Saxon Employee Reviews

overall the job was good
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cuero, TXSeptember 10, 2015
overall the job was good getting material to work with was slow had a hard time keeping the workers working all 7 days that was needed to finish on time
Loan Underwriter Level III (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Review, approve, and underwrite conventional home loans including HELOC and bankruptcy files adhering to company guidelines for
Government(FNMA and FHLMC) and Conventional loans (BoNY, etc). Served as an subject matter lead, assisting with difficult questions, escalated calls, and work direction along with approved transactions within the delegations of authority. Review credit reports thoroughly to determine if credit guidelines for particular loan type (Cash-Out Refinance… revolving debts were closed) were completed and correct. Approve transactions within the delegations of authority.
Sound and Dynamic Litigation Experience
ASSOCIATE CIVIL LITIGATION ATTORNEY (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 10, 2014
Managed and litigated own caseload from inception through trial and appeal on matters that included commercial real estate, mortgage fraud, asset recovery, mortgage repurchase demands, all aspects of real property litigation, construction and commercial litigation, and complex contract disputes; extensive motion practice experience and civil discovery including defending and taking depositions.
no longer in business
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 27, 2014
good company to work for, just didnt last long. The company went out of business.
Great company but no longer in operations
Loss Mitigation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 24, 2013
SAXON was a great place to work for until their portfolio was bought out by Ocwen and the company no longer exists.
Pros
401k matching upon hire, generous compensation plans
Cons
Poor senior management
Friendly and fun workplace
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 3, 2013
At a day at Saxon, there are many customers to ring up and greet, and there are also many phone calls to be answered or placed. At Saxon, I learned how to answer phones, place orders over phones, call in credit cards, and call customers to tell them that their packages were in. The management was extremely nice and caring. My co-workers were friendly and reliable. The hardest part of my job was cleaning the back room. The most enjoyable part at Saxon was setting up Vera Bradley, and placing phone calls.
Pros
Working with great management.
Cons
Bad pay
Being productive and profitable, while enjoying the workplace.
Modification Processor II/ Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2012
A typical day at work is assisting customers, working with staff members, as I continue to learn all while being profitable. The greatest teaching tool is working with people, whether it be management, co-workers, or the team that you are leading and developing, as you achieve and exceed goals mandated by the Company/Corporation. Management is the driving force for the success of any corporation, therefore, great leadership is very important and must be provided. Working with co-workers has always been a great joy for myself, strategicly obtaining goals together, and sustaining a great work environment. The hardest part of the job is getting an unmotivated employee to consistently be motivated on a daily basis.Finally, the most enjoyable part of the job is training, developing, and experiencing the success of your staff.
Pros
getting the bonus
Cons
not achieving monthly quotas/goals etc.
Rewarding, Beneficial with Many Positive Attributes
Safety Adminnistrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Hill, GAJuly 20, 2012
Working with Saxon has been a very great experience for me, people there are always there to help, support and educate I can't say enough about my time with the company. Everyday brought new rewarding challenges, learned how be effective outside my regular work assignments. Hardest part of my job was feeling like I needed to do more in other areas that I wasn't quite qualified for, but the most enjoyable part was the open doors they were willing to give me to advance to those areas.
Pros
employee family days
Cons
when projects ended and we had to move on
good company to work for
2nd Lien Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 20, 2012
There was plenty of work to always do. Saxon is where I was given the opputunity to learn the mortgage world. I really enjoyed my co-workers as well as my manager.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
the pay was low compared to the market