Saw Mill Sports Management is a recognized industry leader with over 40 years of health club operating experience. Our privately owned and professionally run clubs offer the highest quality and greatest variety of fitness choices in our respective markets. This includes fitness centers, group exercise programs, tennis courts, aquatics centers, yoga studios, child care centers, massage services and a variety of programs to support the fitness and healthy lifestyle goals of our members. Our team of professionals is dedicated to member service and is passionate about the roles they play in enhancing the member experience. Saw Mill Sports Management is comprised of Saw Mill Club and Saw Mill Club East located in Mt. Kisco, NY; Sportsplex located in New Windsor, NY and Sportsplex located in Stamford, CT.
The Human Resource Coordinator plays a key role in the successful operation of our clubs. This individual reports directly to the President and has a presence in each club. If you possess the skills required of the position and would like to join a dedicated work community that is member service driven, please apply.
Saw Mill Sports Management is and Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for all Human Resource functions. The individual must possess the ability to interact with all employee and management levels as well as vendors. You must display high levels of trust and confidentiality and the ability to use discretion when communicating sensitive information, The position requires the ability to be objective and apply independent thinking skills when making decisions that allow for fair and equitable results while minimizing legal risk and liability. You must be ale to recognize, assess and minimize high-risk situations, determine when investigation is appropriate and render a favorable outcome.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Support managers in the recruiting process
- Serve as a resource for all employee benefits, timely enrollments and coordination with payroll
- Research benefit options and conduct open enrollments annually
- Orientation of new employees and managers
- Knowledge of employment law and Department of Labor regulations
- Act as a resource for employee issues, policies, terminations and investigate when appropriate
- Initiate changes to company policy and employee handbook as necessary
- Administer Worker's Compensation and Disability claims and FMLA
- Maintain employee personnel files in compliance with state and federal requirements
- Complete NYS Wage Statements, EEOC, CMS and other government reports
- Administration of Section 125; pre-tax benefits
- Act as contact person and plan administrator for 401-k plan
- Analyze and secure all property, liability and employment related insurance policies for all clubs
- Act as contact person for insurance agents and monitor insurance renewals
- Act as gatekeeper for Incident Reports
- Approve invoices associated with benefit programs and insurance policies
Requirements of the Position
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- Three years of relevant experience
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to travel to all four clubs
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Club Membership
- Paid vacation and personal/sick days
- Flexible Spending