Savvis, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good Company to work as contractor to IFC
Tier II Analyst (Current Employee) –  IFC, Washington, D.C.August 14, 2013
Good Company to work as contractor to IFC. Interesting and you receive calls of varying difficulty relating to proprietary software used by the World Bank
benefits
Cons
tier ii analyst for proprietary software involves shift work
A typical day was like any other fast & furious
Network Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 1, 2013
There was not much to learn, but I did create a training manual for my group. Management was okay. My co-workers seem to be friendly. The hard part of my job was getting use to the attitudes. Was going home for the day.
Pros
my manager provided free company polo shirts for meeting our goal.
Cons
i would get my break and lunch time in most of the time.
16 years experience with Savvis
Information Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2013
Great place to work, good pay and people. Worked all shifts and hours. On call responsibilities. Worked with several types of firewalls and VPN solutions.
Pros
great people
Higher Than Thou
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 30, 2013
Savvis, an industry leader no doubt, has a very bad reputation amongst customers and potential clients for arrogance. The culture has not changed much, albeit the solutions are very mature and competent. Working at CenturyLink was a great opportunity, until I realized there are still 3 very large multi-billion dollar organizations still having difficulty years later in assimilating solutions, cultures, and selling strategy. Earnings potential is great, but it just depends on how much discombobulation you can put up with. I tend to lean more towards a streamlined organization that might not pay as much on a base, but has more maneuverability.
Pros
good pay, industry leading solutions, good training
Cons
old culture, no inter-company integration, complicated commission structure, long pay cycles
Good Hosting company
Senior Software Engineer at SAVVIS Communications (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2013
very secured and nice management. good growth in virtualization technolgoy
Great Work Environment
NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2012
Monitored Data Center Systems, Devices, and configured all new customer equipment.
Pros
location
Cons
no advancement
Productive, Fun, yet challenging place to work.
Web Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2012
Working for a fortune 100 client resolving their web application issues. Management was "normal" typical corporation management. Nothing horrible but nothing shined either. Co-workers were all great, young, and smart. Hardest part of the job was a balance of work and life. The most enjoyable part was the employees were like minded and fun to be around.
Pros
fun culture, good opportunites to advance
Cons
work cut into personal life too much.
Datacenter Engineer (Current Employee) –  Slough, ENGMay 22, 2012
Dis-organised company, primarily driven by what the customer want and not what Savvis can offer. Sales promise expectations that either the company or the DC team have no input in and are usually left under pressure to deliver.
Pros
benifits
Cons
sales
SAVVIS
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St LouisMarch 15, 2012
A big player in their sector located in St Louis. They had a number of management problems during the time period I worked for them.
Great Opportunity for True Hunters
Global Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  DallasFebruary 27, 2012
If you are a "hunter" and will really put in the time and effort, the compensation, at least in the past has been excellent. That being said, what the effect of the recent purchase by CenturyLink will be on that is hard to determine. Sales management and senior sales management tends to be weak. Focus is more on colocation opportunities than managed services, but still the compensation is good.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sometimes suffer from spotty customer care

Want to know more about Savvis, Inc.?

Ask a question
Good environment, high tech company in the forefront of technology
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Miami floridaFebruary 21, 2012
Savvis was a great learning experience that implemented a state of the art, layer 2 internet infrastructure with private network access points being able to provide QoS and SLA's over the internet. Savvis was the first company to use the internet as a B2B delivery mechanism.
Pros
great share profit sharing program, open door executive leadership.
Cons
no cons, except the usual corporation politics.
Average when I left in 2010
manager (Former Employee) –  St. LouisFebruary 2, 2012
I left Savvis late in 2010. While there, I worked in a support department. Since I left, Savvis was acquired by CenturyLink, and the manager I worked for has left the company. My ratings reflect my experience there, so someone considering Savvis would be better served to consider reviews of those who have more recent experience with the company.
Pros
flexible about working away from the office;
Cons
tends to highly compensate a few, reactive (vs. planful), siloed (vs. integrated across functions)