culture
Service Delivery Coordinator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  MONovember 6, 2015
There is a good sense of teamwork, however, it was better before CTL bought Savvis. Management does a good job to help their employees balance work and home.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Low pay
Very pleasant palce to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part about the job was getting along with colleagues and clients. The hardest part of the job was when the incoming staff member called in sick at the last moment.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Driving in inclement weather
Great Work Environment
JUNIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work here is very peaceful and quiet. Everyone here is like family we all help and look out for one another to make sure that everybody goes home the same way they showed up...
Creating accounts and helping Sales Reps open hundreds of accounts daily.
operations analyst (Current Employee) –  chesterfieldAugust 10, 2015
i have not really been given any chance to advance and they are in a hiring freeze, so it's time to move one.
I would like to be able to use the qualities and tools I possess but haven't been given that chance.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no training
Great Culture and Smart People
Sr. Director of Professional Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working within the Financial vertical. People were very knowledgable of the vertical and the sales teams had good relationships with the customer. I still have many friends from my stay at Savvis.
Pros
Great culture and smart people
Cons
Home Office in St Louis was a little out of touch with the NYC Financial vertical Market.
Solid services being offered good place to work as individual contributor
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2015
The compensation was very good with incentive bonuses but once purchased by CenturyLink, the bonuses and salary were throttled back significantly. A typical day involved customer meetings, following up on email, developing solutions, and tracking time spent on accounts. Director and above were very temperamental and seemed at odds in a political game that took its toll on the resources.
Pros
work from home and good customers
Cons
politics in the management rhelm.
Smaller employee driven company
Network Incident Response Specialist (Former Employee) –  MOApril 27, 2015
Bought by Centurylink and no longer concerned with employees. Upper management was open and aware of employee concerns.
Great team-mates
IP SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 1, 2015
Worked with great people, professionally and personally. Knowledgeable of their crafts, and extremely helpful as well.
Pros
dynamic working environment
Cons
layoffs
Lots of competition
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 27, 2015
SAVVIS boasts to have one of the largest data center networks in the country. Their sales force is ultra competitive, which has created a lot of turnover in their staff over the years.
Good Company
SR. NETWORK TECHINICAN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2015
I loved worked at this company. They have great opportunites to further my career
This may not still apply...
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 18, 2014
This company was going through a major transition and overhaul while I was there which contributed to a great deal of mismanagement, volatility, multiple objective changes, and executive shuffling. The people were great, there was work/life/family support initially. They have since been purchased by CenturyLink, so I don't know what the environment is like, could drastically different.
Best Company that I've worked for during my work experience.
Sr. Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hastings, OKSeptember 29, 2014
Best Company that I've worked for during my work experience.

Management was fair and impartial, Company was best that I've worked for.
Productive and Forward Thinking Place to Work
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2014
A typical day here would be coming in to one of the sites within the city and reviewing installs and maintenance for the facilities projecting out several months. Interfacing with the lead engineers and account managers was a big part of this. The team was very cross functional and we all new how to do every job required of the team. I learned a lot of what I know now about Data Centers while working here. It was very hands on and required participation and team work to get the job done. Management typically allowed me and the team to perform our jobs, with little micromanagement. I worked very closely with my co workers. We accomplished a lot together. Most difficult part of the job was keeping up with multiple client installs at the same time, but not too difficult to handle. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the professionals I worked with and being able to do a lot of the hands on work that helped develop skills we all now have.
Nice Work Place
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 4, 2014
Was a nice place to work with good mangers team / sound work atmosphere.....at times was very busy
Pros
highly motivated
Cons
no problems
Overall great company with vertical growth in cloud computing and Hosting area network, as well as colocation facilities.
Network Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMay 16, 2014
Typically started with meetings with customer technical contact to other work specifics such as gathering details for network requirements.
Learned Data Center architecture, including load balancing, firewall rules/set-up and worked with Juniper switches.
very unstable environment
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
very political environment, constant turn over; the company was acquired.
Pros
great pay
Cons
unstable environment; poor management
Savvis is a high-end managed hosting company with co-lo and MPLS network
Sr. Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Savvis is a high-end managed hosting company with co-lo and MPLS network. Really was a challenge to work and learn so much so fast at a highly detailed level of expertise. Will work you hard but it's rewarding to be able to use your entire skill set all the time. Very busy.
Relaxed environment, easy to focus
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MONovember 8, 2013
A typical day includes an average workload with an occasional crisis that needs handling. Plenty of time to advance your personal IT knowledge and work with others who share the same sentiment. The hardest part of the job is the technical aspect. Depending on the subject matter you can investigate further or assign to the appropriate team to get a task completed. I enjoy being able to focus without distraction and advance my skillsets.