Saybr Contractors, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent/Quality Control Manager with a minimum of five years of heavy civil construction experience. The successful candidate will provide site supervision, safety management, and quality control duties for a wide variety of construction projects, primarily in civil construction. The successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- Familiar with all aspects of civil construction.
- Able to perform surveillance quality control inspection on multiple crews and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling and coordinating subcontractors.
- Demonstrated experience implementing comprehensive quality control programs for a variety of construction tasks.
- Demonstrated experience enforcing safety codes and regulations. Must practice safe work habits at all times by understanding, following, and enforcing company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures; wearing prescribed safety apparel; and taking appropriate action when conditions threaten safety of self or coworkers.
- Strong working knowledge of project scheduling, phasing, sequencing, and plan review.
- Ability to verify accuracy of dimensions of installations and layouts.
- Ability to observe work in progress to ensure that procedures followed and materials used conform to specifications.
- Capable of examining quality of finished work for compliance and provide approval for installation.
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications to ensure compliance with specifications and other regulations governing construction.
- Capable of maintaining detailed records of quantities of materials received or used during specified periods and maintaining detailed daily log of construction and inspection activities.
- Able to prepare as-builds to record deviations from master plans.
- Self-starter with good documentation skills.
- Able to meet challenges and deadlines while maintaining quality and safety goals.
- Able to develop and maintain relationships with project personnel, the customer, subcontractors and other third-party representatives impacting the outcome of the project.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Eligible for military base access based on thorough FBI background investigation.
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
- In possession of a valid Washington State Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation to and from job sites and willingness to travel.
Salary will be dependent upon experience (Prevailing Wage paid on government work as required). Saybr offers comprehensive medical and dental insurance coverage following one month of employment. Employees are eligible to participate in the company’s 401k/retirement plan following three months of employment.
Saybr Contractors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity in our workforce. Saybr provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job description. The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
Saybr Contractors, Inc. is a general commercial contractor specializing in fuel system services, building construction, sitework and...